Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Zella said:

This is perhaps uncharitable of me, but I am 99% sure that Amy has no NDA and just likes teasing people with info to feel special and important because she's a classic attention whore, but then she claims she has an NDA to cover her ass when people ask her to really spill the beans because, in actuality, she has no beans to spill. 

Edit: And I say this as someone who used to believe her claim she had an NDA. 

I never fell for that line from Amy. She would have signed paperwork with the production company and TLC back in the day, but that would have been show specific and had an expiration date on it.  She also appeared on at least one other reality show, Marriage Bootcamp, and she would have signed the requisite paperwork for that.  I think Amy uses those documents to keep her from spilling her nonexistent tea about her uncle and cousins.  She likes people to think she is sitting on some explosive information.  If she really was, someone with enough clout and money would pay her to spill.  What's the worst that can happen, JB sues her for breaching the NDA?  I know he is litigious and arrogant, but does he really want to open that can of worms?  

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

She likes people to think she is sitting on some explosive information. 

Yeah that's what made me start to think she didn't have one. I've never seen anyone else with an NDA spend so much time drawing attention to the fact that they have one. 

• Love 15

I never got the impression that JB & M were anything but welcoming to Amy and Deanna. Sure he may have used Deanna's out of wedlock pregnancy as an example of sin, but it didn't seem mean spirited in the way they shared the story (from JB's & M's view).

I think Amy is so caught up in fame, she may not even realize what an ass she's turned into.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Yeah that's what made me start to think she didn't have one. I've never seen anyone else with an NDA spend so much time drawing attention to the fact that they have one. 

There is no way a 'family secret' NDA would make sense and it would be awfully hard to enforce.  I cannot picture JB spending money going after Amy if she somehow violated it since we all know she has limited personal assets.  JB would only sue if she had something worth getting.  Presuming the only tea Amy could reasonably spill would be about things she witnessed/experienced first hand; I just can't believe there is anything there.

Now, could it be that JB is executor of Mary's estate and there's some sort of trust fund from which Amy and/or Deanna is to receive a distribution?  Could be.  Might those distributions be made over time instead of all at once?  Sure.  Might Mary herself have put some limitations on the distribution including no public discussion of family business?  OK.  Amy might be limited somehow by her grandmother's estate.  But, that's not an NDA.

In any event. I, too, do not believe there is any sort of standard NDA signed by Amy nor do I actually think she knows anything about the Duggars that would be of interest to the general public.  

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I never fell for that line from Amy. She would have signed paperwork with the production company and TLC back in the day, but that would have been show specific and had an expiration date on it.  She also appeared on at least one other reality show, Marriage Bootcamp, and she would have signed the requisite paperwork for that.  I think Amy uses those documents to keep her from spilling her nonexistent tea about her uncle and cousins.  She likes people to think she is sitting on some explosive information.  If she really was, someone with enough clout and money would pay her to spill.  What's the worst that can happen, JB sues her for breaching the NDA?  I know he is litigious and arrogant, but does he really want to open that can of worms?  

Yep. If I were her, I would just go accept and break the NDA, because not all are even legal and if she signed one, why would it still be in effect? So I’m also leaning toward it’s nonexistent.

She's hinted repeatedly that she's trying to break it, which just further fuels my suspicions it doesn't exist. I mean, is this a Travis Story-authored NDA? My main takeaway from the trial (beyond Josh is really dumb and evil) is that Story is not very good at his job. Casting suspicion upon a former client who was sitting in jail as an overlooked suspect is just some of the most ridiculously bad lawyering I've ever heard of. I don't see him constructing an airtight NDA. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Zella said:

She's hinted repeatedly that she's trying to break it, which just further fuels my suspicions it doesn't exist. I mean, is this a Travis Story-authored NDA? My main takeaway from the trial (beyond Josh is really dumb and evil) is that Story is not very good at his job. Casting suspicion upon a former client who was sitting in jail as an overlooked suspect is just some of the most ridiculously bad lawyering I've ever heard of. I don't see him constructing an airtight NDA. 

Are we sure he even went to law school? Maybe he became a lawyer by watching one for an hour and decided he was an expert. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Are we sure he even went to law school? Maybe he became a lawyer by watching one for an hour and decided he was an expert. 

This led me down an interesting rabbit trail. I just checked out his LinkedIn--he bills himself an innovative NWA attorney! 👀--and apparently he attended Liberty University's law school. I found that a bit odd since he went to the U of A as an undergrad and most AR attorneys I know are U of A grads. But the internet tells me Liberty's program is pretty well known for its low admissions standards, so I suspect he was not exactly wowing anybody with his initial application. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 11
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Zella said:

This led me down an interesting rabbit trail. I just checked out his LinkedIn--he bills himself an innovative NWA attorney! 👀--and apparently he attended Liberty University's law school. I found that a bit odd since he went to the U of A as an undergrad and most AR attorneys I know are U of A grads. But the internet tells me Liberty's program is pretty well known for its low admissions standards, so I suspect he was not exactly wowing anybody with his initial application. 

No wonder he's so crappy. Liberty U doesn't exactly seem the place where their graduates are qualified for anything.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Lawyers can sometimes get a bad rap just because of their profession. Using the word innovative certainly can't help. Its almost like Story is advertising what a good liar he can be. ⚖️🤥

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

So Amy just announced that she's quitting Twitter (on Twitter). She claims people on there have been mean, judgemental and other things..most of it coming from a posr from her saying she feels horrible for people who don't have Jesus in their lives, etc. Some people made a bunch of comments about it she didn't like so she's all butt hurt about it. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 15

Amy writes an insulting statement (fuck-you Amy)

I truly feel sorry for anyone who doesn’t believe in Jesus. What a terrible life that would be. Devastating without any hope. Jesus says pray for your enemies. I’ve got a lot of praying to do!

Then claims folks twist things (again, fuck-you Amy)

I’m just over Twitter. You can’t say anything right anymore without someone twisting / assuming/ attacking and judging. IM OVER IT and I don’t think I’m coming back.

• LOL 16

I wonder if this has anything to do with Katie Joy/Withoutacrystalball?  The last couple of weeks, WOACB has been posting really harsh stuff about Amy and Duggars.  She has posted some messages between them also an interview that Amy asked her not to (because JB told/ask Amy to not make it public) even though I think (didn't watch) it was pretty fluffy, not negative about Duggars. WOACB claims she knew more about the Duggars than Amy and WOACB's supporters were harassing Amy. KJ, seems kind of unstable, who would want to be her "source" when they see her posting private conversations, etc. She is being really nasty about all the family, pretending it is to bring down a cult. Looks like someone wants to get in the documentary.  Amy should have just cut ties quietly and not posted anything on Twitter, just let her connection with WOACB fade away. I don't think Amy is evil but is immature and her need for attention causes her to make really bad choices (which she never learns from). 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Amy writes an insulting statement (fuck-you Amy)

I truly feel sorry for anyone who doesn’t believe in Jesus. What a terrible life that would be. Devastating without any hope. Jesus says pray for your enemies. I’ve got a lot of praying to do!

Then claims folks twist things (again, fuck-you Amy)

I’m just over Twitter. You can’t say anything right anymore without someone twisting / assuming/ attacking and judging. IM OVER IT and I don’t think I’m coming back.

Lol “I don’t think I’m coming back”

Never change Amy!  Always leave that door open just a crack. 

• LOL 12
On 10/22/2021 at 1:50 PM, BitterApple said:

What the heck?! How did we not hear about this before?! I can't believe no one dug up that Grandpa did time. And I'm totally not shocked that it was for fraud. As much as I can't stand Boob, maybe his criticisms of his father weren't totally unwarranted after all. Amy pretty much confirmed he wasn't a good guy.

I'm catching up so apologies for dragging up the past... post.  😉

There may be valid reasons that JB criticized his father.  Thinking, though, that fraud wasn't one of those reasons. I don't think Duggars are opposed to a little "creative accounting" or the odd financial shell game.  Jim Bob was probably disappointed in his father for getting caught. Not suggesting in any way that Jimmy Lee was otherwise a stand-up guy, just that the apple didn't fall that far from the tree

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Sooo, I guess we are just done with Twitter? Not Instagram?

Yeah, she posted on IG the day she "quit" Twitter, so I figured that was off the table. She needs it for her business, which I suspect is about 90% mail order.

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In May this thread will not include any Howlers.

Thank you for calling them "Howlers"  Somehow on reddit people started refer to them as the "lost boys"  no no no, it was always "the howlers and the lost girls".   "Lost boys" is like nails ona chalkboard to me.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In May this thread will not include any Howlers. Tyler will be the only guy in this group. It'll basically be Amy, Tyler and the Lost Girls.

Wow. Really hard to believe. And that we’ve all been following them this long that we’ve seen them enter and age out of this category!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, awaken said:

Wow. Really hard to believe. And that we’ve all been following them this long that we’ve seen them enter and age out of this category!

Shocking, is it not? I know more about them than I do about any other person *slinks off in shame

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 2/18/2022 at 11:00 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Jackson already has an LLC in his name! 

Feb 11th Jackson"s LLC purchased a 10 acre lot with an old moblie home on it for $35,000. weird shaped lot that looks like a Z.

2.5 miles from the TTH, down a side road by the landfill.

Edited by crazy8s
added price paid per Tax Stamp record
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I’m not an Amy apologist or fan. I do give her credit for the effort she puts in involving Daxie in activities, especially when they must stay indoors. She has a video on IG where Daxon slides on a plastic track, and knocks down plastic bowling pins. She transformed a shower into an indoor splash pad, played with noodles, brought snow to play in the kitchen sink, and I forget many others. Life is easier when you only have one child to entertain, but I think most Duggars would manage to ignore even an only child. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
On 2/23/2022 at 10:20 AM, crazy8s said:

Feb 11th Jackson"s LLC purchased a 10 acre lot with an old moblie home on it for $35,000. weird shaped lot that looks like a Z.

2.5 miles from the TTH, down a side road by the landfill.

Huh.  Well he is just about courting age.  Gotta move the eventual child bride somewhere.  I guess.

17 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

He mowed lawns? I kid I kid. Daddy bought it for him in exchange for something…

That's the Howlers' compensation for their bit parts on 19 Kids and CO. Boob buys their first flip property and possibly building materials for their first flip. 

• Useful 6
On 2/19/2022 at 3:52 AM, ginger90 said:

I feel old.

You and me both. I no longer remember where I even came across the Duggars. It's been at least a decade. Yikes on a bike.

Not many of them left now. At least they won't have to parade in front of cameras anymore

• Love 4
On 2/24/2022 at 10:58 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

That's the Howlers' compensation for their bit parts on 19 Kids and CO. Boob buys their first flip property and possibly building materials for their first flip. 

I have to question whether this is a life's work. 

There are a limited number of "flip" properties in any community. That number might be high in NW Arkansas right now, but it's not infinite, and only one son has dared to venture even a few miles outside JB's area of control.

I also find it unlikely that the Duggars will develop any sort of reputation for high quality workmanship, and I can see them having increasing difficulty in off-loading properties going forward. They may all eventually end up selling used cars or something similar.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I have to question whether this is a life's work. 

There are a limited number of "flip" properties in any community. That number might be high in NW Arkansas right now, but it's not infinite, and only one son has dared to venture even a few miles outside JB's area of control.

I also find it unlikely that the Duggars will develop any sort of reputation for high quality workmanship, and I can see them having increasing difficulty in off-loading properties going forward. They may all eventually end up selling used cars or something similar.

I don't think all of the Duggar properties are 'flip' properties. Many times they're holding onto to real estate until they can sell at a profit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Jason, Josiah, and Jere certainly have moved beyond house flipping. Those 3 along with Austin and Dwain swanson have been snapping up properties like crazy in Bella Vista. They seem to be buying them cheap, anywhere from $2,000 to $12,000. A ll 5 of those guys have a contractors license and have been building houses on the lots which Joe has been selling for $350,000 to $450,000. 

the cheap lots seem to be purchased mostly from older people out of state or owner have passed away and relatives sell the lot. @Zella has mentioned Bella Vista is more a retirement area, so maybe people who thought they would build a house their change their minds and sell the lots or whatever.

JB funds the first flip, but then I think they guys are supposed to use that money to profit duggar enterprises as the whole.

In Jackson case, I am not sure what was on the lot worth flipping. I think the mobile home on it is really old.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2