Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

With all the Duggars and Duggar relateds, if one of them gets it, half or more of the clan will.  What are the odds someone ends up on a vent in ICU for a couple of weeks?

Odds are high.  I just hope the children are spared, they didn’t choose their dumb ass parents.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 21

I have no idea what their video is about, but they are swapping air with two people I assume they don't live with. Underdeveloped frontal lobe, the Dunning-Kruger effect, not having a loved one fall sick or die, or Fundiness should not be excuses for not understanding and following simple directions: stay home, if you must go out keep six feet apart, if you don't live there, don't go there. 

Like most folks, I'm really tired and stressed. My young asthmatic relative, in the medical field, is sick and has 3 more days until her covid results come back, and my 'like-a-mother' is in a nursing home that's been hit with the virus.

Covid is not going to be under any kind of control for months. Just stay the fuck home folks, stay the fuck home. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

In my experience, this seems to be common among fundies, although none of the fundies I know personally are behaving this badly.

Probably because the Fundies you know don't have a TV show to give them an inflated sense of their own importance, a legion of leghumpers showering them with praise for every stupid thing they do and enough money to enable them to goof off all day.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

I'm so angry with these dumbs**ts. Yeah they're young and apparently stupid, but they're not that sheltered. Joy had a still birth at five months and the month before her grandmother died.  It's not like she's never experienced loss. Does she not get that kids all across America are losing their grandparents and possibly their parents? How stupid do you have to be?

This crisis is burning out my empathy, especially for stupid, selfish who don't care about anyone other than themselves! In my experience, this seems to be common among fundies, although none of the fundies I know personally are behaving this badly. They need to stay home, stop posting and STFU!

Just remember when Grandma Duggar died it was God's Will and all that! The emotionally stunted responses were quite a sight to behold. 

Normally I don't advocate putting pregnant people in bubble wrap because they still have autonomy but no one truly knows the effects of this virus on fetal development yet. If babies are the end game, why be deliberately reckless all the time?

These people are the definition of "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results".

• Love 14

I am so sick if young people being so sure they won't get sick. My coworker and her husband, both very fit people in their late 20s, were horribly ill with Coronavirus for a two-week period. They're one of many reasons I'm being so cautious. I don't ever want to go through what my friend described to me.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13

given they are in the group of covidiots who do absolutely nothing to protect themselves or their children, they might very well all get it and some of them just might die.

from his Instagram - @Hawaiiansurfingboy   duggar friend elijah went to Tennessee with Mediccorps, ran the 5k with duggar boys march 7, went to Louisiana to visit friends after that and now back at the TTH.

they truly are stupid

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

At one point Austin said (paraphrasing) “We’re all going to get it anyway so get used to it.” SMDH.

YOUR.WIFE.IS.PREGNANT. 

Pro life and all that.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

given they are in the group of covidiots who do absolutely nothing to protect themselves or their children, they might very well all get it and some of them just might die.

from his Instagram - @Hawaiiansurfingboy   duggar friend elijah went to Tennessee with Mediccorps, ran the 5k with duggar boys march 7, went to Louisiana to visit friends after that and now back at the TTH.

they truly are stupid

If he came to Louisiana in March, he’s a bigger schmuck than I thought.  Between May 9th and  today, we've gone from the first case to 12,496 cases. Some of that huge increase is backlog, but that’s still high. We’ve also had 409 deaths including my mom’s co-worker.  

You’re not invincible jackass, your wife is pregnant, your son is a baby, and you’re probably still working around construction crews.  What a covidiot!

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

At one point Austin said (paraphrasing) “We’re all going to get it anyway so get used to it.” SMDH.

Wow. So much is wrong with that statement. Even if he's dumb enough to think the only folks who die from this are older and/or have preexisting conditions, does he really want his pregnant wife or 2 year old son to become terribly ill for two weeks?

Why does everyone think they'll be the one with mild symptoms?

And eventually Austin, there will be a vaccine. So not everyone will get it, just like polio, mump, measles, etc. 

The country needs to clear out a few states and make all the covidiots move into them for two, three months. If 80% of the country think like Austin we can build up herd immunity in a controlled environment and get this over with while the rest of us can remain safe.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The country needs to clear out a few states and make all the covidiots move into them for two, three months. If 80% of the country think like Austin we can build up herd immunity in a controlled environment and get this over with while the rest of us can remain safe.

Put 'em all on a party cruise together. . . .

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Nah he will just ship them off to Jana to nurse them back to health. Jill was the nurse but she's been banished so Jana will have to do. 

I was going to do the math on the odds of a Duggar contracting the virus and becoming seriously ill from it. But nah. It would be a nightmare to calculate. We know they are still doing family night with random people hanging out. Joy and Austin were traveling around recently. Kendra's family probably prays before and after they may have contact with the virus. Then they consider that their form of hand washing. Lauren's family probably isn't too far behind with visiting.

Ben, Abbie, and Anna could all be seeing their families on the down low and not publicizing it on social media. That is a helluva lot of people to be in contact with even if you remove those three families from the equation. Once you add them in, not pretty. 

Even if not for themselves, they could very well be compromising the health of their parents here. If Meech is in tip top shape after all those pregnancies I would be very surprised. 

• Love 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Even if not for themselves, they could very well be compromising the health of their parents here. If Meech is in tip top shape after all those pregnancies I would be very surprised. 

At the risk of being inconsiderate, I don’t give a flying fuck about Michelle, the other incubators, and their sperm donors. I wish they would think about their kids’ health.  We arrived in Maui for Grandpa’s memorial on 3/14, didn’t leave the house until 3/18 for the memorial (only 7 attendants including us) and while it miffed some, social distance was strict.  

SBaba is the strongest and has done the grocery runs. Today was the first time we all left the house (we are still at Grandpa’s house) because SGirl and I were going bonkers. We wore masks, only taking them off for a walk on the beach. We were allowed to walk or swim, but no standing or sitting. They have cops on quads patrolling. There were about a dozen people, couples, or singles, only us walking.  We were teary eyed when SGirl went into the water with such joy. It sucks donkey balls but that is our reality, including the face masks. 

It didn’t last long, but long enough to make us feel human again. We both know SGirl (12) is having a difficult time. Likewise we like her healthy and alive. We are not great (not even good) parents, some would not have gone out at all. SBaba checked out the beach before we allowed our daughter to leave the car. Parenting is not only about the fun times, it’s more about the difficult choices.  

The Dugbots and company have never had to make a tough decision. Heck, not even a decision. The answer to everything is Jesus. We don’t have that luxury. Sorry about the long post, but it’s been emotionally difficult. You guys have been instrumental in keeping me sane. Thank you.

PS. The jury is still out on the sane part. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 24
(edited)
38 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Nah he will just ship them off to Jana to nurse them back to health. Jill was the nurse but she's been banished so Jana will have to do. 

I was going to do the math on the odds of a Duggar contracting the virus and becoming seriously ill from it. But nah. It would be a nightmare to calculate. We know they are still doing family night with random people hanging out. Joy and Austin were traveling around recently. Kendra's family probably prays before and after they may have contact with the virus. Then they consider that their form of hand washing. Lauren's family probably isn't too far behind with visiting.

Ben, Abbie, and Anna could all be seeing their families on the down low and not publicizing it on social media. That is a helluva lot of people to be in contact with even if you remove those three families from the equation. Once you add them in, not pretty. 

I would be surprised if Anna or Abbie is seeing their family considering they're several states (or a continent) away. As far as I know Abbie's family are all in Oklahoma. Anna's family is in Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Zambia, and maybe some place I forgot. 

I hope the Seewalds are smarter than that. Especially since Jessica and her husband are essential personnel (cops).

I'm sure Lauren is hanging with Swansons. We know from photos that she was at the same family night as Anna. It wouldn't surprise me if Kendra was hanging with the Caldwells and we know about Joy and Austin. 

The parents are more likely to be seriously sick than the kids. I agree that all those pregnancies likely took a toll on Michelle. I worry about Josie, since she seems so fragile.  I don't want anyone to die and I hope the kids don't get too sick. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

I would be surprised if Anna or Abbie is seeing their family considering they're several states (or a continent) away. As far as I know Abbie's family are all in Oklahoma. Anna's family is in Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Zambia, and maybe some place I forgot. 

I hope the Seewalds are smarter than that. Especially since Jessica and her husband are essential personnel (cops).

I'm sure Lauren is hanging with Swansons. We know from photos that she was at the same family night as Anna. It wouldn't surprise me if Kendra was hanging with the Caldwells and we know about Joy and Austin. 

The parents are more likely to be seriously sick than the kids. I agree that all those pregnancies likely took a toll on Michelle. I worry about Josie, since she seems so fragile.  I don't want anyone to die and I hope the kids don't get too sick. 

I don't care to follow when the Duggars use their planes but JD (because he's a pilot!) could be flying people out.

As much as I despise these people, we don't need any of them adding to the body count of this disease. Especially with the selective editing of TLC. No one will be honest and say "We didn't follow physical distancing and this is what happened." They will say "We were doing our best and we don't know what happened!". That's very dangerous. No amount of pointing to evidence to the contrary will dissuade the leghumpers.

Them also acting this way encourages the leghumpers this is all overblown and "it's just a flu bro". Even more dangerous when we don't have proven effective treatment (yet) or a vaccine. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I just saw a short interview on CNN with a woman driving away from a big church service in Ohio.

When the reporter asked whether she wasn't a bit worried about catching the virus and/or passing it on to someone quite vulnerable, she just kept saying "I'm covered in Jesus's blood." She really seemed to mean that that will protect her both from getting the virus and from endangering anybody else.

Now plenty of people are out mingling with others even though they aren't basing their dicey actions on that belief. Just being thoughtless and/or stupid and/or selfish. 

But I wonder how many in this group actually do share that woman's belief. I wouldn't be surprised if some do. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I just saw a short interview on CNN with a woman driving away from a big church service in Ohio.

When the reporter asked whether she wasn't a bit worried about catching the virus and/or passing it on to someone quite vulnerable, she just kept saying "I'm covered in Jesus's blood." She really seemed to mean that that will protect her both from getting the virus and from endangering anybody else.

Now plenty of people are out mingling with others even though they aren't basing their dicey actions on that belief. Just being thoughtless and/or stupid and/or selfish. 

But I wonder how many in this group actually do share that woman's belief. I wouldn't be surprised if some do. 

I saw a FB post that went something like.. Trust in Jesus to protect you. ( response) I do but I also use oven mitts and were a seatbelt. Then there was I Bible verse , which I forgot., about the wisdom of the Lord. 

• Love 9

Reminds me of the old joke about 2 boats and a helicopter:

A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.

"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."

"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."

Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.

"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."

Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."

After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.

"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."

Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.

And, predictably, he drowns.

A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"

God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

I worry about Josie, since she seems so fragile.  I don't want anyone to die and I hope the kids don't get too sick. 

I'm just curious.  I know Josie was a preemie, and had issues the first few years, but does she have any health conditions now?  

• Useful 1

I watched the video. Tbh what they said doesn't sound so different from what I've heard young people all over the country say. Which is to say it sounds really dumb but also typical of 22 year olds who probably at most get the cold once a year.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bewitched said:

As a minister's wife and an ICU nurse, I want to smack her.  But mostly want to smack the ministers who keep encouraging gatherings.  I am exhausted and not very nice right now.  Stay home people!

You are a hero. Thank you!

• Love 20
40 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I'm just curious.  I know Josie was a preemie, and had issues the first few years, but does she have any health conditions now?  

There is research and evidence to show that the consequences of being born premature can be long term. There can be health effects lasting into adulthood. The risks seem to increase the more premature a baby is. Josie was born around 25 weeks. 

For a long time, the Duggars downplayed any longterm effects of her being born a preemie. Then in 2015, TLC aired an episode in which Josie had seizure. JB and Michelle were away. They said this had happened before. Jana and the boys were handling it along with Grandma Mary and even to some extent the TLC crew. There have been no updates about this condition which causes seizures, but Josie would have been around 4/5 when this happened. 

It is not clear that Josie has any serious issues. Fortunately she's ten and seems healthy. However if she were my child, I would be more concerned given the unusual circumstances surrounding her birth and the fact that prematurity can cause issues into adulthood. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I watched the video. Tbh what they said doesn't sound so different from what I've heard young people all over the country say. Which is to say it sounds really dumb but also typical of 22 year olds who probably at most get the cold once a year.

Yes, but most aren’t pregnant with a very young child at home.

• Love 13

Yesterday, a one day old premature baby died from complications due to COVID-19 here in Baton Rouge. The mother tested positive and delivered at 22 weeks. It’s not known if the death was due to transmitting the virus (no evidence it crosses placenta, I think), or because she was early. In either case my heart goes out to the family.

This is why Joy and Austin need to sit their silly asses still!

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yesterday, a one day old premature baby died from complications due to COVID-19 here in Baton Rouge. The mother tested positive and delivered at 22 weeks. It’s not known if the death was due to transmitting the virus (no evidence it crosses placenta, I think), or because she was early. In either case my heart goes out to the family.

While young man aren’t dying at the rate of the elderly, some ARE dying and they don’t know exactly why. Just don’t chance it! Especially when you’re pregnant and already have a toddler at home.

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

So sad.  22 weeks is really early and the chances of survival probably weren't great to begin with and then add in the COVID-19.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I heard about that. I used to live in New Orleans and still receive nola.com. I heard the preemie tested negative for COVID-19.

I mean, some of the stuff that they joke about re: the virus are the types of things I probably would have said at their age, but that would have been just talk and I would have been taking precautions behind the scenes, especially if I were pregnant and had a toddler.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I heard about that. I used to live in New Orleans and still receive nola.com. I heard the preemie tested negative for COVID-19.

I mean, some of the stuff that they joke about re: the virus are the types of things I probably would have said at their age, but that would have been just talk and I would have been taking precautions behind the scenes, especially if I were pregnant and had a toddler.

It's called growing up. Other than Austin's house flipping, it seems like these two are still playing house.

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Many babies born at 22 weeks aren't even resuscitated because they are too early and often too small to be intubated with even the tiniest instruments.  Of those who are resuscitated, only about a third survive and the rate of cerebral palsy, deafness, blindness and other sequelae is high.

That being said, it appears that having COVID 19 can trigger preterm labor in the mother, so it's quite possible that, if the mom didn't have COVID, labor wouldn't have started and the baby wouldn't have been so premature.

My sister had HELLP syndrome with her only pregnancy leading to her having her twin girls at 23 weeks 4 days.  A was 15 oz. and E was 10 oz.  E passed 5 days later.  A was in the hospital for 9 months and had a trach and on a vent. until she was 3.

She will be 8 next week.  She's autistic and still has a g tube.  She is a complete joy.

• Love 24

I don't imagine Joy and Austin could deal with a trached and ventilated infant/child. Do they even have insurance? Granted a long term preemie would get MA but after? That would be a tragedy in the making that Jesus couldn't heal. 

• Love 5
On 4/6/2020 at 6:33 PM, Sew Sumi said:

It's called growing up. Other than Austin's house flipping, it seems like these two are still playing house.

Joy better hope for a bunch of girls to follow if they are "leaving it up to God". Hannie, Jenni, and Jordyn are going to be married off in the not too distant future to start quivers of their own so they won't be shipped off in time to be Aunt-Moms when Joy inevitably has her laundry room breakdown.

Josie would never be allowed to do hard work like that. Or be married off like a brood mare either!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Did Austin say bedroom suit, rather than suite, when speaking of his childhood dresser and nightstands?

And ya @ChiCricket, no sink in the guest bathroom. I guess it really doesn't matter, Giddy didn't use soap when he washed his hands.

And the extra shoes in the living room? They live on one floor. I get the everyday shoes being in the main living area, but not the other ones.

• Love 5

I like the living and dining area, but that collection of shoes behind the couch would drive me crazy. If they're not something you wear on the regular, stash them in the closet. 

23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Austin say bedroom suit, 

I wonder if that's a regionalism? Back in college, I dated a guy from the South and that's what he called bedroom furniture as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if that's a regionalism? Back in college, I dated a guy from the South and that's what he called bedroom furniture as well. 

Yeah, it's a regionalism. Used some places in the midwest, as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

House tour:

Why in the world wouldn’t they have put that nice fireplace in the living area?  Why in the world wouldn’t they have put a sink in the guest bathroom?  Why in the world would you put all of your shoes in the living room?  I’m so confused. 🤔

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Why in the world wouldn’t they have put that nice fireplace in the living area?  Why in the world wouldn’t they have put a sink in the guest bathroom?  Why in the world would you put all of your shoes in the living room?  I’m so confused. 🤔

Actually, I think they're the ones who are confused. 😁

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

So many nice hard, sharp wooden corners for that bouncy little boy to impale himself on.   But hey, as long as they have enough space for multiple shoe shelves sprinkled throughout the house, what's a little safety matter regarding a kid's bed posts and a living room coffee table?  Idiots. 

• Love 4