Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Jason, Josiah, and Jere certainly have moved beyond house flipping. Those 3 along with Austin and Dwain swanson have been snapping up properties like crazy in Bella Vista. They seem to be buying them cheap, anywhere from $2,000 to $12,000. A ll 5 of those guys have a contractors license and have been building houses on the lots which Joe has been selling for $350,000 to $450,000. 

the cheap lots seem to be purchased mostly from older people out of state or owner have passed away and relatives sell the lot. @Zella has mentioned Bella Vista is more a retirement area, so maybe people who thought they would build a house their change their minds and sell the lots or whatever.

JB funds the first flip, but then I think they guys are supposed to use that money to profit duggar enterprises as the whole.

In Jackson case, I am not sure what was on the lot worth flipping. I think the mobile home on it is really old.

I still don’t believe they’re all doing quality work. Are these general contractors’ licenses? I admit I don’t completely understand what those entail.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I still don’t believe they’re all doing quality work. Are these general contractors’ licenses? I admit I don’t completely understand what those entail.

the licensing site doesn't actually say General Contractor, just Licensed Contractor. Dwain's is unlimited in bidding and is classified as - Building (commercial or Residential. The Duggar guys and Austin's have a bid cap of $750,000 and are listed as Classified - Light Building. (Commercial and Residential)

• Useful 4
On 2/5/2022 at 2:01 PM, crazy8s said:

and Jackson has entered the Duggar llc tax deferment scheme. Landmart llc registered 2/1/22

On 2/18/2022 at 11:00 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Jackson already has an LLC in his name! 

Photobomber LLC.

• LOL 8
On 2/24/2022 at 5:51 AM, floridamom said:

How is it that Jackson has $35,000?

Considering he was television from birth to age 15?/16?, that's not a lot of money. 

(He is currently 17, but they haven't filmed the shows since before his 17th birthday.)

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I guess it is pretty obvious who Amy is talking about. It was in her stories on IG.  She just can't stay out of it; wonder if something else happened to prompt this or if she just likes poking the bear every now and then. Sorry it is so large. 3EC63CE3-2808-4959-B360-8F29C77F1C0C_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.2b847c10ba156adaf643a975d80a165f.jpeg

8 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

I guess it is pretty obvious who Amy is talking about. It was in her stories on IG.  She just can't stay out of it; wonder if something else happened to prompt this or if she just likes poking the bear every now and then. Sorry it is so large. 3EC63CE3-2808-4959-B360-8F29C77F1C0C_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.2b847c10ba156adaf643a975d80a165f.jpeg

Who is she talking about? Josh? Jinger and Jill?

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Who is she talking about? Josh? Jinger and Jill?

I am pretty sure, Jill.  She seemed to be JB's favorite daughter and she was pretty compliant. At her wedding JB was emotional (for him). He is the one who got Derick and Jill together, which did not work out as he planned. She is the only one ostracized.  JB does not like Jeremy but Michelle is still very close to Jinger  and JB may avoid them but she isn't banned. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I can't stand Amy and her vaguebooking, but this comes across like she's trying to support Jill. She likes to stir the pot, but I suspect something happened. I wonder if Jill wanted to go to the TTH to share her baby news or have her buddy group over to tell them and Boob said no. Or maybe she wasn't invited to Hannah's shower? Either way, I guarantee Boob was being a dick about something, prompting the post.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I can't stand Amy and her vaguebooking, but this comes across like she's trying to support Jill. She likes to stir the pot, but I suspect something happened. I wonder if Jill wanted to go to the TTH to share her baby news or have her buddy group over to tell them and Boob said no. Or maybe she wasn't invited to Hannah's shower? Whatever happened, I guarantee Boob was being a dick about something, prompting the post.

Amy should pick up the phone and call whomever she is speaking of. Present that quote to that person privately. Otherwise, she's just spreading people's business in the street by whipping up a bunch of speculation. She needs to shut up.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Amy should pick up the phone and call whomever she is speaking of. Present that quote to that person privately. Otherwise, she's just spreading people's business in the street by whipping up a bunch of speculation. She needs to shut up.

She should, but she’s doing exactly what all of the others in her extended family do. They ALL vaguebook. And yes, it’s irritating as hell. Add to this putting anniversary and birthday greetings on SM, instead of just doing so privately. I hate all of it. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

She should, but she’s doing exactly what all of the others in her extended family do. They ALL vaguebook. And yes, it’s irritating as hell. Add to this putting anniversary and birthday greetings on SM, instead of just doing so privately. I hate all of it. 

Right, but Amy places herself above them and no longer of them, yet at times she is worse than them.

• Love 1
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Right, but Amy places herself above them and no longer of them, yet at times she is worse than them.

Eh, it’s all the same to me. And I do like her better than most of the others. Which still isn’t very much, lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

In honor of his 18th birthday next month, Jackson is currently at ALERT. I didn't look up the dates to see if he'd actually be there on his birthday, but it's 9 weeks, so depending on when this group started, it's a possibility. 

Poor kid. 

Damn, Advancement Day is May 27. Jackson's birthday is around the 23rd. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
(edited)
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

In honor of his 18th birthday next month, Jackson is currently at ALERT. I didn't look up the dates to see if he'd actually be there on his birthday, but it's 9 weeks, so depending on when this group started, it's a possibility. 

Poor kid. 

Damn, Advancement Day is May 27. Jackson's birthday is around the 23rd. 

Hilary Spivey commented on a post regarding this. Any clue if she has any sons  there?

E0EED0E5-9AE9-4ED7-A5A9-4E8DCEAA10B3.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Hilary Spivey commented on a post regarding this. Any clue if she has any sons  there?

Her oldest son, whose name I can't recall Robbie?, is about the right age. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Her oldest son, whose name I can't recall Robbie?, is about the right age. 

Robby Spivey is 18 and posed for pics with some guy "graduating" from alert last year and Hilary gushed about it.  so it seemed a sure thing Robby would go this year

• Love 5
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

Robby Spivey is 18 and posed for pics with some guy "graduating" from alert last year and Hilary gushed about it.  so it seemed a sure thing Robby would go this year

Yeah, I'm sure he's there with Jackson. She continues her Duggar leghumping. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

There was a discussion about Jinger going to a tea party with her friends on the JinJer thread.  I was not aware they were a thing now so it was curious that Amy posted on her IG about a tea party to celebrate a friend's birthday.  https://www.instagram.com/p/CcMUcFkMJp_/

I guess it is not just a LA or fundie thing.

I don’t think they’re a completely new thing, but fundies in particular seem to glom on to these trends. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Teas were big with the Vision Forum crowd back in the day. But they upped the ante and usually came in costume. They idolized the American Revolution and WWII. Some of Doug Phillips' single daughters still dress up like they're headed to the USO.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 4

It looks like Jason is for sure using the treehouse for an office, but omg, there is a bed and clothes in the loft part. Like @auntieminem said - no bathroom or kitchen. Just a coffee bar and watercooler.

And since when are Duggar sons allowed to be alone with their penises?

I hope he doesn't bring clients there. Please park at my mommy and daddy's home and walk across their front yard to my office. 😁 Oh and, btw, if you have to pee, just knock on their door and tell 'em Jason sent you🚽😬

• LOL 19

So Jason is trying to tell us he lives in goldfish bowl with no toilet or bathroom? Is there a telescope pointed at the house where Slime Bob can watch him at night to make sure his hands are well above the duvet?

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Any comments from Hilaria? Or has she moved on from her commenting on Jason? I guess any movement, no matter how small, away from TTH is good?

I immediately wondered this! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I still have never gotten over that "Oh, Jay" comment she left on one of Jeremy's pictures of him. 

• LOL 6
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It looks like Jason is for sure using the treehouse for an office, but omg, there is a bed and clothes in the loft part. Like @auntieminem said - no bathroom or kitchen. Just a coffee bar and watercooler.

And since when are Duggar sons allowed to be alone with their penises?

I hope he doesn't bring clients there. Please park at my mommy and daddy's home and walk across their front yard to my office. 😁 Oh and, btw, if you have to pee, just knock on their door and tell 'em Jason sent you🚽😬

Still laughing at "alone with their penises."

Love that last paragraph, too!  Thank you! 🤣

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Gotta say, even with no plumbing, this would be a step up for Jonathon, the future Rod SIL.

I was about to say, put in a bathroom, small kitchen and heating, and it would actually be a pretty cool set-up. The treehouse is much more homey and peaceful than the TTH.

• Love 13
On 4/16/2022 at 6:09 AM, floridamom said:

How can anyone actually "live" in a place with no running water or bathroom?

When I graduated high school and moved in with my father to go to college, back in the ancient 1980's, it was common thing in their subdivision.  Dad lived in one of those subdivisions where all the houses were based on a set pattern:  3 bedroom house, 1 & a 1/4 bathroom, kitchen, living room, and a utility room that led to a two car garage.  Smallish front yard boarded by a sidewalk and two flowering cherry trees in the strip of land between the sidewalk and the street.  In the back yard was a utility shed intended for storage of the lawn mower, gardening implements, and whatever.

But many neighbors, and my dad, allowed one of their older children to convert the shed into a bedroom.  No heat, water, or plumbing, but they did it.  One of my stepbrothers did that.  He didn't mind being cold, but he did buy a twin sized waterbed to sleep in.  He had a space heater if he wanted to turn it on.  We'd say he lived out in the shed, but he had to go into the house to use the bathroom, watch TV, etc.  He came in for meals and to turn in his laundry or just to hang out sometimes.  But if he had a couple of friends over they had a place to hang out without everyone else right there.  

It was a way to give angsty older teens some space and a feeling of independence, while still having them having some adult supervision.  There's something about having people having to leave the house and knock at the door that gave teens the feeling of control they wanted, and it was impossible for them to have things like wild parties without the people paying the bills not noticing.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
On 4/15/2022 at 10:58 PM, auntieminem said:

Jason and James added new posts to IG. So is Jason living in the treehouse thingy that Jana had built for the kids? Did he move out of the boys dorm? It doesn't seem to have a kitchen or bathroom so he not totally moved out I guess.  https://www.instagram.com/p/CcZFnHFAX07/

James gets stuck and uses a driverless vehicle to pull himself out?  https://www.instagram.com/p/CcRYf-kj_CM/  

Oh good grief, I put this in the wrong thread. I forgot they have moved from Howlers to the over 18 and still single crew. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

They also have a set of plastic bowling pins that they place at the bottom of the slide. It really looks like fun. Amy frequently shops at the thrift shop and I have no idea where she stores Daxie’s toys. She usually gets enough toys to fill a shopping cart.  Amy does a good job of engaging her son in a lot of activities. I miss the BabyS and ToddlerS stages because that’s pretty much what my life was like. We gave up our dining area for a play area. Then all the mommy and me activities. Darn you Amy, the last thing I need at my advanced age is to miss those days. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

The slide on the stairs looks like fun!

There's another Daxton walking the planet. One Daxton Hill was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the NFL draft. He didn't go to an SEC school (he went to Michigan), so I don't think Amy got the name from him. 

22 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Is the shop no longer open? 

Okay just checked. The shop is only open Th/Fr/Sa. 

She posted today that she’s closing the store and expanding online - that’s the promised big news

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, OpieTaylor said:

She posted today that she’s closing the store and expanding online - that’s the promised big news

I wonder if the Bates sisters are next. I'm guessing there aren't a lot of repeat customers for variations of a couple of dozen cheaply clothes.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if the Bates sisters are next. I'm guessing there aren't a lot of repeat customers for variations of a couple of dozen cheaply clothes.

Don’t the clothes all come from the same cheap place?

• Love 4