Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Avoiding one midnight temper tantrum by giving in ensures there will be more. Setting boundaries at midnight may suck the first and second time, but there likely won't be a third time.

When an 8 year old knows what you did wrong and what should have been done, you're in big trouble.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Well, I have a rescue cat that had a really rotten first year of life, and after many years she still tries to be demanding.  Even though she has no teeth at all, she was coming in my bedroom very early and yelling at me to get up and get the Greenies out.  How she eats them, I do not know.  Anyhow, to my point.  I made sure I did not get up when she did this.  I waited until I wanted to get up to feed her.  I did not want her to get the idea that she could demand and I would give in.  She finally learned that I was in charge in this house, and she would get her Greenies in a timely manner--on my say so.  If you constantly give in to a pet--or in this case a demanding child--the situation just gets worse.  Amy needs to set ground rules, and explain carefully to Daxxy, and stick to the plan.  He needs to learn how to act appropriately.  I don't mean "instant obedience" and cruelty, but manners and respect for elders and others.  Didn't we get a post from Jill about Izzy learning to respond "Yes ma'am" when she speaks to him?  I wonder how it really goes when the cousins get together.  I cannot imagine Jill letting her boys chase the dog with scissors. I am fearful that something very terrible may happen involving this child.  If a child is led to believe that he is in charge, chaos will ensue.  But since Amy thinks his behavior is so cute that she posts it online, I'm afraid it will only get worse.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Gentle parenting is a thing. Amy just doesn’t comprehend what it actually is.

Some people confuse "gentle parenting" and "permissive parenting." Amy appears to be one of them.

I know when SHP aired, some people got on the "Amy is awesome" train, but I remain firmly on the "Amy is an opportunist" train.  Was I glad she said some of what she said in the documentary? 100%. But this funeral incident confirms, to me, that she's still about the clicks. And I think if things were still going well for the Duggars, there is no way she would have been a part of the expose. She knows what will get her the attention and fame she craves, and she has played into that first with the Duggars and now as the anti-Duggar.

On 8/8/2023 at 8:50 PM, awaken said:

She really seems even more off the rails than usual. 

Agreed. I didn't dare read it, but I saw some stills of her in the recent DM interview she was preening about, and I was taken aback by how bad she looked. I know stills from videos always look awkward, but I thought she looked pretty haggard. I guess nonstop famewhoring and midnight snack cooking is tiring work. 

• Like 16
On 8/10/2023 at 11:29 PM, Zella said:

Agreed. I didn't dare read it, but I saw some stills of her in the recent DM interview she was preening about, and I was taken aback by how bad she looked. I know stills from videos always look awkward, but I thought she looked pretty haggard. I guess nonstop famewhoring and midnight snack cooking is tiring work. 

She also looked rough in the aftershow video from SHP.  She and Deanna didn't add much to that discussion like the others in the video, but I was struck by how bad she looked.  It was like she just rolled out of bed and didn't even brush her hair.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Nysha said:

She cannot parent Dax, there is no way she's going to be able to homeschool him. 

She also has two other children she’s “teaching”. She posted their pictures, too. I’m not.

Seems to me she could have written “help others” in that space.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 6
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Amy is starting to remind me of Jill Rodrigues. She overshares and then is critical of anyone who doesn't fawn over her. 

Well, she's got the random use of capitalization down pat.  Dax is gonna be right up there with the Rod kids when it comes to literacy.

I also do not believe for one minute that homeschooling Daxie is Amy's dream.  More likely, some fundie homeschool outfit is giving her materials so she can plug them on Insta.  Otherwise, the kid would be heading off to preschool with all the other 3 year olds.  

I expect Amy to get tired of this pretty quickly and Dax will be in a regular preschool by next year.  He's only 3, there's plenty of time for real schooling for him.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1

If SM didn't exist, Amy for sure would not be 'homeschooling'. Amy is trying to be the mom she thinks is cool and admired. To bad she's homeschooling those other kids too. Their moms will be disappointed when Amy quits in a week.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
On 8/21/2023 at 8:57 PM, Nysha said:

She cannot parent Dax, there is no way she's going to be able to homeschool him. 

I feel bad for Dax who's never been parented in his life and his idiot mother is going to making things worse by homeschooling him. At least at school he would have a chance. 

• Like 21

Dax is so clearly a child who has never heard no. What's Amy going to do when he doesn't want to do his lesson (or let's be real, his workbook page)? 

I am just a little delighted for the poor soul who would have taught him, though. I think they dodged a bullet (maybe two, depending on whether Amy is in an "I know better than everybody!" mood). 

• Like 12
On 8/22/2023 at 5:14 AM, ginger90 said:

She also has two other children she’s “teaching”. She posted their pictures, too. I’m not.

Seems to me she could have written “help others” in that space.

I feel for the two other kids. How is she going to handle it when there are inevitable problems between Dax and one or both of the others? Everything she posts indicates she’s incapable of disciplining her child or of telling him “no.” It sounds like a problematic situation to me.

• Like 15
30 minutes ago, AgathaC said:

I feel for the two other kids. How is she going to handle it when there are inevitable problems between Dax and one or both of the others? Everything she posts indicates she’s incapable of disciplining her child or of telling him “no.” It sounds like a problematic situation to me.

What will Amy do when Daxxy runs after one of the two kids with his scissors? Will she thank Dax for putting the scissors down...if he even listens to her?

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 1

Dax reminds me a little of a neighbor kid from years ago. He and his mom ended up being in the same mommy and me gym class as me and my child. Although this child, I'll call Kevin, was a 'gentle terror'. He would walk to the front of any line and take his turn first, he would gently nudge and say move if he wanted to be where another kid was and he would gently take balls and such out of other kids' hands.

As you can imagine, a few parents talked to Kevin's mom and a few talked to the instructor. His mom was clueless, she'd say things like "why should he take turns, this isn't a real gym class", "he's not hurting anyone" and "why shouldn't he be allowed to do the things he wants to do". Long story short they were asked not to come back.

These poor kids going to Amy's house won't have the benefit of their moms being present, and, Dax is not a gentle terror. As others are saying, I don't see how this will end well.

• Like 18
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 5

I keep hoping that this ends the same way as Amy's "calling" to help troubled teenaged girls.  She lost interest in that one after about three months.  Hopefully Daxxy gets sent to regular preschool next year when she loses interest.  With the right teacher, he could have a chance.  A friend's nephew grew by leaps and bounds when he went into public school.  His parents just parked him in front of screens and didn't interact with him much.  In school he got structure and attention and activities to stimulate his brain.

I am relieved to know that at least JillD is not allowing Amy to teach her kids.  JillD is bad enough.

• Like 15
On 8/25/2023 at 8:31 AM, Meow Mix said:

I keep hoping that this ends the same way as Amy's "calling" to help troubled teenaged girls.  She lost interest in that one after about three months.  Hopefully Daxxy gets sent to regular preschool next year when she loses interest.  With the right teacher, he could have a chance.  A friend's nephew grew by leaps and bounds when he went into public school.  His parents just parked him in front of screens and didn't interact with him much.  In school he got structure and attention and activities to stimulate his brain.

I am relieved to know that at least JillD is not allowing Amy to teach her kids.  JillD is bad enough.

I'll never understand why people have kids and don't interact with or do things with.

• Like 12
3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Bets on whether Amy knows she didn't get even a single name-drop?

🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  

I know!! I searched my Kindle book. The word "cousin" doesn't appear, nor does "Amy."

• Applause 1
  • LOL 17