Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Jessa only went four days over with both kids, and that would put Joy due tomorrow. 

eta: We don't know how late - or if she was late at all - Jill was with Sammy. They just gave a vague due date, obviously to fend off all the criticism they got the first time. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

She could have already had the baby but are waiting until tomorrow to announce so as to coincide with the show premiere.

That's what I think.  I agree with whoever (whomever?) posted that it's a good thing 2018 is not a leap year.  A February 29th birth would confuse the shit out of her.

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa only went four days over with both kids, and that would put Joy due tomorrow. 

So Joy could easily still be pregnant. 

My point was having the baby and keeping a secret for a while will only add fuel to the silly rumors already surrounding Joy.

Also most of the mothers I know would consider going four days over a big deal. 

Edited by Temperance
10 minutes ago, Temperance said:

My point was having the baby and keeping a secret for a while will only add fuel to the silly rumors already surrounding Joy.

I went a week over with my first...I'm honestly not sure anyone would consider four days overdue a big deal outside of the fact that they had pretty much been ready to get the baby OUT for a good few weeks already by that point. But it's certainly not as though they were not prepared that it might very well be a good week past the "due date"

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I'm thinking she's still pregnant. Most babies aren't born on their due date. And first babies are often late.

• Love 10

Being uneducated ( thanks Michelle) they may not realize how the human body works and the dangers an overdue baby can cause.  I doubt Michelle sat the girls down and explained the whole sexual process from the wedding night, conception and what happens to the body during pregnancy and childbirth..and even worse..she probably never told the girls about male puberty.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I hope the first "newborn" pic of the baby makes him appear to be at least a month old - beefy and obviously all accustomed to life outside the womb. I rather enjoy the cloud of suspicion that is hanging over the proceedings right now, heh. 

I know it's a little mean but screw it. The kid will probably never know there was any doubt, and if he does he won't believe his mother was anything other than pure as the driven snow when she got married anyway. Joy is too dumb and detached to care, and if it bothers Austin, good. There is something about him I don't like anyway.

The person who will really be bothered by rumors that just won't go away will be Jim Bob. The thought of him simmering with anger over his daughter's virtue being impugned tickles me. I want to see him try to subtly issue a denial because you know he'll just make it worse! 

Even the developmentally delayed, which Joy isn't, are capable of having their feelings hurt and being upset. Joy isn't so dumb that she would be unaffected if she happened to find out that people are gossiping behind her back and essentially making fun of her. 

I wouldn't put it past Austin to be the kind of husband who isn't bothered by his wife's feelings being hurt because it didn't affect his own. 

• Love 12

I've found all the she was obviously much farther along than she said fairly distasteful especially considering her background so I'm on the train of I'm rather glad she's gone overdue.  Four days would be a fine amount of time. 

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Even the developmentally delayed, which Joy isn't, are capable of having their feelings hurt and being upset. Joy isn't so dumb that she would be unaffected if she happened to find out that people are gossiping behind her back and essentially making fun of her. 

I think Joy is well aware that people gossip about her behind her back and make fun of her. She may have been raised in a bubble but she wasn't raised on an entirely different planet. She knows what people say about her family. 

Not that I think she really cares. Of all the kiddults - from Josh to Jana and John David, to Jill, Jessa and Jinger and Joy, I think Joy gives less of a shit than any of them about what people think of or are saying about her. You don't see her on social media posting Internet FU's or trying to prove she's got some kind of a great relationship or demonstrate how "normal" she is or anything else like that.

If there is a honey badger in the bunch, it's Joy. She can take a little snarking about her due date, I'm pretty confident. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The person who will really be bothered by rumors that just won't go away will be Jim Bob. The thought of him simmering with anger over his daughter's virtue being impugned tickles me. I want to see him try to subtly issue a denial because you know he'll just make it worse! 

I always enjoy hearing from people who hate Jim Bob as much as I do. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
On 2/20/2018 at 11:00 AM, SuspiciousMind said:

Okay -- my guess is tomorrow, a girl, first name beginning with an A, middle name will be an already-in-use name from the Duggar side, and the baby will weigh 9 pounds right on the nose.

You didn’t want them to name it after ME, did you? Sorry about your “birthday present.”

• Love 1

A friend of mine gained over 50 lbs while pregnant with her first, baby came out 6 lbs 10 oz 18 inches long. I gained a whopping 18 lbs and gave birth to a 10 lb 1 oz 20.5 inches long monster a week later the old fashioned way without the assistance of pharmaceuticals (not by choice, if I had a choice, I would have been higher as a kite!) . Moral of the story? No matter how big she looks, the baby could still be 'normal' sized---if not, she's gonna need more than Jesus to get it out of her. 

• Love 19
On 2/20/2018 at 2:00 PM, SuspiciousMind said:

Okay -- my guess is tomorrow, a girl, first name beginning with an A, middle name will be an already-in-use name from the Duggar side, and the baby will weigh 9 pounds right on the nose.

I could see them as using an Au name like Aubrey or Autumn for a girl. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

All my rude snark aside ... as it now appears to be getting down to the wire, I do want to say that I wish Joy and her baby a SAFE, easy, successful SAFE delivery.

Did I mention SAFE? 

You go girl! Jessa can go sit on a pin for two weeks and let you have your moment!

Since when did Jessa ever care about upstaging anyone?  The word NEVER comes to mind.  She will announce her next pregnancy as soon as the pee stick is positive.

• Love 2

This family might as well get used to siblings stealing their thunder now. There are 19 siblings. Eventually there are going to be 8-10 people pregnant at the same time as someone else is getting married... or having some other life event. 

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

This family might as well get used to siblings stealing their thunder now. There are 19 siblings. Eventually there are going to be 8-10 people pregnant at the same time as someone else is getting married... or having some other life event. 

Please tell me that by that time all this crap will have ceased being thunder and become simply background noise that's so dull and non-intriguing that nobody's brain even registers it any more. 

Seriously. How the heck much mileage will these idiots be able to get out of the completely unsurprising births of more and more and more babies that they'll raise to be useless ignorant fools just like themselves? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-welcomes-first-child-austin-forsyth/?utm_campaign=peoplemag&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

With that name, I wonder if one of them is a closeted fan of Once Upon a Time or DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. 

Joy Anna looks like she has that same hunched shoulder look that michelle has. I wonder where the baby was born. I can’t tell if that’s a hospital bassinet. 

• Love 4
Just now, Stacey1014 said:

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-welcomes-first-child-austin-forsyth/?utm_campaign=peoplemag&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

With that name, I wonder if one of them is a closeted fan of Once Upon a Time or DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. 

Joy Anna looks like she has that same hunched shoulder look that michelle has. I wonder where the baby was born. I can’t tell if that’s a hospital bassinet. 

Or, or they named him after hotel room bibles!

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Or, or they named him after hotel room bibles!

I expect it's shade to our fallen-away nation that's gone all idolatrous. And a promise that the Duggar/Forsyth we-love-the-rod clan has now given birth to the new generation Gideon that will call all the apostates back to the fold and make war for the Almighty. 

Glad it's another boy. Do the damn cleaning and cooking and babywatching yourself, Joy. Gideon (and, I hope, the next six boys you bear) can spend the time practicing to lead the holy army. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21

I always think Gideon like Criminal Minds, Mandy Patinkin's character. 

(and I cannot imagine giving birth to a 10lb baby! These forums are great for reinforcing my desire to never have a child) Joy looks tired, obviously but happy. I hope they're happy (but knowing they're going to use the Pearl (?) methods on this sweet behemoth baby dampens my happiness for them) 

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

(and I cannot imagine giving birth to a 10lb baby! These forums are great for reinforcing my desire to never have a child) Joy looks tired, obviously but happy. I hope they're happy (but knowing they're going to use the Pearl (?) methods on this sweet behemoth baby dampens my happiness for them) 

Me, too. I'm glad that Joy and baby appear to be safe and healthy. But I have a suspicion that this couple may turn out to be among the most atavistic and fundie-nutty of the whole clan, for some reason. So I'm not inclined to applaud too much as they produce a bunch of children to stifle and do their damnedest to turn into self-righteous jerks. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
17 minutes ago, louannems said:

He has a beautiful round C-section looking head.

Sorry Annb!  Didn't read through!

They look like babies themselves.  I wonder if Jana is standing by to take her new baby home. Oops-I meant nephew home.

• Love 8

Congrats to Joy. He looks like a nice baby and I'm glad a hospital was involved, somehow. 

I'm sure Jess is googling pretentious names and practicing saying "It might be twins, tune in and see!" in front of the mirror as a tactical response.

PS - Joy, you know you have to feed him every day, right?

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Please tell me that by that time all this crap will have ceased being thunder and become simply background noise that's so dull and non-intriguing that nobody's brain even registers it any more. 

Seriously. How the heck much mileage will these idiots be able to get out of the completely unsurprising births of more and more and more babies that they'll raise to be useless ignorant fools just like themselves? 

Probably. I think as we get closer to the middle pack it'll die off, but come back into focus when it's Jordyn/Josie time because it'll be the last of them or when Jana does something I can see people paying attention. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Me, too. I'm glad that Joy and baby appear to be safe and healthy. But I have a suspicion that this couple may turn out to be among the most atavistic and fundie-nutty of the whole clan, for some reason. So I'm not inclined to applaud too much as they produce a bunch of children to stifle and do their damnedest to turn into self-righteous jerks. 

If Joy did need a C-section, that just might prevent them from having too many kids!

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Or Criminal Minds. I will always think of Criminal Minds when I hear the name Gideon.

Glad Joyless and baby Gideon are doing well. 

And, it coming out on the day the show premieres---Joyless may know what she's doing after all.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Glad it's another boy. Do the damn cleaning and cooking and babywatching yourself, Joy. Gideon (and, I hope, the next six boys you bear) can spend the time practicing to lead the holy army. 

The name Gideon makes me think of the goofy youngest brother in Seven Brides For Seven Brothers.  Your comment makes me think that maybe Joy's going use the same plan for naming her seven sons but is working her way backwards.  That means the next one will be Frankincense.  Frankinscense Forsythe has such a lovely ring to it. 

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

I am holding my breath on that one...they may have been raised by the Pearls methods and think they're normal, but the psychological shift ones goes through when it's actually your child may...just may save precious Gideon from being beaten. At least, that is what I want to believe in my head. 

• Love 15