Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Consider me a conspiracy theorist who thinks the baby is already here, and that's the reason for the radio silence. Then they'll play a little game where they show us a few newborn pics, and not much else until about thanksgiving maybe. Anytime we see joy, she'll have a giant blanket or something where we can't see the baby. ?

They'd only be silent if there were birth defects or complications, etc.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Hard to conceal a birth, it’s also sort of criminal. And some hillbilly would have leaked it. 

HIPAA would keep medical providers from leaking it. They could probably get away with it. If this is their way of concealing a true shotgun wedding the truth will come out, eventually.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

HIPAA would keep medical providers from leaking it. They could probably get away with it. If this is their way of concealing a true shotgun wedding the truth will come out, eventually.

Failure to register a live birth is probably way more serious than hipaa. Plus, if a yokel midwife was involved, no way could she keep her maw shut. 

Joy was always chunky, let’s not pretend. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

First of all, I assumed someone would have leaked would apply to friends and family. They have dozens of relatives and their friends. Second of all from the last picture was a few weeks ago. If she had a baby since then, it would impossible to know if it was early or on-time. I think they had always scheduled the wedding for when it was held and the other date was a placeholder to throw off the press. 

Judging from her sisters' births, medical professionals might not even be involved. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

First of all, I assumed someone would have leaked would apply to friends and family. They have dozens of relatives and their friends. Second of all from the last picture was a few weeks ago. If she had a baby since then, it would impossible to know if it was early or on-time. I think they had always scheduled the wedding for when it was held and the other date was a placeholder to throw off the press. 

Judging from her sisters' births, medical professionals might not even be involved. 

Oh no don’t you know she’s using the world-famous doctor Dr. Jill Unmedicine Woman ?

• Love 6
On 1/16/2018 at 6:17 PM, Westiepeach said:

Ok. Forgive me for my ignorance ... but if it was JD’s birthday “party,” ... um, shouldn’t Jana have been there as well? Since they are twins and all ...

My immediate thought to this was "they're not conjoined twins, for pity sakes!" 

I'm not even a twin, but my sister was born on my third birthday. I was never allowed to celebrate my birthday alone...it was always a joint party and a shared cake. Oops..guess that's still a sore spot with me, and I'm 65 years old.  

Topic? Let the adult twins have their own damn "party" if they want to. ?

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Hard to conceal a birth, it’s also sort of criminal. And some hillbilly would have leaked it. 

They went thirteen years without anyone leaking Josh's molestation secret, even though a lot of people knew about it! I'd put nothing past them. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 9

You have to registrar with car auctions and pay a yearly fee in order to purchase cars there, so Joy was probably registered as a Duggar and that's the way the name tag prints out. More auctions are tightening up on who can go into the lanes during bidding hence the driver/guest name tag on Austin. 

Cars drive slowly through the lanes for hours - not a place for a pregnant woman to be, as I'm guessing inhaling car exhaust is not healthy for the unborn baby.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Is she trying to prove she didn't get pregnant before the wedding? Maybe it's a fake belly. lol Just joking. 

Lol, Babyhouseman.  Joy isn't a good enough actress to fake how tired she looks.  Poor kid.  

• Love 5

These days Joy is probably happy working alongside the new hubby, just like she was a happy tomboy playing with her brothers.  Wait until she has three little ones and has to stay home all day and be the little housewife while Austin does the important men's work.  I don't see cooking, cleaning, and childcare a recipe for happiness for Joy.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I'm not even a twin, but my sister was born on my third birthday. I was never allowed to celebrate my birthday alone...it was always a joint party and a shared cake. Oops..guess that's still a sore spot with me, and I'm 65 years old.  

I guess I feel differently but understand since you & your sister shared the same birthday. I was my sister's birthday present when she was 5. I was born a day before her birthday.  Even tho we shared a family party, we each had our own birthday celebration which usually consisted of inviting a friend to the movies, nothing big.  I really can't imagine what it would be like not celebrating with each other, even 55 years later, almost 56.  My sister is my everything now that my health isn't great.  

Well I do have to add my sister wasn't thrilled I was born a day before her when we kids. She liked being the first birthday of the year in our family. 

• Love 6

Oddly, as big as Joy looked early on in her pregnancy, she doesn't actually look a whole lot bigger here...I keep comparing her to my daughter who is due about a month after she is. My daughter was barely showing up until she got close to six months, but now the "bump" is inflating like a beachball by the day, it seems, whereas Joy was looking pretty big before even getting into her second trimester, but on this photo she doesn't appear to have that big forward-facing bump that one would expect on someone who is ready to pop. In fact, she doesn't look much different than some women might who have recently given birth but gained quite a bit of weight in the process... I know every mother, and every pregnancy is unique and how one woman carries has nothing to do with another, but there's just SUCH a difference in this case...

• Love 10
11 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

My mom would agree with you. My mom's birthday was the day after her brother's and they always had to share a birthday party. Their parents loved it and thought it was so much fun and so cool their birthdays were so close. My mom and her brother both hated it. They didn't want to share, he didn't want his little sister's friends at his birthday party, and she didn't want his friends at her birthday party, and could never agree on an activity for their birthday party because they always wanted different things. They could never understand why they couldn't have their own party a week a part or something.   

• Love 8
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

My mom would agree with you. My mom's birthday was the day after her brother's and they always had to share a birthday party. Their parents loved it and thought it was so much fun and so cool their birthdays were so close. My mom and her brother both hated it. They didn't want to share, he didn't want his little sister's friends at his birthday party, and she didn't want his friends at her birthday party, and could never agree on an activity for their birthday party because they always wanted different things. They could never understand why they couldn't have their own party a week a part or something.   

One of my close friends is a twin and she told me her parents always made separate cakes for her and her sister and made whatever they wanted for dinner on their birthday, even if it meant making two completely different meals. They had joint parties when they were younger, but as they got older, they would do different activities with friends instead of a party, like one might choose roller skating and the other swimming. My friend says that she really appreciated this because as identical twins, they were so frequently lumped together.

Now that i I have identical twin daughters, I have done the same thing for them. They will be 13 in two weeks. One wants to go see "A Wrinkle in Time", which is perfect because it comes out after their birthday, and the other daughter hasn't decided what she wants to do yet.

Wouldn't it be so precious and neat if Joy's baby is born today?

• Love 14

My sister was born on Valentine's Day with a head full of hair.  After the nurse cleaned her up, she presented her to my mom with a cute red bow in her hair and said, "Here's your Valentine!".

But my mom had five C-sections and she planned all but the first date.  I was born on my Grandma and my aunt's (and Princess Di's) birthdays.

I agree that Joy doesn't look much bigger than her first trimester!  She must really have been bloated then!

• Love 6
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No clue when she’s actually due, but keep in mind pictures they take are not always posted right away.

I still want to know why the house tour was removed.

I bet it’s something fairly innocent like TLC is planning on featuring the renovation as Joy and Austin’s storyline this season and didn’t want it “spoiled” by the Instagram video.  Austin seems like a creep, but outside of privacy concerns that the Duggars have never really cared about, there aren’t really any other reasons to pull the video.

Joy looks like she’s bounded in by some heavy duty maternity pants.  Earlier in the pregnancy she didn’t seem like she was wearing anything that restricted the belly.  Now she is.  She’s also got the look like the baby is sitting more up and down vs back towards the spine.  Hopefully it’s all fluid and she’s not popping out a 10 pound baby at home.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Is it odd that Joy seems to be the only Duggar so far not joking about twins or triplets?  Curious, discuss among yourselves!

Because she missed the Marketing Exploitation lesson from Jessa at the School of the Dining Room Table?

• Love 17
11 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Geez, someone buy the girl a better bra!

Just think how much bigger her boobage will be when she has the kid, and is breastfeeding.

I speak from experience.  My D cup bra probably was an H cup when my daughter was nursing.  Back in the early 80's, it was really hard to find bras for huge boobs.  None of the nursing bras available then, fit well.  

I agree that Joy looks very tired in the photo.  To think that all she has to look forward to, is endless babies, makes me sad for her.  I don't believe she'll get any help from Mr. Headship.

• Love 7

So, Joy is about to pop any day now.  Jinger and Kendra are both pregnant.  Jessa may or may not also be preggers.  There is only ONE Jana.  She can only be a doola, house cleaner, nanny, shopper, and chef to only so many folks.  So if she helps Joy, while still running TTH, at some point she can't help Joy, Jinger - in Texas, no less, Kendra and possibly Jessa and RUN TTH.  The woman HAS to sleep at some point.  So it will be interesting to see if and when Austin, Jeremy, Joe and Ben step up and take care of their wives and new born babies without help from her.  If not, someone buy Jana some good whiskey or vodka and don't tell the Boob and Mullet.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

It's mid February and Joy is due any day now with her first child....I already predict she will be pregnant with #2 by the end of 2018.

I think both Alyssa and Erin Bates are pregnant with their 3rd. They'll have 3 under 3 years old. Jessa could possibly be in that race too. I'm curious as to which way Austin and Joy will lean - his family with 2 kids or hers with 19.

Do Fundies who aren't Quiverfull use birth control?

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think both Alyssa and Erin Bates are pregnant with their 3rd. They'll have 3 under 3 years old. Jessa could possibly be in that race too. I'm curious as to which way Austin and Joy will lean - his family with 2 kids or hers with 19.

Do Fundies who aren't Quiverfull use birth control?

Neither the Duggars nor the Bates believe in birth control. IBLP is anti-birth control.  IBLP, under Gothard, recommended shorter breast feeding periods and being joyfully available, and other things that would maximize the chance of conceiving.  Quiverfull, the non-denominal and non-headed movement, follows much of this. 

The Duggars and Bates kids were brought up that birth control is the work of the devil.  For those raised with that idea, it can very hard to leave behind that mindset.  It will haunt them for a long time.  (I wasn't raised like this, but I'm familiar with people who were). I tend to think the Bates and the Duggars married their kids off to people who will carry on this mindset (with likely exception of Jeremy Vuolo). 

A lot may have to do with Austin's parents. It's possible they got married older and their small family was the result of leaving it up to God, in which case they may want dozens of grandchildren. If they were hoping to have a smaller family, then maybe they will pass on these beliefs to their son. 

• Love 8

Jessa has mentioned that she wants to breastfeed Henry for 2 years and that she wanted to do the same with Spurgeon but he weaned early. I believe she's doing this because she knows that exclusively breastfeeding is a form of bc and she wants her kids spaced out as much as she can. 

I can see Joy and Austin turning out exactly like JB and Michelle, where she stops breastfeeding early in order to start making a new blessing. The first baby will get handed over to Jana, of course. 

• Love 4