Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Do not speculate on a minor child’s mental health conditions, behavioral health conditions, etc. Commenting on specific items shown in a video or post is fine, but attempting to diagnose or speculate on a diagnosis based on what you see is not. 

Amy and her mother made a TikTok upon returning home from a viewing. They said, “we have news!”. Anna was at the viewing, and they approached her as she was comforting a crying child that they couldn’t even identify. “I don’t know if it was Jennifer or her oldest daughter “. They were giggly and ridiculous in the video.They said Anna asked them to give her space, and looked “ticked at the world”. This is what Amy chose to do regarding someone she wants to “save”. She also said she hasn’t seen Anna in years.

She also said, “The funeral is tomorrow and I bet the whole family will be there.”.

There’s more but Famy used the hashtags #duggars #annaduggarupdate 

She had it in an instagram live that is not up anymore.

I’m not explaining it well, but it was cringeworthy.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Amy and her mother made a TikTok upon returning home from a viewing. They said, “we have news!”. Anna was at the viewing, and they approached her as she was comforting a crying child that they couldn’t even identify. “I don’t know if it was Jennifer or her oldest daughter “. They were giggly and ridiculous in the video.They said Anna asked them to give her space, and looked “ticked at the world”. This is what Amy chose to do regarding someone she wants to “save”. She also said she hasn’t seen Anna in years.

She also said, “The funeral is tomorrow and I bet the whole family will be there.”.

Yeah I don't like Anna but I absolutely do not blame her for wanting nothing to do with Amy. She's gross and just as exploitative in her own way as Jim Bob. I've said this before, but I firmly believe the reason Amy and Jim Bob don't get along has nothing to do with Amy being a better person. It's them having too similar of a personality. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 13
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

I saw the video. Amy (and Deanna, to a lesser extent) was absolutely gleeful at seeing and snarking on Anna. She claims that she wants to help Anna, but I don't think snarking about her "looking mad at the world" when in point of fact, Anna was probably mad that she failed to avoid fAmy!

• Like 15
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I'm missing something here:  who passed away?

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, I didn't feel like going into detail. 

I know the feeling, that's why I didn't answer immediately as I wasn't certain about the person's name, and didn't want to research the initial info again. 😄

• Like 1
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Us has an article talking about Amy and Deanna "running into Anna".

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amy-duggar-saw-angry-anna-duggar-after-shiny-happy-people-drama/

Amy acts like its been forever since she saw Anna. Amy was still hanging with the Duggars after Dax was born and Dax is only 3. They were pregnant together and I believe Maryella and Dax are only a month apart.

image.png.85b92736bdc65a5bfdc1a6899d776b29.pngimage.png.a76f6dab5b6873099a1269feaa69b73e.png

Amy is a fame whore with so many issues, but I would consider not seeing a member of my family for over 2yrs and we live in the same city as being “forever”. (it pains me to defend Amy even the teeniest bit)

If I were Anna I would stay away from Amy as well. I do believe Amy loves Jill, but Amy is what the black elders like to call a “hum bugger” aka a shit stirrer, who adds nothing constructive. They might not always be wrong but they are no good for anything constructive, they love to gossip and spread conflict. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Amy is what the black elders like to call a “hum bugger” aka a shit stirrer, who adds nothing constructive. They might not always be wrong but they are no good for anything constructive, they love to gossip and spread conflict. 

Nailed it! 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Amy is a fame with fame with so many issues, but I would consider not seeing a member of my family for over 2yrs and we live in the same city as being “forever”. (it pains me to defend Amy even the teeniest bit)

If I were Anna I would stay away from Amy as well. I do believe Amy loves Jill, but Amy is what the black elders like to call a “hum bugger” aka a shit stirrer, who adds nothing constructive. They might not always be wrong but they are no good for anything constructive, they love to gossip and spread conflict. 

To me "years" is anywhere four and beyond, otherwise it would be a "couple of years" or a "few years".

Your second paragraph is spot on.

• Like 4

Anna is right to react that way.  She knows - she KNOWWWWWS - that Amy will turn any interaction into content for her socials.  She's smart to give her as little words as possible.  

Anna might be like me in the sense that her face can't hide her true feelings and Amy just runs off of that kind of thing too. (Man, did I enjoy wearing a mask everywhere...)

• Like 9
  • Useful 2

I want to know more about the crying girl. It's not like she knew the woman who died. Her brother is the Duggar family lawyer, but Anna's connection to Heather was likely pretty weak. Even Amy, who is besties with Heather's baby sister, has a stronger connection. I want to know why Anna brought this girl with her to the visitation? 

I guess they do things a little bit different (sic) in Arkansas. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I want to know more about the crying girl. It's not like she knew the woman who died. Her brother is the Duggar family lawyer, but Anna's connection to Heather was likely pretty weak. Even Amy, who is besties with Heather's baby sister, has a stronger connection. I want to know why Anna brought this girl with her to the visitation? 

I guess they do things a little bit different (sic) in Arkansas. 

Maybe the kid was there, crying, by herself and Anna went over to comfort her?  They were at a wake, crying people aren't unusual and Anna certainly has dealt with enough crying children in her life, it probably comes naturally to her.

Wasn't Travis Story part of Josh' defense team?  Isn't he the guy who is in charge of some of the LLC's that are/were in Anna's name?  It could well be that Anna has gotten to know the family pretty well over the past few years.  Not to mention, funerals are for the living; I could see Anna going to pay her respects to Travis.  I've certainly gone to wakes for people I'd never met because I knew a member of the family.

As for Amy and her mother approaching Anna at a wake while she is comforting a crying child in order to sh** stir, they can both go straight to hell.

• Like 22
21 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I suppose Anna could have gone out of respect to Travis, but leave the kids at home! There was no need to subject a child to a visitation. 

That said, Famy can bugger off and take Deanna with her. 

It may not have been Anna's kid.  Famy and Deanna weren't sure if it was Anna's daughter  Mackynzie or Josh' sister, Jennifer.  We all know Michelle couldn't be bothered if it was her kid that was upset.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 8
12 minutes ago, Notabug said:

It may not have been Anna's kid.  Famy and Deanna weren't sure if it was Anna's daughter  Mackynzie or Josh' sister, Jennifer.  We all know Michelle couldn't be bothered if it was her kid that was upset.

I'm surprised that she named Jenni. She's 16 and much taller than Famy. I guess she's that out of touch with the younger Duggar girls. It was probably Mackynzie or one of Anna's younger daughters. 

• Like 1

I don't personally think it's weird for a kid to be at a visitation. I've had to attend 3 visitations this summer, and there were children at all but one of them. (And that one was the one I'd bill as the oddest, most uncomfortable one, though not for that reason.) 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Zella
  • Like 11

What is it with Fundies and their little respect for the dead and their grieving loved ones? JillD posts a lengthy shill reel and tacks an obit on the end. Amy posts gossip after attending calling hours. And of course JillR's inexcusable filming of a stranger's funeral.

Amy and Deanna likely expected Anna to be at the calling hours. The description of their encounter makes them sound like two mean girls attached at the hip, glancing this way and that, followed by whispers and giggles.

For someone who used to complain about being a Duggar she seems to insert herself into any Duggar related situation and then blast it to the masses. Amy is more 'Duggar' than many of her cousins.

• Like 14

Yeah, I have deeply ambivalent feelings about Anna, but Amy and her mom running to TikTok to tell the world that they saw their niece-in-law/cousin-in-law at a visitation doing... things you do at a visitation, is out of line. Famous and infamous people (especially those who court fame and infamy) have to give up a lot of privacy, but "news" about them doing totally normal (and usually private) things makes me uncomfortable.

• Like 13
  • Applause 7

I also see fAmy as an unreliable narrator.  If Anna was comforting a crying child, she may have not been interested in being interrupted by anyone in that moment.  That's in addition to the fact that she knows the only reason fAmy would approach her would be to stir up trouble and spread gossip.  And Deanna should be ashamed of herself for participating in this.  Get a life girls.

• Like 16
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I have to give it to her. She's really good about extending her 15 minutes of fame. She has zero relevant info but she stills gets media attention.

I guess the Daily Fail is trying to tap into her 450k followers for eyeballs.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Her life is soooooo hard, huh? Maybe don't feed him grilled cheese at 1 AM?

Whose fault is that?  I can't think of any reason to be cooking for a child or anyone at 1 AM unless it's for someone who just got off work or is leaving for work.   

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 22
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Reasons a 3 year old is up a 1am "hungry and ready to party", 0.

We discussed this last night and even the grandchildren knew the parents were making "very bad decisions."  

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
13 hours ago, Absolom said:

Whose fault is that?  I can't think of any reason to be cooking for a child or anyone at 1 AM unless it's for someone who just got off work or is leaving for work.   

Exactly. Kind of creating your own problem there, Amy. Despite what your over-indulged pre-schooler might say, enforcing structure and boundaries does not make you a big meanie.

• Applause 21
On 8/5/2023 at 11:26 AM, Jeeves said:

Lord, Amy is such a mess. 

Quoting myself here. Because she's really bringing her "I'm a mess" game hard this week. I was going to post "this is your weekly reminder that Amy is a mess" - but it hasn't even been a week since my last such post. Yikes, people. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
8 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Amy is way too smug. Amy dear your precious son will give you a run for your money. Yikes. 

And she posts all this information voluntarily. Guess she thinks it’s normal…

Famy's special snowflake is already running her ragged. She needs to put her adulting pants on and regain control of the kid before it's too late.

• Like 11
11 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Amy is way too smug. Amy dear your precious son will give you a run for your money. Yikes. 

And she posts all this information voluntarily. Guess she thinks it’s normal…

It's almost like she takes glee in the problems of the JimBob Duggars in order to not focus on the problems in her own home. I don't think parenting is Amy's strong suit.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Famy's special snowflake is already running her ragged. She needs to put her adulting pants on and regain control of the kid before it's too late.

The longer it goes on the worse it will get. Gentle parenting isn't about letting your kid run the show. Its about reducing angry words, yelling and spankings, without reducing boundaries, expectations and safety.

Avoiding one midnight temper tantrum by giving in ensures there will be more. Setting boundaries at midnight may suck the first and second time, but there likely won't be a third time.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3