Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

In June 2018, Austin and Joy purchased a parcel in Washington County for $140,000. For that price in that area, I imagine it bought a fairly decent house. That was the only parcel I could find in either Washington or Benton counties. I don't know the name of the county to Washington's east, where Fort Rock is located. They may have gone out that way. Maybe @Zella could help?

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

It would be funny if Austin was a douche who tried to claim Giddyup wasn't his (well, not funny, buuut...). He would get laughed out of court!

Yeah Gideon is the spit of him. I’d bet the baby photos are identical. 

• Love 4

Why would she put out her email address publicly and tell people to send her their numbers for her to call them?  What if we all actually did?  And why would anyone think Joy is suddenly an expert on health and weight loss?  

• Love 18

And she doesn’t even show her body for the ad. Oh poor simple Joy.

I’m sure she’s got some fundy flunkies going through the emails. 

I seem to still like her for some reason. Maybe it’s because she double dipped in front of Austin. I don’t know. Or just that she seems sort of feisty and dim. And she doesn’t seem to bat an eye about doing manual labor in sandals. 

• Love 11
On 12/30/2018 at 4:27 PM, Nysha said:

Granted we haven't seen much of Joe's little one, but Jill seems to be the only Duggar sibling whose kids are constantly fearful and/or apprehensive. I think she's the only one who bought into the Pearl's infant abuse discipline regime.

Maybe, but I think I remember a time in the past year when Joy and Austin were singing the praises of the Pearl approach. I wouldn't bet on Jill being the only one, really. Especially when the kids get a little older. They're all very steeped in that general philosophy. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Based on the comments I read on "health coach" Jessica's Instagram, they're shilling Optavia, a scammy MLM version of NutriSystem. If anyone wants a fun read here are some Consumer Affairs complaints about the program:

Shocking-not-shocking is the theme of poor customer service and difficulty of cancelling once you've signed your life away to the company:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/nutrition/medifast.html

Email this to Joy.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Based on the comments I read on "health coach" Jessica's Instagram, they're shilling Optavia, a scammy MLM version of NutriSystem. If anyone wants a fun read here are some Consumer Affairs complaints about the program:

Shocking-not-shocking is the theme of poor customer service and difficulty of cancelling once you've signed your life away to the company:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/nutrition/medifast.html

Interesting. Way back in history, Medifast was a diet system created by a doctor and sold to patients through doctors' offices. I actually used it back in the early 00's and lost weight. I had a great local program representative who was an RN, who'd had a lot of experience with Medifast during the time when it was really medically supervised.

But it looks it has now evolved to a direct-to-consumer (through "coaches") thing. About six years ago I tried it again - still via the same local RN "coach" (I'm not sure that's what they were called back then), but had an adverse reaction to the soy-heavy ingredients. My RN lady was great and said oh yes I needed to stop. 

But yes, it seems as if these days anybody can be a "coach" for this Optavia stuff. If it's the same food as before, it's really soy-heavy and a lot of people may not be able to tolerate it. I'm not flat-out allergic to soy but my bod just couldn't take that much of it day in and day out. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Jeeves said:

But yes, it seems as if these days anybody can be a "coach" for this Optavia stuff. If it's the same food as before, it's really soy-heavy and a lot of people may not be able to tolerate it. I'm not flat-out allergic to soy but my bod just couldn't take that much of it day in and day out. 

The 'Jessica" that Joy refers to as an Optavia health coach is none other than Joy's sister-in-law's mother-in-law, Jessica Ballinger.  Jessica is the mother-in-law of Austin's sister Meagan Forsyth Ballinger.

I think that Joy should have disclosed this relationship, but in true Duggar fashion she chose not to be entirely honest.  I'm ashamed of Joy.  Behavior like this makes the baby Jesus cry.

• Love 12

I'm pretty sure Joy IDed Jessica as a Ballinger in her initial post shilling this crap. There's no other way I would have known to go poking around on her IG at the time.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

The Ballingers are having some interesting tax problems right now. They have a lien on their property for not paying state taxes, which they SWEAR they knew nothing about until the lien was publicized, despite everybody saying you get several notifications before you get a lien. Yeah, local media is having fun with that, and Ballinger is being indignant about it. It's very Duggar-esque. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

But he's a good buddy of Boob's. I knew the Ballinger name long before Joy married into the Forsyths. Nice company the Duggars keep but not in the least surprising.

Yeah the Boob/Ballinger connection isn't surprising. Weirdly enough, I've been aware of Ballinger for awhile since he's one of the local strivers but despite following the Duggar circus for years, had no idea about his Duggar connection until a few months ago. In fact, I think I might have learned about it from one of your posts! 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2

This is Joy’s typical response to questions:

austinandjoyforsyth

@michellerenedoveYES!! Totally! I didn’t the same thing!! You can Direct Message my health coach, @jessilynnballinger and let her know you need more information!

So, I went to her “coach’s” Instagram. There  are 2 videos, posted on December 24th:

:

• Love 1
On 1/14/2019 at 8:05 PM, Spencer Hastings said:

Joy has become that friend from high school (the dining room table in this case) who keeps trying to get you to join her pyramid scheme. Whatever she is trying to sell costs *only* $14/day. 

40lbs in 9 weeks? Unless you're obese I don't see how that's possible if you're a normal weight

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Darknight said:

40lbs in 9 weeks? Unless you're obese I don't see how that's possible if you're a normal weight

He likely was obese. (A lot of people are including me) She was likely post partum which helped (her body was getting back to its “normal weight”). Not knocking them, losing weight is HARD no matter what, but a post partum woman dropping her pregnancy weight isn’t the same as someone dropping 40lbs they’ve carried for 10yrs. 

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

He likely was obese. (A lot of people are including me) She was likely post partum which helped (her body was getting back to its “normal weight”). Not knocking them, losing weight is HARD no matter what, but a post partum woman dropping her pregnancy weight isn’t the same as someone dropping 40lbs they’ve carried for 10yrs. 

Is she marking towards after birth or just regular people?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Is she marking towards after birth or just regular people?

I thought she was marketing it as a post partum weight loss program (although others can use it)- I could be wrong don’t quote me!

He is obese, and his wife has had 8? kids, including one who's still fairly small. 

Bob.jpg

FWIW, his wife seems like a nice lady (at least in public). She's better liked than him. (Not that that's hard. . . .)

Edited to add: the youngest kid was born late Dec 2017. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2