Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Dudes. Small world. I grew up outside of Greenville and go back about every three months or so to see family. Meet up at Parker’s BBQ!!!

It really is a small world.  I have to say that I prefer Moore's over Parker's or even Sam Jones (where we could actually have a pint with our BBQ).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It really is a small world.  I have to say that I prefer Moore's over Parker's or even Sam Jones (where we could actually have a pint with our BBQ).

As long as it’s NC BBQ and not the pulled crap we get in GA, I’m happy. I also like Bill’s in Wilson. 

• Love 4

I went to the Duggar Facebook page to see if anything had been posted, nothing. I don’t know if it’s because I’m on my phone so the size is off, but the family picture being used as the header has Jill, Derick, Josh and Anna cut out of the picture. They were originally, conveniently, on the ends.

• Love 1

Wouldn't it be cosmic if the baby comes during the first episode of Counting On?  I just hope it's a boy.  Sorry, but I'm thinking it's going to be over 9 lbs.

Poor, clueless, childlike, Joy.  She'll be going through the same thing year after year after year, ad infinitum.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Dudes. Small world. I grew up outside of Greenville and go back about every three months or so to see family. Meet up at Parker’s BBQ!!!

Ah, Greenville.  Know it well.  First daughter got her undergrad there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

Ah, Greenville.  Know it well.  First daughter got her undergrad there.

How funny! If anyone is following, Greenville has a population of 90,000 The whole county is 175,000.

Pickles of the facebook fame is also in eastern NC. I joined her page when there were something like 200 followers. I was floored when I first saw reference to her page in here. I still thought it was a little obscure page.

The baked beans at Sam Jones are to die for. BBQ is a religion in our house, complete with a top secret sauce recipe that stays in the safe.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

How funny! If anyone is following, Greenville has a population of 90,000 The whole county is 175,000.

Pickles of the facebook fame is also in eastern NC. I joined her page when there were something like 200 followers. I was floored when I first saw reference to her page in here. I still thought it was a little obscure page.

The baked beans at Sam Jones are to die for. BBQ is a religion in our house, complete with a top secret sauce recipe that stays in the safe.

I'm a lurker here but I went to ECU! A long time ago. I grew up in Eastern North Carolina and lived there for 22 years (about 45 minutes away from Greenville) .I haven't been back to Greenville in a few years. My parents sold my childhood home and moved to where I am now in WNC a few years back and I haven't had any reason to go back.

ETA: Eastern NC BBQ for the win! They have a good mix of BBQ where I am now but they used to try and pass off that tomato based sauce as BBQ- no way! Vinegar all the way! When we used to visit my parents we would stop by Gardener's BBQ before leaving town and stock up! Now, we have a smoker and I've perfected the recipe for ENC BBQ and can make it at home.

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I live about ten miles from Greenville and went to ECU. I don't care much for barbecue. Sam Jones' family has a BBQ restaurant called Skylight Inn started by his late grandfather. What's funny is there's a religious story here since this is the Duggar thread. Sam Jones' father is a Baptist minister(my late grandmother went to his church), and they do not have alcohol at the original family restaurant Skylight Inn. Sam Jones' BBQ ,which is fairly new, has alcohol. A magazine said his father didn't care for his son's restaurant serving alcohol. They said it was a friendly disagreement. And a cousin of the Jones family goes to my church. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Because Jesus loves them the most.

Also, if they die during delivery, it means they are an evil sinner.  Remember, Joy's worth is wrapped up in her uterus, the baby is worth more than her.  I don't know what their reaction would be if in a botched delivery the baby died and Joy lived.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Also, if they die during delivery, it means they are an evil sinner.  Remember, Joy's worth is wrapped up in her uterus, the baby is worth more than her.  I don't know what their reaction would be if in a botched delivery the baby died and Joy lived.

Megachurch funeral with Jim bob and Michelle dip kissing on the stage after the eulogy and slideshow of pictures of them as newlyweds. People cover. Very special episode pay. Joy and Autin featured in background shots only.

• Love 10

These girls make me so nervous. I've been reading a lot of birth stories lately (currently pregnant) and so much can go wrong. Even minor issues can turn catastrophic if you do not have the equipment/knowledge to handle it.  Why do they insist on delivering at home for the first one?? Especially in their area- hospitals are not nearby if there is an emergency.

If she chooses to deliver at home, I really hope someone more qualified than Jilly muffin is there to oversee it. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

You’ll never convince that lot that Jilly Muffin isn’t a certified midwife. Derick drove her to her test, y’all!

Hopefully that idiot doesn't kill anyone. Imagine the guilt, ugh. We can only hope Sam's birth taught her something. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Hopefully that idiot doesn't kill anyone. Imagine the guilt, ugh. We can only hope Sam's birth taught her something. 

As if. If Izzy and Sam's births didn't teach her anything, she doesn't have the capacity to learn. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 14

Baby Forsyth will come into this world owing Joy for "risking her life" to deliver him/her. And will be reminded of this fact at least once a year for the rest of their life. A dramatic birth story ups the ante for bragging and guilting rights.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

As if. If Izzy qne Ssam's births didn't teach her anything, she doesn't have the capacity to learn. 

Yes, Izzy's birth and the emergency c- section didn't seem to teach her anything, after a 50 hour labor and once again rushing to the hospital to have another c-section and Sammy being in NICU.  IDIOT

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It wouldn't surprise me if she's already had the baby and these are old pictures they're posting as red herrings. 

The car show/auction was a public event. Someone would have blabbed if it was an old video. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

I'm actually worried for Joy.....she is surrounded by uneducated idiots who think they know everything about childbirth...that poor girl will be made to suffer...and will probably end up in the emergency room if Jilly Muffin is in charge.  Joy's baby looks huge.  After the last few traumatic births this family has had I'm surprised these girls even want to get pregnant again.

i am too. Moreso than i was for any other of the Duggar homebirth. I think due to her age- she is so young.  Hopefully her MIL is looking out for her as MECHELLE obviously doesn't care if her daughters suffer in childbirth. 

• Love 18
6 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

I'm actually worried for Joy.....she is surrounded by uneducated idiots who think they know everything about childbirth...that poor girl will be made to suffer...and will probably end up in the emergency room if Jilly Muffin is in charge.  Joy's baby looks huge.  After the last few traumatic births this family has had I'm surprised these girls even want to get pregnant again.

Refering to Italized portion...They've been brought up to believe they don't have choice or that choosing to abstain is chosing Satan and rejecting Jesus. Those beliefs are hard to shake especially with mom and dad still very much a part of their lives. Neither JB/Michelle Duggar nor Kelly/Gil Bates would accept that any of their children choose to stop after a couple of babies. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Refering to Italized portion...They've been brought up to believe they don't have choice or that choosing to abstain is chosing Satan and rejecting Jesus. Those beliefs are hard to shake especially with mom and dad still very much a part of their lives. Neither JB/Michelle Duggar nor Kelly/Gil Bates would accept that any of their children choose to stop after a couple of babies. 

And now the disgusting parents have the added hammer of arguing that a halt to babeez means a halt to TeeVee and thus a halt to any appreciable income. With God and mammon both on the 'rents' side, it'd be even harder for the younger generations to change course.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

And now the disgusting parents have the added hammer of arguing that a halt to babeez means a halt to TeeVee and thus a halt to any appreciable income. With God and mammon both on the 'rents' side, it'd be even harder for the younger generations to change course.

I'be often thought this...and if they weren't on tv, they would at LEAST have more go the Jinger/Jeremy route of waiting a year or so to conceive. I think they all push to have a baby right away for teevee, but it's so shortsighted. How do they plan to support these kids when teevee is gone?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I'be often thought this...and if they weren't on tv, they would at LEAST have more go the Jinger/Jeremy route of waiting a year or so to conceive. I think they all push to have a baby right away for teevee, but it's so shortsighted. How do they plan to support these kids when teevee is gone?

Joy was 6 when they filmed the first special. They have been on TV a very long time. At this point they do assume that TLC will keep filming them.

• Love 15
58 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Joy was 6 when they filmed the first special. They have been on TV a very long time. At this point they do assume that TLC will keep filming them.

At this point, it's probably difficult for many of them - particularly the younger ones (and that would certainly include Joy at the very least) to imagine that there is a world outside of TLC...Even the ones who realize on some level that these things don't just go on indefinitely must have a hard time actually picturing it...

• Love 12
10 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I hope Joy and Austin are smart enough to say, hey, first baby, Joy's water broke, she's like 7 minute contractions - we're off to the hospital!  That would be a huge sigh of relief for both Joy and the baby.

Reality: "Call Jill! Fill the birthing pool!"

• Love 14