Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m thinking he’s going to be an only child. Amy can barely handle him.

Hopefully! I do give her a bit of credit for not getting pregnant again (yet).

• Like 6
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not only is Dax a terror, he seems to be about 2 years behind developmentally. The antics Amy described are how a 2 year old might behave when exploring independence. Of course usually not all in one day and knives are never involved.

No one is a perfect child, just as no one is a perfect parent. Most of us come out relatively fine in spite of some shitty parenting moments, but the dynamic between Dax and Amy is, IMO, is a recipe for disaster.

Yeah, I agree that parenting is an impossible job and it can be a hard line to draw between what's loving and supportive and what's spoiling rotten. The fact that Amy seems to be going hardcore into no limits or boundaries, though (and no external influence that can give some structure if A and her husband won't) and that Dax seems to have an inclination to aggression is worrying, to say the least. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1

They don't have a good track record dealing with livestock.  Jana had chickens, but didn't protect them either and they got eaten by coyotes.  Can't be said enough - Duggars shouldn't have animals.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 12
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Did anyone miss Famy?

NO! She will never go away, I grudgingly admire her tenacity, but just think if she had applied herself to anything other than her own self. SMH.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I saw something on Reddit about an interview Deanna did that sounded a little (a lot) odd. So I checked it out.  I will link it in case you want to have a "what the...." moment. It actually makes me concerned the way they put Dax out to the public. So the interviewer is a christian and Deanna is telling him a story about how Dax visited heaven and talked to grandma D. who he called momo.  When he was 10 months old he fell out of a carrier and hit his head.  When he was 2.5 he told her he went to Jesus house/heaven and sat on his lap and he saw momo (he was not born when she passed) who said she missed her and Amy.  He saw the throne and some creatures with lots of eyes. The funniest part was apparently he has some powers (?) since one day he was really wanting some chicken nuggets but they didn't have any. Shortly there were two bags of (antibiotic free) chicken tenders on their door step.  Anyhow, here is the link if you want to watch.  All I can say is that boy doesn't stand a chance. They are not doing him any favors with all the social media exposure and over indulgence. 

Edited by auntieminem
  • Mind Blown 24
  • Sad 2

It makes me concerned for his mental health. I take it he now believes he made the chicken  Nuggets appear? Now I believe God can preform miracles but I doubt this is one and I am sure this this not happen Amy had the Nuggets and cooked them. I am concerned about Dax being taught to lie so young how will he know what the truth is.  Sorry about the rambling post...it all is just so wrong I do not know where to start.

• Like 17

I only watched for a couple of minutes. Deanna and Amy are doing that child no favors with encouraging his imaginings as real, imo. What Dax experienced didn't feel like an actual near death experience to me. It was more like a fantastical story that a small child might tell. He's grown past it, but I think Deanna & Amy keep bringing it up. It's weird! I think Deanna is still heartbroken at losing her Mom so suddenly. I wish she would seek counseling, rather than messing with Dax's reality! 

• Like 14

Unfortunately Deanna has had off the wall thinking long before Gramma D died. She is deeper in some rabbit holes than JB.  I often wonder if they had typical, run of the mill childhoods or if their home lives were atypical.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

It makes me concerned for his mental health. I take it he now believes he made the chicken  Nuggets appear? Now I believe God can preform miracles but I doubt this is one and I am sure this this not happen Amy had the Nuggets and cooked them. I am concerned about Dax being taught to lie so young how will he know what the truth is.  Sorry about the rambling post...it all is just so wrong I do not know where to start.

This plus his fascination with throwing knives and annoying the cat makes me very worried.

• Like 15
On 3/3/2024 at 3:38 PM, auntieminem said:

I saw something on Reddit about an interview Deanna did that sounded a little (a lot) odd. So I checked it out.  I will link it in case you want to have a "what the...." moment. It actually makes me concerned the way they put Dax out to the public. So the interviewer is a christian and Deanna is telling him a story about how Dax visited heaven and talked to grandma D. who he called momo.  When he was 10 months old he fell out of a carrier and hit his head.  When he was 2.5 he told her he went to Jesus house/heaven and sat on his lap and he saw momo (he was not born when she passed) who said she missed her and Amy.  He saw the throne and some creatures with lots of eyes. The funniest part was apparently he has some powers (?) since one day he was really wanting some chicken nuggets but they didn't have any. Shortly there were two bags of (antibiotic free) chicken tenders on their door step.  Anyhow, here is the link if you want to watch.  All I can say is that boy doesn't stand a chance. They are not doing him any favors with all the social media exposure and over indulgence. 

She’s insane, completely insane.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
On 3/24/2024 at 6:48 PM, MaryAnneSpier said:

Didn't Amy and her husband appear on like a "celebrity" marriage boot camp reality program at one point early on in their marriage? 

"celebrity" FIFY

• LOL 9
On 3/24/2024 at 8:48 PM, MaryAnneSpier said:

Didn't Amy and her husband appear on like a celebrity marriage boot camp reality program at one point early on in their marriage? 

Yes that's where she talked about him throwing her cat during a fight.

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 9
1 minute ago, LilJen said:

Why the hell does he have a condo in Vegas? I mean, I know, but what LEGITIMATE reason would he have for this?

Timeshare? They don't even own their home on Arkansas. 

• Useful 5

Shit, if I was married to Amy I'd settle for an igloo in Alaska.

Anyway, I doubt he/they own it. I'm thinking its just the way Amy wrote it.

• Like 11
23 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She's really fair. Fair skinned people don't do well with pastels. Ask me how I know. 😀

Me too.  In fact a friend of mine had to rethink the color of her bridesmaid dresses when she saw me in the pale pinky peach she had been considering.  It looked great on the hanger, but it looked like someone had dumped a gallon of bleach over me when I put it on.

• Like 9

I think Amy is always looking for fame and fortune. She got a fair amount of attention giving her two cents on the trial (and surrounding issues) but it doesn't look like the things she has tried since (frazzled mommy influencer, her son's instagram/child model fame, Deana's attempt to give him miraculous holy powers) have gained much traction. 

• Like 6