Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

"We feed you a big lunch"

Camera cuts to Mr. Forsyth serving potatoes out of a tiny casserole dish that wouldn't even feed ten people.

"Moms get a break"

Not so much when you have to bring all your own linens and towels, and set up your own cabin. 

• Love 20
53 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

To be honest, after a week of non-stop “family togetherness”, there’s a high possibility that I would completely dislike my kids. One thing that I know about myself as a mom is that being with my kids 24/7 isn’t healthy for any of us. 

Then you shouldn't go to the camp. Because it appears that everybody there is armed much of the time. Including small children. lol

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
27 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Then you shouldn't go to the camp. Because it appears that everybody there is armed much of the time. Including small children. lol

I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of weapons. Even more than when my son goes to Scout camp. 😀

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I always thought that the Protestant Bible had fewer books than my Catholic one, who knew that the Book of Armaments actually existed?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 2/2/2019 at 5:14 PM, irisheyes said:

To be honest, after a week of non-stop “family togetherness”, there’s a high possibility that I would completely dislike my kids. One thing that I know about myself as a mom is that being with my kids 24/7 isn’t healthy for any of us. 

Maybe that's why my mom went back to work 8 days after she had her 3rd kid😁

• Love 10
Just now, riverblue22 said:

All those guns?  Throwing hatchets?  I would never take my kids to a place like that.  Somebody is going to get hurt one of these days~

Yes this camp sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. 

• Love 5

I went to summer camp in Texas.  We had shotguns, bows & arrows, axes for chopping wood, machete's for setting up camp and any number of horrifyingly deadly weapons at hand.  Ages ranged from 8 to 17.  And there were no parents there, just counselors.  They were trained how to use the items safely, because it was their job.   

Something tells me the parents that freak out about a few hand tools, sleeping bags and no Wi-Fi probably don't go there anyway. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm from New England in the days before wi-fi. From when my firstborn was a baby we camped, chopped wood, lit fires, etc. My kids also took archery in summer camp. But there's no way I would have let my kids attend a camp run by young counselors where shotguns were part of the experience. I wouldn't freak out about at all, because it would never happen.

Same. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

What do they think it means?

Just the usual. The law of their God (exactly as they construe it) must be the literal, total and absolute law of this land -- in detail and for everyone -- or we're doomed. 

Freedom equals "My way or the highway," in other words. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Just the usual. The law of their God (exactly as they construe it) must be the literal, total and absolute law of this land -- in detail and for everyone -- or we're doomed. 

Exactly like Sharia law then.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Mhm. People who've lived in a cage their entire lives are goign to explain freedom to us. They can't handle philosophy or sophisticated thought at all. Read a book, nostrils.

41BKMjyz8xL._SX294_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
On 1/27/2019 at 11:39 AM, PikaScrewChu said:

They are too busy marketing the rest to pay attention to what Jackson is up to. By the time they lose the TV show, figure out they aren't going to make the Balding Boy Band and Lost Girls a "thing", and have tried to Tetris all the growing families into various properties; Jackson is going to be donning a leather jacket and terrifying the residents of Tonitown on his motorcycle.

From your lips (fingers?) to the Flying Spaghetti Monster's ears.

• Love 11

Happy 1st Birthday Giddyup!

(I only remember because it's my birthday too.)

I don't  mind sharing with Giddyup but my poor husband has to share his with Joshley.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 18
Just now, BitterApple said:

It's their child's first birthday and they left him to go out of town? 

I’m sure they will celebrate when they return. It’s not as if Gideon knows it’s his bday and has been left alone without anyone to celebrate with him. I don’t think they love him any less if they celebrate a week later. 

• Love 17

I don't think it's awful that they're leaving town for Giddyup's first birthday...he doesn't know it's his birthday and they can celebrate later. However, I feel most parents wouldn't do it. They'd choose another weekend, unless it was some sort of work trip. Honestly, all this does is confirm for me the kind of parenting Michelle does. If Joy thinks nothing of scheduling a rare trip during her son's first birthday, that tells me that Michelle also thought nothing of attending "conferences" during her own kids' milestones. 

• Love 12

The #dateyourspouse hastag seems so sad to me because they weren't allowed to date and get to know each before they were married.  Also a fundie couples retreat would not be a fun, relaxing date. 
I realize Giddy won't know they missed his first birthday (or come home late), and a lot of people have a party on a weekend because they have to work, but I feel they should spend his first birthday with him.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Spending Giddyup’s first birthday out of town. 

53864472-7FEF-493C-AD01-816442CC0E0C.jpeg

803F7613-61E8-4C5A-BD14-430B2EEF54C2.jpeg

C92B319E-C95D-4292-AB2B-D8ACF7D9F9C9.jpeg

The way Joy's caption reads is like they just decided to take a random vacation, just the two of them, when it just happened to be their son's birthday. However, I think there is trouble in the Joystin marriage and they're trying to fix things with this couple's retreat, which just happened to coincide with Gideon's birthday.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, louannems said:

The hashtags suggested they are attending a couples retreat.  Fundies love their retreats, don't they?  All those people that think and act and practically look alike.

They walk alike, they talk alike, you can lose your mind!

When fundies are two of a kind 🙂

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

I have no issue with parents going out rather than celebrate a 1-year-old's birthday on the day. It's not like the child remotely understands the concept or what day it - hell, you could probably get away with them being completely ignorant to what day is the actual DAY until they are what, 4, 5? Later? When do they actually know how to read a calendar? Just tell them that day is their day. 😉

But that conference agenda makes me want to cry.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

They walk alike, they talk alike, you can lose your mind!

When fundies are two of a kind 🙂

Here's hoping they're not actually identical cousins.....  ; ) 

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Shoot me now. My marriage has survived almost 25 years without any of those "adventures." 

*insert massive eye roll here*

Oh, surely you've enjoyed "the adventure of fighting."    lol

• LOL 6
  • Love 3