Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Meagan Forsyth Ballinger is currently pregnant with #3 due in July. Her first kid turns 3 next month. Her 2nd daughter will be 2 in September. 

Austin's parents got married in their 30s. It's hard to say why they only have 2 kids. It could be biological. It also could be they went fundier as they got older. Jill Rod's parents weren't quiverfull, but taught their daughters to be quiverfull. 

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Joy is likely pregnant seeing that Austin is the most Fundy of the sons-in-law. I believe they'll churn out babies at a regular pace, as will Joe and Kendra, Josiah and Lauren, and Josh and Anna. Not sure about JD and Abbie.

I agree with you about Austin.  I think he's very fundie and I doubt they'll stop having kids no matter the consequences. 

It's too soon to say whether they've stopped/slowed the baby train. If they go another six months without an announcement, I'll take it back. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Or maybe it just isn't happening.  Just because she got pregnant easily the first two times doesn't mean it will continue that way.  If you are truly leaving it to God then you aren't preventing but you aren't actively trying to conceive either...

And yes, I know the Duggars would not understand this logic.  But maybe Austin does.

This is so true. Some of my family take this approach, and the most kids anyone has is six, and that was in 18 years of marriage. We are a fertile bunch, but not trying to conceive, just not preventing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So far, IMO, I don't think the Duggar daughters are built very well to have children. Look at Jill's two disasters, Jessa's "BLEEDING" and Joy's difficult/emergency situation and then a very, very sad event. Jinger, who I believe had competent care and an early induction did well.

• Love 8

Since Austin's sister is married to Bob Ballinger's son--and Bob Ballinger thinks having a large litter of children makes him impressive 🙄--I wouldn't doubt that there is an expectation from her in-laws/her husband that she will churn out lots of babies for Jesus. So, in much the same way that the Duggars expect something similar, I could see in-law pressure being more of a factor in the number of children both Forsyth siblings have than how they themselves were raised. Especially with both sets of in-laws being more "prestigious" in their community's eyes than the Forsyths.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, floridamom said:

So far, IMO, I don't think the Duggar daughters are built very well to have children. Look at Jill's two disasters, Jessa's "BLEEDING" and Joy's difficult/emergency situation and then a very, very sad event. Jinger, who I believe had competent care and an early induction did well.

It’s no coincidence Jingle is the only one that had prenatal care, too.   That AMA a little while back mentioned that it is very common for women in their groups not to get any prenatal care at all since their lives are worth nothing. 

Of course empress Michelle was the exception to the rule, as always. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I would think it's more of not doing well with home births, particularly whoever is in charge of their labor and delivery.  Like you said Jinger got competent care and the other Duggar daughters had Jill and possibly some unnamed person.  And I completely agree with @JoanArc

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, floridamom said:

As far as we know, however, none of them seem to have any trouble getting pregnant. Jill may be experiencing secondary infertility, but Derick has hinted he's not against taking precautions.  Same goes for Jinger, Jeremy has hinted limiting his family size. As for Jessa, she did have a longer period between Henry and Ivy, but that may have to do with having two kids under 2 and breast-feeding. Joy also seems to get pregnant easily; it's too soon since her loss to know if she's slowed down at all.

The Duggar daughters have had great difficulty with labor and delivery. I also have no idea what kind of care Joy gets. From this point, she should get high care since I believe her pregnancies will be high-risk. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know much about Austin's sister other than she's been married for 4 years and has two kids.

She's pregnant with her 3rd.

Edit: Beaten to it. But it seems like the young Ballingers are fully on the QF train.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

But it seems like the young Ballingers are fully on the QF train.

My impression of Bob Ballinger is that dissent/critical thinking in that realm would not be welcomed. A big part of his public persona is the whole "big Christian homeschool family" thing. Since Bobby is also apparently interested in following in his father's footsteps, it wouldn't surprise me if he is basically adopting the family brand as his own. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I also think personality plays a role. Austin might come from a fundie family but I do believe he cares about Joy's welfare and wouldn't rush a brand new pregnancy on Joy if the first one was so difficult and the second one ended so sadly. And this can;t be said enough -- there's plenty of time. Joy's 22. Her ovaries aren't drying up.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I also think personality plays a role. Austin might come from a fundie family but I do believe he cares about Joy's welfare and wouldn't rush a brand new pregnancy on Joy if the first one was so difficult and the second one ended so sadly. And this can;t be said enough -- there's plenty of time. Joy's 22. Her ovaries aren't drying up.

We know that, but they act as if there is no tomorrow.

• Love 4

Does anyone ever think that we posters/non-fans are just as obsessed with Duggar pregnancies as the Duggar's are with getting pregnant?  We speculate as much about it as they talk about it.  They could announce they are waiting for health reasons & we'd doubt them or flat out say they are lying about it.  NOT leg humping, but do have a bit of a soft spot for Joy after her still birth.  She's basically damned if she does & damned if she doesn't with most of us. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Nope. I don't have much to say about the babies or pregnancies. The context perhaps (Anna's keeping the baby factory going after Joshgate), or behaviors (Whatshername's OTT dramatics over a super-early-stage miscarriage that she carried on about FOR.ever), or their moronic expectation that no competent prenatal medical care + homebirth is a good plan even AFTER the first time was almost a disaster (Jill, Jessa, Joy). 

I really don't give a fuck if anybody is pregnant, including strangers who have been on a TV show. I have zero interest in the details of an infant's facial features or who they may look like, or in scrutinizing photos of tiny infants to see if their eyes are different sizes or there's some malformation or they show signs of a syndrome or impairment. Frankly I have thought many such comments on these threads were extremely stupid but, following the rules and common sense, I ignored them and moved on.

So, while some people here may be very interested, if not obsessed, with the pregnancies and babies, I'm not. These are the Duggars. They marry, fuck, and make babies. That's what they do.

It is worthy of comment - since their role in life is to make babies - that the Duggar daughters don't have a good record when it comes to delivering their babies with sketchy prenatal "medical" care and attempted home births followed by unplanned C sections (or home births followed by uncontrolled bleeding and a trip to the ER). I hope Joy's recent tragic late-term miscarriage (stillbirth?) may somehow be a wake-up call - if only to her sisters-in-law who seem to have been prudent as to getting medical care and support for their own deliveries. 

I have snarked on all the Duggarlings, that almost none of them are keeping up the pace to have their own broods of 19 kids, but that's really satire and not serious. I mean, they are famous only because their mother was able to give birth to 19 kids and when you consider their religious beliefs, procreation appears to be their mission in life. So, bring on the snark about that.

I don't know why Jill and Derick haven't had another child after Sam, and it's not really my business. I do spare a thought of sympathy for Jill if the reason is that she can no longer bear children, or has been advised medically not to get pregnant again, because I think that would be very hard for her emotionally.  hope that Derick for all his faults has tried to help her get counseling to deal with it.

TBH if the Duggars and Duggarlings shut down their SM accounts and went off TV I'd miss the great snark on this forum but my life would probably be more productive. 

Perfectly said!

• Love 6
On 2/11/2020 at 8:57 PM, Sew Sumi said:

So now Esther can't travel for 4-6 months. Who will keep the $100k in the meantime? Lawson?

I know Katie Joy of Without a Crystal Ball isn't everyone's cup of tea, but she did recently post a good video about this.  She could speak with some authority, as she has a son with a heart condition, and she says her best friend's child has the same condition that Esther has.  Essentially, this little girl's condition would always make her a poor candidate to travel, and she will require multiple surgeries over a long length of time.  

• Useful 6

This poor child is being told she can be helped and yes she will require many surgeries- many risky surgeries because at her age, risk is greater. Had she been corrected as an infant she might be fine. It's sad that these people are getting hopes up when she probably cannot travel.  Lawson should just shut up and get an education but that is not what Bates do.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The only thing we learned from the marriage bootcamp is that Lauren is a petulant bitch.

I'm still in awe of how passive-aggressive she was in that episode. 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Oh dear.. I hope they take care of her. 

I think Austin is capable of taking care of a puppy.  I can't imagine him being okay with a puppy destroying their home.  That pup will be trained and get his exercise. 

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Oh, God no. I remember those horses at Fort Rock looked scraggly and underfed. Joy was also the one laughing and yelling "Pow!" as Derick sledded into that cat. None of these people have any business owning animals.

This. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Austin seems like a super doggy person. 

I'd like to think so. But, he grew up out in the country on that guest ranch. As someone pointed out, their horses looked skinny and not well cared for. I know from experience that for farm/ranch folks in that part of the world, dogs and cats even if pets, are historically considered outdoor animals. They may be provided with sleeping areas out in a barn or shed, but not brought indoors to sleep or considered to be indoor animals.

I think Austin may have grown up in a family with those attitudes. I'd hope he's not as nasty as to consider it just fine to leave the dog tied up in the yard most of the time. Maybe he's adopted a more modern attitude toward their new pet dog and she won't be left outdoors all the time, and she'll be spayed and get regular vet care. I really can't predict what he might do.

As for Joy, the Duggars seem to be oblivious to the welfare of animals, and she enjoyed that horrendous attack on that poor cat. So I doubt she will have a clue how to care for that dog. And, yeah, fuck her and the rest of her family for all that.

• Love 18

That puppy is adorable. Gideon is adorable.

I love that they got a puppy and hope she is well cared for an loved so deeply. If not, I personally will go and rescue her. I am holding on to hope for this one.

Gideon's smile says it all, and if I am being honest, Austin looks pretty happy too.

• Love 5