Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, PuffinFizz said:

Really? I was sure all the older ones were blanket trained. The younger ones seemed feral. 

I read their books a long time ago (glutton for punishment) and could be wrong. She alluded to the fact that having twins made it even more difficult to parent, as if she was parenting at that point. 

• Useful 3
12 hours ago, SMama said:

IIRC Michelle claimed in one of the books that she began blanket training with the second set of twins.

not sure when they started blanket training but i believe it went down to Justin.

TLC came along when Jackson was born. there have been things shown with both James and Justin where michelle either whispers something to them or makes them look her in the eye until they stop crying, all while using the baby talk voice for the cameras

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, SMama said:

I read their books a long time ago (glutton for punishment) and could be wrong. She alluded to the fact that having twins made it even more difficult to parent, as if she was parenting at that point. 

Joy was the first of the official buddy system iirc. I'm very doubtful it began with Jed!2020 and Sinner Twin. 

Josh was before the Duggars freefall into Gothard and fundamentalism. He probably only got spanked at worst.

• Love 4
On 1/27/2020 at 1:55 PM, SMama said:

It did start with the younger twins. Someone on Reddit posted screen shots of the relevant pages from Michelle’s book. I found it a couple weeks ago by googling ‘Michelle Duggar blanket training’. The post had a picture of 1 page but when you click on it, there are more pages. I’ll try to find it again and link it. 

Michelle basically said it started with Jer  and Jed but it was so successful 🤮 that they then used it on Joy, even though she was older than the twins. Michelle made it sound almost pleasant unless you know enough about it to read between the lines. For example, she refers to “quick corrections” which apparently is hitting the baby with a flexible ruler or something like that. She doesn’t mention stopping training but the caption under the picture of Hannie and Jennifer says they were blanket trained as well. 

eta link:  the link brings up pictures of all the relevant pages.

Edited by EVS
To correct autocorrect
  • Useful 3

If I'm not mistaken on the timing, that means they adopted blanket training around the time JB's political career started. Jed and Jer were born in December 1998 and JB was a rep from 1999 to 2002. That . . . doesn't strike me as a coincidence. People I know who met them when JB was campaigning in 2002 often remarked on how well-behaved the kids seemed at events. Would not surprise me at all if one of the reasons they adopted it was to ensure the children seemed as obedient as possible as a part of the campaign/political brand. 😞

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, EVS said:

It did start with the younger twins. Someone on Reddit posted screen shots of the relevant pages from Michelle’s book. I found it a couple weeks ago by googling ‘Michelle Duggar blanket training’. The post had a picture of 1 page but when you click on it, there are more pages. I’ll try to find it again and link it. 

Michelle basically said it started with Jer  and Jed but it was so successful 🤮 that they then used it on Joy, even though she was older than the twins. Michelle made it sound almost pleasant unless you know enough about it to read between the lines. For example, she refers to “quick corrections” which apparently is hitting the baby with a flexible ruler or something like that. She doesn’t mention stopping training but the caption under the picture of Hannie and Jennifer says they were blanket trained as well. 

eta link:  the link brings up pictures of all the relevant pages.

Thank you for making me realize I still have at least one marble left. I did read it was Jer and JED!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I must be the odd person out but I think it is sweet. Yes the artist isn't the best but she/ he did it to bring comfort to the family and it seems to have done that.

I think anything that bring peace to those who are grieving is fine.  

• Love 24
20 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I must be the odd person out but I think it is sweet. Yes the artist isn't the best but she/ he did it to bring comfort to the family and it seems to have done that.

Nope, you're not the only one. I don't get comfort from the kinds of things they get comfort from, but if I did, I'd be very happy having that picture. Including with the fact that it depicts Joy and Austin as they are in their everyday selves.

I actually think the artist does quite a good job. The lack of noses is a cartoon kind of style, which fits with the simplicity of her work....and it also makes it much easier to do a kind of simple portrait without falsifying anything or unduly prettying somebody up or inadvertently making them homelier than they are. Noses are a very distinctive feature that can force you into doing actual portraiture -- which doesn't fit the style and most likely would mean she'd have to charge too much -- and if a nose goes wrong it can way too easily turn an outline-y kind of cartoon style into pure caricature, so you'd have to throw too many out and start over, I'd imagine. She's got a form of art there with which she can make personalized pictures for a very reasonable price, I think. It's a good little business for the artist, I'll bet. And a very nice piece to contemplate for people whose beliefs it fits, seems to me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Zella said:

If I'm not mistaken on the timing, that means they adopted blanket training around the time JB's political career started. Jed and Jer were born in December 1998 and JB was a rep from 1999 to 2002. That . . . doesn't strike me as a coincidence. People I know who met them when JB was campaigning in 2002 often remarked on how well-behaved the kids seemed at events. Would not surprise me at all if one of the reasons they adopted it was to ensure the children seemed as obedient as possible as a part of the campaign/political brand. 😞

She does mention it being during JB’s time in the legislature. It’s at the bottom of the second to last page. I agree that it is all about the image with them and that was probably their motivation. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, EVS said:

She does mention it being during JB’s time in the legislature. It’s at the bottom of the second to last page. I agree that it is all about the image with them and that was probably their motivation. 

Ah okay! Thank you! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

The missing noses might be a clue.  Which brings to question ... where are the missing nostrils?

They've all migrated to Austin's face.

Forget the prayer closet, I'm just going straight to hell.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

I find it interesting that joy doesn’t name the artist!  Just keeps saying “a friend “ did it. 

I like how jesus’s Complexion changes depending on which family he’s with!

carlin having her baby must be quite painful for joy, as happy as she must be for her. Must bring up lots of memories. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

By all appearances, Joy and Austin have grieved in a healthy way and moved on. I'm sure losing Annabelle still hurts but it doesn't seem to be consuming their lives the way Asa did does with Lauren. 

Fixed it for you.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Fixed it for you.

Actually I think Lauren has really scaled back her obsession with Asa since Bella was born. 

I'm sure Joy and Austin are thinking about their loss more than they tell us. It helps that they have Gideon to focus on. 

• Love 16
On 2/1/2020 at 5:50 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

I like it too. Its not overwrought, just nice a sweet. 

• Love 5

seems all speculation the pic is on their instagram Jan 20 and captioned

"you are my happy place"  - nothing about pregnancy.

apparently "fans" think the pic is cropped and she is waiting to announce

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

That's from a fanpage. Not from Joy. Just realized other people posted that, but yeah, it just seems like idle fan speculation and no real confirmation of anything. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Can someone open the link in the fan page bio? I can't seem to.

Here it is: ( I think it’s in very poor taste)

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2020/02/joy-anna-duggar-heres-why-fans-are-convinced-shes-pregnant/?utm_source=Relic&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=PregnantRelic4

Minus pictures for anyone who can’t open It:

Joy-Anna Duggar: Here's Why Fans Are Convinced She's Pregnant

by Tyler Johnson at February 3, 2020 1:50 pm.

As we reminded you many times over the course of the past 12 months, 2019 was the year of the Duggar baby boom.

Jim Bob and Michelle gained five new grandchildren last year, and we're sure they couldn't be happier about it.

But in 2020, it seems production at the Duggar baby factory has slowed considerably.

Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

Play Video

Believe it or not, there are no pregnant Duggars at the moment.

At least not that we know of ...

The baby bump rumor mill never stops churning, and the folks who populate the Duggar-obsessed corners of Reddit have some theories about which Duggar daughter is next to deliver.

This time, it's Joy-Anna Duggar's turn to have her midsection scrutinized.

Report this ad

Fans on the Duggar subreddit are convinced that Joy is expecting.

Not only that, they believe she has a very specific reason for keeping her pregnancy under wraps.

You'd have to go all the way back to the day after Christmas to find a photo in which Joy's entire body can be seen, and for many of her followers, that's reason enough to believe she's expecting.

Report this ad

As for why she would keep the pregnancy to herself ... well, that photo right there, posted by Joy on February 1 might provide some indication.

"I’ve always said 'My little girl is in the arms of Jesus', but this visual always makes me tear up!" Joy captioned the pic.

"Such a good reminder. Thankful for this sweet gift!"

Yes, Joy-Anna suffered a miscarriage in July of last year when she was around the 5-month mark of her pregnancy.

Report this ad

Now, fans believe she's waiting to announce her third pregnancy until she's well past that point.

“I think Joy is pregnant, but won’t announce until she’s past the point when Annabelle died,” one user wrote Reddit.

Another echoed that sentiment and speculated that Joy won't announce “until she’s twenty weeks.”

Report this ad

Some pointed to the cropping on the photo below -- posted by Joy on January 20 -- as evidence that the 22-year-old is concealing a bump.

Report this ad

"You are my happy place!" the pic is captioned.

Of course, since Joy and Austin have a joint account, it's a little unclear who is talking to whom.

Others are less convinced that Joy and Austin are pregnant, and several fans suggested that the couple is “probably actively trying."

Whatever the case, don't be surprised to hear a big announcement from the Forsyths in the very near future.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/1/2020 at 6:09 PM, absnow54 said:

These sketches are very kind, and I hope they bring the recipients comfort, but in both drawings it looks like Jesus is Joy’s and Vanessa’s secret side piece. 

Omg. Lol. But a reminder of why Joy is generally cool: she and Austin aren’t dolled up at all in that painting. Just wearing their regular gear, flip flops and all. 

I could be wrong but for whatever reason I think Annabelle’s death made Joy slow down with the baby making. She seems to be enjoying being a mom to Gideon. She’s 22. It’s not like her ovaries are drying up.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Omg. Lol. But a reminder of why Joy is generally cool: she and Austin aren’t dolled up at all in that painting. Just wearing their regular gear, flip flops and all. 

I could be wrong but for whatever reason I think Annabelle’s death made Joy slow down with the baby making. She seems to be enjoying being a mom to Gideon. She’s 22. It’s not like her ovaries are drying up.

This. And wasn’t Joy one of the younger kids to get engaged/married?  Was she 19?  The others seemed to be slightly older when their baby factory started?

• Love 7
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Whatever the case, don't be surprised to hear a big announcement from the Forsyths in the very near future.

Would anyone ever be surprised to hear that a married Duggar female was pregnant?  This is a pretty safe bet, the only surprising one would be Michelle.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

I think Joy is likely pregnant seeing that Austin is the most Fundy of the sons-in-law. I believe they'll churn out babies at a regular pace, as will Joe and Kendra, Josiah and Lauren, and Josh and Anna. Not sure about JD and Abbie.

I believe Jessa will churn out babies at a regular pace too. But only to try and keep Counting On alive.

Jessa probably has calendars for each couple and is going to try and control the next round of births. She'll do girls weekends so certain couples won't get pregnant at the same time. If Jessa manages to pull this off, the Duggars could be having babies every two or three months.

She better hurry though, Kendra is due to get pregnant any day now, so Jessa needs to work on Josiah and Lauren, to delay the birth of Colton Mateo.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Joy is likely pregnant seeing that Austin is the most Fundy of the sons-in-law. I believe they'll churn out babies at a regular pace

True about Austin being thoroughly fundie. But his very fundie parents only had two kids. Do we know why? Has Austin's sister been pumping out the babiez like a Duggar?

Austin, unlike a typical Duggarling, was raised in a family where everyone worked their butts off every day to run the family business (guest ranch). I think that Austin - also unlike a typical Duggarling - understands the value of a dollar and the cost of living. I seriously doubt that "Duggar time" and grifting freebies were part of his life until he married Joy. I wonder if the stank face he often displayed in his early days as a Duggar spouse, reflected his distaste for a lot of what he saw going on in the Duggar circus. 

I think it's likely that Austin has thought about the costs of rearing a large brood and may not be in a hot hurry to have a lot of kids. I also think he really cares for Joy, who's probably all into pumping out a big brood, so there's that. I'm sure he loves his son and was devastated when they lost the baby last year. I don't know how it will all play out but I just don't see "fundie" automatically equating to "wants to father a dozen plus" in Austin's case. 

Aaand - I'm often wrong. If Austin has made public statements about wanting a zillion kids, then obviously I'm wrong. Which wouldn't be a new thing. 🙃

• Love 14

Or maybe it just isn't happening.  Just because she got pregnant easily the first two times doesn't mean it will continue that way.  If you are truly leaving it to God then you aren't preventing but you aren't actively trying to conceive either...

And yes, I know the Duggars would not understand this logic.  But maybe Austin does.

• Love 5