Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Gideon is really cute, but it's a bummer he inherited Austin's nose instead of Joy's. 

Maybe they're just tired and overwhelmed, but I can't get over how they're married with a baby yet still act like they're on an awkward first date. 

• Love 12
On 2/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, lascuba said:

Just going by the women I know, it seems that generally, those with c-sections often get stronger/better pain meds, whereas those with vaginal deliveries--no matter how horrendous the delivery and resulting damage--don't get much meds, because they delivered naturally so they're not thought to need them, which is bullshit. Of course, there are all sorts of variables--first vaginal birth worse than subsequent; c-s earlier in early labor results in much easier recovery versus after hours of pushing; etc.

I was offered strong pain meds with both---one c/s, one vaginal but the difference was length. I never took any after my vaginal birth, but I did after my c/s. I had a 6 weeks supply versus a 3 day supply. I birthed a 10 lbers, 5 stitches. 

• Love 4

My sister is an anesthesiologist who specializes in obstetrics (but does other operations as well.)   She's told me that there's a window for when an epidural can be started in labor but I forgot when it was.  I just hope Joy was able to get one when she needed it.   

• Love 5
7 hours ago, EAG46 said:

My sister is an anesthesiologist who specializes in obstetrics (but does other operations as well.)   She's told me that there's a window for when an epidural can be started in labor but I forgot when it was.  I just hope Joy was able to get one when she needed it.   

I missed that window but got an intrathecal just before transition. Blessed relief. 

• Love 2

Giddyup(love that by the way)doesn't stand a chance with those two idiots for parents. He couldn't look anymore like his dipshit father..I wonder when the beatings will begin?

• Love 5

Can't one of the Duggars follow an obstetrician around for about 15 minutes so that they could perform the next c-section or complicated birth?  Maybe @doodlebug would volunteer.  We all know that's all it takes to be able to do any professional job, if you're a Duggar, although since were talking about actual healthcare, they could follow for about 25 minutes just to be safe.  I guess it would have to be one of the girls, since all the lady parts would be Nike.  

So sad that these kids might actually have hopes and dreams of being doctors, lawyers, nurses, etc., but their stupid parents have prevented them.

• Love 16

The older kids could go out and become what they want to be, but they are too lazy to do the work, plus the lack of good, quality education would be a setback. They have been brainwashed into believing the Duggar way is the only education they need, so why go out in the real world to get a decent education.

Btw, I got an email from twitter saying Joy Anna got her own instragram account. I keep getting messages from twitter about the Duggars. I really could care less about her new account.

17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder if Joy did use the birthing pool at all, and if so, would she have washed her feet first?

Eh, considering how common it is to defecate while pushing out a baby, dirty feet aren't going to make a difference.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I’m hoping that Joy is on horse tranquilizers and they’re making her brain fuzzy and she’s really not that dumb. 

She once said that "Central Americans" waved with their palms facing inward, to explain why Israel was waving that way.

She's barely sentient.

• Love 12

So Joy is excited but doesn't know why? Oh I don't know, maybe it has something to do with that toddler in your arms you just gave birth to. Just a guess. 

I was really hoping that big baby would have leaned up and punched his mom in the face so she would lay off his feet.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Normades said:

Oh goodness, don't say jazz to these people!  They'll start picking on children again!

"Jazz" is also a style of devilish syncopated music associated with marijuana, front hugging, and brown people.   Best steer clear of anything to do with jazz of any kind.

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

So Joy is excited but doesn't know why? Oh I don't know, maybe it has something to do with that toddler in your arms you just gave birth to. Just a guess. 

I was really hoping that big baby would have leaned up and punched his mom in the face so she would lay off his feet.

She's excited because she's been taught that she should be excited about birthing an army for Jesus.

• Love 11
On 2/27/2018 at 9:26 PM, Heathen said:

I didn't take it as a demand -- just Famy being her usual idiot self. Anyway, surely she knows one can't demand a baby be a specific gender. 

Thanks to (?) medical advances, you can choose a gender.  If you undergo IVF and the gender selection process, you get your wish.  Chrissy Teigen has been very vocal in their decision to have a male embryo implanted for this pregnancy since they had a girl first, which was chosen using the same process.

Famy is just being Famy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cdp73 said:

Joy sounds so uneducated in this video.  She seems to have no passion for anything and is just la-dee-dahing through life.

Well unlike what she saw growing up, MeChelle passing a baby when she wanted nothing to do with it, Joyless was hit with the reality that this is her baby and there is no one to dump the baby on.

• Love 9

A newborn baby eats and sleeps a lot. Who knew?

Also, the kids is a few days old and she wants him to sleep the entire night already?

She sounds like someone who never encountered a baby before. She has several younger siblings and she never learned anything about babies?

• Love 12
5 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I just... what? 

I swear to god, Izzy was waving goodbye and like almost every single baby I've ever known, he was doing it with his palm facing him. Joy--who's so deficient she apparently never noticed the most basic childhood development while surrounded by over a dozen siblings--very earnestly explained to us, the ignorant masses, that he waves that way because that how the Central Americans do it. 

I might hate her more than Jill. 

• Love 6

Ok, I’m developing a huge pet peeve with Joy. She’s talking to the “audience”,  but keeps looking at Austin as if she’s speaking to him, instead of the tv audience. Bugs me so much. If you’re going to be on tv explaining your mundane life then try to at least focus on the camera when you’re explaining the obvious to us.  It’s so rude to look away from the “people” you’re speaking to! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can't hate on stupid. And Joy? She's about as dim of a bulb as they come. 

I can't deal with stupid coupled with confidence. One should be aware of their stupidity and not act like they're any kind of authority on anything. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

Ok, I’m developing a huge pet peeve with Joy. She’s talking to the “audience”,  but keeps looking at Austin as if she’s speaking to him, instead of the tv audience. Bugs me so much. If you’re going to be on tv explaining your mundane life then try to at least focus on the camera when you’re explaining the obvious to us.  It’s so rude to look away from the “people” you’re speaking to! 

But she was TAUGHT to speak to her "headship" first, the TV camera second. They can't ALL be Jessa.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I can't deal with stupid coupled with confidence. One should be aware of their stupidity and not act like they're any kind of authority on anything. 

I don't think she's confident at all. She looks to her headship for everything. She's insecure as hell. Good luck with that baby you have, Joy. You're going to need it. 

• Love 9

I'm just going to throw this out there, as someone who never believed the Joy and Austin broke the courtship rules rumors...that seems to be a particularly alert and active "<1 week old" baby .When I look at that kid, he seems very...3-4 weeks old, and I'm not talking size, I'm talking activity and alertness. But I am not a doctor and  haven't spent a day watching one, so that makes me not a Duggar expert.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think she's confident at all. She looks to her headship for everything. She's insecure as hell. Good luck with that baby you have, Joy. You're going to need it. 

I meant specifically that Central America comment. She was so sure of herself in her utter stupidity that I wanted to punch her. There was also that person on reddit recently who claimed to know the family and said that Joy was the most vocally conservative and constantly goes on about evolution, etc. which matches my biases perfectly so she's now in the top five on my most hated Duggar list. 

• Love 6

As a follower, I can see her as a huge Kool Aid swallower. I doubt she will ever cut her hair or wear pants, aside from yoga pants under skirts while exercising. If she has time to exercise anymore, that is. Their place is 45 minutes out from the TTH, so it will be harder to get sister aunts out there to help her. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

I'm just going to throw this out there, as someone who never believed the Joy and Austin broke the courtship rules rumors...that seems to be a particularly alert and active "<1 week old" baby .When I look at that kid, he seems very...3-4 weeks old, and I'm not talking size, I'm talking activity and alertness. But I am not a doctor and  haven't spent a day watching one, so that makes me not a Duggar expert.

For some reason the video says unavailable when I click it so I can't speak for Giddy's alertness...I have thought it's awfully convenient they had such a huge baby, what was it exactly one day (???) after the window of them being married at conception. He's definitely too little/young either way to fit the changed the wedding date narrative but I think they cut it pretty close. (Spoken as the child of someone born exactly 9 months and one week after their parents' wedding, and parent with only one child out of a lot conceived and born within a marriage so no judgement either way)

The Forsyth family posted congratulations on the camp Facebook page. I can’t copy and paste it, but it said BEHIND a reasonable doubt they will make great parents, instead of beyond. I realize it could have been autocorrect, but found it really funny. Facebook posts can be edited after posting so I guess they didn’t notice, or that’s what they actually meant.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, lascuba said:

You've met my brother-in-law? 

• Love 24
10 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

When I look at that kid, he seems very...3-4 weeks old, and I'm not talking size, I'm talking activity and alertness.

Babies vary in their alertness and movement level.  My daughter's first was pretty quiet, but the second one was looking around and demanding she be held in certain positions by her second day.  She was much, much more alert than Joy's baby while her firstborn was about on the same level as Gideon.

• Love 14

So Austin wanted a baby so that he could take someone to work with him (???) and teach him all the things HE likes to do. How arrogant. Can’t he meet some dudes at work and go hubtin’ and fishin’ with them on the weekends like normal people?  It feels incredibly selfish to say you only brought a kid into the world to make a child sized version of yourself.

Joy...oh Joy.  She can’t say WHY she’s excited because she’s not. Austin told her they were going to have a baby right away, so she did.

• Love 21
7 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Who really cares if they did the car seat mambo before the wedding?  The real issue is that they will hide behind their stupid courtship rules and deny, deny, deny.  Because it’s not the truth of the matter that will set them free, it’s denial. And image. Because that’s what matters in the end.  As long as they look to the outside world that they are adhering to the facade of purity, and can sell their off-kilter Christianity, that’s all that matters. 

THIS is why I am untroubled about the rumors persisting into the future. Anything that can possibly diminish the glow of the halos over the heads of the Duggars is fine by me!  

• Love 6
15 hours ago, lascuba said:

In a lot of cases, stupid-plus-confidence really makes me furious. In this case, though, I don't think Joy's had much chance to find out that things aren't like she expects. Plus the Dunning-Kruger effect is clearly at work here. She doesn't have any basis for an accurate judgment, either from her external or internal experience, I think. Possibly she never will. It's a disaster. And then she'll homeschool kids. Yikes. 

I couldn't watch confident stupid people on television, though. If I did, I'd throw the TeeVee through the window in short order, I expect. 

19 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Well unlike what she saw growing up, MeChelle passing a baby when she wanted nothing to do with it, Joyless was hit with the reality that this is her baby and there is no one to dump the baby on.

Yeah, and just wait a few months. Joy probably never saw Meeechelle hold a kid over six months old. That'll be a totally new concept to Soon-to-be-Totally-Joyless. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

So Austin wanted a baby so that he could take someone to work with him (???) and teach him all the things HE likes to do. How arrogant. Can’t he meet some dudes at work and go hubtin’ and fishin’ with them on the weekends like normal people?  

Too much risk that those people would embrace an incorrect theology. .... As if Austin has the brains to know what a theology is.... I'm sure he's quite positive that he does know, though. 

• Love 4