Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Oh they know. They just don't care because babies for Jesus. I don't think Joy saw the worst of it growing up but she had to see how that many children diverted attention away from each individual child. Unless she's that dumb or indoctrinated.

She is both dumb and indoctrinated 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Ages ago it was very common to reuse names after a child died. I can't tell you how confused I was doing genealogy research and finding the same name used over and over only to realize the child died and the next one got the same name. 

YES! Some of my ancestors just reused the same names even with people who were alive. So, I have one family in my family tree who have a whole passel of brothers, uncles, and cousins with the same 3 damn names. FOR GENERATIONS. 

Back on topic: I am always so bad at the name sweepstakes. Just based on the previous names they've used, I could see them picking an older name but not one that seems old, if that makes sense. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Maybe  Joy will basically tell Michelle to bite the big one and name her baby Julianna, we know JimBob's been wanting a Julie forever. 

I'll add Annabeth to the list. So far none of the Duggar grands have first names that start with J and that seems to be a trend. 

• Love 2

If they really want to make JB and M happy, they'd probably just start giving the "grandbabies" their proper grandbaby numbers, rather than names.

Otherwise, as time goes on, how will the world's godliest grandparents ever remember the size of their second-generation horde (or hoard -- either works, in this case) so they can accurately brag about it?  Why, if the kids get numbers JB and M will even have a rough idea of who are the older ones and who the younger ones! Wouldn't that be impressive! They could talk about it on TeeVee! 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

Y'all know I hate the beliefs of these people, but, that was a sweet video.  Even Austin seems to like Giddy right now.  I hate the thought of Giddy showing some spirit and Austin trying to beat it out of him.  Would a blanket trained child seem so happy?  And, yes, I know Giddy's future is bleak because of the idiotic beliefs of his parents.

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, leighdear said:

That is Josie's exact face in 10 years. 

i immediately saw jingers face -- especially the eyes.

1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

Will Joy get a covid test because she will give birth in a hospital? Is it a requirement?

i just had mine on thursday. negative so i 'get' to have my procedure on tuesday morning. still no answers here -- only more worry and fear. 

6 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Will Joy get a covid test because she will give birth in a hospital? Is it a requirement?

Probably depends on the hospital.  Where I practice, all of the hospitals require a COVID test on admission, including for childbirth.  Women who are scheduled for cesareans or inductions are expected to get it done within 3 days of their admission so the results are known before they arrive.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I gave birth in June and was tested. Even with the negative result, I still had to wear a mask through labor and delivery. Luckily mine was quick, so it wasn’t as big of a deal as I thought it would be. Hopefully Joy’s delivery is quicker than her first, if she has to do the same. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I gave birth in June and was tested. Even with the negative result, I still had to wear a mask through labor and delivery. Luckily mine was quick, so it wasn’t as big of a deal as I thought it would be. Hopefully Joy’s delivery is quicker than her first, if she has to do the same. 

Yes, a negative result doesn't mean the mask rules go away.  Everyone in the hospital, including patients who are able, needs to wear a mask when others are around.  That means labor and delivery, too.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Maybe  Joy will basically tell Michelle to bite the big one and name her baby Julianna, we know JimBob's been wanting a Julie forever. 

hmm, I didn't know this, why did they not use the name Julie? I think its a pretty name. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

hmm, I didn't know this, why did they not use the name Julie? I think its a pretty name. 

Mainly because Jim Bob liked the name and Michelle is in charge of all baby naming.  I believe there also might've been a reference to a cute girl in school with that name that JB had a crush on before Michelle came along.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Mainly because Jim Bob liked the name and Michelle is in charge of all baby naming.  I believe there also might've been a reference to a cute girl in school with that name that JB had a crush on before Michelle came along.

So much for Jim Bob being the mighty headship whose every command must be joyfully fulfilled.

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, sheshark said:

Yes so Joy is going for a VBAC it seems.  At least in the hospital just in case.  Giddy is a sweet child.

I hope she's going to give birth in a hospital with proper medical care.  Hope she has a safe, easy birth, and she and the baby are healthy. 

Edited by QuinnInND
Because has and had are two different words.
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

I hope she's going to give birth in a hospital with proper medical care.  Hope she has a safe, easy birth, and she and the baby are healthy. 

They've already said she's going to give birth in a hospital. Her appointment videos make it clear she's getting proper care. After everything they've been through, she and Austin take prenatal care seriously.   She may be induced Wednesday if she hasn't had the baby, because Gideon was 10 pounds at birth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

This is true that Jim Bob had a school crush on a girl named Julie...Michelle would never allow any daughter to be named Julie. I remember the segment when that name was being tossed in. Michelle dismissed it right away.....what a bitch.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Reddust said:

Isn't Joy's good friend Carlin Bates? I saw on People.com that both she and her husband have covid 19.

We've been talking about this in the Sweet Fellowship thread. Fortunately Joy and Carlin don't live near each other and Joy hasn't seen Carlin in 6 weeks, well before she had Covid. 

• Love 7

I kind of hope she already had the baby and they are just enjoying a bit of family time before they share the news.  Today is my granddaughter's 2nd birthday and I would rather she didn't share it with a Duggar grandchild.  

But I do wish them well and hope everything goes (went?) according to plan.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

she may have already had the baby - they do have to spread out their news releases. Kendra was today's news..... then Joy's news, then Jessa, Abbie, Lauren, Anna will announce.... 

It doesn't make sense to me that Kendra's news took priority over Joy's.  I actually think it's strange they chose to announce #3 while waiting for a new niece any second. I posted this in Joe and Kendra's thread.

Since Kendra is "sweet", I'm sure someone will defend her. If Jessa or Lauren had announced today, people would give them hell. 

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It doesn't make sense to me that Kendra's news took priority over Joy's.

because we all don't think like JB - everyone knows Joy either had the baby already or delivering any day per her own posts. But Kendra's news gets out first. they seem to always delay the actual birth announcements now. a week or so. Kendra and the 3rd pregnancy is a distraction. Sorry Joe and Kendra that is your place in the grand JB scheme this go round.

• Love 4

Joy should be at hospital getting induced. A friend of mine was induced on her due date, because they were worried about the size of the baby being very large. Her baby was around 9lbs. Gideon was a 10 pound baby. 

I hope Joy is taking real medical advice and not listening to her family. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Earlier, she implied that she was going to be induced on her due date. I guess her doctor is allowing her some leeway here. Maybe the baby is still at a manageable size to attempt the VBAC.

Apparently what Joy said about that was:

“Before the doctor checked me, he was saying…, ‘If you go past 40 Weeks, we may need to talk about some sort of induction, just because you’ve had a big baby and he was born at 40 Weeks, at 10 Pounds."

Gideon was born one day after his due date as well.  He was 10 pounds 3 ounces. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

her feet look a bit puffy...I was pregnant with my daughter and carried her all through the summer and gave birth on august 25...it was a miserable pregnancy and I was puffy and swollen too...hopefully joy goes in to labor naturally...a heat wave is heading for the south starting this weekend.....If she lived near me I could make her eggplant Parm...its a tradition in my family..I made it for my daughter and she went into the labor the next day with both kiddos...;)

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Dimi1 said:

her feet look a bit puffy...I was pregnant with my daughter and carried her all through the summer and gave birth on august 25...it was a miserable pregnancy and I was puffy and swollen too...hopefully joy goes in to labor naturally...a heat wave is heading for the south starting this weekend.....If she lived near me I could make her eggplant Parm...its a tradition in my family..I made it for my daughter and she went into the labor the next day with both kiddos...;)

Yeah the one consolation for Joy has been that the past week or so has been unseasonably nice here weather-wise, though the early part of the month was very hot. She sort of lucked out on an Arkansas August to be big pregnant. 

• Love 3

Lucky for her she is not in California.  107-112 every day last week.  It is supposed to "cool down" to only 101 starting tomorrow.  With rolling power blackouts a real possibility.  I have my battery packs and battery operated fan at the ready.  I wish Joy all the best for a safe delivery.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Lucky for her she is not in California.  107-112 every day last week.  It is supposed to "cool down" to only 101 starting tomorrow.  With rolling power blackouts a real possibility.  I have my battery packs and battery operated fan at the ready.  I wish Joy all the best for a safe delivery.

Ugh. It's been in the 80s here during the day and 60s at night. I've never experienced an August like this in Arkansas. Usually it's just miserable. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Here in the Bay Area, we cooled down to mid-80s today. But the smoke from the Vacaville fires is moving in, so the air quality sucks.

deleted because I thought I was posting in the Prayer Closet. Oops! 

Hopefully, Joy's baby comes before the heat wave hits.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here in the Bay Area, we cooled down to mid-80s today. But the smoke from the Vacaville fires is moving in, so the air quality sucks. 

The air quality here (south of Modesto) is horrible.  It was "twilight" all day.  The sky has this strange orange cast.  No wind to blow anything out. I was actually glad for an excuse to wear a mask without looking out of place. I had two quick errands to run this morning, and then inside all day.  Supposed to be only 101 tomorrow.  Two more months before my new house is ready.  I am so ready!!!

• Love 4