Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Apparently Dax is a product model. But they photoshopped out his mullet. 😁

Amy protecting her son……Ads for Walmart, and 9,234 followers from her “small circle” on his Instagram. It’s funny that the account only follows 17 people. She posts so much about him on her Instagram. 

• Like 7
15 hours ago, Jeeves said:

🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  

I know!! I searched my Kindle book. The word "cousin" doesn't appear, nor does "Amy."

I'm thinking that Jill has learned the hard way that Amy is not someone to trust. I would have enjoyed being a fly on the wall when Amy realized there was no praise for her, let alone mention, in the book. LOLOL 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

I can see it. Tyler is almost an adult and while he still needs parental figures, he doesn't need physical caretaking in the same way he did when he was a kid. I'm interested to see who originated the change and I feel badly if the kid is having another upheaval if it isn't what he wants, but can you imagine life in the TTH right now? The Lost Girls in the "sit around and wait to get married" season of life, Anna and the Ms maybe realizing that J'Inmate isn't coming home, JB (and Michelle?) who between SHP and Jill's tell-all are now fighting with Josh to be the villains of the Duggar story, the remaining Howlers mostly out of the house and Jana...Jana-ing, I guess. It's not where I'd want to be if I had any other options.

• Like 24
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

I can see it. Tyler is almost an adult and while he still needs parental figures, he doesn't need physical caretaking in the same way he did when he was a kid. I'm interested to see who originated the change and I feel badly if the kid is having another upheaval if it isn't what he wants, but can you imagine life in the TTH right now? The Lost Girls in the "sit around and wait to get married" season of life, Anna and the Ms maybe realizing that J'Inmate isn't coming home, JB (and Michelle?) who between SHP and Jill's tell-all are now fighting with Josh to be the villains of the Duggar story, the remaining Howlers mostly out of the house and Jana...Jana-ing, I guess. It's not where I'd want to be if I had any other options.

And the poor kid receiving no real education, only cult indoctrination. I’m so happy for him.

• Like 20
12 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

So am I. Hopefully his seven years of "homeschooling" doesn't hinder him now that he's at a real school. 

I hope they get him some private tutoring to help him catch up to his peers.  I would hate to see him give up on school because he's so far behind he just gets frustrated.

• Like 14
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But can he? Meech's lesson was pronouncing it. 😂

I remember how my geometry class got a kick out of how our teacher pronounced it perpen-dic-a-ler.

I wonder how Meech pronounces "nuclear?"

I just remembered he used to say "figger" for figure.  This was in New Jersey, and we wondered if he might've come from the South.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • LOL 9

Amy says she’s getting all kinds of messages about writing a book. Gee I wonder why? Perhaps because she said it? “My story would be completely different from Jinger and Jill’s “. Anyway, she goes on to say it’s about Jill and Derick right now, and then pans to her mother, who is not very convincing.

D939858C-BE38-4684-8826-FD7C1FD910AA.jpeg

• LOL 8

If Amy is going to write a book she should go through her history of SM posts, interviews and Duggar show appearances so she doesn't end up with a third or fourth version of stories she's already told.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 3
  • LOL 16

Yet another Amy crusade.  My understanding is that Jill and Derick spent a lot of hours working with the ghost writer to get this story to its endpoint.  I doubt Amy could stick with it for more than a week before she got bored and quit.  Also, just because publishers are contacting her (publishers could be two, not necessarily a bunch) doesn't mean she will get a deal.  They want something that will sell which Jill had in spades.  Amy, not so much.

• Like 11

So, Amy, are you putting the money Daxxy earns into a savings account, maybe a future college account? 
Yeah, he would have to have a non-Amy teacher/educator in order to be able to think about going to college in the future.  

• Like 22
8 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Dax reminds me of Opie Taylor in this picture.  When the show first started.

I see some similarity, particularly with the hair color.  Here's a picture of Ron Howard before Opie when he was in The Music Man, probably at age 7.

ron howard.jpg

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

While having her wine, or whine, she shared how her son has changed since he turned 4. She began by saying she will always be proud of her “little model and the things he does”. She says he had been really easy, and respectful. Now he won’t hold her hand in a parking lot, says no, and wants to use “big big knives”……”today he kind of slapped at me”. She went on to say they do gentle parenting and he lost some privileges, they took away some of his toys, “for tonight “.

screenshot from the video:

331CD797-8727-443A-A690-DEEF84196B88.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 11

Does Famy not remember all her previous posts? If they just took away some toys he probably wouldn’t even notice. Seems like he’s been obsessed with knives for awhile but hey, a hard day for mama. How relatable she is to all the other mamas./s

• Like 14

not to defend her lack of firm parenting but she is probably a bit traumatized by what she saw her cousins go through over the years.....even the simple (not nice or kind, just as an example) blanket training. God knows what else went on there over the years that we will never hear about. she is going to extremes the other way and wont realize her mistake for many years probably. we who are older and wiser (and in my case, have learned from our mistakes) can see the writing on the walls.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3
7 minutes ago, zoomama said:

not to defend her lack of firm parenting but she is probably a bit traumatized by what she saw her cousins go through over the years.....even the simple (not nice or kind, just as an example) blanket training. God knows what else went on there over the years that we will never hear about. she is going to extremes the other way and wont realize her mistake for many years probably. we who are older and wiser (and in my case, have learned from our mistakes) can see the writing on the walls.

Amy wasn't nearly with her cousins, as much as she likes others to think. Amy went to public school, lived with her mom and had her own friends. I'm sure she was exposed to typical parenting more often than anything she happened to see when she was at the Duggar home.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3

Amy is fundamentally full of shit. (She's a lot like dear Uncle Jim Bob in that way.) I don't think she spent anywhere near as much time with them as she lets on. One of my favorite things about Amy is how much her story changes when it suits her. At times, she claims to have been there constantly and have witnessed everything and claims only an NDA hampers her ability to reveal all the tea she's sitting on. And then other times, she's basically like "Who dis? I barely know these people." I am sure the truth is somewhere in the middle, but I suspect the fact she was Deanna's illegitimate daughter who went to public school meant they largely saw her at family events rather than her being a frequent visitor to the Duggar home. 

• Like 23

Amy had made her son’s Instagram private, with “only close” friends and family following (close to 10,000) according to Amy.

She made it public again (9,147 current followers) and posted this in her stories:

71DEA907-F3F0-49C9-8E2A-8189C47CE2FC.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 5

No doubt in response to comments, Amy explained they will monitor the account and block anything “negative or inappropriate. She ended with, “It’s just a way for him to kind of enjoy social media in a safe and healthy way.”.

• Sad 4
  • LOL 7