Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

How does Amy know the posts are from "grown women". She's naïve if she thinks all IG accounts are what they say they are. And I hardly think comments like, I like his hair shorter, or he should lose the mullet, are "ATTACKING" a 4 year old.

So, so far Dax wants to be a YouTube star, wanted a mullet (when no one else has them), wants to enter a mullet contest, wants to perm his mullet and has all kinds of style.

This kid seems to know more about the world than the average 4 year old. And as far as style, half his clothes are freebie shills and the other half are thrifted. I can see Dax now, going through racks and racks of clothes telling Amy what he wants.

Why is it stage moms blame the followers/fans and not themselves?

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So, so far Dax wants to be a YouTube star, wanted a mullet (when no one else has them), wants to enter a mullet contest, wants to perm his mullet and has all kinds of style.

Didn't he also want to review toys?

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1

Makes her want to stop posting?  Suuure.  She'll stop posting when pigs fly.  And I'm a grown woman and if I comment on that poor kid's hair, I'm not attacking him, I'm attacking Amy for using her kid for the fame she so desperately craves.  So if she so strong and she can take it, why is she constantly whining?

• Like 20
  • Applause 2
Just now, Meow Mix said:

Makes her want to stop posting?  Suuure.  She'll stop posting when pigs fly.  And I'm a grown woman and if I comment on that poor kid's hair, I'm not attacking him, I'm attacking Amy for using her kid for the fame she so desperately craves.  So if she so strong and she can take it, why is she constantly whining?

Attention. She feeds off any kind she can get. 

• Like 10
On 12/1/2023 at 12:37 PM, GeeGolly said:

Amy does know we've all seen the kid's birthday parties, right?

Between Amy's thrifting hauls, happy mail and outings, is there many days in a month when Daxxy ISN'T getting anything?

I got nothing to contribute except I would love for Dax to GET a decent haircut.  

• Like 9
On 12/3/2023 at 8:44 AM, oliviabenson said:

Dax is a very spoiled boy thanks to his relatives. He is going to give them a run for their $ as a teen. He is being failed by his relatives. Anyways I wish Amy /king pickle luck when they have to deal with consequences of their poor parenting choices.

Why does this make me think of the imagery on the Dukes of Hazzard car?

• LOL 9
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4E2221D2-FE59-4923-9F41-EF455B363CBE.jpeg

The only 'knife safety' lesson a 3 year old needs is to be taught not to ever touch one.  And parents should be keeping them out of reach in the first place.

Amy is completely clueless as to how terrible her parenting is.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 14
27 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I hope the kid doesn’t get hurt because his parents are idiots.

I'm more concerned about the other kids in the neighborhood.  What if he doesn't win the mullet contest that is so important to him?  Will he go all Anthony Perkins on the winner?

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Poor Dax, he sounds like a complete terror. Imagine how unsafe it must feel to him to hold all that power. Amy doesn't get it - enforced rules and schedules allow a kid to move through their day with a cozy protection. Sure, a parent can be flexible here and there, but to let a 4yo rule the roost is so wrong.

Someone needs to DM Amy some parenting tips.

• Like 15
  • Applause 8
(edited)

So, Amy, did you say "No capri sun or tv until after school/you get dressed?" I'm betting no. It's not harmful or the equivalent of the awful instant obedience game to start teaching about consequences. 

As much as I think home-schooling for religious/political reasons is abhorrent (I feel differently about other motivations), some primary teacher somewhere in Arkansas has seriously lucked out. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 21
  • LOL 2

Amy seems to have forgotten that she is supposed to be the parent.  Kid only wants Capri Sun, he can have it after he puts on clothes and does school work.  Yes, he'll cry and whine, but no kid ever died from that.  I agree, this kid is screaming out for structure and Amy is not paying attention.  I pity any teacher who has to deal with him if she gets bored with homeschooling.

• Like 19

While not QUITE as sad as JillR's/Kaylee's post, Amy has made several errors in that post.

But the biggest problem is the way she's raising that out-of-control child.  By now, he's old enough to know what buttons to push, to get her to give into whatever he's demanding, and to disregard what little she expects from him.  

4 hours ago, satrunrose said:

So, Amy, did you say "No capri sun or tv until after school/you get dressed?" I'm betting no. It's not harmful or the equivalent of the awful instant obedience game to start teaching about consequences. 

As much as I think home-schooling for religious/political reasons is abhorrent (I feel differently about other motivations), some primary teacher somewhere in Arkansas has seriously lucked out. 

That's what she should be doing!  Your last paragraph is spot on, especially.

• Like 11
26 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

While not QUITE as sad as JillR's/Kaylee's post, Amy has made several errors in that post.

Yeah, it’s still pretty bad!

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, AstridM said:

She allegedly attended actual schools, but clearly they were subpar. 

The schools were probably fine. It's the student's responsibility to try and master the material. Famy was probably too busy with makeup and boys to bother with school.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
On 1/20/2024 at 4:00 PM, floridamom said:

....peed in the floor on accident? What a mess of a post. 

Yeah, and he "hid candy in the shower." Why does this tiny kid have access to candy to hide in the shower? Why was he running around unsupervised so that he could "accidentally" pee on the floor and Amy would slip on it later?

She seems to thing (like Jessa) that all these examples of her terrible parenting are just normal -- kids, right? -- moments, when they're so awful. At least she only has one . . .

• Like 15
(edited)
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m thinking he’s going to be an only child. Amy can barely handle him.

I hope they don't have another kid.  I don't think Daxxy would accept the fact he would have to share Amy's attention with a baby. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 18
  • Useful 1

Not only is Dax a terror, he seems to be about 2 years behind developmentally. The antics Amy described are how a 2 year old might behave when exploring independence. Of course usually not all in one day and knives are never involved.

No one is a perfect child, just as no one is a perfect parent. Most of us come out relatively fine in spite of some shitty parenting moments, but the dynamic between Dax and Amy is, IMO, is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1