Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

She needs to go back to her Chinese-import fast fashion business and disappear into the Arkansas abyss.

Amy's greatest fear -- disappearing! 

In the age of infinite "publication" and infinite social media, I think the Duggs' "fame" convinced FAmy that she not only needs to be projecting some phony image all over social media daily to validate that she still exists (the way most people do) but that she also needs to be the source of some online gossip-outlet story or, better, be in some story -- as "the rebel Duggar," for instance -- a few times a year to prove her existence. 

She may have almost as hard a time adjusting to the gradually waning public interest in all things Duggar as JB will. (and personally I kind of think JB may actually be becoming unhinged in the face of their collapsing prominence......Maybe he and FAmy should go to therapy together.) 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Famy is so desperate to stay relevant.  I'm sure she has a few interesting facts the public is not aware of, but is most likely keeping it all under wraps until the jury reaches a verdict.   Hell, she could write her own version of a tell-all and make a few bucks, but I doubt much will be revealed beyond what we already know now.  She needs to go back to her Chinese-import fast fashion business and disappear into the Arkansas abyss.

She can't write a tell-all until she gets out from under Boob's NDA. And with Smuggar likely headed to prison, I doubt that will happen. I think the tell-all will come from the Dillards. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Amy's greatest fear -- disappearing! 

In the age of infinite "publication" and infinite social media, I think the Duggs' "fame" convinced FAmy that she not only needs to be projecting some phony image all over social media daily to validate that she still exists (the way most people do) but that she also needs to be the source of some online gossip-outlet story or, better, be in some story -- as "the rebel Duggar," for instance -- a few times a year to prove her existence. 

She may have almost as hard a time adjusting to the gradually waning public interest in all things Duggar as JB will. (and personally I kind of think JB may actually be becoming unhinged in the face of their collapsing prominence......Maybe he and FAmy should go to therapy together.) 

According to her messy Instagram live (in which she may or may not be intoxicated?) she is "God's chosen vessel" to speak out against cruelty to children. God has given her this purpose in life because he knows she's not "meek" and that she can speak out on the IBLP too and "oh God I know they hate it. I know they hate it" she says. She knows she's driving her family crazy with her posts but it's her mission. So basically we have a highly complex God situation that is using all the Duggars for various reasons - but of course they are all interpreting his messages differently. Fun.

• LOL 9

This is the same Amy who took a job helping troubled girls and didn't last a month, right? Such an advocate 🙄

I guess she's enjoying her newfound hero status, but I side-eye anyone who gets off on trashing their family. Even if criticism of Boob and Josh is warranted, dumping fuel on the fire isn't helping matters. As far as speaking out against the IBLP and child abuse, yeah, right. Once the trial's over, she'll be back to hawking her shitty clothes.

• Love 18
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

This is the same Amy who took a job helping troubled girls and didn't last a month, right? Such an advocate 🙄

I guess she's enjoying her newfound hero status, but I side-eye anyone who gets off on trashing their family. Even if criticism of Boob and Josh is warranted, dumping fuel on the fire isn't helping matters. As far as speaking out against the IBLP and child abuse, yeah, right. Once the trial's over, she'll be back to hawking her shitty clothes.

OMG I forgot all about the job she mentioned one time and then never again.

I don't really have a problem with people being vocal about toxic relatives. As someone with her share of toxic relatives, I think there's real value in not just letting them walk over you but handling it in a way that is as drama free as possible. (Because they want the drama.) And I think there's value in being open about it because I think a lot of toxic behavior is normalized by people politely nodding their heads and not saying anything. 

It's the way Amy goes about it that I find off-putting. I don't doubt she has valid reasons for disliking Jim Bob and Josh but she a) changes her story without ever owning that she's changed it, b) loudly complains about all the negative attention she gets while continuing to actively court that attention--like her relationship with Katie Joy blowing up in her face, c) continually teases information that never actually materializes, and d) acts like she is the biggest martyr who ever martyred.

Move over off that cross, Jesus--here comes Amy Duggar King! 

And in the process of doing d), she seems to often rip the narrative away from the people who are actual victims--like her cousins. 

I'm honestly not even sure what Amy would have to say about IBLP. She didn't grow up in it. If she wanted to be a genuine advocate for abused children, that's great. I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think she's capable of advocating for anyone but herself. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

What happened with Amy and Katie Joy? I thought Amy was KJ's main source? (Aside from stealing comments from Reddit).

KJ and Famy seem fine. They're commenting on each other's SM as of just yesterday, I think. It looked like something had gone down because of how snippy both of them were leading up to the trial, but I guess they were just going through their own individual shit. 

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

What happened with Amy and Katie Joy? I thought Amy was KJ's main source? (Aside from stealing comments from Reddit).

Well, it seems like they patched it up, but a couple of weeks ago, Amy got caught in a feud between KJ and some other content creator and Amy basically ended up throwing KJ under the bus by saying she didn't realize they were feuding and had essentially been baited into trashing the other person. As much as I dislike Amy, I can actually believe that she was unaware there was this weird West Side Story thing going on between them that she stepped in the middle of, but I think cozying up to KJ then and now shows remarkably poor judgment. 

I think it also involved KJ insinuating she had been invited to Arkansas for the trial by Amy and Amy being like "No you're not." 

I feel like I'm recapping a soap opera episode and hope someone else can jump in to fill in any blanks. It was a lot to try to parse and process, which someone else did at the time. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 8
  • Love 3

Oh, I forgot about Backwoods Barbie, or whatever her name is. I still don't understand wth went on there. But yeah, Famy did confirm that KJ wasn't staying with her during the trial and that she'd probably be out of town. 

Sounds like she stayed home and KJ never went to AR.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It’s always a positive thing when someone brings the sickening abuses of IBLP to light, IMHO. No matter what the reason. Not enough people are aware of how much harm they have done, and continue to do. The Bates need to be exposed more for their part in it as well.

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

If Josh and JB were unfortunately part of my family, I’d have no qualms about trashing them left and right for all the harm they’ve caused. There are still many young kids in their homes.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 11

If Amy has truly found her (eleventeenth) calling then have at it. Become an advocate against child abuse. But the Duggar name should not be a part of it. Not her story to tell, never mind she does it in a mean spirited gossipy way. That's not advocacy, that's Hatfield and McCoy. 

• Love 7

Maybe Amy could start her support by donating some of her profits from her clothing store to child advocacy groups.

Other than that, what is she going to do? Go around the speaking circuit saying she has cousins who were abused but she didn't do anything because she didn't know?

Is she going to volunteer for CASA? (she can't post on SM about that)

Is she going to become a foster parent? (again, she can't post on SM about that)

Maybe should use her next wine induced stupor to take a look at why she can't (publicly) separate herself from the Duggars. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Amy could start her support by donating some of her profits from her clothing store to child advocacy groups.

Other than that, what is she going to do? Go around the speaking circuit saying she has cousins who were abused but she didn't do anything because she didn't know?

Is she going to volunteer for CASA? (she can't post on SM about that)

Is she going to become a foster parent? (again, she can't post on SM about that)

Maybe should use her next wine induced stupor to take a look at why she can't (publicly) separate herself from the Duggars. 

I agree that all of those options for volunteering would be wonderful, but given JB’s current aspirations, someone needs to loudly attempt to expose him and not let up. Looks like Amy is the only one willing to do that right now. I wish Deanna would also step up. This doesn’t mean I think Amy isn’t somewhat self serving and a famewhore, but it’s better than silence regarding what a deplorable POS he is.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I agree that all of those options for volunteering would be wonderful, but given JB’s current aspirations, someone needs to loudly attempt to expose him and not let up. Looks like Amy is the only one willing to do that right now. I wish Deanna would also step up. This doesn’t mean I think Amy isn’t somewhat self serving and a famewhore, but it’s better than silence regarding what a deplorable POS he is.

Not sure what kind of following Amy has, but the court proceedings are being picked up by Fox and People. That means a broad spectrum of folks are hearing/reading about JB's sexually deviant son - everyday.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not sure what kind of following Amy has, but the court proceedings are being picked up by Fox and People. That means a broad spectrum of folks are hearing/reading about JB's sexually deviant son - everyday.

Good. I have my doubts that Fox watchers/readers even care, but People has a broader audience.

• Love 7

Going slightly off-topic from the trial, but has it every been mentioned what kind of relationship Amy had with Grandpa Duggar?  We know she was very close to Mary, but I feel like once that poor man was pushed down the hallway for the last time, he was never mentioned again.  

Edited by sixlets

Several pages back, there was a post about Grandpa Duggar. Apparently, he did time in prison for fraud and, according to Amy, he was not a “safe person.” Sounds like she wasn’t around him much growing up.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, AgathaC said:

Several pages back, there was a post about Grandpa Duggar. Apparently, he did time in prison for fraud and, according to Amy, he was not a “safe person.” Sounds like she wasn’t around him much growing up.

Gramps did time in prison? How has that never come out before? 

3 hours ago, AgathaC said:

I'm not throwing shade on Grandpa Duggar (or Grandpa Raurke) specifically, but I think that both JB and J'chelle has some very significant trauma in their youth that is just never talked about.

It's possible that the trauma was as insignificant (to me) as what JB has said: Grandpa Duggar didn't love Jesus enough, but I think it was something more. There's a reason that these two people were so vulnerable to a cult and a reason that they desperately seek control over every aspect of life.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4

Grandpa Duggar was found guilty of running a shady used car dealership; likely tampering with the odometer, etc. He most likely did some time in the county jail...nothing like his wonderful grandson, Joshie is facing now. Grandpa Duggar was small potatoes as the saying goes. Still, it should be a shame on the family to have someone do 'time' in any jail. They still mis-represented themselves IMO to TLC and the viewing public. Liars they all are.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, zoomama said:

is it my imagination or has amy dropped off the radar after the few posts earlier in the trial? seems to have gotten really quiet over there. wonder if they got a warning?

I'm surprised that she hasn't made an appearance at court. 

• LOL 3

I could be wrong here, but I do not believe JB made Amy and her mother sign any NDA.  All of Amy's cryptic tweets read to me as Amy wanting attention or Amy wanting us to believe she knows more than what she does.  I really do not see what information Amy might know that would necessitate JB forcing her to sign a NDA and would make it impossible for Amy not to break.  Yes, TLC would have made Amy sign a release and maybe a NDA to keep how the sausage got made for the show quiet, but that would only cover the times filming occurred.  I think Amy is conflating those documents with the network with a NDA her uncle made her sign in order not to spill everything for free.  Because Amy would spill all the tea if a major network came calling or a major publishing house offered a book deal.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

g2dnpderux481.jpg

Gotta be honest here. Amy doesn't get to choose how people take care of their mental health. Some could certainly benefit from talking to a reputable (not just professional) counselor. But others might choose to process their experiences differently. She really needs to stop hurting and shouting these things from twitter in my opinion. Who is she to say ON TWITTER how the girls should live. I understand the discussion regarding whether or not the Duggars got their children "real help" - but these children are now adults and trying to live through a difficult time. Amy's tweets don't help them.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I stumbled upon this when looking for something else. When is it Amy claims they cut ties with the Duggars? This pic was taken 3 months after Grandma Mary died, at a birthday party for Michelle.

image.png.c4bb7308591677ddccda8db83a4c40ca.png

Michelle is wearing an apron at her own birthday party? Someone needs to teach her how/when to cosplay. 

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

to Amy -your post about time with your son and the one thing you would not do is fall asleep is different how??

I would say that passive aggressive snarky posts aren’t the same as “bullying,” but Amy should at least own that.

• Love 4
Just now, Cinnabon said:

I would say that passive aggressive snarky posts aren’t the same as “bullying,” but Amy should at least own that.

i was thinking along the lines of more clicks/views more money. whether Amy gets any money or not, she certainly posts many things to get more views

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I'm starting to wonder if Amy has some kind of social media bipolar disorder. A person could get whiplash from how fast she changes her tune.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Amy has a personality disorder. 

• Love 8

I think she must just be obsessed with fame. Seems to me she must have a personality that easily becomes a victim of social media and faux-celebrity culture. An addict, ever since Uncle Jim Bob and Aunt Meechelle and the cuzzes became famous for nothing and showed that fame was obtainable. And presumably obtainable for her because of her connection with them. Now she'll say anything -- true, false, nasty, overly nice, whatever  -- that gets her a little more time at the edge of their spotlight. 

IT's like an insidious infectious disease. 

1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

I

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think she must just be obsessed with fame. Seems to me she must have a personality that easily becomes a victim of social media and faux-celebrity culture. An addict, ever since Uncle Jim Bob and Aunt Meechelle and the cuzzes became famous for nothing and showed that fame was obtainable. And presumably obtainable for her because of her connection with them. Now she'll say anything -- true, false, nasty, overly nice, whatever  -- that gets her a little more time at the edge of their spotlight. 

IT's like an insidious infectious disease. 

So, just like most Duggars, must be genetic.

13 hours ago, jschoolgirl said:

Such a timely topic. 😉

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SMama said:

So, just like most Duggars, must be genetic.

Such a timely topic. 😉

Those sociopathic traits are far too common in our world nowadays. Actually makes it hard to pinpoint exactly who she’s referring to!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If Amy's husband is infected with the Omicron variant, she and Dax are likely already brewing covid. If so, I hope Dax has a mild case and Amy has a shitty, but not dangerous, case.

My best friend's son in law felt sick on Saturday, tested positive on Sunday, his wife started to feel sick Sunday and positive on Tuesday. It moves fast.