Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Sink or Swim

• Start Topic

Once again we have a whole crop of designers who desperately want to design women's clothes but have never, apparently, seen breasts, have no interest in nor are capable of designing clothes that can accommodate, much less show off a woman's breasts.  Just unbelievable.  Sorry - if you can't handle breasts, go design men's clothes!

Tasha should have gone home for that disaster.  I thought Rik did the best out of them all, but his halter top was too broad above the chest and going around the neck.  It needed to be narrower at the top to be flattering.  That suit will also need some support underneath for fuller breasts or anyone who isn't a young model will have the girls looking flattened and sliding down to her waist. 

I also did not like Rik's cover-up at all.  No one wants to walk around with a wad of fabric between their legs.  Others had that problem, too, and I saw one of the poor models having to hold it out to the side so she wouldn't waddle down the runway.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

What was up with Roberi's model? She looked like some unsuspecting Croatian tourist they'd just yanked in off the street -- a little confused, a little embarrassed, and walking in heels for the first time ever. Did she even have her hair and makeup done? 

She's obviously not going to have a big career in swimsuit modeling.  Absolutely horrible.

Alex's print?  Any other season the judges would have said it looked dirty.  Because it did.  He should have been on the bottom, not the top.

• Love 4

The designers should have practiced making a swimsuit before coming on the show; they do one almost every year. Tasha barely made anything and her model is so skinny to begin with, it wouldn't take much effort to make a top that fits. Tasha should have been eliminated; I didn't have a problem with her print, but she did not make a decent swimsuit or cover up. I thought Alex would surely get the granny edit. His swimsuit and cover-up looked very old fashioned and granny like to me. I didn't like either Sara's or Jenni's suits, but neither spoke grandma. Jenni's did look like Yoga wear, which is somewhat popular now and Sara's wasn't something most women over 14 would wear, but grandmas? No. Rik had a great suit, very well made and a nice cover-up.

No idea who the Lucky guy was but he looked very uncomfortable being there. How is he an expert in women's fashion? His agent must have made some kind of deal. The swimsuit episodes are always really boring to me because they don't have much leeway in design choices. I agree the models are boring, but I disagree that no aspiring model would go on this show. Modeling jobs are not easy to come by and getting any exposure is a good thing. Of course I don't expect working models with busy schedules to do the show, but someone who wants attention could get something going here. If nothing else. the model usually gets to appear in MarieClaire, which is probably more than most aspiring models get. 

• Love 2

We all know Tim can bring the snark; wish we had thought bubbles over his head as he ponders some of Heidi's outfits.

I like Brik. He's not completely of this world, but he's kind. I noticed him weeping a bit as Sarah said her goodbyes.

• Love 13

Appears I'm in the minority, but I loved Alex's coverup. When I go to the beach, I want my coverup to COVER UP. I am very pale and you know, the sun is aging, skin cancer, wrinkles, all of that. I don't want a shortie robe. I hated every single shortie robe on the runway. 

Tasha's suit was terrible, but she's shown some skill in the past and that kept her. Every single thing Sarah has designed is pedestrian and dull. Even Tim asked her what about her look made it a winner? And nothing. She wasn't trying to win or design. She was trying to cost through as safe. That's so auf-worthy.

Jenni's was just straight up ugly. Heidi told her it was ugly. Heidi. Told. Her. It. Was. Ugly. And she's all, "No, I disagree. Yes I'm designing for your line but I'm going to do it my way, bitch." Of course she was going to be in the bottom for that.

• Love 15

Some of these designers seemed to have no clue how a bra top needs to work. I'm especially surprised when a woman hasn't noticed how they work. You cannot just lay fabric over a boob and expect it to "support" anything. You need some sort of band attached to something more gathered. Duh! 

• Love 5

I, too, like a long cover up, but Alex's looked like a nightgown or housecoat to me.  NOT what I'd wear to the beach or pool.

I was surprised Tasha didn't go home, I like her but that was not good.  That said I don't know were Nina goes, but plenty of people wear black cover-ups. How can she think no one wears them? Heck, half of mine are black.  It may sound counter intuitive, but it depends on the material.  Mine are quite cooling.  And they go with a LOT of swimsuits.  They also don't show dirt as much.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, GaT said:

I hated Brik’s I don’t know how he was safe, his suit gave the model a really strange shape. Tasha got lucky, because her suit was bad. I really didn’t see what was horrible about Jenni or Sarah’s suits though, I thought Brik’s was worse than either one of theirs.

2 hours ago, Archery said:

Brik's suit made his model look like a boy.

It might be that I agree with @pasdetrois below, but for me, I think it was the model. When it was on the dress form, I remember thinking "That's not so bad. Did Brik finally design something not bad?" And his bikini bottom was not tiny, so it shouldn't have made his model look so long. I think she - like me when I was much younger - had a very long torso and no hips at all. Any bikinis I wore then made me look like a boy and possibly a refugee from a war torn country * - no exception for design - and I'm short. I can't imagine how long torsoed a tall model could look with my type of figure from back then. And if I remember correctly Brik's model was also pretty pale. I actually liked the color of his print, but not so much on the model.

* I looked about 12 when I was 15-16, seriously. And this was in the era of Suzanne Sommers and Linda Carter. Needless to say, I hated my teen years.

48 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I like Brik. He's not completely of this world, but he's kind. I noticed him weeping a bit as Sarah said her goodbyes.

Me also. He kind of reminds me of Bradley (from season 3.) The "squid without an ocean." Except the other contestants from that season kind of had a soft spot for Bradley's strangeness. The contestants here... not so much for Brik, at least in the beginning. I didn't see any real friction this week though.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Beden said:

My grandmother was a well known, high end lingerie designer back in the 1920's-40's And making a garment which both serves comfortable function (containing the boobs without crushing, letting them fall out and being wearable all day) plus being attractive is damn hard requiring a complete understanding of the many varieties of the female body as well as a full understanding of the the available materials (and she worked before the modern fabrics like spandex and such). I believe it was in the 1940's (or was it the 50's?) when Jane Russel designed a cantilevered bra to hold up and flatter her D's and then became a consultant and spokesperson for Maidenform (?) for 'us full-figured gals'. Anyone remember 'lift and seperate'?

Oh I agree...making a flattering and supportive bra or swim top is an art, and I would never expect Tasha or any of the designers to be able to master it immediately.  But all Tasha had to do was cut bigger triangles and at least part of her problem would have been solved.

IIRC Howard Hughes designed the underwire bra for "The Outlaw" (I think that was the movie?) and Jane hated it!  And I vividly recall her commercials for Playtex too.  There were so few bra commercials on TV back then that it was almost shocking.  And the bra was shown on a mannequin, not a real woman so as not to offend delicate viewers!  I wonder how Victoria's Secret commercials would be received back then LOL.

Edited by Albino
  • Love 3

I loved Heidi's look when she visited the workroom.  She's such a pretty woman when she isn't wearing short/tight/shiny/cheap.   Tasha should have gone home.  I didn't think Jenny's was so bad.  The swimsuit was fitted and looked like it could be worn swimming.  And really, season one's swimsuit challenge produced so much better outfits without the benefit of being able to watch 14 previous seasons.

• Love 5

One piece bathing suits: ugh! I am comically short waisted and have never found a one piece that works for me so I am predisposed to hate them. Also, shame on Heidi for the fact that her swimwear line sizing stops at US size 10. So much for wanting lots of women to buy your line. Finally, show, stop pretending that any artistic person can design fabric! This is a specialty field that requires years of study. Only Roberi came close to a design that looked decent in repeat. Otherwise...*shudder*.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, izabella said:

Once again we have a whole crop of designers who desperately want to design women's clothes but have never, apparently, seen breasts, have no interest in nor are capable of designing clothes that can accommodate, much less show off a woman's breasts.  Just unbelievable.  Sorry - if you can't handle breasts, go design men's clothes!

[standing ovation]

It absolutely boggles the mind that so many designers still (in the fifteenth effing season!) come on this show with no idea how to design for a female body with any more curves than a coat hanger. This is not rocket science, people! We've landed safely on the moon and we've got robots on Mars but you can't figure out that actual breasts aren't the levitating hemispheres you see in video games? Maybe you should consider doing even the barest minimum of preparation when you're going to compete for $100,000. 

My reaction to this whole episode can be summed up by Dexter's eloquent side-eye while Jenni was modeling her design in the workroom. That deserves a standing ovation of its own. 

(Edited to add: can we talk about Heidi's runway ensemble????? Is she starring in her own vanity remake of Peter Pan?????) 

Edited by alannaofdoom
  • Love 11

Even Heidi herself pulled out the "Have you ever seen breasts?" comment in the workroom when she saw her logo was about to be stuffed in the cleavage of one of the looks (was it Lady Shade's?). Some people just lost it and totally psyched themselves out of making anything decent due to OMGZ we have to make a swimsuit??

• Love 2

To be fair, a lot of them cannot and do not design for women above an A cup even in regular clothes, let alone swimsuits.  For me, that would be the #1 reason not to allow them on PR in the first place.  Sorry, if none of your clothes can be worn by anyone who wears a bra, you cannot be on a design show for women's clothing.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Tasha's suit was terrible, but she's shown some skill in the past and that kept her. Every single thing Sarah has designed is pedestrian and dull. Even Tim asked her what about her look made it a winner? And nothing. She wasn't trying to win or design. She was trying to cost through as safe. That's so auf-worthy.

I suspect that Sarah has been 4th from the bottom several times.  She just sunk a little lower this time.  Usually they go for badly made (Tasha) over a bad idea (Sarah and Jenni).

• Love 1

What was with Heidi's outfit at judging?  The one that stood out most for me (other than beach girl sunbathing) was the suit which totally reminded me of the Louis Vuitton rainbow monogram print - and not in a good way. 

• Love 1

Heidi is a beautiful woman with a great body, but she is not nineteen years old.  Her preference for short, tight and shiny is cringe-inducing for me, and why - with her looks - she wouldn't choose a classy and sophisticated style (yes Heidi, that CAN be sexy) is beyond puzzling.  That green outfit and those boots - shudder!  Who wants to look like a 43 yr. old hooker?  I didn't know her sizes stop at 10, but I find that just another disturbing trend to make young women feel like they need to look anorexic.

I don't understand why they would put a design-your-own fabric together with a swimsuit challenge, since when all is said and done, you get very little idea of how bad or good the prints may be when they are made into such tiny garments.  I didn't mind Tasha's print at all, but the result was not good.  Like a poster said above, I had no idea that Jenni and Sarah were different people until last night.  I guess Erin is the favorite this year and it's nice to see someone with their own signature style, but no one really stands out for me in this group - at least not yet.  I did like the winning look, mainly because it actually looked like a swimsuit and not some tortured effort.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, mspaul said:

I just want to know why Nina was dressed like Kelly Taylor circa the college years.

I thought she looked like some fundie who had to create a "modesty panel" for a sundress. And Heidi looked, to me, like Peter Pan. I think it was the boots. 

Was suprised Tasha wasn't auffed. That wasn't a swimsuit, it was random tiny pieces of fabric. Poorly put together. 

And when it came down to Sarah and Jenni I hoped to see Jenni gone. She was so full of herself and so sure of that awful tortured outfit. AND she did not listen to Heidi! And don't we usually see Heidi point that out?

Alex has terrible vocal-fry. Normally I don't find that completed annoying but along with his rather flat affect it got on my nerves. Hated his coverup and agreed with whichever designer called it Victorian. And his suit seemed poorly made.

That guest judge, Why?? They ought to at least be able to string words into a complete sentence. He had been a model, he should have pointed out Jenni's (?) model almost did trip on the hem. Boo! Does he have sisters?

The winning suit can be purchased for a mere $180.! Same as the coverup. I loved both. But not $360. worth of love.

• Love 9

Heidi is a beautiful woman with a great body, but she is not nineteen years old.  Her preference for short, tight and shiny is cringe-inducing for me, and why - with her looks - she wouldn't choose a classy and sophisticated style (yes Heidi, that CAN be sexy) is beyond puzzling.  That green outfit and those boots - shudder!  Who wants to look like a 43 yr. old hooker?

Maybe she does as an adult with free will. I've said it before and I'll say it again, what good is aging if you can't do and wear what you like? Maybe she doesn't like (the completely subjective) "classy and sophisticated" label (which, I might argue, is espoused by certain types of hookers*). I wouldn't wear that green number myself, but that isn't because it's short or tight (in fact, 45-year-old me just shortened a vintage dress to a Marcia Brady, barely-clears-the-ass level because that length works for me).

* Can we be done comparing other chicks to hookers (which I have no problem with, in theory) simply because we deem their clothes "wrong"? I'm not saying I am never horrified at an outfit itself, of course--I suppose we all judge in keeping with our own preferences (and, yeah, I was a bit baffled at Nina's T-shirt!). For example, I'd be more insulted to be compared to a Talbots catalog than a hooker.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 17

Project Runway, your biggest sponsor is AARP.  Why would you possibly think Lucky whoever is a good choice for a judge?  Most of us have never even heard of him or find him adorable.  And he had nothing intelligent to add to the discussion.

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, mansonlamps said:

Project Runway, your biggest sponsor is AARP.  Why would you possibly think Lucky whoever is a good choice for a judge?  Most of us have never even heard of him or find him adorable.  And he had nothing intelligent to add to the discussion.

NYMag thinks one of the most interesting thing about him is that he's Mormon. As are his 3 (three) sisters.

' He and his sisters, Daisy Clementine, Pyper America, and Starlie Cheyenne (all real names), form a band called the Atomics, and they’re slated to play a couple of songs. The three sisters are models, too, also with Next. Their mother, Sheridan, is a former model. Their dad, Dallon, is not a model, but he does look a little like Kurt Russell. Dallon’s mother was a model, though, as was Sheridan’s. Basically, the Smiths are third-generation professional pretty people. '

SQUEEEE!!!

Really, Project Runway, you can't do any better? 

He, and I'm guessing his three (3) sisters, are too precious for this world.

I don't think thhe Hadids have anything to worry.

Glad Brik sent something acceptable down the runway. Even liked his play on words.

What the fuck was Nina wearing?  It looked like something one of those awful Duggar women would wear.  Hideous.

I don't know why, after all these seasons, contestants come on this show without having designed their own prints, sewed a swimming suit or two, or worked with unconventional materials. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

What the fuck was Nina wearing?  It looked like something one of those awful Duggar women would wear.  Hideous.

I don't know why, after all these seasons, contestants come on this show without having designed their own prints, sewed a swimming suit or two, or worked with unconventional materials. 

Add me to the list of those who thought Alex's cover-up would put him in the bottom.  To me, it looked like a summer robe, not something to wear outside the house.  After Heidi ripped Jenni so hard about how "grandma" her look was, I was sure Alex would also be marked down for how old and dowdy the robe looked.  Nope, once again, I am left completely bewildered by what the judges loved about it.  Rik's was clearly the stand-out, so no surprise there, but the love for Alex's design made me wonder if it looked a whole lot different in person from what we saw on the TV screen.  

And I echo the surprise that the swimwear challenge would be the time for a design-your-fabric challenge.  

I'm enjoying the season, though, mostly because the designers all seem within the bounds of normality.  Even Cornelius isn't all that bad by past contestants' standards.  

I was so sure that Jenni was going home because we never heard her braying laugh this time.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mansonlamps said:

Project Runway, your biggest sponsor is AARP.  

I don't care who the sponsor is...but an inarticulate pretty boy, who seems to have no discernible relationship with design, is an epic fail. You could put an architect or an interior designer in his place and have a better insight into proportion and color.

Does everything have to be dumbed down to the lowest possible level?  I was always amazed that a show shot in NYC never asked the great photog Bill Cunningham to stop by...especially when they do their "average women designs". He was the master of spotting street fashion...on women and men of all ages and sizes. He is missed.

But Runway could at least try...this is NYC...their are design experts everywhere...how about the in-house designers for Tiffany or any other noteworthy NYC store? 

• Love 6

Heidi is a beautiful woman with a great body, but she is not nineteen years old.  Her preference for short, tight and shiny is cringe-inducing for me, and why - with her looks - she wouldn't choose a classy and sophisticated style (yes Heidi, that CAN be sexy) is beyond puzzling.  That green outfit and those boots - shudder!  Who wants to look like a 43 yr. old hooker?  I didn't know her sizes stop at 10, but I find that just another disturbing trend to make young women feel like they need to look anorexic.

I don't understand why they would put a design-your-own fabric together with a swimsuit challenge, since when all is said and done, you get very little idea of how bad or good the prints may be when they are made into such tiny garments.  I didn't mind Tasha's print at all, but the result was not good.  Like a poster said above, I had no idea that Jenni and Sarah were different people until last night.  I guess Erin is the favorite this year and it's nice to see someone with their own signature style, but no one really stands out for me in this group - at least not yet.  I did like the winning look, mainly because it actually looked like a swimsuit and not some tortured effort.  

I don't recall ever seeing Heidi look bad in anything.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, KLovestoShop said:

I'm never a fan of swimsuit creations because the cameramen love to focus on crotch shot close ups.

when they were showing the models with Heidi's line the camera kept going up and down the bodies.... slowly.... it seemed very voyeuristic to me. Can't you just show the whole body (including, you know, the face) and let us appreciate the suit?

1 minute ago, pbutler111 said:

I don't recall ever seeing Heidi look bad in anything.

she does have an amazing body. I wish as a 50 some woman I was anywhere close to her.

• Love 2

The guest judge had no idea what he was talking about! "I have three sisters" yes, sure, but have you seen a bathing suit!?

I loved Sarah's print, but it's definitely more suited towards a dress or a blouse. (But you guys haven't seen the rolling rack i call a closet. Novelty prints everywhere.)

I was rooting for Roberti, but the winning design was stunning. Just glad to see Roberti get the recognition he rightfully deserves, tbh. I loved his print and design. 

Brik's designs have strengthened, and his hair game remains strong. 

• Love 6

I wonder if someone in Brik's suit would be taunted by "flat as a brick" comments. I liked that he did a boy short bottom though  

I might be blinded by my like of Tasha but I was curious if she struggled because ample breasted women have very different bathing suits than what you would find in a Heidi collection. And I seem to remember that in a previous bra challenge, the judges didn't like bras that looked more supportive of larger breasts. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Calamity Jane said:

I'm enjoying the season, though, mostly because the designers all seem within the bounds of normality.  Even Cornelius isn't all that bad by past contestants' standards. 

Totally agree.  My husband actually watched with me last night and complained that I was sucking him in to watching another reality show.  I laughed and said yes, but at least this season the contestants are nice and even the whiniest one is palatable.  I'm so thankful there isn't a Gretchen, Helen or Ken-type this year!

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

I loved Sarah's print, but it's definitely more suited towards a dress or a blouse. (But you guys haven't seen the rolling rack i call a closet. Novelty prints everywhere.)

Did you notice that in her head shot she was wearing a "novelty print" that was actually a "diving girl" not that different from her print. I thought her print was kind of silly looking though; I don't mind novelty prints, but the proportions were off and the graphic itself was kind of "un-artistic"

21 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

Brik's designs have strengthened, and his hair game remains strong. 

Love his hair!

• Love 1

I was rooting so hard for Rik because, if he won, I was planning to immediately go and buy that swim suit and cover-up. Unfortunately, it turns out it's way too expensive. But I want it so much! That's a first for me watching Project Runway.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Maybe she does as an adult with free will. I've said it before and I'll say it  I wouldn't wear that green number myself, but that isn't because it's short or tight (in fact, 45-year-old me just shortened a vintage dress to a Marcia Brady, barely-clears-the-ass level because that length works for me).

Exactly. Also 45 here, and I wear mini skirts and very short shorts as a rule. I was a dancer, and my legs are my best feature. You bet I wear clothes that indicate that. The knee jerk reaction that forces middle aged and older women to cover up is really unfortunate. 

Speaking of cover ups, most them looked bad to me. I didn't find anything on this episode that was well made or interesting. Most just looked like a piece of material thrown over the models. 

• Love 5

I don't think Heidi herself ever looks bad either: but that green outfit was just too much GREEN for my personal taste, and I love colour.

I also don't think just because you're automatically 45, 55, 65 or 105, you have to stop doing things just because other people think you should because of age. Especially if you have good hair, great legs, beautiful skin, et. al.

Have to agree to disagree, though, about calling women hookers and talking about too short, too tight, too shiny: Heidi HERSELF has been one of the worst proponents of making that assessment towards models, i.e., last week when she said Rik's model looked like a hoochie mama twerking. And I can think of numerous other times when that has been said or alluded to BY Heidi, OR said or alluded to by Nina, Michael, Zac, and Heidi has never gone out on a limb to disagree with them. The statement last week towards Rik's outfit, which she made it sound like it was directed AT his model, was judgmental and I appreciate it least of all coming from Heidi.

• Love 10

Agreed! His was the only one that I would love to buy if it was available in my size. Alas, it looks like it only goes up to a size large, or the equivalent of a US size 10. Sigh...

Tim Gunn wrote a passionate article about the dearth of clothes for real American women.  He tore Ashley Nell Tipton to shreds for making unwearable, juvenile clothes for plus-size women.  I'm sorry, but Tim really destroyed that poor girl's career with his deadly comments. 

Well, Tim, now you know why the judges gave her the pity win:  THOSE DESIGNER JUDGES DON'T WANT REAL WOMEN TO WEAR THEIR CLOTHES!!  

Before you rip Ashley a new one again, you better swivel your head and demand that HEIDI KLUM OUTFIT WOMEN BEYOND A SIZE 10.  Where's your devastating column about how Heidi's clothes are mediocre and designed only for the tall and thin. Ashley was an obvious target; I dare you to criticize Heidi.  

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, GaT said:

I hated Brik’s I don’t know how he was safe, his suit gave the model a really strange shape. Tasha got lucky, because her suit was bad.

The uber horizontalism of Brik's brick motif utterly vanquished any curves his model might have had.   It was awful, and exposed Brik's glaring lack of imagination, i.e.,   My name is Brik.  I like bricks.   Of the thousands who auditioned for this season, how did the likes of Brik, Tasha and several others I could mention rise to the top?

• Love 3

Heidi can be a bit of a bitch IMO.  I hate a lot of her wardrobe choices but 100% agree that she should wear whatever she wants despite her age.  But then, she should not turn around and judge others for the exact same thing and call them hoothcie mamas or hookers when half her apparel could be judged the same way.

• Love 9

Tasha's was awful. Unimaginative. Poorly Sewn. Ugly. Should've been aufed.

I was so happy to read here what people are saying about Alex's depression era farmwife housecoat. The three of us watching the show were flabbergasted that Alex was in the top 3. The swimsuit was boring and poorly made, too.

Lots of bad on that runway. And lots worse than Jenni or Sarah. My mouth dropped when Nina said Tasha was the safe one of the bottom three.

Loved Rik's. Cool fabric. Decent design. The giant snaps were a nice touch. It would have been nice to be able to buy it in a size larger than a 10, Heidi.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, NewDigs said:

The winning suit can be purchased for a mere $180.! Same as the coverup.

1 hour ago, carrps said:

It would have been nice to be able to buy it in a size larger than a 10, Heidi.

If she wants "real women" to buy her things she could have discounted the PR look into a lower price point.

• Love 5

Tasha's was awful. Unimaginative. Poorly Sewn. Ugly. Should've been aufed.

I was so happy to read here what people are saying about Alex's depression era farmwife housecoat. The three of us watching the show were flabbergasted that Alex was in the top 3. The swimsuit was boring and poorly made, too.

Lots of bad on that runway. And lots worse than Jenni or Sarah. My mouth dropped when Nina said Tasha was the safe one of the bottom three.

Loved Rik's. Cool fabric. Decent design. The giant snaps were a nice touch. It would have been nice to be able to buy it in a size larger than a 10, Heidi.

I couldn't agree more. It didn't fit, it was a strange shape, the top looked badly made, the black cover-up was horrible and she was SAFE. Could it be they didn't want to auf a plus size woman making a bathing suit? I dunno. Totally stunned.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, NewDigs said:

The winning suit can be purchased for a mere $180.! Same as the coverup. I loved both. But not $360. worth of love.

Who buys that priced swimwear? And size 10 is the largest available? Very disappointing.

• Love 7

Heidi's green look for the runway show forbids her to call anyone "hoochie mama" ever again (what the heck was this horrendous fabric? And the boots? And the fit of the whole thing was terrible).

Rik did a great job with his print and the way he used the different shapes to construct his swinsuit (the "belt" effect was awesome), but was I the only one slightly disturbed by the black triangular shape right at the crotch area? But the right person won this time.

And how is it possible to think people (other than the judges and their family) would want to wear Alex's cover-up which does look like a granny nightgown? It was ill-fitting and it also looked badly cut and sewn, during the runway judging it felt like the sewing line between the two fabrics near the model's knees was going all sideways.

• Love 2

My two cents on this ep:

- I loved Rick's, but his print isn't "new" at all (I had quite the same swimmsuit with the "same" design 2 years ago) but, with the cover-up, it was amazing.

- At the opposite of quite everybody here, I liked Jenni's one BUT hated the color. Should have she tried to dye all of it in a middle-dark grey shade and used metallic/silver for the sides of the bottom of the swimsuit, it would have given a total opposite vibe !

• Love 2

If Zac says "effective" one more time...

There are not too many things more beautiful than feathers or macaws. I thought Roberi's fabric was kind of depressing. He seems so talented yet I wasn't feeling his feathers, or his suit this time around. I wouldn't wear Rik's giant print either because I'm a short people but figured Nina would like it since it resembled the costume she was wearing. 

I'm on the fence about Alex's cover up because it was mostly sheer, white, light and long which I liked but I didn't care for the suit at all. It looked like race meet day at the high school swim club. I wasn't seeing Greece the way the judges were.  

Some of the other suits didn't bother me and a couple of them might actually work if you have a chest.  I don't think that was the case with Tasha's. Yikes. I wasn't a fan of Brik's and thought it looked as if it were made for a girl who is built like a boy.  Erin's pink/red/orange whatever wasn't too swift either. What goes well with those colors?  Black!  Gah. Make it stop. I didn't think that some of the middle of the road guys were that bad, like Dexter and Mah-Jing. Thought the whole show was fun to watch because the designers did their best in unfamiliar territory.  

I think Heidi is adorable and I like her personality. There doesn't seem to be much she doesn't look great in, but I didn't like the green clothes or the giant green boots either. It was as if she was going for the magically delicious look. I kept picturing the ghost of Michael Kors repeating "matchy matchy" over and over. Thought that outfit was awful, individually and combined.  

• Love 2

Eh, something rubbed me the wrong way when Heidi and Nina compared Tasha's print to Asian calligraphy. It just seemed very dismissive of those cultures.

Nathalia reminds me of the SNL recurring character "drunk girl at a party you wish you hadn't started a conversation with" just in how whack her observations are and how she makes them as these profound declarations.

• Love 9

That PTV recap was gold; my favorite part:

The bathing suit is nice, if very safe. The cover-up, on the other hand, looks like Betsy Ross cosplay. The weird draping and huge white panels are straight out of backwoods snake handling Pentecostal church wear. When the cover-up is open it looks fine, but closed, it's what you wear when your cult leader takes you to look at the ocean one last time before everyone kills themselves.

I probably laughed way too hard and long at this.

• Love 17