Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Why does she think any of this is happening to her? She’s said repeatedly that she had no idea anything was even going on.

Well, she lost the chance to appear on future Counting On episodes, and any marketing opportunities that could have come from that.

Miniscule compared to what the rest of the Duggarlings - and presumably at least some of the Kellers - are going through, but enough to anger her. 

• Love 1

I admit that I don't see the draw in having a video recording with an actual celebrity, but why would anyone pay $50 for a Z list wanna-be?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

The video: Amy says people really love "au- then- tisy"   The article corrected her words and used  "authenticity."

And yeah the Kardashian's are "real." What?

She says the Duggar family should not get a second chance (um..third?) at reality TV. But she is totally willing to do a reality show - with Jill. I wonder if she would support Jinger? or Joy?

• LOL 3
(edited)

The last thing the Dillards need is involvement in a reality show. Derick is no longer half assing a fake missionary life. He’s already behind his peers due to his time spent chasing shiny objects.  Like some have already noted, it would be best for them to stay out of SM altogether. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 6
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

The last thing the Dillards need is involvement in a reality show. Derick is no longer half assing a fake missionary life. He’s already behind his peers due to his time chasing shiny objects.  Like some have already noted, it would be best for them to stay out of SM altogether. 

I wonder how he explained his spotty work history in interviews.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Anyone seen the item (over on Reddit if you haven't) about 2 people from a well known family with a fuckton of kids are writing a tell-all? Cousin and other, apparently. People are speculating it's Amy and Jill. Personally, I don't see it. Amy has nothing to tell and I don't thnk Jill's the type for such a thing

• Like 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Anyone seen the item (over on Reddit if you haven't) about 2 people from a well known family with a fuckton of kids are writing a tell-all? Cousin and other, apparently. People are speculating it's Amy and Jill. Personally, I don't see it. Amy has nothing to tell and I don't thnk Jill's the type for such a thing

Unless she has had a complete about-face, I don't see Jill doing it either.

I could see Amy and Derick trying to do this, but I think they'd be sadly surprised they don't know anything about the Duggars that the public doesn't already know. Plus Amy and Derick are truth twisters, so any book would be filled liars.

• Love 7

I have never gotten a writing a tell-all vibe from Jill either. When she has mentioned her estrangement with the family publicly, she has always done so with quite a bit more discretion than either Amy or Derick. My impression was that it pained her more than anything and that she didn't enjoy discussing it.  

• Like 10
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, MunichNark said:

The Duggarsnark subreddit was having fun this weekend with shitposting and zero mod intervention.  I would check the timestamp on that post to see when it was posted.  Most likely, someone was having fun posting that.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The Duggarsnark subreddit was having fun this weekend with shitposting and zero mod intervention.  I would check the timestamp on that post to see when it was posted.  Most likely, someone was having fun posting that.

It was from a blind item submitted to Deuxmoi. I saw the originial post on Deuxmoi. But anyone can submit things there and they are not vetted, just posted as is, so there is no way to check if it's legitimate. I thought about posting it here, but decided against it since it can't be verified, and I personally doubted it. I took it to be rumor/speculation or just wishful thinking. If it happens, we'll know about it then. 

Edited by all fall down
  • Love 2
On 6/5/2022 at 7:44 PM, Dehumidifier said:

I wonder how he explained his spotty work history in interviews.

I don’t think his work history is out of the ordinary for someone his age. 

30 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I don’t think his work history is out of the ordinary for someone his age. 

He's 10 years past typical college grad age and has had only one fulltime job during that time, at least that I know of, and that was 5ish years ago. Depending on what he put on his resume, I would have questions about it during an interview.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

He's 10 years past typical college grad age and has had only one fulltime job during that time, at least that I know of, and that was 5ish years ago. Depending on what he put on his resume, I would have questions about it during an interview.

He put his stint at Cross Church on his LinkedIn. That wasn't a job. He paid THEM. $12,000 IIRC. 

I can't believe it, but they've been married almost 8 years. He was at Walmart then. Aside from the law school internships, he hasn't had a steady job. I don't know what to call the "mission" stint in Danger America since he's now claiming they weren't compensated.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
On 6/4/2022 at 7:50 PM, Nysha said:

I admit that I don't see the draw in having a video recording with an actual celebrity, but why would anyone pay $50 for a Z list wanna-be?

I bought a cameo once for an ex-she was a huge fan of a minor drag performer, and so I figured the cameo would be a cool gift as well as a way to support an artist who couldn't do much performing as this was the height of the pandemic. 

I do not know why anyone would want a message from Amy though...

• Like 11
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure he put the time he spent as an missionary in the appropriate places on his resume, either counted his time at Cross Church as being in school or a pastoral/mission internship, and since then he has been in school getting a law degree. A lot of places would think his time in Nepal and South America is good experience in understanding other cultures and diversity. Also, since he was an xtian missionary, they're not going to question that he enrolled in a program at Cross Church for more training to become a better minister. 

His future employers may know he's part of the Duggar circus, but very few people in general take as much interest in their little lives as we do. As long as his references are good and nothing shows up on his background check his chances of being hired are as good as the next person's.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I'm sure he put the time he spent as an missionary in the appropriate places on his resume, either counted his time at Cross Church as being in school or a pastoral/mission internship, and since then he has been in school getting a law degree. A lot of places would think his time in Nepal and South America is good experience in understanding other cultures and diversity. Also, since he was an xtian missionary, they're not going to question that he enrolled in a program at Cross Church for more training to become a better minister. 

His future employers may know he's part of the Duggar circus, but very few people in general take as much interest in their little lives as we do. As long as his references are good and nothing shows up on his background check his chances of being hired are as good as the next person's.

Yes, if anything, Derick's mission experiences are a plus in the search for a job.  It makes him a more well-rounded and culturally sensitive person in their eyes.  Almost any volunteer work can help set a candidate apart and many employers would like the idea of a guy who was out trying to make the world a better place without concern about making a buck.  Not that that's what Derick actually did, of course, but how he will spin it in interviews.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Hopefully none of Dreck’s co workers have seen the videos of him dancing or preaching or whatever he was doing in Danger America. They won’t be able to keep a straight face if they have! Or, I can just picture him talking to someone who got arrested for some minor thing and them being like, aren’t you the guy who was puking while jogging on TV?

• LOL 12
5 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Hopefully none of Dreck’s co workers have seen the videos of him dancing or preaching or whatever he was doing in Danger America. They won’t be able to keep a straight face if they have! Or, I can just picture him talking to someone who got arrested for some minor thing and them being like, aren’t you the guy who was puking while jogging on TV?

Or the time at the trampoline park!!  😂😂 going through the obstacles. His new coworkers would just LOVE that!  

• LOL 8
(edited)

I think law school helps cover how spotty his job history is. Or makes it less noticeable than if he was job hunting immediately after that string of started and abandoned endeavors. It is something I'd side-eye if I was hiring because I'd wonder about his follow-through abilities. 

Then again, I have a couple of friends who have literally burned through 10+ jobs since graduation and they graduated later than Derick, and somehow people still keep fucking hiring them. And they still keep quitting for the most bizarre fucking reasons before a year is up. LOL 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I wear dresses a lot in the summer (especially to work) but usually ones that are nice and airy. I currently have a striped tank dress and as the building is cool at work, I have a light button down shirt as a "jacket". It is going to be 100 today so it was a given to wear. 

I guess the others look "sporty" but if she likes it, she likes it. However, I do question if she actually went and bought it or if it was hanging in they communal closet? 

Quoting @libgirl2 from the Jinger thread. 

I highly doubt there’s a communal closet any more, there are a lot fewer people left at the TTH, and Johannah/Jennifer were the first girls in a long while, so likely they got new stuff and Jordyn/Josie will wear their hand me downs.

In my opinion that’s worth 2 cents, is that JB probably tells Jana how much she can spend on the minor kids clothes, and Jana takes the younger girls shopping/or lets them choose online and she orders it.

(Including the photo I’m referencing)

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I highly doubt there’s a communal closet any more, there are a lot fewer people left at the TTH, and Johannah/Jennifer were the first girls in a long while, so likely they got new stuff and Jordyn/Josie will wear their hand me downs.

In my opinion that’s worth 2 cents, is that JB probably tells Jana how much she can spend on the minor kids clothes, and Jana takes the younger girls shopping/or lets them choose online and she orders it.

image.jpeg

I didn't think about that. Good point. I guess than it is something she likes. I can't say I was a fashion plate at that age. Plus the others are older and more "worldly" than she is. 

• Useful 2

Honestly, I hope that's the case. The fact that Jennifer is frequently pictured in the same few ill-fitting dresses makes me wonder. (I don't know about this one, but there was that floral one that she was pictured in for like a solid year there...)

Johannah definitely favors the T-shirts and skirts, so I guess there's some choice and Jennifer just likes dresses... still hoping she runs for freedom someday! (Or at least moves in with Jill the minute she turns 18.)

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I didn't think about that. Good point. I guess than it is something she likes. I can't say I was a fashion plate at that age. Plus the others are older and more "worldly" than she is. 

How old is Jenni now? 15?- 14, she was born August 2007 (I looked it up) 

Thats a time a lot of kids experiment with different styles. If she chose it for herself more power too her, but I hate to think of her not having sunglasses if she needs them. She may have just forgotten them. 

• Love 4

I think she dresses to hide her body. I recall her in something more form fitting and noted that she's a very busty young woman. Keeping pure and not letting boys stumble have likely been drummed into her head since Meech/Jana gave her her first box of maxi pads. 😢

• Sad 15
  • Love 2

I agree; she's also much taller than the other girls. It always seems like she's hunched over and hiding her shape. I think she dresses like that because someone has told her she needs to look more "feminine". 

• Sad 15
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

image.jpeg

I don't hate this dress, but it doesn't really go with her sandals, so I think that's the problem I'm having with it. Also, she never seems to be really smiling in any of the photos, which makes me sad. I don't think she needs to perform for the camera if she doesn't want, but she definitely sticks out in that photo with her sisters and not because of the dress.

• Sad 7
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I don't hate this dress, but it doesn't really go with her sandals, so I think that's the problem I'm having with it. Also, she never seems to be really smiling in any of the photos, which makes me sad. I don't think she needs to perform for the camera if she doesn't want, but she definitely sticks out in that photo with her sisters and not because of the dress.

I agree she looks sad. And she ALWAYS looks sad in every photo, even if it’s something “fun” (like a day on the pier). 

• Sad 13

There's a close-up of Jenny in another shot. She has braces and quite a bit of acne - that unfortunate teen stage. She might be feeling awkward right now, plus she doesn't seem to be into fashion at all.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think she dresses to hide her body. I recall her in something more form fitting and noted that she's a very busty young woman. Keeping pure and not letting boys stumble have likely been drummed into her head since Meech/Jana gave her her first box of maxi pads. 😢

She doesn’t look extremely busty to me. Maybe that’s because I really am, lol. I’d love to shrink mine down to her size.

2 hours ago, Tasya said:

I agree; she's also much taller than the other girls. It always seems like she's hunched over and hiding her shape. I think she dresses like that because someone has told her she needs to look more "feminine". 

It seems less feminine to be hunched over , to me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

It seems less feminine to be hunched over , to me.

It is also less feminine to be tall. Poor Jenni can't win because her natural body doesn't fit Gothard's ideal.

• Sad 11
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

image.jpeg

OH the head jutting by Jinger and Jenni :(

STAND TALL AND PROUD, JENNI!! You are beautiful exactly the way God made you!!

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

It is also less feminine to be tall. Poor Jenni can't win because her natural body doesn't fit Gothard's ideal.

I imagine JB wouldn't have allowed it, but it might have been useful if Jenni spent more time with Jill.  Jill is taller than the rest, bustier, and has found a clothing style that fits her.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, LilJen said:

Jinger just can’t stop with the ridiculous floating head. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

image.jpeg

Of course you can't see their eyes, but Jessa and Ben's smiles seem relaxed enough to be genuine. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, LilJen said:

actually that wasn't my quote, it was someone answering me. But all is okay!