Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it may have been an Arkansas statehouse internship? And she was Jed!"s accountability partner mostly, probably. But whichever it was, yep -- I agree that pretty much anybody would have gotten the picture from that....especially when they'd been attending right-to-life events of many kinds since birth, approximately.... ...

Plus, there's Joy's rumored rebellion against their beliefs that also took place in the couple years or so before her marriage....So even though she has the reputation of being a dim bulb (I don't myself have any feeling at all about how bright she is or isn't...), she's clearly given something about their beliefs some level of independent thought, for a while, at least. Before Joe the Trained God Botherer pulled her back from whatever brink of independent thought she was on, of course....

I mean, they're all likely to believe that they're taking away something others claim as a right, but that's actually a murder and an abomination. And that what they're really doing is simply demanding that things be set right -- in the way God planned.....

But I've known pretty young kids who've gone to right-to-life marches who know that they're definitely telling some other person that they absolutely must not do something that they want to do.......And if that's not the definition of taking away something another person thinks of as a right, I don't  know what is.....

If you're protesting it, it's not a right to you. But it's still something that somebody else wants to do and believes they should be able to do, and you're saying NO, the law must prevent you from doing that. 

And oddly enough, I’ve never seen any of them protest war or gun violence  and all the lives lost there.

or, you know, the death penalty. Shouldn’t they be working to convince prisoners to repent and be saved instead of supporting the state putting them to death?

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And oddly enough, I’ve never seen any of them protest war or gun violence  and all the lives lost there.

or, you know, the death penalty. Shouldn’t they be working to convince prisoners to repent and be saved instead of supporting the state putting them to death?

But but THOSE aren't a FETUS. Surely you know your ideas are wrong, right? I actually won an argument with one of my cousins's dim spouses about this and convinced him that supporting the death penalty isn't exactly pro-life. Score one for me.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Don't let the Texans hear that! They don't like people messing with Texas 😂

No, we do not. And nope, he can't claim us if he wasn't born here. 🤣

• LOL 6
On 3/23/2020 at 5:59 PM, DangerousMinds said:

I think racism plays a huge part. 

• Love 19
On 3/21/2020 at 5:34 PM, galaxychaser said:

Yep. Once Lolli and pops die it will get ugly quick. I agree Josh will probably get the bulk of the $.

Of course he will get the bulk of it. After all he is the chosen one. 

On 3/24/2020 at 8:39 PM, Growsonwalls said:

Hey at least her SM handle isn’t “mrsaustinforsyth.” 

The video on TLC where she was glad to finally be Mrs. Austin Forsyth was cringe-worthy.

I guess she doesn't pay attention to the media when they still refer to her as Joy Duggar. 

• Love 3
On 3/20/2020 at 1:17 PM, Zella said:

Jeremy doesn't have hustle, though. He seems quite averse to real work. I'm still floored by how little he managed to be at his church where he was "pastor." Jeremy strikes me as someone with lots of ambition but no actual drive to make it happen if it doesn't involve kissing a geriatric man's ass or posing on Instagram. 

At least he is trying to be an influencer and a kiss ass. He is trying to get income from a different source besides Jim Bob. That’s what I meant. He is hustling, he is failing but at least he is trying. The Duggar offspring just sits there like blobs procreating for Jesus listening to daddy and collecting their allowance from JB. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

you wouldn't know...no one is supposed to know.. but ask my polish relatives who had to leave.......its there..... 

Why did they have to leave?  They should notify the local TV networks to get on this, because I see absolutely no hint of it anywhere other than sources that I wouldn't believe if they said that gravity works.  But this is certainly a better topic for another forum.

It's not just the Amish; Utah is in many ways a theocracy (particularly outside of Salt Lake City) and many states still follow blue laws.

It would be interesting for the Duggars to actually live in a culture that follows strictly the rules that they have been promoting; I suspect they would find it unpleasant, even the uber-followers like Austin.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Fosca said:

It would be interesting for the Duggars to actually live in a culture that follows strictly the rules that they have been promoting; I suspect they would find it unpleasant, even the uber-followers like Austin.

A world where everybody is as Godly as the next guy and the Duggars are nothing special? Where they go out dressed in their "modest" clothing and nobody gives them a second glance? Where they can't brag that they "do things a little differently" because everybody else is doing the same things? It would take all the fun out of being "Christian".

• Useful 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

A world where everybody is as Godly as the next guy and the Duggars are nothing special? Where they go out dressed in their "modest" clothing and nobody gives them a second glance? Where they can't brag that they "do things a little differently" because everybody else is doing the same things? It would take all the fun out of being "Christian".

And they wouldn't get to try to ruin anybody else's fun either. 

• Love 13

Folks, other religions and what they may or may not do politically have ZERO relevance in this thread, or anywhere else in this forum. There is also no place here for fear mongering or intolerance. Stick to JOY and AUSTIN.

• Love 7

Joy posted pictures of all the boy cousins playing by a river. There are only 26 comments ( but I can't see them), and the post can't be copied. Maybe someone on Tumblr or Reddit got screenshots? The lack of social distancing amongst these fools is going to get someone killed. 

The interesting part is at least on local social media Ballinger Sr. has seemed to take this more seriously than I expected. He's in some of the local FB groups trying to direct people to look at info from the state health department rather rather than from random people's cousins, and he has been trying to calmly but accurately answer people's questions about things like whether county of test or county of residence is reported. 

My dislike for him is well known on this board, but I will give him credit for that. I guess his idiot son and in-laws haven't gotten the memo.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I knew someone would get it! And no surprise that it's the Ballingers. Bobby Jr. is probably in the "hoax" category.

The Ballingers have two girls. The only son is in utero. I don't think it's them. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Weren't Austin's parents the ones that are still having retreats despite all what's going on in the world or am I confusing them with other covidiot in-laws?

Yes that was them. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Are the two sitting with Giddy girls?

Based solely on their clothing, looks like a girl in the middle, and maybe a boy on the end? Austin's older half siblings also have kids, so it could be one of theirs.

• Useful 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Are the two sitting with Giddy girls?

I think maybe the one with the sunglasses on their shirt is a girl. If the kid in the vest is a girl, that's very gender neutral clothing and hair for a little girl.  I think that's a little boy and not the Ballinger kids. 
In terms of who these kids are, they could be anybody.  Austin has cousins and these could be their children. I don't think they belong to the half-siblings. Only one of his siblings has kids and her children are older. 

Editing to add: @dargosmydaddy has the correct information about Austin's half-siblings below.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Only one of his siblings has kids and her children are older. 

Assuming Fundamentalist wiki is accurate, both the half-siblings have kids, and I think Rachael's youngest (Arrow) is a boy and would be around the same age as Gideon, so could possibly be the kid in the vest. Though yeah, they could be other cousins or who knows who... nothing like a big family reunion in the midst of all this!

https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Forsyth_Family

• Useful 9
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

They really are ignorant twats. Good luck with that pregnancy.

I made it about 5 minutes. It was pretty stupid, and again, social distancing not observed.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

They really are ignorant twats. Good luck with that pregnancy.

Having just lost a beloved family member to this virus...not.fucking.funny.

😳 😡 😠 

• Love 5

ChiCricket, I am so sorry. You're right, this virus is no joking matter. Joy and Austin are tone-deaf, or maybe it's because they've been sheltered from the real world all their lives.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I made it about 5 minutes. It was pretty stupid, and again, social distancing not observed.

What is observed, however, is the infuriating fact that being on TeeVee as representatives of their know-it-all cult as kids and then as young adults in the "online celebrity" age has made the Duggs and Dugg adjacents utterly convinced that in their stupidity and ignorance they have tons of important crap to say. It's a media-exacerbated Dunning-Kruger effect. 

Gross. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 22
3 minutes ago, Bayarea4 said:

ChiCricket, I am so sorry. You're right, this virus is no joking matter. Joy and Austin are tone-deaf, or maybe it's because they've been sheltered from the real world all their lives.

It's no joking matter at all, and they are completely tone-deaf. But I do have to give then a miniscule pass just because of their ages and background. They honestly don't know any better, and since it has not touched them yet, there's that typical invulnerability which is part and parcel of so many young people of any upbringing. I do honestly hope that they are not closely touched by this virus, but, in the end, that's maybe the only thing that will make them see it clearly.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, beckie said:

I've never had kids, but if I was Joy and I'd had a miscarriage last year and found myself pregnant now with all this going on, I'd push every one out and lock myself in for the unborn baby. I hope everything goes well for them this time, but if I were them, I wouldn't push it.

I have to react to this as well...given that my daughter had a miscarriage about six moths ago, and I am still heartbroken for her, and for our family in general, I do have to wonder, if I were in her shoes, in this time, in this world, how much I would really feel as though I wanted to bring a child into the mess everything seems to be in at the moment 😥

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Bayarea4 said:

Not just tone deaf, but apparently just traveled to Missouri and interacted closely with who knows how many. Austin thinks he is some kind of expert. And what about pregnant Joy’s health?

(edited)

With all the Duggars and Duggar relateds, if one of them gets it, half or more of the clan will.  What are the odds someone ends up on a vent in ICU for a couple of weeks?

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4