Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Matthew McConaughey's son just got permission to have IG. He's 16.

Amy is a liar who lies. She's aiming to make Dax into a money making IG kid. Like @Salacious Kitty said, he's 4. Four year olds don't know what SM is unless someone tells them. And even then there is no way they can come close to comprehending what it really is.

How long until Amy has Daxxy throwing knives at a board covered in balloons?

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Amy had made her son’s Instagram private, with “only close” friends and family following (close to 10,000) according to Amy.

She made it public again (9,147 current followers) and posted this in her stories:

71DEA907-F3F0-49C9-8E2A-8189C47CE2FC.jpeg

Amy, get your poor child off social media!

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No doubt in response to comments, Amy explained they will monitor the account and block anything “negative or inappropriate. She ended with, “It’s just a way for him to kind of enjoy social media in a safe and healthy way.”.

He doesn’t even need to know about social media yet, ffs. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

It will be interesting to watch as Amy becomes more like Uncle Jim Bob every day, at least when it comes to exploiting her child. Yet she finds (posts) fault with Jim Bob whenever she feels the need for a bit of attention for herself. WTG Famy!

• Like 14
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Someone needs to ask Amy if she's opening a separate bank account for Dax to put part or all of any money earned in his own account.

One they can't withdraw from to say, pay back taxes or past due rent.

Nope would be my guess.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1

I really hope Jill Dillard is staying far away from Amy.  She has gotten toxic between running to the tabloids and now pimping out her kid.  I hope Jill realized that Amy is not above selling images of Jill's boys as well.  Maybe Amy should cut back on buying plastic junk and her husband should cut back on the edibles and they would be able to pay their bills without selling their kid's image.  And cut that stupid mullet while they're at it.

• Like 10
9 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

She has gotten toxic between running to the tabloids and now pimping out her kid.

I don't think she's gotten toxic, as in it's a new development. She has been toxic for a long time. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 7

That picture looks like a reject from a photo shoot when she's cosplaying with something Jill Rodrigues would wear in Nashville and think makes her look like a fancy country star. 😂

• Like 3
  • LOL 18
21 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I haven’t sent out or received a Christmas card in a decade or more, so I hardly think it’s an unpopular opinion.

I'm not sure that many people do them anymore or maybe it's just our family and friends. We used to get a lot but in the last couple only get like six.

• Like 9

I don’t live near most of my family and friends so I probably send out 15 or so Christmas cards. When I was a kid in the olden days, my parents sent out so many cards we all had to help, like an assembly line. And very few of their family/friends lived more than 10 miles away. Different times. I don’t ever remember getting a card like the one Famy sent, lol.

• Like 8

I send out a Christmas card with all of my pets, and I like getting them. My sister LOVES them and keeps them safe in ziplock bag, so my friends will often send two (so she will have one of her own). I think it’s fun to show people you’re thinking of them at the holidays, but whatever brings people joy. 

I agree no one wants to see a picture of Amy’s buttocks. It’s a cute photo but not exactly holiday themed. 

• Like 10

We, well, I, send out cards each year.  I don't let Mr. Six help because of his handwriting.  At our peak, right after our wedding, we sent around 75 out.  It has dwindled down to roughly 40 over the past few years.  I actually just had Mr. Six print out my address list for me, and I have procured the cards, postage, envelope seals, and address labels.  I will take some time tomorrow and edit any address that need updating, and I will start writing them out.  I always add the cats' names, and I put a little paw print stamp near their name.  It takes me a few hours to get them done, but I enjoy it so much.  Everyone deserves mail that isn't a bill 🤷‍♀️

• Like 13
  • Love 7

I think the reason Amy shared this old card is because she thinks she looks hot in this pic. She doesn't make much effort these days with her appearance. She mostly makes scrunched up faces in her posts.

Edited by BetyBee
  • Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
On 11/28/2023 at 9:55 PM, sixlets said:

We, well, I, send out cards each year.  I don't let Mr. Six help because of his handwriting.  At our peak, right after our wedding, we sent around 75 out.  It has dwindled down to roughly 40 over the past few years.  I actually just had Mr. Six print out my address list for me, and I have procured the cards, postage, envelope seals, and address labels.  I will take some time tomorrow and edit any address that need updating, and I will start writing them out.  I always add the cats' names, and I put a little paw print stamp near their name.  It takes me a few hours to get them done, but I enjoy it so much.  Everyone deserves mail that isn't a bill 🤷‍♀️

I never thought of paw prints. I always added our pets names when I sign at the end and our address labels have always been ones that look most like the pet we have at the time. Along with a story about the pet. I don't have any kids so my exciting stories are my pets who well are my kids. I'll have to look into paw prints. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9

In an instagram story Amy said, “Something that we do, it’s totally different than I feel like everyone does, but we don’t give the presents all at once at Christmas we scatter them throughout the month, because Christmas can be just really over sensory and just overwhelming for a younger child.”. 

They have so much stuff in that house. I think she should have him donate something every day of the month. Her take on “sensory” doesn’t take into consideration the piles of toys they have now, and the stuff she’s adding to it. That equals sensory overload.

On my first coffee at the moment so this may not make sense. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 22

Amy does know we've all seen the kid's birthday parties, right?

Between Amy's thrifting hauls, happy mail and outings, is there many days in a month when Daxxy ISN'T getting anything?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 18
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

In an instagram story Amy said, “Something that we do, it’s totally different than I feel like everyone does, but we don’t give the presents all at once at Christmas we scatter them throughout the month, because Christmas can be just really over sensory and just overwhelming for a younger child.”. 

They have so much stuff in that house. I think she should have him donate something every day of the month. Her take on “sensory” doesn’t take into consideration the piles of toys they have now, and the stuff she’s adding to it. That equals sensory overload.

Uhhh, Amy, couldn't you, you know just... get him less stuff? This Is one of the last years before he's old enough to go full on Dudley Dursley "Last year you got me 40 presents and this year you only got me 35!" They should be course correcting before he gets completely insufferable, not amping it up to a month-long gift-a-palooza. The kid's homeschooled and the Dillard kids don't seem to have gifts-to-the-ceiling Christmas, so it's not like he's going to feel hard done by in comparison to his friends and classmates. 

• Like 20
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

On my first coffee at the moment so this may not make sense. 🤣🤣🤣

Too many Christmas presents overwhelming for a young child but wielding knives isn't apparently. Go sit down, Amy. LOL 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 15
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 2
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

Too many Christmas presents overwhelming for a young child but wielding knives aren't apparently. Go sit down, Amy. LOL 

Famy is the anti-Jessa. The latter rotates toys every couple of months, storing the rest away in bins. Daxxxy's room probably looks like a bomb exploded.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

If it's so overwhelming for him, why get him all that stuff?  I used to go to a Christmas celebration for a friend's family and there were several kids there.  I always brought gifts for the kids as well as the adults.  My friend asked me to stop because the kids already had so many gifts from other sources that it was getting overwhelming.  So, they would get one gift from another family member to open at the gathering and that made things a lot calmer.  I wasn't offended in the least and it made things easier for me as well.  There are solutions that don't involve continuing to buy all that junk and cluttering up the house.

• Like 14

Exactly also many times the gift doesn't need to be material.  The auntie and uncle of my grandkids like to give experiences such as ice skating, museum trips, or a weekend for one on one attention.  The kids will forget toys but hopefully always remember rafting with the uncles.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

Amy and her Dillweed are the parents. They set the tone for Christmas morning. They could slow things down, in addition to buying Dax less junk. Maybe do stockings and one gift, then pause for breakfast. Maybe have Dax gives gifts to his parents and grandma and take a long moment for that to happen. In other words Dax doesn't have to tear into present after present. But somehow I think Amy encourages him to. 

I can hear her now, Oh yay! You wanted that. Don't you love it? What's in the big box Dax, what's in the big box? Oh my, Santa must love you. Did you see that flat present over there Dax? Do that one next. And on and on and on.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
34 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder how many toys Amy donates to Toys for Tots.

My sister's kids had a ton of toys  Both she and my BIL came from large families and everyone wanted to give the kids something.  One year, she counted and they each had 14 gifts before Santa ever came.  I was big on giving them experiences like memberships to the zoo or the local science museum or tickets to an ice show, kid's theater, etc.

My sister, once the kids were big enough to clean up after themselves, got each one a large box with their name on it at the beginning of December each year.  Each kid had to fill the box with toys they no longer played with to be donated.  No fair donating broken stuff, either.  Then, they'd take the full boxes to the local fire station where they collected toys for needy families.

Amy is a fool.  Anyone with common sense could explain to her that the way to avoid the kid getting overwhelmed by opening gifts at Christmas is not to extend the gift giving, but cut it back to a reasonable number for the kid's age.  And, maybe, try to do fun Christmas activities that don't involve the kid getting presents.  Bake some cookies, make some decorations for the tree, color some pictures to send with cards.  Take the kid to Target and pick out socks and underwear to donate to a local homeless shelter.  Make Christmas about something other than the kid receiving gifts.

• Like 16
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Amy has mentioned taking toys back to consignment store to resell after Daxxy is tired of them. Mainly so she can buy my more stuff.

I just can't imagine anything that kid touches comes out unscathed, let alone in condition for resale. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Dax is a very spoiled boy thanks to his relatives. He is going to give them a run for their $ as a teen. He is being failed by his relatives. Anyways I wish Amy /king pickle luck when they have to deal with consequences of their poor parenting choices.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1