Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

she got a positive just before Austin’s birthday.  She made an ornament to tell him.  She put the ornament and pee stick in a box.  He closed his eyes and opened the pee stick. 

She wrapped up her pee stick and gave it to him for his birthday!!! Just when you think the Duggars can't get any crazier, they manage to top themselves. They really are the gift that keeps on giving.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

Now they just need to come up with 2 girl names that have "god" in their meaning.  Or make up some.  

Ok, how about Amelia Patrice.  

Maybe "Amelia" means "god prefers fish to chicken" and "Patrice" means "god was actually left handed".  

I'm sure they'll be letting everybody know shortly.  

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Well we knew this was coming. I knew she wasn't actually "going to slow down" after the stillbirth. I know someone who had two stillbirths and she was told to wait at least a year. Joy and Austin couldn't wait six months. Then again they were supposed to wait two years after a c-section and they only waited a year. Gideon would have been a big brother before he was two. Now he'll be two and half. 

After Gideon's birth, Joy gave an interview with Kendra and Jinger, who were both pregnant. When asked if she wanted more kids, she said "we both love children so we'll see." Now she and Austin just said they're leaving it up to God. They retreating deeper into fundamentalism after they're loss. At least Jill and Derick seem to have changed after Sam's birth and aren't pursuing the baby train at all costs any more. Joy is going to be the new Michelle. Austin is going to keep getting her pregnant no matter what.

I'm surprised Joy is getting better care. For one thing, I would assume a pregnancy after a stillbirth is high risk, but I'm not a doctor so that may not be true. Also there seems there were complications with this pregnancy:

2 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

She started spotting at around 8 weeks and the doctor had concerns it would be a molar pregnancy because her numbers were wonky. They had genetic testing done at 10 weeks and everything appearened fine. 

Joy turned 22 in October and she'll have 2 kids in August. I do hope this pregancy goes well and the baby is healthy. 

And another girl for this cult. God help the girls. 

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Maybe "Amelia" means "god prefers fish to chicken" and "Patrice" means "god was actually left handed".  

Gorgonzola Swiss.  It means “God will have the holiest of cheeses”.

We joke, but major props to Joy for actually going to someone with MD after their name.  They may not have totally fine orders but honestly it’s more than anyone else in the family has done short of Jingle or Michelle.  Also a major kick to Jill’s balls. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

I hope after an emergency C section and a stillbirth Joy will get the best possible prenatal care. I think they take to parenting way more naturally than some of the other Duggars and black labs are good with kids. So I'm happy for them.

• Love 9
On 11/16/2019 at 10:50 PM, Bayarea4 said:

I have the feeling that Joy is pregnant again but they're waiting to announce, and that's why they're buying a house. Her face looks a bit full.

I was the first to call it. Yay, me! 😊

Edited by Bayarea4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

She wrapped up her pee stick and gave it to him for his birthday!!! Just when you think the Duggars can't get any crazier, they manage to top themselves. They really are the gift that keeps on giving.

Well lots of woman actually do things like that. I don't find it so weird

• Love 2

So many questions. Did Joy do pregnancy tests every month in the prior months? Or did they start trying the month Joy got pregnant and that's why she did three tests?

And if they did prevent pregnancy, how did they do it? I'm sure Austin doesn't want to go to hell for "spilling his seed".

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

And genetic testing, that really is a level up for Duggars. 

I wonder if that means Annabelle had a genetic disorder and they were looking for the same thing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I hope after an emergency C section and a stillbirth Joy will get the best possible prenatal care. I think they take to parenting way more naturally than some of the other Duggars and black labs are good with kids. So I'm happy for them.

I agree Joy is probably high-risk and deserves good prenatal care. I always hope that women get the best prenatal/obstentric care possible and have good services that support their health. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if that means Annabelle had a genetic disorder and they were looking for the same thing.

According to their video, their doctor recommended it based on spotting during this pregnancy and not because of Annabell. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Either I'm deaf, or she was whispering. I had my volume turned all the way up and could barely hear what she was saying. 

Either way, congratulations to them. I hope this pregnancy goes well. 

• Love 4

I came to share. I’m not surprised at all. I fully expect Joy to hit Michelle’s numbers (or close to it), given her age and how quickly she’s conceiving. 

I wonder if Duggar Data knows. (I messaged them)

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I came to share. I’m not surprised at all. I fully expect Joy to hit Michelle’s numbers (or close to it), given her age and how quickly she’s conceiving. 

Duggar Data predicts 17 after this announcement. None of the Duggars are predicted to hit 19 unless someone has twins.

Josie and Carlin are predicted to surpass 19 kids but I'm not sure Carlin could maintain 20-21 IG accounts for each kid. 

• LOL 20
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I sort of fear they'll approach those numbers, too. At the same time, though, Austin strikes me as having at least a tiny bit of common sense -- at least enough to have some anxieties about life's realities.... 

Does he really think he can feed and house that many children? His family of origin is small, and yet I don't get the sense they were living in luxury......And JB and M had a tv show, which he has to know he is not going to have....

I suppose "the Lord will provide" plays a role. But I still wonder whether, ultimately, they're going to be this dumb. Ditto for Joe and Kendra......And I'm hoping they won't be. That at some point they'll have the sense to stop the train. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I sort of fear they'll approach those numbers, too. At the same time, though, Austin strikes me as having at least a tiny bit of common sense -- at least enough to have some anxieties about life's realities.... 

Does he really think he can feed and house that many children? His family of origin is small, and yet I don't get the sense they were living in luxury......And JB and M had a tv show, which he has to know he is not going to have....

I suppose "the Lord will provide" plays a role. But I still wonder whether, ultimately, they're going to be this dumb. Ditto for Joe and Kendra......And I'm hoping they won't be. That at some point they'll have the sense to stop the train. 

I get no such vibes from Austin. I think he's fundie to the core.  Same thing with Joe and Kendra. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5

Aaaaa. They're all still awfully young. And very very inexperienced.

None of them has faced any major economic consequences yet. They probably couldn't even envision at this point what the economic consequences would be like in their situations.............

And Austin rebelled once. Yeah, he's done the rebound thing -- come back stronger than ever. But once he did have some different thoughts and feelings in him. They're unlikely to have died altogether.

People can change their minds about things. Life circumstances that they never fully anticipated can enlighten them. 

And while JB keeps supporting with cash Anna's desire to have all those kids (I won't say Josh's desire because we know he thought three kids was enough, long ago....), nobody is going to be able or willing to give much to support to either of these two couples. So economic consequences will start to be fierce after a while.....And that'll be a dose of reality that they may not be willing to soldier through to keep producing hordes, in the end.....For one thing, I don't see either couple able or wiling to do it by grifting, in the style of Jill R or JB. And there aren't any other realistic options for them, financially. 

Yeah, they're fundie. They're Gothard. But they're not first generation of those things. They aren't converts -- who usually tend to be the truest believers for the long haul.... They inherited it all. It wasn't a choice with any of them, although they currently imagine that it was. .... I think things could look very different to them when reality actually bites. Their baby making fervor hasn't been tested against anything like that yet. 

I'll be very surprised if one of the two couples, at least, doesn't stop the baby train eventually. Right now they're on automatic pilot, seems to me. Circumstances may wake them out of that trance. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Aaaaa. They're all still awfully young. And very very inexperienced.

None of them has faced any major economic consequences yet. They probably couldn't even envision at this point what the economic consequences would be like in their situations.............

And Austin rebelled once. Yeah, he's done the rebound thing -- come back stronger than ever. But once he did have some different thoughts and feelings in him. They're unlikely to have died altogether.

People can change their minds about things. Life circumstances that they never fully anticipated can enlighten them. 

And while JB keeps supporting with cash Anna's desire to have all those kids (I won't say Josh's desire because we know he thought three kids was enough, long ago....), nobody is going to be able or willing to give much to support to either of these two couples. So economic consequences will start to be fierce after a while.....And that'll be a dose of reality that they may not be willing to soldier through to keep producing hordes, in the end.....For one thing, I don't see either couple able or wiling to do it by grifting, in the style of Jill R or JB. And there aren't any other realistic options for them, financially. 

Yeah, they're fundie. They're Gothard. But they're not first generation of those things. They aren't converts -- who usually tend to be the truest believers for the long haul.... They inherited it all. It wasn't a choice with any of them, although they currently imagine that it was. .... I think things could look very different to them when reality actually bites. Their baby making fervor hasn't been tested against anything like that yet. 

I'll be very surprised if one of the two couples, at least, doesn't stop the baby train eventually. Right now they're on automatic pilot, seems to me. Circumstances may wake them out of that trance. 

I disagree that they haven't experienced reality. Joy had a c-section and not a homebirth she was planning on with Gideon. Joy had a stillbirth last time around. Those are both very real situations

Austin's thoughts and feelings seem to run to I want to try drinking and smoking and it didn't seem particularly philosophically motivated. 

I never said none of the kids will change their minds. Jill and Derick seem to, but Derick grew up in two kid family. He has hinted his parents deliberately had two kids. In fact Derick was a convert to quiverfull, who seems to have given that up. I've known many converts where it didn't last. 

I think some of these kids will change their minds, but it's unlikely to me that it will be Joy/Austin or Joe/Kendra. It's more likely to be some of the other ones. 

1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

If they don't stop the baby train, Joy's body might stop the baby train. She already had an emergency C-section and a stillbirth. Difficult pregnancies and births are very hard to sustain over and over again.

I can see that, but I also know from fundies I know in real life that sometimes difficulties just make people more stubbornly cling to their beliefs. Unfortunately, for some people it would take very dire circumstances to stop reproducing.

• Love 5

I'm thinking it may be hard for a Gothard raised child to lose the Quiverfull mentality. Lets not forget the fear of God and the devil.

With the exception of a pre-existing disorder like a couple of the Bates girls have, or something like hyperemesis gravidarum (Duchess Kate), I think for the most part each pregnancy is unique. And I know a handful of non-Fundy women who follow their desire for kids over medical advice.

Personally, I think 4 pregnancies and 4 children reach the outer limits and anything above 6 goes into an entirely different area. But these kids were raised to sacrifice themselves and their lives for God and the afterlife. When throwing in the joyfully available rule and young sex drives, its a recipe for a large family.

Austin appears to be a hard working young man with enough sense of self to stay relatively independent from the Duggars, but he hasn't done anything I've seen to indicate he's willing to go against his beliefs.

• Love 7

I think the pee stick was separate from the ornament. I know that non fundies save the pee stick and use it in “creative” ways to tell the spouse and/or families. I still despite the Duggar beliefs 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Namaste said:

Who took all the announcement pics?  Must be someone even shorter than Joy because she’s looking down at the camera in all the pics. 

Maybe Jordyn? I think she is part of the Jill/Joy buddy group.

• Love 1

I'm happy for them even though I wish they would have waited.

Gideon was so cute in the video at the TTH when Joy made the announcement.  He was so excited & clapped along like he knew what was going on. 

I think we did see a side of Jill we usually don't see in the bathroom video. I really like how she wanted to call Carlin right away for advice but decided to tell Abbie when she couldn't reach Carlin. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 7

That little boy looks so much like Martin Prince, it makes me cackle every time I see a photo of him.

image.png.ab1af4c3724362aae4aadcdf265e483c.png

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way mocking nor disparaging the looks of this obviously very happy child. Martin is my hero.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Jordyn? I think she is part of the Jill/Joy buddy group.

Jenni was in the Jill/ Joy group; I think poor Jordyn was in Jessa's. At this point, though, I'm sure the Lost Girls will latch on to whichever sister wants to pay them a little attention (or ask them to be her photographer).

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Insert Username said:

I actually can't hate on Joy for this - she handled her loss with grace and dignity, especially in the face of all those nieces and her best friend having a baby girl around when Annabell was due.

The fact that she spoke so candidly about her period and her fears, plus Austin's reaction, actually warmed my black heart.  I also like that she turned first to Abby AND is seeing a proper doctor. Of all the Duggar husbands, I actually like Austin the best because I think he knows the value of a hard day's work, seems to hate being on camera, genuinely seems to love his wife and son,  and I think he has little use for the lazy Duggar men (although I wish he would go get some actual plumbing/electrical certifications). 

It still astounds me that JimBob did not send all of his kids to trade schools and start a contruction company

Trade school costs $$$ and Jim Bob is too cheap. Free Duggar Academy it is.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking it may be hard for a Gothard raised child to lose the Quiverfull mentality. Lets not forget the fear of God and the devil.

With the exception of a pre-existing disorder like a couple of the Bates girls have, or something like hyperemesis gravidarum (Duchess Kate), I think for the most part each pregnancy is unique. And I know a handful of non-Fundy women who follow their desire for kids over medical advice.

Personally, I think 4 pregnancies and 4 children reach the outer limits and anything above 6 goes into an entirely different area. But these kids were raised to sacrifice themselves and their lives for God and the afterlife. When throwing in the joyfully available rule and young sex drives, its a recipe for a large family.

Austin appears to be a hard working young man with enough sense of self to stay relatively independent from the Duggars, but he hasn't done anything I've seen to indicate he's willing to go against his beliefs.

We have no indication, yet. Yet being the keyword here.

It's great now but something tells me that these two don't have the hustle that people like JRod and Shrader have in order to keep their mega families going. Eventually they may have to make a choice. I suspect Austin has never really experienced poverty. Joy missed out on the hardships her elder siblings endured. If Austin is really set to inherit the Family Camp they may be okay, although stuff like that brings out the worst in siblings and he may not end up with it at all. 

We will see what life has in store for them. 

That being said, is there anyone who has JRod levels of hustle in this family????

• Love 6