Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)

What's ironic about the entire letter situation is that it's highly unlikely that Anna even saw it. She doesn't follow Amy and if Anna blocked her, she wouldn't have received a notification that she was tagged in Amy's post. 

Even if there was occasion for Anna to read it, she probably just rolled her eyes and added Amy to her persecution list. As we know, Anna is still convinced that her husband was framed. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Clarity
  • Love 8

I'd like Amy a hell of a lot more if she would drop the pretense that she pulls these stunts for any reason other than getting online karma and feeling smug or if she would be honest about her own role in courting Duggar adjacent stardom. If she actually gave a shit, she wouldn't periodically post an open letter none of them will read in between making fun of them,  repurposing her cousins' abuse to make herself the prime victim, and cuddling up to people like WCOAB. 

Honestly if I were a Duggar (God forbid) and Amy posted this shit about me after she'd alternated between being insulting and acting like she was the biggest victim in the family, she is the absolute last person I'd reach out to for help. I don't doubt that she's had her share of hurt and humiliation, but she wants to pretend like she is an innocent bystander when she's not. She can just go sit the fuck down and shut up as far as I'm concerned. 

• Love 24
29 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What's ironic about the entire letter situation is that it's highly unlikely that Anna even saw it. She doesn't follow Amy and if Anna blocked her, she wouldn't have received a notification that she was tagged in Amy's post. 

Even if there was occasion for Anna to read it, she probably just rolled her eyes and added Amy to her persecution list. As we know, Anna is still convinced that her husband was framed. 

Do you really think Amy posted that open letter on her Instagram expecting Anna to read it?  I don't.  I think anytime someone airs family business on the internet means he/she/they are chasing clout and not because they want to help their family member.  

• Love 11

One minor correction, @Zella. KJ and Famy are no longer besties. There was a big blowup over another YT creator's content. Remember Backwoods Barbie? 😀

1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Do you really think Amy posted that open letter on her Instagram expecting Anna to read it?  I don't.  I think anytime someone airs family business on the internet means he/she/they are chasing clout and not because they want to help their family member.  

Well, Famy got her clout. Several news agencies, including People, picked it up. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

One minor correction, @Zella. KJ and Famy are no longer besties. There was a big blowup over another YT creator's content. Remember Backwoods Barbie? 😀

Well, Famy got her clout. Several news agencies, including People, picked it up. 

Yea it blew up but then I think they interacted again. My favorite part was Amy acting shocked WOACB was a lunatic. 😂

• LOL 8

Amy's letter reminds me of people on snark forums who say stuff like, "Janillessinger if you're readying this, DM me and I'll help you get out!" As if anyone is going to seek out help from people who constantly talk shit about their family and beliefs. Amy went on a twitter rant about Josh and then 30 seconds later posts an open letter to Anna--who's made it clear that she stands by her man--offering her support.  Obviously, I have no moral issue with talking shit about people and their beliefs in general and Josh in particular, but you can't deliberately hurt people's feelings for their own good. If her primary concern is to be there for Anna, then she shouldn't be going off. She doesn't have to defend Josh at all, and it's likely that anything but a defense feels insulting to Anna, but she can't be deliberately antagonistic and then reach out a helping hand. It's like punching someone with one hand and then immediately handing over an ice pack with the other. 

That all sounds way more sympathetic towards Anna than I like, because I really have no sympathy for that woman and believe that any hope of her opening her eyes is pointless, but Amy's shtick is just so galling. 

• Love 16
On 5/17/2022 at 2:02 PM, GeeGolly said:

How would Amy feel if someone wrote her a letter on SM calling her out on all her shit?

I know what she would think - she would call them bullies and trolls, like with the meme she posted. Please note Amy's son's name is Daxton and her pinned Tweet is: 

image.png.99e92745e94f3068ba0f56e3e260f18e.png

image.png.059e3d97624c1b10e284b90cab5121a9.png

I loooooove Reddit starter packs!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 5/17/2022 at 3:02 PM, GeeGolly said:

How would Amy feel if someone wrote her a letter on SM calling her out on all her shit?

I know what she would think - she would call them bullies and trolls, like with the meme she posted. Please note Amy's son's name is Daxton and her pinned Tweet is: 

image.png.99e92745e94f3068ba0f56e3e260f18e.png

image.png.059e3d97624c1b10e284b90cab5121a9.png

well, to be fair, she could have spelled it Dhaxtyn.  She's probably kicking herself for not thinking of it.  

As someone who hires for my department, it's hard for me to see these names and not immediately wonder "Are they in a weird Jesus cult or are their moms selling Lularoe?" and then spend too much time trying to figure out how to pronounce their name.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

well, to be fair, she could have spelled it Dhaxtyn.  She's probably kicking herself for not thinking of it.  

As someone who hires for my department, it's hard for me to see these names and not immediately wonder "Are they in a weird Jesus cult or are their moms selling Lularoe?" and then spend too much time trying to figure out how to pronounce their name.

I read an article that had a guy named Jaden Hayden (he committed a murder but wasn’t charged). 

Ha it’s not too late to change it legally to Dhaxtyn 🤣

• LOL 2

OIP.fUJQzAsn4xYCV6l3bHP-1gHaEK?pid=ImgDe

Bringing a discussion from the Lonely Js thread to here...Tyler was occasionally on Counting On. He wasn't prominent, but he was seen more than say, Katey, Hannah, or even Claire, none of whom were really on the show (other than a little bit of Claire at the tail end). He has also appeared in some THs, typically with Jackson.

image.thumb.png.3fa5c1fbab2704d7bc79dc884fb4509d.png

There isn't really anything to snark about with him, but that's because he's a minor, not necessarily because of how prominent he was or wasn't on the show.

• Love 4
(edited)

IIRC wasn't there a restriction on him being featured in any social media (and I assume the show) while they were going through the court process with him? I hadn't realized that that had been lifted and he had appeared in anything, but it makes sense. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Zella said:

IIRC wasn't there a restriction on him being featured in any social media (and I assume the show) while they were going through the court process with him? I hadn't realized that that had been lifted and he had appeared in anything, but it makes sense. 

I think before they had permanent legal guardianship (and were foster parents) they weren’t allowed to feature him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think before they had permanent legal guardianship (and were foster parents) they weren’t allowed to feature him. 

Thanks--yes that's it! I knew something had happened, and I didn't think it was a full adoption but was blanking on the specifics. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I thought foster parents were obligated to send foster children to school. Public or private. 

1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

I thought foster parents were obligated to send foster children to school. Public or private. 

Tyler may have continued to go to school when he lived with the Duggars, before they had legal guardianship. 

1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They aren't foster parents. They have legal guardianship. 

They were foster parents before they were granted the guardianship, i believe.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I feel Tyler is 'safe' from too much snark as we don't know a lot about him. The thing I remember most is how he killed it in (I think) their scavenger hunt.

Was that the scavenger hunt in which Joy had problems with simple math? 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Was that the scavenger hunt in which Joy had problems with simple math? 

Hahaha yes - where Austin had to tell her x meant to multiply. She kept reading the question number of duggar kids x....

Saying x as a letter with no comprehension what it stood for in a story problem type sentence.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/23/2022 at 1:37 AM, GeeGolly said:

Tyler may have continued to go to school when he lived with the Duggars, before they had . 

We'll probably never know, unless someone talks publicly about it. But since Tyler did go to public school through at least, what, 3rd or 4th grade? He probably has a better education foundation than his cousins. He's also probably less afraid of school or any kind of higher learning (community college, trade school, university). I would love it if he still went to public school, but once the Duggs had full custody, I'm sure he because part of the home-schooling pack. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, MunichNark said:

The fact that JTyler had a "normal" upbringing in some aspects of his life will stand him in good stead in future.

Tyler lived with his mother until he was 7 and since then she has never filed to absolve the guardianship and have him live with her, so I'm question how "normal" his early years were compared to the Duggars.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Tyler lived with his mother until he was 7 and since then she has never filed to absolve the guardianship and have him live with her, so I'm question how "normal" his early years were compared to the Duggars.

Didn't she have addiction problems? I can't recall her vice of choice, but I seem to recall she was unfit. Then she married, had another baby (who died, IIRC). Haven't heard from her since. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I'm not 100% sure on the timeline of his story, but it seems like his early years were very chaotic.

It wouldn't surprise me if the combination of chaos and rigidity of the Duggar hh doesn't suit him well (he always appears very happy). I think he's a very vulnerable kid, and may well end up being the most religious and dogmatic of them all.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Amy... not everything has to be done via social media. I'm sure you can reach out to Anna privately. 

Has she posted something new? I don't see anything on IG, and I don't do Twitter.

I really don't get Amy. Josh is being sentenced for his crimes relating to CSA. Amy wasn't a victim. Amy's cousins were not victims of these crimes. Amy's cousins wish their status as previous victims of Josh wasn't public.

So it seems Amy needing to be loved by Duggar haters supersedes everything else?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I really don't get Amy. Josh is being sentenced for his crimes relating to CSA. Amy wasn't a victim. Amy's cousins were not victims of these crimes. Amy's cousins wish their status as previous victims of Josh wasn't public.

So it seems Amy needing to be loved by Duggar haters supersedes everything else?

The thirst is real.

Amy has glamorous sides to her life? 🤡

And I don't know, maybe its me, but I wouldn't think seeing a cousin you apparently hate go to prison would be particularly grueling. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Unless of course you insert yourself into a place you have no business being in. 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Amy has glamorous sides to her life? 🤡

And I don't know, maybe its me, but I wouldn't think seeing a cousin you apparently hate go to prison would be particularly grueling. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Unless of course you insert yourself into a place you have no business being in. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Well, that's it exactly.  Look at how many times Amy had to post on SM about Josh and his crimes before she finally got some media attention!  Time was running out and she saw her last chance and she grabbed it!  Grueling, people, just grueling.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5