Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, and just wait a few months. Joy probably never saw Meeechelle hold a kid over six months old. That'll be a totally new concept to Soon-to-be-Totally-Joyless. 

I watched that video (I have no idea why) and thought something similar. Joy doesn't know why she's "happy" to have a baby -- probably because she isn't, really. Like her sisters, I think Joy was kind of enjoying being out of the house, and having some attention paid to her, and getting some physical affection. Now, she has a baby, and she has -- literally -- no idea what to do with him. And, of course, this is only the beginning. In 5-10 years, they'll have a house stuffed full of kids that they can barely afford to feed, and they'll look back with fondness on that TWO MONTHS of their marriage where they didn't have any kids and, at least didn't know that one was on the way.

• Love 21

Two months? Given her due date, she conceived 6 days into her marriage. Six. 

S far she wins the fastest to procreate award. It took Jilly Muffin 10 whole days to get knocked up.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Two months? Given her due date, she conceived 6 days into her marriage. Six. 

S far she wins the fastest to procreate award. It took Jilly Muffin 10 whole days to get knocked up.

I meant that she didn't know she was pregnant for two months. I'm not sure how long it takes for a pee-stick test to show positive -- it used to be that you had to be 8 weeks along to know for sure, but perhaps it takes less time now. 

There was a tiny window of time when she was just a teenage girl, out of the house for the first time, hanging out with her first boyfriend, and maybe having some fun.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

You can test as early as three weeks after your period. They knew she was pregnant when they taped that after show around  June 20th, which was between Switzerland and Israel.

In this particular case, I find that tremendously sad.

For most other American families, this would be a sad story -- a young girl pregnant too soon and unlikely to complete her education. In the (likely) event that her husband turns out to be an asshole, she won't be able to leave the marriage because she'll have no skills, education, or work history.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The Forsyth family posted congratulations on the camp Facebook page. I can’t copy and paste it, but it said BEHIND a reasonable doubt they will make great parents, instead of beyond. I realize it could have been autocorrect, but found it really funny. Facebook posts can be edited after posting so I guess they didn’t notice, or that’s what they actually meant.

I looked it up, and the post didn't use the word "reasonable," which is a good thing because that's criminal justice language! But I still think it's hilarious that they said "behind any doubt." Wouldn't most people just say "without a doubt" in that context?

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Their place is 45 minutes out from the TTH, so it will be harder to get sister aunts out there to help her. 

Wow, it is? That's a hike. I'm surprised they didn't buy something closer, unless Austin didn't want to spend every waking minute at the TTH. It sucks for Joy though, because as you said, 45 minutes isn't exactly a quick hop for Jana to come over and help. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, it is? That's a hike. I'm surprised they didn't buy something closer, unless Austin didn't want to spend every waking minute at the TTH. It sucks for Joy though, because as you said, 45 minutes isn't exactly a quick hop for Jana to come over and help. 

Joy and Austin live about 20 minutes from the Fort Rock Family Camp where they sometimes work in the family business his parents own.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Joy...oh Joy.  She can’t say WHY she’s excited because she’s not. Austin told her they were going to have a baby right away, so she did.

Joy is only excited because she had a boy and that's what Austin wanted. He has they boy he always wanted on the first try and Joy is happy she was able to do that for him. She almost kept looking over at him for an approval and got happy when he gave her a "you done good" look. After watching the premiere and hearing them talk about babies I can tell she'll follow in her mother's footsteps and will be pregnant before the year ends. She's so dumb and clueless, I can't wait until the reality of that hits her in the face.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Joy is only excited because she had a boy and that's what Austin wanted. He has they boy he always wanted on the first try and Joy is happy she was able to do that for him. She almost kept looking over at him for an approval and got happy when he gave her a "you done good" look. After watching the premiere and hearing them talk about babies I can tell she'll follow in her mother's footsteps and will be pregnant before the year ends. She's so dumb and clueless, I can't wait until the reality of that hits her in the face.

She was in Jill's buddy group or team so we all know where she gets it from. I say Joy and Austin will become the next Jill and Derick minus the constant twitter posts, bad dental work, or going to another country to save the heathen evil Catholics.

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Joy and Austin live about 20 minutes from the Fort Rock Family Camp where they sometimes work in the family business his parents own.  

Just curious: What town do they live in? 

The mailing address is Fayetteville, but they are in the Elkins school district. Not that school districts will matter, but I wanted to illustrate that they sit on the border of the two towns.

• Love 1

Their listing is so weird. The mailing address is Fayetteville, but the actual address is listed as Elkins. I livie on a city border, and know the pain of not getting your kids into the better school district, even though that city owns the fucking STREET (up to the sidewalk on our side of the street). Address autofill also gives the city on whose street we sit, as do half our bills, even though all of the utility poles and panels are squarely in the city on THIS side of the sidewalk. I've acutally had some pretty funny interactions with people over where I acutally live through the years. 

But back to the Forsyths. Should Joy find homeschooling to be too taxing, and they just keep building onto this property (they're on about an acre), her kids would go to Elkins schools. 

• Love 2

Oh that sounds so frustrating! I live in a rural county in NW Arkansas. Our address is the nearest town, but our phone number is different than a "town" number. On our county road, some of our neighbors are in a different voting precinct than we are. It's weird. 

I honestly don't remember how my uncle's address was when he was in Elkins. I never mailed him anything and was always with family who drove anytime we visited, so not sure if he had an Elkins address or not.  He lived outside of town, so that might make it different for him. I will say that I always thought Elkins and the surrounding area (especially Wesley) was really pretty. Always enjoyed the drive down there. 

(edited)
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, and just wait a few months. Joy probably never saw Meeechelle hold a kid over six months old. That'll be a totally new concept to Soon-to-be-Totally-Joyless. 

That's exactly what I was thinking.  J'chelle passed a baby on at 6 months and started working on making a new blessing, so I can see Joy on the 6 month day looking around confused as to what is she suppose to do with the baby now?  Does she give it to Jana? but Jana's not there?  Umm, Austin where do we put the baby now?  And them him finally realizing what he's got himself up and stuck with for the rest of his life.

Edited by DragonFaerie
grammar
  • Love 14

It largely depends what post office they get their mail from.  We get our mail from City A, so that is our city of record.  However, we actually live in City B.  Our neighborhood was annexed back in the 90’s and our new city did not want to take over our mail services.

• Love 2
(edited)

That sounds like the situation with the Forsyths. Fayetteville is obviously much bigger than Elkins and can probably deliver to a larger radius of residences. 

In my situation, the same mail truck delivers to both sides of the street, but we're not out in the sticks like the Forsyths are. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.  J'chelle passed a baby on at 6 months and started working on making a new blessing, so I can see Joy on the 6 month day looking around confused as to what is she suppose to do with the baby now?  Does she give it to Jana? but Jana's not there?  Umm, Austin where do we put the baby now?  And them him finally realizing what he's got himself up and stuck with for the rest of his life.

giphy.gif

Actual footage of Joy when Gideon hits the 6-month mark.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Their listing is so weird. The mailing address is Fayetteville, but the actual address is listed as Elkins. I livie on a city border, and know the pain of not getting your kids into the better school district, even though that city owns the fucking STREET (up to the sidewalk on our side of the street). Address autofill also gives the city on whose street we sit, as do half our bills, even though all of the utility poles and panels are squarely in the city on THIS side of the sidewalk. I've acutally had some pretty funny interactions with people over where I acutally live through the years. 

But back to the Forsyths. Should Joy find homeschooling to be too taxing, and they just keep building onto this property (they're on about an acre), her kids would go to Elkins schools. 

Ha! We're in a similar situation...our street twists and turns, and only juts into our town in a few places on our side of the street. Property taxes are about a third cheaper in the other town. And they take their town lines seriously...there have been a couple of times when Mr. Jyn was driving behind a snow plow on his way back from work, and it would stop to raise and lower the plow as they wove between one town and the other!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

You can test as early as three weeks after your period. They knew she was pregnant when they taped that after show around  June 20th, which was between Switzerland and Israel.

Actually you can test as early as 8 days after ovulation which is even before the period is due.  My daughter knew she was pregnant that early with most of hers.  Not everyone will have a test turn that early, but that's one reason the Duggars use so many pregnancy tests.  Why bother to wait until they are late if they can find out sooner?  My daughter had a medical reason to test early and was told to do so by her doctor, but I'm sure the Duggars just want to know the first second that they can. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Yup, hospital pics are GONE-ZO. Since I can still get in, no changes of access for me, but I guess this means we can't post from her page any longer. Too bad; she is a fount of Duggar information. 

However, I think some tabloids saw them, so they're still out there. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Lunera said:

I read that Amy deleted all the hospital pictures of Joy she posted on her IG. She also made her page private. 

Finally the Duggars were able to silence parasite Amy.  Good work, Duggars!  My guess is that Amy's marriage is on the rocks by now anyway, so she needs to avoid social media and find a way to earn a living. She is, after all, 31-years-old and has never had a steady job.

• Love 3
On 3/4/2018 at 1:38 AM, PinkyCupcake said:

giphy.gif

Actual footage of Joy when Gideon hits the 6-month mark.

Actually - here's the 3 month mark. God help us if she forgets to buy groceries.

giphy.gif

• Love 4

Joy's moment was stolen at her own wedding by her brother, Joe, when he proposed to Kendra.

Now after birthing a 10 lb. ginormous baby, she gets the spotlight for an entire week, until brother Josiah proposes to Lauren.  Why can't it be Jessa's spotlight getting stolen ?  

• Love 8

Jessa and Jill are married with 2 kids. Their spotlight is gone until they're in the double digits of baby making.

And Joy wouldn't know a spotlight that was shining in her face. She lives in a happy little Joy bubble and probably doesn't think beyond the moment that she's in.

• Love 11

I agree that Joy really doesn't care about having the spotlight on her. Honestly, I don't think many any of the Duggars do except for JB, Michelle, and Jill, and after two kids and her Central America freakout I think Jill's over it. 

I don't think Jessa ever liked the spotlight so much as she sees it as a job to keep the bills paid. 

• Love 6
On 3/2/2018 at 8:14 PM, cmr2014 said:

Joy sounds uneducated because she is uneducated. She seems to have no passion for anything because she has no passion for anything.

Sad because Joy used to be Joyful when she was little

• Love 7
(edited)

Did I hear Joy say' "he's just a baby" and Austin said "he's OUR baby." Such strange comments.

I don't think Joy is really happy. It's all fun and games til the baby is your responsibility 24/7.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 17
42 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Did I hear Joy saw' "he's just a baby" and Austin said "he's OUR baby." Such strange comments.

I don't think Joy is really happy. It's all fun and games til the baby is your responsibility 24/7.

For all we joke about Jana doing things - Johanna and jenny are getting 'old'. They're gonna be raising that kid. 

• Love 8
On March 1, 2018 at 10:21 PM, EAG46 said:

My sister is an anesthesiologist who specializes in obstetrics (but does other operations as well.)   She's told me that there's a window for when an epidural can be started in labor but I forgot when it was.  I just hope Joy was able to get one when she needed it.   

For me, that window was just about to close when I was dilated to 8. I had been in back labor for close to 36 hours so the idea of getting a giant needle in my back scared the s*** out of me. But when the nurse told me it was my last chance, the primal part of my brain took over and I said "GIVE ME THE SHOT!!! I was so exhausted at that point from so many hours of back pain, I couldn't wrap my mind around the thought of a little human body coming through my vajajay. Once the shot kicked in, I kept saying "I should have asked for it sooner!" Live and learn :-)

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/5/2018 at 5:16 AM, JoanArc said:
On 3/3/2018 at 10:38 PM, PinkyCupcake said  :Actual footage of Joy when Gideon hits the 6-month mark.Itit

Since that's when the babies were handed off, Joy should have a better idea of how to parent from 6 months on, then for the 1st 6 months when her littler siblings were hidden under "My Breast Friend".

On 3/3/2018 at 10:38 PM, PinkyCupcake said  :Actual footage of Joy when Gideon hits the 6-month mark.Itit

I think, @Fuzzysox, is right. The realization that she's responsible for this little guy 24/7 is going to be her biggest Joy-killer. With any luck, since Austin doesn't have a million kids, they'll space theirs out and keep it reasonable. Not holding my breath, but I can envision Joy having her own laundry room meltdown if she ends up with 4 kids under 4.

Did I hear Joy say' "he's just a baby" and Austin said "he's OUR baby." Such strange comments.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 4

Joy was number 1 in Austoon's eyes for about a year...now she is a firm number 2 and will get lower in the pecking order the more kids she unzips from her C section scar....

Babies have no allure or evoke any sense of wonder for Joy ...babies have always been around to take care of like any other household chore she was assigned....

• Love 15
On 3/3/2018 at 4:14 PM, cmr2014 said:

I'm not sure how long it takes for a pee-stick test to show positive -- it used to be that you had to be 8 weeks along to know for sure, but perhaps it takes less time now

I just felt certain that we’d conceived the by the morning after, and had a positive pee-stick test before my period was even due, so within two weeks of conception. I really didn’t expect it to show positive at that point, but I was just, so, sure and I had a two-pack, so... Baby will be 23 very soon. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Joy was number 1 in Austoon's eyes for about a year...now she is a firm number 2 and will get lower in the pecking order the more kids she unzips from her C section scar....

Is there any confirmation that Joy had a c-section?  I know Famy put out the hospital pics, so we know she was there.  Just wondering.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Normades said:

Is there any confirmation that Joy had a c-section?  I know Famy put out the hospital pics, so we know she was there.  Just wondering.

I thought the general consensus around here was that she had a vaginal birth?  Based on the fact that she was home rather quickly after the birth.  Plus one of the pictures of her in the hospital had her sitting indian style holding the baby.  I can attest that that would not be possible if she had a c section.

• Love 5

No sure how Giddyup appeared on the earth... either on the C section train or out of his mom's vagoogle (shout out to the spring Melissa  McCarthy movie ) but Joy is acting hard to show any emotions for  "the baby" that Austoon loves more than her... for now and forever....

• Love 5

People ran a story about Joy giving birth in the hospital using the photo Amy took of Joy nursing. There is no new information, and while the article says she gave birth in hospital, they don't know if Joy gave birth there or was transported to the hospital post-birth.  Instead, the majority of the article discusses the risk of giving birth at home.  The author missed an opportunity to discuss Israel's birth and Jessa being transported to the hospital. I would be royally pissed at Amy if I was Joy right now.

http://people.com/health/joy-anna-duggar-delivered-hospital-home-birth-risks/    

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Hell, I was 30 when I had my first baby and even I had moments of "I have no idea what to do with this baby."  Hubby and I were married six years when we had our first baby. I adore my kids and wouldn't change anything, but I look back at some of the "freedoms" we had as a double-income, no kids family and think about those years (of vacations, disposable income, sleeping in, & how quiet our home was) fondly.  Poor Joy doesn't know what to do in the life she now has as a mom & wife and also doesn't know what she's missed out on.  How sad. Shame on her family.

That's the feeling I get from all of these photos -- how sad. 

With Anna and Jill, I get the sense that they are excited about having children. I think that Anna and Jessa have some natural parenting ability. With them, I can think that it may not be what I would have wanted for myself, or for my children, but they seem happy enough. Joy just makes me sad. It may be that she's really thrilled to have a baby and is genuinely looking forward to being a baby-oven for life -- maybe she just doesn't have a naturally expressive face -- but I'm not feeling it.

• Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, Temperance said:

They're not at a hospital in the photos, except maybe that one photo of the baby. If she had been in a hospital, they would probably not have released her until yesterday the 25th. I say probably, because in some states it's legal for hospitals to send a woman home before 48hours (Not in New York, Alabama etc. I'm not sure where it is legal and where it is not.)

The laws for length of stay after giving birth are national, not local.  However, they only apply to hospitals and insurance companies.  A woman cannot be discharged against her will in less than 48 hours after a vaginal birth or 96 hours after a cesarean.  However, if a woman wants to go home sooner and her caregiver clears her medically, she can leave at anytime after giving birth. The hospitals where I practice require a 6 hour stay postpartum; so a discharge can be written anytime after that.  There are women who are ready and able to leave very quickly, even after a cesarean; usually not in 6 hours; but I have voluntarily discharged women 1 or 2 days later if they had good support at home including another adult present 24/7.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The laws for length of stay after giving birth are national, not local.  However, they only apply to hospitals and insurance companies.  A woman cannot be discharged against her will in less than 48 hours after a vaginal birth or 96 hours after a cesarean.  However, if a woman wants to go home sooner and her caregiver clears her medically, she can leave at anytime after giving birth. The hospitals where I practice require a 6 hour stay postpartum; so a discharge can be written anytime after that.  There are women who are ready and able to leave very quickly, even after a cesarean; usually not in 6 hours; but I have voluntarily discharged women 1 or 2 days later if they had good support at home including another adult present 24/7.

This reminds me of Kate Middleton. She popped out baby Charlotte, slapped on some heels and walked out of that hospital like a stork brought that baby a few hours after birth. 

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, HooHooHoo said:

And then there are people like me. I stayed as long as I could. People HELP you there.  Well, I had my husband at home, but I loved those nurses!  And then with my subsequent children, I had other little people at home that wanted me to get out of bed and play!  Maybe if I was a princess and had a staff...

Ha ha, this was me too.  My doctor offered to discharge me on day 2  but I declined.  Nobody letting me stay in bed all day and serving me meals in bed at home! 

I did feel a little guilty and went home on day 3 though. 

• Love 13
On 3/7/2018 at 5:29 PM, birkenstock said:

People ran a story about Joy giving birth in the hospital using the photo Amy took of Joy nursing. There is no new information, and while the article says she gave birth in hospital, they don't know if Joy gave birth there or was transported to the hospital post-birth.  Instead, the majority of the article discusses the risk of giving birth at home.  The author missed an opportunity to discuss Israel's birth and Jessa being transported to the hospital. I would be royally pissed at Amy if I was Joy right now.

http://people.com/health/joy-anna-duggar-delivered-hospital-home-birth-risks/    

If that’s Amy’s photo, People needed a license to run it. Who here thinks Amy gave it away for free? 

• Love 5