Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTTus6oLlfHFxXwDilSLn

This is Aaron Tveit. I know him best from Next to Normal, but he really looks like Austin in this picture...

No, no, no!  My Broadway boyfriend looks NOTHING like Austin!  (Aaron also starred in Graceland, played Danny Zuko in Grease Live!, and played Enjolras in the movie Les Miserables, in addition to his many Broadway credits, which include the recent Moulin Rouge before Corona closed NYC down.)

Okay, I know rationally that he "sorta" looks like Austin, but I choose not to see it! This is not a great picture of Aaron, BTW!)

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

Aaron’s smile actually reaches his eyes, though! No similarity to Austin just on that!

I think Austin's smiles look more genuine in recent months than they used to. I used to joke that he looked like a serial killer because of the dead eyes when he smiled--and I feel like he looks less like that now. Just in general, his demeanor seems a little less uptight than it used to be, though I get the impression he's still probably pretty uptight. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I think Austin's smiles look more genuine in recent months than they used to. I used to joke that he looked like a serial killer because of the dead eyes when he smiled--and I feel like he looks less like that now. Just in general, his demeanor seems a little less uptight than it used to be, though I get the impression he's still probably pretty uptight. 

Yeah, yeah I do have to give him some credit. I think the Forsyths have been through a lot. (Aaron is still way waay hotter though 🥰😍)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

I can't tell how much is that Joy is just naturally pretty and doesn't pack on the makeup like some of her sisters or how much is that she has such a genuine quality that comes across in photos. She is so much more appealing than most of her siblings. If only she would ditch the abhorrent beliefs.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I can't tell how much is that Joy is just naturally pretty and doesn't pack on the makeup like some of her sisters or how much is that she has such a genuine quality that comes across in photos. She is so much more appealing than most of her siblings. If only she would ditch the abhorrent beliefs.

I think some of it is Joy has less of a obviously calculated persona than, say, Jinger (okay, maybe Jinger by Jeremy) and Jessa and she is less overtly of a trainwreck than Jill, at least according to what she posts on social media. 

• Love 10

I think Joy has a natural beauty. I think all the girls are pretty, but if you lined up the oldest 5 Duggar girls without any makeup on it would go, IMO, Joy, Jana, Jessa and a tie between Jinger and Jill.  With the makeup they wear these days, it would be Jinger, Jana, Joy, ending with a tie between Jill and Jessa.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Joy has a natural beauty. I think all the girls are pretty, but if you lined up the oldest 5 Duggar girls without any makeup on it would go, IMO, Joy, Jana, Jessa and a tie between Jinger and Jill.  With the makeup they wear these days, it would be Jinger, Jana, Joy, ending with a tie between Jill and Jessa.

And Jana?

9 hours ago, louannems said:

Why did Joy have to ruin her dress with that hideous chambray vest!?  She is sleeveless, which is a step up from the modesty undershirts!

...and she could have put her phone down too.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, louannems said:

Why did Joy have to ruin her dress with that hideous chambray vest!?  She is sleeveless, which is a step up from the modesty undershirts!

The Maxwell girls are notorious for using a vest as the second "modesty layer".  (FJ decided to name a million threads after their vests for some reason.)  

Also it could she's self-conscious about how big she is. Joy worked hard to lose weight between pregnancies, but she's has a fuller figure naturally and she tends to be huge while pregnant.  She is in due mid-August so she has 3 1/2 months to go.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

She is in due mid-August so she has 3 1/2 months to go.

I can't imagine it's fun to be 'big pregnant' during the summer in Arkansas.

• Love 6
(edited)
31 minutes ago, zoomama said:

i was just left speechless. who waits to take photo when that is going on?!  oh my goodness, the smell!

speechless as well - what adult's first react to this scene is to grab a phone and take a pic rather than yell "STOP!!" 

why was he standing on the stool with a carton of milk to begin with?? no cup to be filled or bowl of cereal or anything.

the milk in the cracks of the wood floor will not be so fun in a few days when it starts to smell.

"one of those mornings i was not watching my kid"  should be the caption

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Do you think he climbed on the stool by himself or was he placed up there? If it’s the latter, how in the world did he get to that point without her intervening (aka she wasn’t even close by)

I’m thinking he was put there. That stool looks a little too high for a 2 year old to be able to successfully climb

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Do you think he climbed on the stool by himself or was he placed up there? If it’s the latter, how in the world did he get to that point without her intervening (aka she wasn’t even close by)

also that's an awful lot of milk being poured, so he got up on the stool, unscrewed the cap, lifted a 1/4 gallon or so of milk and dumped it all before Joy noticed?  then she took a pic? now that is sad.

I have 4 grandkids that climb like monkeys , any one of them would have been able to get up on that stool by giddy's age.

Sam's balancing acts have at least not been destructive/messy

eta - though my grands could climb the stool, they would have been removed immediately. never, ever would there have been a pic of them standing on one and dumping milk

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 11

When I first saw the photo, i thought for sure it had to be staged....  now I really wonder.  Can anyone explain the thought process of taking a picture of this instead of rushing over to both get him off the stool and grabbing the nearest roll of paper towels?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

When I first saw the photo, i thought for sure it had to be staged....  now I really wonder.  Can anyone explain the thought process of taking a picture of this instead of rushing over to both get him off the stool and grabbing the nearest roll of paper towels?

Her fangirls are all explaining it away on Instagram. Don't contradict them, haters!!!

• LOL 4
1 minute ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Her fangirls are all explaining it away on Instagram. Don't contradict them, haters!!!

I don't feel like reading the comments. What are the humpers saying that can justify that picture?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't feel like reading the comments. What are the humpers saying that can justify that picture?

here's one comment

jrickey2

Oops!! Mom life of toddler on full display!!!! And those rude comments about standing on a stool, or a few bumps and bruises.... I don’t believe you have ever even been a parent. My mom always taught me if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all, but defend if you need to. So in defense to Joy’s picture of her son being naughty and mischievous, don’t mom shame her!! I bet Gideon was sighing the entire time like he just did something great!!

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

All parents take pictures like that. Sometimes you just have to laugh. Boys will be boys. The milk has already been spilled, might as well get a pic. Anyone saying anything must not have kids.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

All parents take pictures like that. Sometimes you just have to laugh. Boys will be boys. The milk has already been spilled, must as well get a pic. 

milk can be replaced, boys are climbers etc

are some other comments

Edited by crazy8s
(edited)

It's all fun until he slips off the stool and fractures his skull. Hey no problem probably not much brain in there if he takes after his mother or grandmother.

Or his grandfather...or uncle.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

An adult who was raised primarily by Jill, who has posted similarly suspect pictures of her boys in similar situations...

Both of whom who have a mother who took pictures of one of her kids that fell into an orchestra pit. 

• Love 10

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

also that's an awful lot of milk being poured, so he got up on the stool, unscrewed the cap, lifted a 1/4 gallon or so of milk and dumped it all before Joy noticed?  then she took a pic? now that is sad.

I thought the same thing, that is a lot of milk! Was it already unscrewed and he just decided to dump it or did he figure out how to unscrew it? Never did I leave a gallon of milk near the kids I watched when they were Gideon's age. I never left anything in their reach that shouldn't be. They never stood on any furniture or stools either. I understand kids climb, but that is so dangerous One slip and he has serious injuries. I don't get it...Watch your kid!

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I thought the same thing, that is a lot of milk! Was it already unscrewed and he just decided to dump it or did he figure out how to unscrew it? Never did I leave a gallon of milk near the kids I watched when they were Gideon's age. I never left anything in their reach that shouldn't be. They never stood on any furniture or stools either. I understand kids climb, but that is so dangerous One slip and he has serious injuries. I don't get it...Watch your kid!

Or at least do not take a picture of the child in a dangerous place. Don't be like your mother. They celebrate stupidity, honestly. I worked with critically ill children for years and parents of desperately injured children were always the first to say "I should have done this, or should have prevented it" yea you sometimes could have but you didn't. Accidents can happen but this would have been pretty much an on purpose. Makes me insane.

• Love 17