Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

There's something about Austin's face that is so lifeless.  He has no spark in his eyes and his smile seems off.  It's as if life is happening around him and he's not a part of it.

That is what happens when you're raised via the Pearls. I see him having a lot of rage behind his eyes.

For Joy's sake, I hope she was able to push the baby out---I had 1 vaginal birth and 1 c-section and the 10 lb baby through the vagina isn't as bad as being cut open. 

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, toodles said:

They look like babies themselves.  I wonder if Jana is standing by to take her new baby home. Oops-I meant nephew home.

They look like brother and sister their facial features are so similar in that picture.

• Love 3

You would think someone would have taken a brush to Joyless’ hair before sending that photo to a magazine. She looks like hell, but I guess I would too if I’d given birth to a toddler. I am totally speculating that she had undiagnosed gestational diabetes and tried to birth at home before someone figured out that that baby giant wasn’t going to come out of her in any natural way. 

Gideon Martyn. Why add stupid y’s to boy’s names? It’s not cute. 

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Bitter Betty said:

10 pounds.  Oof. My 2 month old is the same size. Joy just gave birth to a 2 month old.  Ouch. 

I hope for the sake of her lady parts that it was a c section. If it was, I also wonder if she attempted a home birth first. 

He weighs almost twice as much as my first baby. WOW. And ouch.

• Love 5

I for one LOVE the name Gideon.  Always have!  I might have ended up with a child name Gideon had my husband cared for the name.

35 minutes ago, Abmis said:

The name Gideon makes me think of the goofy youngest brother in Seven Brides For Seven Brothers. 

Aw, I love goofy Gideon in 7 Brides! 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Bitter Betty said:

10 pounds.  Oof. My 2 month old is the same size. Joy just gave birth to a 2 month old.  Ouch. 

I hope for the sake of her lady parts that it was a c section. If it was, I also wonder if she attempted a home birth first. 

Yes, my daughter is 7 weeks old and measures as much as this baby (even almost in lenght too). Wow

• Love 5

Ha.  We called it.  Right in time for tonight's premiere.  Ok, Jessa will now announce in 3, 2, 1...

I like the name Gideon.  Hate Martyn, and the additional Y in Forsyth.  Gideon Martyn is too rhym-y together.  

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

For Joy's sake, I hope she was able to push the baby out---I had 1 vaginal birth and 1 c-section and the 10 lb baby through the vagina isn't as bad as being cut open. 

This is a YMMV situation. My first was almost 9 pounds.  I delivered her vaginally and she tore me wide open. It took me 18 months to recover.  My second was 7.5 pounds, I had a c-section and it has been 2 months and I'm fully healed. My c-section was SOOOO much better than my vaginal birth.  

Either way for Joy, I hope she had whatever works best for her.  But my vag still cringes thinking about pushing out a 10 pounder.

• Love 19

I have a soft spot for the name Gideon, since it's the middle name of one of my close family members. Anyway, it's an under-used Biblical name that I hope will serve him well.  So congrats to Joy & Austin on their well-named, beautiful baby.  In that photo though, they look like a pair of teenagers! Oh wait....

• Love 10

Would it have taken so much effort for Austin to move the box in that hall? They had a birth pool, so maybe she did try the dumb Duggar way first. It’s interesting that the picture of Gideon alone leaves room for interpretation as to whether he was born in a hospital. Heck a birthing center is better than the single digit collective IQ of Jill and company. It’s been a very long time since I gave birth. How long do vaginal birth babies keep their cone heads?

10 minutes ago, SMama said:

Would it have taken so much effort for Austin to move the box in that hall? They had a birth pool, so maybe she did try the dumb Duggar way first. It’s interesting that the picture of Gideon alone leaves room for interpretation as to whether he was born in a hospital. Heck a birthing center is better than the single digit collective IQ of Jill and company. It’s been a very long time since I gave birth. How long do vaginal birth babies keep their cone heads?

It didn't last super long for my oldest, her head was round by day 2. 

I like the name Gideon. It's both unique and not too off the wall and (not that it matters to me) has that biblical tie in.

2 hours ago, Abmis said:

The name Gideon makes me think of the goofy youngest brother in Seven Brides For Seven Brothers.  Your comment makes me think that maybe Joy's going use the same plan for naming her seven sons but is working her way backwards.  That means the next one will be Frankincense.  Frankinscense Forsythe has such a lovely ring to it. 

I love Seven Brides and don't want them to become the Pontipees (Joy will never, ever be as awesome as Milly), buuuut I might be on board with the biblical ABCs for laughs.

... but only if they make their daughter Dorcas. She can be best friends with Spurgeon.

• Love 9

I like the name Gideon as well...I actually like a lot of very Biblical names. Kinda too bad that my daughter, who is even stronger of an atheist than I am put the kibosh on any discussion on names with religious connotations for her baby. Ah, well.

Gideon looks cute enough from what I can see, but I do suspect he has Austin's nostrils...

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

They should have corrected that travesty. 

Don't you mean travysty?

At least they didn't double down on the obnoxious spelling by spelling it Gydeon.  I know someone named Jonathon, and he's spent his entire life correcting people who want to spell it the traditional way, Jonathan.  But what did he name his own kid? Nathon. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, momma2seven said:

Csection wouldn't be surprising based on his size but my 8+ pounders had nice round heads "and I delivered every one of them" haha

It's a mouthful of a name for sure but to each their own, I guess.

I'm not sure what you mean by " and I delivered every one of them" TLC had Michelle saying that, because it included a few c-sections.  I also would think no less of a woman who gave birth by c-section than one who gave birth vaginally. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4

Joy needs an industrial-strength, super heavy duty bra to hold her breasts up now. I can only imagine how uncomfortable they must make her. 

Some women just have big babies. My sister's first two weighed almost ten pounds apiece, with no gestational diabetes, my aunt is the same way, and there was only one cesarean involved (the aunt's first). 

• Love 2

If Joy has any 2 brain cells connecting in her air filled head she will have an industrial double breast pump to empty those milk engorged baby feeders simultaneously...

She needs to completely empty those puppies so she can get some relief from the fullness or she will be spraying the whole room with her breast milk shooting out of them every time Giddyup makes a whimper....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Bitter Betty said:

Mine didn’t hit ten pounds until after she was sitting up, so at least six months. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bitter Betty said:

They said in the video that there was a birthing pool. I hope to baby jeebus that it wasn't used and they got Joy to a hospital to deliver that behemoth. 

I so knew that the baby was already born and that they were just shelving the announcement until be premiere day. 

• Love 11

Based on his size and head shape I'm going with C-Section...but it appears they are home already. When I had my scheduled c I wasn't discharged until day 4, so I'm leaning towards vaginal in the hospital. 

I love the name Gideon! 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They said in the video that there was a birthing pool. I hope to baby jeebus that it wasn't used and they got Joy to a hospital to deliver that behemoth. 

I so knew that the baby was already born and that they were just shelving the announcement until be premiere day. 

That poor girl is probably wrecked, positively destroyed if she gave birth naturally.

• Love 3

I'll take Gidion(I actually like that name)over Sprugeon any day of the week! He's pretty cute and of course looks very healthy. The details of his birth will be interesting, here's hoping she didn't pull a Jill. So between, Jill(because she'll be stupid and have another), Jessa, Jinger and Joy(number 2 won't be far down the road), which will have the first girl of that group? The article stated Joy is 20. Why have I've been thinking she is 18 and posting about her being 18? Lol...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I'm not sure what you mean by " and I delivered every one of them" TLC had Michelle saying that, because it included a few c-sections.  I also would think no less of a woman who gave birth by c-section than one who gave birth vaginally. 

I was just being silly...it meant nothing negative.

• Love 17
50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

You were right!  You told me so!

I'm shocked that she already had the baby.  I'm glad for her sake she did. That baby is huge.  

11 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

This group is lousy with 17, 18, and 19 year old spouses and parents. Easy mistake to make.

Technically everyone was at least 19 when they got married and Kendra is the first 19-year-old mother.  Joy was 19 when she announced she was pregnant. 

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

People magazine posted the announcement on their Instagram page and Chrissy Tiegen wrote a comment saying "That is 100% Michael Cera". Such an insult to Michael Cera, in my opinion. 

I doub that's the real Chrissy Tiegen. 

I'm disappointed People is buying again.  They did a feature on Joy's wedding, but gave Joe's wedding a small blurb.  I wonder what they'll do for Joe's baby and Jinger's baby and...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Joy needs an industrial-strength, super heavy duty bra to hold her breasts up now. I can only imagine how uncomfortable they must make her. 

Some women just have big babies. My sister's first two weighed almost ten pounds apiece, with no gestational diabetes, my aunt is the same way, and there was only one cesarean involved (the aunt's first). 

Heck.  Joy could just cut out the bodice of Michelle's Tin Foil Dress for industrial strength support!

• Love 4

i was thinking again...(i do this every once in a while) that it is kinda nice they had a boy. barring jinger's baby, gideon has lots of basically same-age boy cousins to grow up with.  a girl in the mix would have felt like when joy was the only girl in that long line of boys growing up. 

• Love 6

I have a lot of boy cousins born around the same time as me. They are all great and one of them is one of my best friends. Joy also enjoyed playing with her brothers until she got old enough she was forced to girly things.  Also knew a family where they had bunch of boys and two girls far apart. The boys carried the younger sister around for long time. Being the only girl can have its perks. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4

REALLY hoping Jinger gets the girl (we know Joe and Kendra are having a boy, so Joy and Austin's was the question mark). Just because I feel it will make Jessa and Jill (especially Jessa) jealous that Jinger would finally deliver one after this long spate of boys. 

Edited by MichaelaRae