Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

On 6/6/2020 at 4:35 PM, latetotheparty said:

Look at the second photo. That face is pure Jim Bob. Well, except for the nostrils. 

....and the under-bite, which Jessa's second one has also.

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, awaken said:

It really is amazing how much healthier and brighter she looks with this pregnancy than her first!  

She does look good. But she has ten more weeks to go. Toward the end of her pregnancy with Giddy, Joy looked swollen and tired.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Nysha said:

I wonder if she's playing happy face/mad face to teach Gideon about different emotions or so he can learn to fake a smile no matter how he feels inside?

I used to play this with my kids because their exaggerated facial expressions were so darn cute - I don't think there is anything nefarious here. Giddy seems a happy, well-adjusted boy. Again, Austin is one of only two kids, so I don't think that they will have an enormous family. They may be like my husband and I were and had all of our kids close together so that we could get that stage of life over with.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Insert Username said:

I used to play this with my kids because their exaggerated facial expressions were so darn cute - I don't think there is anything nefarious here. Giddy seems a happy, well-adjusted boy. Again, Austin is one of only two kids, so I don't think that they will have an enormous family. They may be like my husband and I were and had all of our kids close together so that we could get that stage of life over with.

Austin's parents seem to have found IBLP late in life. They also got married older and it could have been infertility that led them to have two kids. Austin and Joy recently said they were "letting God determine their family size" which is a line they got from her parents. They've only been three years and 1 month and Joy has spent a lot of time pregnant.  We'll see. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

Austin's parents seem to have found IBLP late in life. They also got married older and it could have been infertility that led them to have two kids. Austin and Joy recently said they were "letting God determine their family size" which is a line they got from her parents. They've only been three years and 1 month and Joy has spent a lot of time pregnant.  We'll see. 

Austin's mother also has said "as many blessings as the Lord will give them".

(edited)
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Austin's mother also has said "as many blessings as the Lord will give them".

When did she say that? (I must have missed that). 

Edited by Temperance
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

When did she say that? (I must have missed that). 

During one of her brief appearances on the show. Maybe the one when J & A went over to tell them Joy was pregnant?

9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm truly sorry for Joy. I can't imagine delivering a deceased baby that you know you won't be taking home with you. That really sucks.

A very close friend of mine had to do this. Very traumatic.

18 hours ago, Temperance said:

Austin's parents seem to have found IBLP late in life. They also got married older and it could have been infertility that led them to have two kids.

Remarried, right?

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think he has kids from a previous marriage. That's where Austin gets his TX relatives from.

Hypocrites. The must've has something to offer the cult if they were allowed to be so popular, or there at all.

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm truly sorry for Joy. I can't imagine delivering a deceased baby that you know you won't be taking home with you. That really sucks.

It's beyond belief. My heart bleeds for them. You never get over it. 

My heart goes out to both of them too but it makes their stance on not being as careful as possible with this new life Joy is carrying puzzling.  I can't imagine taking a chance on anything after such an incredible loss.

• Love 17

Okay, so they have repulsive views but that is a sweet video.  She went with "are you excited?" and "Yay" so maybe that is a family thing.  Sweet boy.  Austin seems to like him so far.

• Love 12