Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

"she has the best personality" - said about a newborn - so insane

Duggars don't have any experience of words used with reason or for accuracy.

It's cult-favorite cliches all the way down. 

They're far from alone in this, of course. 

But it is the same way Scientology keeps its adherents from having any reality-based or coherent thoughts. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Duggars don't have any experience of words used with reason or for accuracy.

It's cult-favorite cliches all the way down. 

They're far from alone in this, of course. 

But it is the same way Scientology keeps its adherents from having any reality-based on coherent thoughts. 😁

But thetans! 😉 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

She's a cute baby but oh trust me there are ugly newborns out there. Seen them and usually said "oooh he looks just like you dad!" to get out of saying how cute the baby was.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 9

See how much better your outcome can be when you have proper medical care and deliver in a hospital? (Looking at you Jessa.) I know things go wrong all the time in a hospital, but it’s a hell of a lot safer than home.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 19

Glad everyone is apparently healthy.  I will say Joy's words at least show a true happiness and enjoyment of her second baby.  She sounds like she's very genuinely and happily making lemonade out of the difficulty of a baby who's up at night and sleeps during the day.  I will say she does seem to try to grab the positive side of situations in life.   I was humbled by her strength and ability to have a good attitude about her siblings having babies all around her in the aftermath of her miscarriage.

Whether I care for their lifestyle or not, she and Austin seem well-suited and very happy and content in their marriage.  And fatherhood has brought out a whole new (public) aspect of Austin's personality.  He and Gideon are undeniably beyond happy to be together.     

• Love 23

Glad Austin took his damn hat off for one picture.  🙄 That’s some seriously busy pattern on the blanket an headband. I’m glad mother and baby seem to be doing OK.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

She's a girl. She has a servant's heart and will make an excellent sistermom. 

She also loves the Lord. 🙄

53 minutes ago, kstar821 said:

Nuts - it was born on my birthday.  😂

Happy birthday!

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I'm glad Joy doesn't have to get the makeup spackled on to show her newborn baby like the Bates girls do~

Oh, there's eyeliner and mascara.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Good gracious, that child already looks like austin😱 duggar genes have finally met their matchp

3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I am glad everyone is ok.  The baby looks like her big brother in the second picture.

Yes she looks like Gideon with a bow.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Why do these people think we care so much about what they've named their children? There's no way that Joy and Austin don't have a name for her. I wonder what family member will slip first. 

Exactly. If they never released the name I still wouldn’t GAF.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Why do these people think we care so much about what they've named their children? There's no way that Joy and Austin don't have a name for her. I wonder what family member will slip first. 

Wait until they have a naming contest for one of their babies. Swipe up!

You all will be suggesting Madison and Ashley. 

• LOL 16
6 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Wait until they have a naming contest for one of their babies. Swipe up!

You all will be suggesting Madison and Ashley. 

Boaty McBoatface

Or I guess Baby McBabyface. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly. If they never released the name I still wouldn’t GAF.

I care! I keep a spreadsheet on these people and I need to update now that she's born.*

*I do keep a spreadsheet but it's because I'm fascinated with names and large religious families produce a lot of names.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I care! I keep a spreadsheet on these people and I need to update now that she's born.*

*I do keep a spreadsheet but it's because I'm fascinated with names and large religious families produce a lot of names.

I'm a little weirdly obsessed with names--like, I remember buying a baby name book when I was 9, not because I wanted babies but because I wanted access to name etymologies--so I want to know her name purely out of nosiness. But to be fair, it's not specific to them or their baby. I'm that way about anyone's naming decisions. 

• Love 21

The first question I ask a new parent is what they named their baby. I never ask before birth b/c it's not any of my business. I hate when people ask me personal questions, even ones that will eventually be made public. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm a little weirdly obsessed with names--like, I remember buying a baby name book when I was 9, not because I wanted babies but because I wanted access to name etymologies--so I want to know her name purely out of nosiness. But to be fair, it's not specific to them or their baby. I'm that way about anyone's naming decisions. 

You are not alone. Lots of people are obsessed with names, myself included. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've had one of these books off and on since I was a kid, too. I use them to name characters in stories I write (and to name my dogs and cats).

I love names in general, and have a special fondness for Biblical names, and really don't care what they name this baby. Given their history, it will probably be nice enough, and will hardly matter as the body count continues to rise at the TTH and satellite compounds.

• Love 11

omg - I just read the article.  Not only was the baby born on my birthday; she has the exact height/weight birth stats of my 14 year old. 

I feel like I should send a gift or something.  😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, kstar821 said:

Nuts - it was born on my birthday.  😂

Happy Birthday  and welcome to the Duggar Forsyth Birthday Club.  I share a birthday with Gideon, February 23.  Just remember it could be worse -- my husband shares his with Josh.

12 hours ago, Nysha said:

You ought to do a spread sheet on those of us who share a Duggar or Duggar adjacent birthday.  I think the results would be interesting and a good read.

I'm being too lazy to look but do any of the Dugg children share a birthday (besides the twins?) I know the Bates have at least one set they showed on a recent rerun. It was one of the older boys & younger girls. I think they have another group too.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, kstar821 said:

Thanks for the birthday wishes!  44 and only 2 daughters.  Me-chelle would consider me such a failure.

Only in sense of being an inferior comparison to herself.   No doubt in her heart of hearts she chalks you, I and 99.9% of the rest of the female population as success stories, as our "failures" mean she keeps her status on the totem pole.  If the Quiverful idea really became the norm she would likely hate it as it would diminish her "accomplishment".     

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Happy Birthday  and welcome to the Duggar Forsyth Birthday Club.  I share a birthday with Gideon, February 23.  Just remember it could be worse -- my husband shares his with Josh.

You ought to do a spread sheet on those of us who share a Duggar or Duggar adjacent birthday.  I think the results would be interesting and a good read.

I'm being too lazy to look but do any of the Dugg children share a birthday (besides the twins?) I know the Bates have at least one set they showed on a recent rerun. It was one of the older boys & younger girls. I think they have another group too.

Grandma Mary and Ivy Jane Seewald shared a birthday. When Ivy was born, they said that these are the only two family members to share a birthday besides the twins. So far none of the new births have changed that. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I share a birthday with sex pest too. 🤢

5 hours ago, louannems said:

This is the first Duggars girl baby not wearing an enormous stupid head bow!  I do hope that Joy never puts those ugly rag wraps on that baby's head.

She already did, in the picture Joy posted (second pic on the Instagram post).

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Thanks!  My husband shares his birthday with Si - which could be a lot worse. :) 

• Love 2