Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Sink or Swim

• Start Topic

Alex's looked like it came off the set of Little House on the Prairie. I cannot believe the judges actually liked that. I knew Sarah was a goner because she's one of those that I would swear hasn't actually been on the show the last two weeks. I didn't think hers was that bad. Jenni's was almost offensively awful. I have no memory of her whatsoever. I loved Rik's. Good call there, judges. How Tasha survived, I don't know. 

And that guest judge. Was there something wrong with him? He was either high as a kite or dumb as dirt. Not that those are mutually exclusive. He added less than nothing to the discussion.

• Love 4

I must agree with Sai.  I had no problem with Lucky, probably because he was so attractive and spoke in such a sweet and gentle tone.  The one thing I didn't like was when he was so dismissive of the idea of Tasha's outfit possibly reminding someone of Jamaica.  He laughed as if he was some sort of expert on Jamaica.  But, the rest, I liked.

I DID like Alex's coverup and I knew Nina would like it too.  Why?  Because she likes anything that seems fragile.  She goes nuts for it.  Anything that seems light, wispy, fragile.  I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm saying that it's her sweet spot.  His suit, however, I agree with some here that I hated the blue lines down the front.  Bothered me.  The rest, good, and it would have been my winner.  (Well, aside from Dexter's green monster suit, which I really liked.)

I'm glad Tasha was saved because I like her too much.  

Mah-Jing Wong's look to the camera this week:

CuNdNtUWEAAxx9_.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

Exactly. Also 45 here, and I wear mini skirts and very short shorts as a rule. I was a dancer, and my legs are my best feature. You bet I wear clothes that indicate that. The knee jerk reaction that forces middle aged and older women to cover up is really unfortunate. 

Speaking of cover ups, most them looked bad to me. I didn't find anything on this episode that was well made or interesting. Most just looked like a piece of material thrown over the models. 

You go girl!!  I'm 46 and I workout hard and eat healthy (mostly).  I have good legs and a nice butt, lol, and I'll be damned if someone tells me I can't wear short shorts or bikinis in the summer because I'm a certain age.  Oh hell no!  Summer is my absolute favorite season and I wear shorts the entire time.  Why go through all the pain of working out (actually, I like it), if you can't slightly flaunt your assets.  Heidi looks great and I don't see anything hookerish about the outfits she chooses to wear.

4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm glad Tasha was saved because I like her too much.  

I'm also glad that Tasha was saved.  She reminds me of someone I work with who I like a lot.  I know it's not the same person but still.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Eh, something rubbed me the wrong way when Heidi and Nina compared Tasha's print to Asian calligraphy. It just seemed very dismissive of those cultures.

Nathalia reminds me of the SNL recurring character "drunk girl at a party you wish you hadn't started a conversation with" just in how whack her observations are and how she makes them as these profound declarations.

I wonder if Tasha told her inspiration for the print but it wasn't shown?  I think the print was interesting but not for this challenge.  Cultural insensitivity was shown.  Deplorable!  White folks don't even know that they are doing it.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, Albino said:

IIRC Howard Hughes designed the underwire bra for "The Outlaw" (I think that was the movie?) and Jane hated it!  And I vividly recall her commercials for Playtex too.  There were so few bra commercials on TV back then that it was almost shocking.  And the bra was shown on a mannequin, not a real woman so as not to offend delicate viewers!  I wonder how Victoria's Secret commercials would be received back then LOL.

I remember commercials with the spokeswoman pointing to the mannequin half-torso wearing the bra.  FCC regulations prohibited a live woman modeling the bra.

I think about that a lot, actually--like when The V's Secret models wearing the floss and come-hither smiles undulate toward the camera.  They're so luscious--although I really, really miss the big angel wings.

[Sidenote:  I also pondered the old FCC regs when I saw the commercial with the women shaving their bushes--of the topiary variety--at crotch level with the "bikini razor" that's being advertised.  I guess pretty soon people will be looking back and chuckling at how old-fashioned we were to censor labial grooming during commercial breaks.  (aka "Station identification."  LOL)]

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 0:01 PM, PrincessSteel said:

Finally, show, stop pretending that any artistic person can design fabric! This is a specialty field that requires years of study. Only Roberi came close to a design that looked decent in repeat. Otherwise...*shudder*.

They were almost all execrable. 

I'm pretty artsy and I couldn't whip out an appealing repeating design on short notice.  Except . . . NOT short notice!  How STUPID are these people not to arrive at the competition with an original print design in mind?   Maybe something prevents you from boning up on the cut for a flattering man's tuxedo, but you never had a chance to sit down with a cup of coffee and a Sharpie?

The more I look at Rik's geometric fabric, the more impressed I am.  Did they ever show his design when the bolt was delivered?  He has more going on there than a checkerboard and I can't figure it out, but the way the shapes fall on the swimsuit is brilliant.  (Ha, I'm also very attracted to houndstooth--it's my favorite, er, color.)

4 hours ago, Sapphire said:

That PTV recap was gold; my favorite part:

I probably laughed way too hard and long at this.

Ditto!  I took a shot with "Pioneer chemise for bathing in the creek" and the recapper popped out three better, one right after another.  Too funny.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, candall said:

He has more going on there than a checkerboard and I can't figure it out, but the way the shapes fall on the swimsuit is brilliant. 

I also was very impressed. The way he had a virtual belt-- it seems he *must* have had some plan in mind for how he used it. But you're right, it had more going on than a simple geometric pattern. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, millennium said:

The uber horizontalism of Brik's brick motif utterly vanquished any curves his model might have had.   It was awful, and exposed Brik's glaring lack of imagination, i.e.,   My name is Brik.  I like bricks.   Of the thousands who auditioned for this season, how did the likes of Brik, Tasha and several others I could mention rise to the top?

That might be true if you're almost entirely flat? (But then I'm not sure any print would give you curves... I know, I've been there). But when I finally started getting a little something up top - as in I was an A with B aspirations rather than an AA - horizontal stripes is what I went for to emphasize what little I had. I'll have to rewatch - maybe Brik's Bricks were too wide for the horizontal stripe effect to have any enhancing value and you are correct, but for me, I would think that a horizontal pattern and boyshorts should've given more curves than less... with the only other option maybe being a high cut leg hole, but that's only good for certain kinds of shapes. As I said above, I'm not sure what went wrong... it looked good to me on the dress form, but then on the model something went wrong.

On 10/6/2016 at 11:20 PM, Sister Havana said:

Agreed! His was the only one that I would love to buy if it was available in my size. Alas, it looks like it only goes up to a size large, or the equivalent of a US size 10. Sigh...

May we talk about prices, too?  Seriously, $180/each for swimsuit and coverup.  But back to size, the fact that Heidi's line does not offer extra large is disappointing,to say the least 

• Love 1

Haha, have you ever seen that "drunk girl you don't want to talk to at a party" skit on SNL? I love it because I hate it, if that makes sense! The actress is so perfect at nailing it.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

The total fail for me on this one was everyone designing the suit without taking in mind their models body. In a swimsuit, half the battle is selecting the most flattering shape and since they use the same models each week...Roberi's suit was my fav but not as it fit his model.  

• Love 1

I DID like Alex's coverup and I knew Nina would like it too.  Why?  Because she likes anything that seems fragile.  She goes nuts for it.  Anything that seems light, wispy, fragile.  I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm saying that it's her sweet spot.  His suit, however, I agree with some here that I hated the blue lines down the front.  Bothered me.  The rest, good, and it would have been my winner.  (Well, aside from Dexter's green monster suit, which I really liked.)

I liked Alex's cover up too. It reminds me of the scene from Xanadu where the mural comes to life and all the women step out of it wearing outfits like that. Maybe it's just nostalgia. The blue lines on his suit bothered me, but they wouldn't have bothered me as much if they weren't a completely different blue than the blue in the pattern. Those electric blue lines stood out like a sore thumb.

And what was Nina wearing? Was that a print jumper over a white tee shirt?

Yes. Yes it was. I can't decide if it was better or worse than last week's snake-and-daisy trousers.

pr15-ep4-44.jpg?w=900

I actually like this a lot more than some of the others.

pr15-ep4-er-final.jpg?w=900

Totally disappointed in Laurence. She should've put the bull's eyes closer together so she could have made the torso of the suit without the giant seams up the middle. I think she had a good idea, but the execution was lacking.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
On 10/7/2016 at 0:49 PM, Albino said:

There were so few bra commercials on TV back then that it was almost shocking.  And the bra was shown on a mannequin, not a real woman so as not to offend delicate viewers!

And bras had to be worn over other clothing like a sweater or leotard...times have changed. (Playtex, yes; thank you.)

On 10/6/2016 at 10:40 PM, avecsans said:

Okay, what now?  I didn't like Sarah's or Jenni's garments either, but how did Tasha survive?   At least their suits and cover ups were relatively well made.  Tasha's had no design and was so ill-fitting.  On the other hand, Jenni should have been aufed just for making her model wear that swimsuit after she wore it.  Gross, gross, gross.

Heidi, wtf was that green thing?  I could have maybe lived with the boots, but that skirt was way too short, tight and shiny.  In other words, right in Heidi's wheelhouse.

What in the world is a Lucky Blue Smith? And what qualifies him to judge swimsuits?  It was painful to listen to him speak.

I don't care what he is, I'll just sit and look at him.  He looks like a much younger Leo DiCaprio.  It made me anxious when he spoke though, he sounded very nervous.

I didn't like Roberi's design at all.  Hated the dark background, so I wish he had shown it on a white one.  Also, I wish the print was in a larger scale, like Nina said.  It didn't even look good on the model.  I really liked the print that Sarah created, I thought it was adorable, and I think her suit fit very well, it made the models boobs look great.  I didn't mind Jenni's outfit, so I don't see why everyone hates it.  Rik really didn't make a cover-up, so I think that Alex should have won.  I loved his cover-up, and would definitely wear it.  Brik's top looked painful to wear, the straps were cutting into the models chest, though his bottoms were really cute boy shorts. I wanna know how Corni pulled that together so fast.  I call shenanigans.

Tasha should have gone home, that color yellow is very unflattering and her suit was too small, and poorly constructed.  She annoys me.

Someone mentioned that watching the show on the Lifetime site is difficult due to the commercials.  When I watch, I only get a 30 second commercial between segments.  That's odd.

Edited by Honey
Added some thoughts, now that I'm awake.
20 hours ago, candall said:

How STUPID are these people not to arrive at the competition with an original print design in mind?  

Indeed....you should come up with a regular design, a design that is personal to your history, and also research pictures of NYC and come up with a potential "inspired by NYC" print and also think about an "inspired by NYC" outfit, in case you're stumped when you're walking around with the little camera they issue you.  Sure, they might then throw something else more specific at you, but if you're a creative person what skin off your nose it is to have spent some time doodling?

Alex: smart man to mention studying the dossier and creating something to compliment the existing line. Smart, shrewd, calculated businessman.

Erin: I like her, but her comment in the hotel room about not wanting to be in the top this week was really, really weird. If she was joking, ok, but if not, just rubbed me the wrong way.

Brik: once I saw the braid, I was kinda hoping he had enough hair to do the whole Elsa braid. That would have been hilarious.

I can understand (sort of) when a designer doesn't take Tim's suggestions, but when you defiantly disregard the star of the show, especially with the winning design to be sold in her line, that's just plain stupid and egotistical. She should have been auff'ed.

I have little sympathy for PR designers who aren't familiar with how to design swimwear and athletic wear, the two styles Heidi usually sells in her line de jour and will usually have a challenge dedicated to so she can get free labor from the contestants. If I were a designer on PR, the first thing I would do is take a crash course on those particular types of clothing ASAP. I'd also study up on menswear and lingerie, since those seem to pop up occasionally. After this many seasons, there is no excuse for any designer to not be able to design and create those styles.

Edited by Beamish
  • Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:49 AM, Kira53 said:

I wonder if Tasha told her inspiration for the print but it wasn't shown?  I think the print was interesting but not for this challenge.  Cultural insensitivity was shown.  Deplorable!  White folks don't even know that they are doing it.

There may have been some cultural insensitivity, but I think it was more brutal honesty.  I knew Tasha was using Rasta colors, because they showed her saying that.  Her pattern design wasn't Rasta at all - you usually see those colors in long horizontal stripes.  It was the shapes she used in the print that the judges were reacting to.  Unfortunately, out in the real world, the same thing will happen to the designers.  They will see things one way, and buyers will see something different.  To succeed in the real world, you'd make changes to your print.  On the show, you have to figure out a Plan B.

It's not the first time that this has happened.  In Christian Siriano's season, he and a teammate reinvented a design from the 80s and didn't realize it because of lack of experience.

And "Betsy Ross cos-play" - bravo PTV writers!

On 10/7/2016 at 4:35 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Not even that yellow Big Bird Oscar's dress or last nights's stuffed green pepper outfit?  

Nope.  She still looked amazing.

15 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Maybe it denotes a religion change for Nina? She's been awfully covered up lately.

As for the red/white suit pictured above to me it instantly reads 'picnic tablecloth' to me, so I'll pass.

I honestly think Nina might be pregnant.  Not joking.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

I knew Tasha was using Rasta colors, because they showed her saying that.  Her pattern design wasn't Rasta at all - you usually see those colors in long horizontal stripes.  It was the shapes she used in the print that the judges were reacting to.

And the colors didn't seem nearly saturated or deep, or something, as Rasta colors. But I think others complained that their fabric colors/designs came out lighter than they had hoped. I don't know what the shapes were supposed to be.

The extent of my eating Chinese food is takeout and I've never been to a Japanese restaurant so had absolutely no clue what they were going on about.

But google is, sometimes, my friend and this

IMG_0369.JPG

is pretty much what I pictured and I still don't get what they were going on about.

They should have left that comparison behind. imho

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

I never got a very close look at Tasha's print, but I think all the Asian food references were because of the black lines in the pattern that looked like chopsticks.  They were even wider on one end than the other like chopsticks, so combined with whatever the smaller stuff in the rounded pattern was, I could see a plate of food with chopsticks. 

• Love 2
On 10/8/2016 at 9:53 AM, Kareem said:

I'm on the fence about Alex's cover up because it was mostly sheer, white, light and long which I liked but I didn't care for the suit at all. It looked like race meet day at the high school swim club. I wasn't seeing Greece the way the judges were.  

When they said Greece, my first thought was Sandy's nightgown at the sleepover with the Pink Ladies.

• Love 5

I am so far behind on this episode commenting, it isn't even funny.  I still haven't seen the black light one yet, I don't have DVR so I'm wicked behind.  At any rate, this season seems to be blowing through challenges like crazy, which makes me nervous about what is coming up.  I was very interested in Brik's transformation from ManBun to ManBraid.  I wish I could get my hair to do that.  I knew Sarah was doomed from the moment she got the "haven't seen YOU before" edit.  I honestly didn't even know she was there.  If I'm going to be harsh though, Tasha's was by far the worst look.  And I really like her a lot.  Her personality saved her.  And so did Jenni's.  That lilac thing was pretty bad.  The swimsuit might have flown (no pun) if she'd left it alone, but the two pieces ended up not matching at all and the coverup was awful.  It looked better on her than her model.  I actually liked Sarah's print BUT it did not meet the challenge, and she got the boring edit, so..........bye.  I did NOT understand the worship of Alex's stuff.  Aside from the juvenile/oldster print and design, I thought the crotch fit on the model was off.  It  bagged in odd places, and was very noticeable to me.  That cover up might have flown pattern wise IF it hadn't looked exactly like the nightgowns/mumus they make for my grandma from the 80s on.  It was horrible, and should have been in the bottom.  I do not get how he almost won the week.  The other two guys did a great job, knew the black and white one was a winner from go.  Agree on the models terrible walks.  I need to keep notes while I watch because one gal came stomping down the runway like she was on a mission to be an angry giant.  And Heidi.  Oh Heidi.  She went from looking like Career Day Barbie in the workroom (hate those color combos and the bow, my dolls had that in the 90s) to the Jolly Green Giant's Slutty Sister in judging.  And Nina's back in the 90s too with that tshirt/strap dress combo.  With florals.  God.  Just watch old 90210 or my high school years and there you have it!  I still have hope though, I'm not mad at this season too much yet......................sorry for the long post.

14 hours ago, izabella said:

I never got a very close look at Tasha's print, but I think all the Asian food references were because of the black lines in the pattern that looked like chopsticks.  They were even wider on one end than the other like chopsticks, so combined with whatever the smaller stuff in the rounded pattern was, I could see a plate of food with chopsticks. 

What confused me was both Heidi and Nina mentioned menus (one Chinese one Japanese) so I decided to take a google-peek and saw characters. 

At any rate, it's safe to say Tasha did not execute her vision very well. 

11 hours ago, sourpickles said:

And Heidi.  Oh Heidi.  She went from looking like Career Day Barbie in the workroom (hate those color combos and the bow, my dolls had that in the 90s) to the Jolly Green Giant's Slutty Sister in judging.  

I said about the same thing when Heidi stepped out on the runway. I was like why is dressed like a green bean, is that her Halloween costume this year, awful!

This episode was kind of meh to me I am not really a swimsuit person after having had surgery for skin cancer. Too much Texas sunbathing as a child and teen. I just was not really impressed with any of the looks.

• Love 1

I am probably to late to reply and expect any comments.  But here I go.   Jenni's coverup/pants/skirt didn't appear to fasten in any way, it was just tucked in under the waist band.  I would think it would be messy and fall out a lot.  And to put it on at the beach or wherever would you have to bend down and reach between your legs to catch the hem and then bring it up to the waistband?

Secondly, I have no problem with designers or stores deciding to sell only certain sizes even if that means I can't shop there.  If they are willing to decrease their market and profit that is up to them.  I don't go into a plus size or petites or tall girl store and complain that nothing fits me anymore that I go into a Mexican or whatever restaurant and complain they don't have Chinese food. It is their 'business' afterall.

• Love 2

Just like we're scraping the bottom of the barrel for design talent on this show, it looks like the same is also happening for the models.

That model wearing the white sneakers stomping down the runway should be banished from the show immediately.

Guys! What in the Green FUCKITY FUCK WAS HEIDI WEARING? I threw that up earlier,  BUT I don't remember eating THAT! Somewhere she is gazing sadly into the night, Questioning her Choices.

Super cute guest judge.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Nanu160 said:

Mercifully, SOYLENT GREEN NIGHTMARE OUTFIT only comes in sizes 00-10, as per Heidi's line so I won't be tempted to Order it and wear it Ironically.

I only felt a little wisp of bemused annoyance that a line of active-wear would max out at Size 10, but for some reason, learning that the range is Zero-Zero to Ten pisses me off.

It's like the time I visited a friend in Los Angeles and she was showing me all the new clothes she'd bought since she re-located.  One of the dresses--maybe a Size 5/6?--was an "XL."  I said, "In what world are you considered Extra Large?" and she said, "In this world.  People are really tiny out here."

Someone mentioned clothes marketed to specific body types--Petite, Plus, Juniors.  This one feels to me like the targeted 00-10 segment is implicitly called "Pretty."  Or maybe "Acceptable."   We really have no interest in sales to women who currently exceed a size 10, but we'll be here if your situation ever changes and you can fit into the merchandise.

I like Heidi and I think she's really improved as a judge, but just knowing that there's at least one big part of her life where the only people she's trying to appeal to fall along a scale from 00 to 10, gives me some pause about whether that informs what she's seeing when she's looking at the same clothes I'm looking at.

• Love 4
On 10/10/2016 at 3:11 PM, milner said:

Secondly, I have no problem with designers or stores deciding to sell only certain sizes even if that means I can't shop there.  If they are willing to decrease their market and profit that is up to them.  I don't go into a plus size or petites or tall girl store and complain that nothing fits me anymore that I go into a Mexican or whatever restaurant and complain they don't have Chinese food. It is their 'business' afterall.

Completely agree. 

I also agree with the posters who said that it's Okay to hate an outfit that Heidi is wearing without comparing her to a hooker (not that there is anything wrong with being a hooker, but the posters on this board seem to think so), or saying that she's "too old" to rock a miniskirt.  She looks damn good in most anything she wears. I do agree that the green thing she had on was pretty hideous, but that hideousness had nothing to do with her showing off her legs or other skin. 

And count me in with the people who thought the guest judge was totally cute :)

• Love 5

Finally saw the end of this episode last night (laptop kept getting stuck at commercials so it took me 3 evenings to watch this). I think what saved Tasha is that perhaps the bottom line in judging was "how suitable is it for Heidi's collection?" as opposed to the quality of the design overall. So Tasha's, for all its badness, probably was a better fit for Heidi's line than either Sarah's or Jenny's. Otherwise she probably would have been gone because it was the worst one. But I'm glad Tasha was safe!

• Love 1

At first I was disappointed that the print challenge was being combined with a swimsuit challenge because I wanted the designers to be able to create bigger bolder prints. I was imagining everyone having to create tiny prints so that they'd be visible on a tiny bikini. I wish that one of the requirements for the runway show had been for the models to remove the coverup so that we could see the entire swimsuit. I feel like some of the designers might have been hiding flaws in their design or execution with their coverups.

I loved Rik's graphic black and white print and I really liked the way he placed it in the design of his swimsuit. It was especially flattering because the pattern nipped in at the waist. He was smart to create a one piece swimsuit so that the print was really visible.

Erin's print wasn't anything special or unique, but it looked clean. I didn't like all the extraneous straps on the neck and chest because they would make for horrendous tan lines. Plus if you didn't line up the straps perfectly every time you wore her swimsuit, you would end up with messy looking tan lines.

I really didn't like the print Cornelius designed. Whoever said it looked like a print for children's underwear (Erin?) nailed it. The swimsuit itself was terrible. The design was bad and the construction was not good. And that cover up? That was just a black piece of fabric tied around her waist. It was like a long sheer apron.

At least Nathalia was smart enough to listen to Heidi's critique about the wide turquoise trim making the bikini top look very junior. The coverup looked like a cheesy robe from an 80s porno. The print looked better close up when you could see the different colors. From a distance, the print looked like a 90s floral print.

Brik's print was boring but worse than that the top was too small and unflattering. It looked like it was smashing the model's tiny boobs and her nipples were about a millimeter from showing. Hated that ugly striped coverup. I couldn't tell if it was a cape or a kimono with really short sleeves or what.

I knew Jenni's print was a mistake as soon as I saw the mandala she had on her computer screen. It was way too literal and the mandala was too large to look good on a two piece swimsuit. The lavender color was very junior. Hated all those tiny strings on the side of the bottom piece. It would leave weird tan lines and it would not look good on anyone with an ounce of fat on their hips. Someone please tell Jenni that the phrase is to stick TO your guns, not to stick WITH your guns.

Hated Laurence's bullseye "print" (I don't think putting three concentric circles on white is really creating a print). The white high waisted bottom combined with the white top with a seam down the middle made it look like she was wearing foundation garments/spanx.

Alex's floral print was boring. I am glad Heidi told him to get rid of the big blue panels, but by replacing them with two thin blue stripes and a white panel straight down the middle, it gave the model no shape. I think the coverup looked better open. When it was closed, it looked like a nightgown.

I don't know how Tasha spent a whole day making that two piece swimsuit. It looked like two yellow triangles with a black piece of string for the top and two triangles for the bottom. There was almost no design there and it wasn't sewn well. At least she was smart enough to listen to Heidi about the yellow landing strip.

Mah Jing's red bikini was striking in color, but I wouldn't wear a denim swimsuit. I got my jeans wet when I went on an amusement park water ride as a kid and I was miserable for hours. HOWEVER, Nathalia was wrong when she said that even Rihanna wouldn't wear a denim bikini because she did in 2012 (she also wore a denim bikini top in 2015.

I agreed with Heidi that Dexter's original design was way too alligator with that giant eyeball in the middle of the chest (and I hated the high neckline). His runway look was much better but neither the print nor the design was very unique or memorable. the most noticeable thing to me was that the top had no support at all. It looked like the triangles were just flat on top of the model's breasts.

I really disliked Sarah's print. It was a cute idea to draw a girl in a bikini, but the white background made it look very juvenile. I also hated the striped coverup (and the stripes weren't lined up at the seams).

I liked Roberi's macaw inspired feather print. The colors were bright and fun. I also liked that from far away, it just looked like a colorful print but close up you could see the layered feathers. I'm not a huge fan of bathing suits with side cutouts but I felt like there was more design to his swimsuit than a lot of the ill fitting/boring bikinis.

For me, the top two looks were Roberi and Rik. What set them apart from everyone else was that they both had (1) a good print (2) a well designed swimsuit aka not just a shoddy excuse for a bikini (3) an easy but attractive coverup (4) all of which were sewn well. None of the other designs had all four of those things.

Rik is a great example of how a designer can go from the bottom three to the top three in the course of two episodes.

What the hell was Heidi's green runway outfit? The top was lowcut, the skirt was short and tight, and then the hooker boots.

I had no idea who this Lucky Blue Smith person was but I assumed that was a stage name. Nope. According to Wikipedia, that's his birth name. His three sisters are named Pyper America, Starlie Cheyenne, and Daisy Clementine.

• Love 1

Speaking of snakes, Heidi looked like a giant green garter snake.

I was thinking leprechaun stripper.

If you turned a puppy into a man, you would end up with Lucky.

Actual suits, Tasha's was horrible. If she had made a print of the ubiquitous Chinese food cartons that at least would have been funny. Still can't believe she's only 33.

• Love 2

I was stunned that Tasha didn't lose based on such an ill-fitting suit, but I forgot that none of these judges think being "covered" by three tiny, little triangles is a problem. On the other hand, I liked Sarah's suit. Nina said, it looks like something a six year old would wear. But that's the thing, Nina, I assume we don't want to have the crotch and behind of a six year old hanging out, and I wouldn't want mine hanging out either!

Jenni's design looked like the packaging that maxi pads came in, in 1973.

Heidi's outfit was crazy! I'm surprised Tim didn't say, "Heidi, that's a lotta look!" It wasn't the cut that was as much a problem. It was the color. I'm over 40 and wear short skirts and shorts. If you can pull it off, why not? She should have gone with different boots.

Nina looked like one of the women on Sister Wives. They wear t-shirts under tank tops for modesty.  

• Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:14 PM, ethalfrida said:

Slightly off-topic but if you do not have cable where do you watch Project Runway for this season?

I watch it on the Lifetime web site. They usually post episodes the next day.

• Love 1