Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

What's so comical to me is that the "tea" Amy spills is all stuff that any reasonably observant Duggar viewer would have long ago just assumed. Oh, Jim Bob didn't allow Veggie Tales in his house for some ridiculous reason? Yeah, no shit. The specific incidents might be "news" but it's not revealing any new information about them.

• Like 15
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I guess it's safe to assume that the NDA has aged out? 

"NDA." Yeah, funny how she had to dramatically pull out of an interview because of this previously never mentioned NDA and now it doesn't seem to be an issue at all.

If I believed this NDA exists, I'd side with JB if he were to sue her.

• LOL 8
23 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Can we shut both her and Jinjer up? 🤣

I hear you, Jinger is getting near the point of overexposure. But I'm 100% behind Jinger's message of examining one's beliefs to see if it fits who you are now. I'm 100% onboard with her respectfully standing against her parents' messages.

I'll never get behind Amy inserting herself in places where she doesn't belong and talking as if she has tea to spill when she doesn't.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 16
8 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Amy just posted an IG story and she is glammed up.  It was a shout out to Jinger saying she loves and supports her and that she is going on Inside Edition to talk about how harmful IBLP and how far Jinger has come, etc.  https://www.instagram.com/stories/amyrachelleking/3028091348153957953/

Hey Famy, they cut you out of the show! Jinger got in her "cult-like" reference though. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Applause 2
  • LOL 7

Wait did Inside Edition cut Amy?!?! 

Goodfellas GIF

We need to brace ourselves. I can't even imagine what kind of a hissy fit she's gonna pitch on social media. LOL Maybe another one of her "sermons" about jealousy. 😂

• LOL 12
51 minutes ago, Zella said:

Wait did Inside Edition cut Amy?!?! 

Goodfellas GIF

We need to brace ourselves. I can't even imagine what kind of a hissy fit she's gonna pitch on social media. LOL Maybe another one of her "sermons" about jealousy. 😂

Yes, no Famy in the Jinger segment. I wonder if any of her fangirls noticed? I'm sure Famy watched and recorded, complete with wine in hand, as she anticipated her return to television. 😂😂😂😂

• LOL 12
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yes, no Famy in the Jinger segment. I wonder if any of her fangirls noticed? I'm sure Famy watched and recorded, complete with wine in hand, as she anticipated her return to television. 😂😂😂😂

LMAO She probably was filming herself watching it. 😂😂😂😂

Gloria Swanson Ready For My Closeup GIF by Paramount Movies

• LOL 19
12 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

It's not about them spouting things about their parents or their lifestyle we already know, it's about them recognizing and acknowledging what we already know.

From the interviews I have seen, it appears that Jinger does acknowledge fault, but she consistently blames Gothard. She seems to ignore the role her parents played in delivering the information to her. They are every bit as guilty as Gothard in terms of indoctrinating the kids.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

From the interviews I have seen, it appears that Jinger does acknowledge fault, but she consistently blames Gothard. She seems to ignore the role her parents played in delivering the information to her. They are every bit as guilty as Gothard in terms of indoctrinating the kids.

They are MORE guilty than Gothard, imo. 

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I have it free from the library.

This is the only way. I wouldn’t pay one cent for it.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, zenme said:

I suppose Jinger has a hard time blaming her parents because SHE believes that THEY  believe they were doing the right thing. They themselves are brainwashed—still.

That's exactly the feeling I got based on what she's said in her interviews. She's not making the connection that they fed her the Gorhardism from the time she exited the womb. 

Intellectually, she knows this. She just chooses to ignore it to save the relationships.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

I try not to pile on Amy because I deeply suspect there are so many horrible things that went on by JB that we will never know or understand. That said, she has a short video of Dax, Sam, and Izzy on an inflatable jumping thing. The boys faces are clearly visible. Why do that when the parents seem to avoid it now? But Jill must have been there because they went junk thrift shopping together, so Jill must be OK with the video. 

• Mind Blown 2
11 minutes ago, SMama said:

I try not to pile on Amy because I deeply suspect there are so many horrible things that went on by JB that we will never know or understand. That said, she has a short video of Dax, Sam, and Izzy on an inflatable jumping thing. The boys faces are clearly visible. Why do that when the parents seem to avoid it now? But Jill must have been there because they went junk thrift shopping together, so Jill must be OK with the video. 

Izzy's hair is so dark now. Where does Amy put all the crap she buys?

I have to laugh, Amy showed a little girl smashing eggs under plastic as a suggested activity. The problem is eggs are so expensive now it'd probably be cheaper to go to Chuck E. Cheese. JK😁

• LOL 9
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Izzy's hair is so dark now. Where does Amy put all the crap she buys?

Where does Jill? 😂

I can get carried away buying things my kids enjoy(ed), thus the need for a Lego room. But I’m always amazed when Amy and Deanna shop. Deanna must have a lot of storage space for a single person. Maybe JB’s pack rat behavior is genetic. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I don't see it as hard up for cash.  I've downsized my closet and why NOT make a few extra bucks, regardless of if you "need" it or not?  I'd rather line my own pockets with $10 than line those of Goodwill execs, but maybe that's just me.   The few extra dollars can add up quickly. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 8

I wonder if she is taking a lead from Meri Brown.  She sold her used LulaNo clothes that she wore on the show.  Apparently the fans snapped them up.  I can't imagine it, but fans can be strange about stuff like this.

I wear most of my clothes till their dead, but if something is in good shape there is a thrift store that raises money to provide cheap spay and neuter services that I give stuff to.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I expected something to come out about the Bates show cancellation by now.  Aside from a few updates about a few of the kids, they seem to have dropped off the earth.  I wonder what happened.

I don’t think we will ever know what caused the abrupt cancellation, and they are certainly not going to tell us. 

The kidults are working hard at trying to be influencers, some with more success than others. The guys, like Lawson and Trace are constantly announcing their new YouTube video and hyping the most mundane news. They are unable or unwilling to admit that most people are only interested in their sisters. Pretty much the same as with the Duggars. 

Chad and Erin are very present on evil SM shilling their god bothering cards, and now have a faith based podcast.

Carlin, Josie, and Katie are the most successful, shilling anything they can get their hands on. Esther, Nathan’s wife, tries but doesn’t have much traction. Zach and Whitney do OK because of BSB. So most are out there, but the Bates market is over saturated.

• Like 8

Okay I just connected some very random dots ... an online friend of mine lives in Siloam Springs.  I knew I had heard of that town from here, and I knew she lived in that town, and I recognized the name of that thrift from her IG stories,  but it didn't occur to me to connect the two dots that she lives in THAT SAME Siloam Springs.  (Not that I thought there were multiple SS towns lol)

I messaged her to ask if she ever ran into Famy or the Dillards.  She's going to think I'm nuts. 

Edited by ALittleShelfish
spelling
  • Like 4
  • LOL 8

Hmm, didn't they owe back taxes and also get evicted from a shop for not paying rent?

So does this business tell folks how to squirm their way out of paying what they owe?

And didn't Amy sit outside with Dax and $300 worth of plastic toys to celebrate Earth Day?

Eh, if I had to pick between JB or Amy for financial advice, I'd go with JB.

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
1 minute ago, oliviabenson said:

Maybe I’m confusing Amy with someone else:

didn’t they lose their restaurant/house due to non payment?

The landlord of Amy's store sued them. They moved to another space, but have since shut down the store with a door. 

• Like 6