Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The super Fundy Kirk Cameron. A very, very outspoken homophobe. 

And fervent anti-vaxxer and former child actor. OMG what is that behind them? Is that a person or a very scary hydrangea? 

Edited: because I don’t want to be accused of body shaming KC’s plus sized skull.

Edited by charmed1
  • LOL 12
32 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

And fervent anti-vaxxer and former child actor. OMG what is that behind them? Is that a person or a very scary hydrangea? 

Edited: because I don’t want to be accused of body shaming KC’s plus sized skull.

And Candace Bure's older brother.

The head looks like a highly teased, overly hair sprayed blonde, aka helmet head.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Also he favors banning certain books for children.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Also he favors banning certain books for children.

Everyone ELSE’S children. Bigoted, authoritarian POS.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 16
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The super Fundy Kirk Cameron. A very, very outspoken homophobe. 

I didn't recognize KC at first.  He looks amazingly like my cousin.  It's rather disturbing.  My cousin is absolutely not a Fundy!

• Like 5
(edited)

There have been quite a few baffling stories by Amy. Her son throws knives, has chased their cat with scissors, etc. In the cat video she made sure the camera was on her while she used gentle parenting and asked for the scissors at least 4 times.

Now apparently, a bird flew into their garage door and it died, a picture was included. Cue video with camera on both of them. Her son is telling her he wants to “whack the dead bird with the fishing pole”. When he asks why he can’t , she rolls her eyes and doesn’t answer. 

Screenshot from the video:

A9E8E725-850C-4CAC-B936-7F8FCC0AC65D.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 12
1 minute ago, BetyBee said:

I'm sorry to say that that boy's behavior is concerning!

Agreed. I know kids can be rambunctious and at times a bit innocently disturbing (my brother and I certainly had our moments), but I find it alarming how much he wants to hurt animals. But I also wonder if he's learning it at home. For all of Amy's preening for how much better she is than the rest of her family, she's still with a man who she acknowledges threw her cat during an argument. I doubt that was a one-time thing, and I wonder if her son is mimicking attitudes or actions he's seen from his dad. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 20
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1

Very disturbing. She seems to have trouble distinguishing between “oh that little scamp” and “start documenting for the potential future law enforcement investigation.”

A child who is spoiled and undisciplined who doesn’t show empathy for people or animals is a huge red flag. I hope in reality Dax is a kinder, more typical child because the picture she paints isn’t pretty.

• Like 22
  • Sad 1

This is the kind of kid that ends up killing his parents in their sleep. 

On 6/28/2023 at 10:23 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Who's the guy?

I know him as the “hasbeen actor with the most punchable face ever”. 
Also, Amy reminds me of Monica Lewinsky. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

This is the kind of kid that ends up killing his parents in their sleep. 

I know him as the “hasbeen actor with the most punchable face ever”. 
Also, Amy reminds me of Monica Lewinsky. 

Agreed.  I spend way too much time watching true crime on YT, and one thing that always stood out was that many serial killers and/or kids who killed family members, would start to show worrisome behavior at a young age, including the killing of animals.  

Not saying that this scenario is where Amy & her pickle are headed, but if she truly cares about her family, she would stop the giggling charade and get Dax the help he may need.  I loathe the phrase "boys will be boys".  And parent is both a noun and a verb.

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

https://www.insider.com/amy-duggar-king-josh-duggar-iblp-shiny-happy-people-2023-6

From the article, “I might be writing a book, so I want to keep some of my stories for that.”.

And, “She issued a statement following Josh's 2022 sentencing saying that she could ‘sleep for the first time ever’ knowing he was in prison.”.

Oh my goodness. Will somebody please tell Amy this isn't her business and to shut that hole in her face? Please!

Take a look at her IG. The only thing keeping Amy awake was her devilish kid.

• Like 11
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

https://www.insider.com/amy-duggar-king-josh-duggar-iblp-shiny-happy-people-2023-6

From the article, “I might be writing a book, so I want to keep some of my stories for that.”.

And, “She issued a statement following Josh's 2022 sentencing saying that she could ‘sleep for the first time ever’ knowing he was in prison.”.

A book? She's certainly living up to her Famy nickname. But of course, she doesn't want to be in the spotlight. 

Riiiight. 🙄

• LOL 8
Just now, oliviabenson said:

Daxxy is frightening me. I hope his parents try to figure out why he behaves like that. 

Or take him to play therapy for an assessment from a child psychologist.

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
22 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Probably won't happen until he kills something/one. 

Therapy and counseling are foreign concepts to this bunch.  I am afraid he will not get the attention he needs until after something bad happens.

• Sad 12
(edited)
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Lets hope Dax will not be home schooled and Amy will get some feedback from teachers about what is appropriate behavior. Sooner rather than later would be ideal.

She recently posted a video shopping looking at homeschool materials.

They were at that place Jill advertises too. Amy and her mother seem to be there all the time buying toys, and crap.

DA20C7DD-9E86-4806-B2A6-7D8C31BE6BF4.jpeg

C57D71D0-B14B-4E34-B830-CAEFA8AA93FB.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Sad 19

Even when kids go to public school and the parents are told the child has problems, sometimes it's very hard for the parents to accept.  The parents of a kid in grandson's kindergarten class moved to a different school district because the school and district employees didn't understand their son.  We didn't hear anything more after the fall after they moved when before Christmas the new district wanted to put him in an emotionally disturbed classroom.  They were fighting it.  

That child shared many if not most of Dax's behaviors being defiant, apparently having little to no empathy, hurting animals, throwing dangerous objects, etc.  What's worse is that if not handled properly they lead classmates into bad behavior or injure them.

Amy is doing Dax no favors and homeschooling won't fix anything, but on the bright side, he won't be harming any other kindergarteners along the way.  I don't see Amy as being an able homeschooler though.  I don't think she'll know what good work looks like and will accept whatever Dax does as just fine.  Plus will she be able to help him beyond about fourth grade?

• Like 8
  • Sad 11
  • Useful 2

"I always grabs some of these".  This dolt does not need to be homeschooling her kid.  She also needs to get him and herself into family therapy.  Hitting the bottle to deal with things is not cute wine mom culture, it's alcoholism.  And if what she is portraying is accurate, Dax is headed down a bad road.

• Like 13
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Even when kids go to public school and the parents are told the child has problems, sometimes it's very hard for the parents to accept.  The parents of a kid in grandson's kindergarten class moved to a different school district because the school and district employees didn't understand their son.  We didn't hear anything more after the fall after they moved when before Christmas the new district wanted to put him in an emotionally disturbed classroom.  They were fighting it.  

That child shared many if not most of Dax's behaviors being defiant, apparently having little to no empathy, hurting animals, throwing dangerous objects, etc.  What's worse is that if not handled properly they lead classmates into bad behavior or injure them.

Amy is doing Dax no favors and homeschooling won't fix anything, but on the bright side, he won't be harming any other kindergarteners along the way.  I don't see Amy as being an able homeschooler though.  I don't think she'll know what good work looks like and will accept whatever Dax does as just fine.  Plus will she be able to help him beyond about fourth grade?

Amy was not homeschooled, maybe getting homeschool materials is just an attempt to get DAX preschool/kinder ready. Like begets like so Dax will most likely go to public school. But like @Absolom said, some parents are completely resistant to constructive criticism, and help. 

• Like 12
56 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I think Amy will send Dax to public school, if only because she likes to show people that she’s more mainstream and “worldly” than her Fundie relatives. No SOTDRT for her!

And to get rid of him for a few hours. He sounds exhausting.

• Like 14
  • LOL 6
22 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Let’s hope Daxxy goes to school once Amy realizes how hard it is to homeschool adequately. 

She apparently mentioned that she was thinking of homeschooling him.  I hope this goes the way of all her other crusades and interests.  Remember when she was all about helping trouble teens?  That didn't even last three months.  Hopefully she'll get him into school before he falls too far behind.  And maybe having some stimulation that isn't just sitting in front of a screen will help with his behavior issues.

• Like 12

Public school will also have some counseling services and other trained adults that can pick up on his behaviors.  It would certainly be the best chance for him to get any help he might need.  But I bet this won't happen.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

I easily see Amy as the my kid does no or very little wrong kind of parent and anyone who dares suggest he may need help or need to change will be cut from their lives.  Her husband, a man who has thrown a cat in anger, will of course see nothing wrong with his son's behavior.  

• Like 13
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I easily see Amy as the my kid does no or very little wrong kind of parent and anyone who dares suggest he may need help or need to change will be cut from their lives.  Her husband, a man who has thrown a cat in anger, will of course see nothing wrong with his son's behavior.  

Sad but true. Their little snowflake can do no wrong. I'd love to tell Famy what I think of her shitty "parenting," but that would certainly get me blocked. 

• Like 8

If Dax pulls the same shit at school as he does at home he'll get on the teacher and school's radar. He'll be given options, but they'll boot him if Amy doesn't (eventually) accept one of them.

• Like 9
(edited)

If Dax pulls the same shit at school as he does at home he'll get on the teacher and school's radar. He'll be given options, but they'll boot him if Amy doesn't (eventually) accept one of them.

... At which point Amy would likely find another school or start homeschooling, announcing on her social media that "[school which was desperate to get rid of Dax] suggested that Dax is JUST SO SPECIAL that he was being held back by the other students, and [school] even bent the rules to tell me it wasn't good enough for him."

Edited by Panopticon
quote format
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
(edited)

I know the type well.

Reminds me of my stepson’s mother (who is very intelligent, well-educated, and with whom we have otherwise had no drama — avoiding “My husband’s evil ex stereotypes). When he was younger and had some behavioral issues at school, it was always the teacher’s fault. Problems resurfaced with his move to middle school and she immediately started talking about homeschooling. Hubby gave that a big, fat no.

He lies frequently, yet she still believes every word he says. So, last year he nearly flunked three classes and had to drop out of advanced program (the work wasn’t too hard — he just wasn’t doing it and she never questioned him about it). Instead, the teachers were unreasonable and too tough on him.

At least in SS’s case, he’s not a sociopath. Just spoiled, selfish, entitled and immature. But kids like that usually get smacked in the face with reality at some point and the older they are, the harder the smack tends to be.

Edited by AgathaC
  • Like 16