Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

On 11/5/2022 at 7:33 AM, BigBingerBro said:

aj7i2pzijyx91.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

The lack of self-awareness is stunning.  Apparently she recently blabbed to a tabloid that she wants to do Dancing with the Stars (he!) and the supposedly mean ole JB wouldn't let her do other reality programs back in the day.  She just needs to quit with this.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

I didn't read the article, but I find in hard to believe Amy would be questioned in anything related to Josh. She had nothing to do with his car lot and they had enough witnesses to his previous bad acts without needing to probe if anyone else had more to add.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
On 11/12/2022 at 3:30 AM, GeeGolly said:

I didn't read the article, but I find in hard to believe Amy would be questioned in anything related to Josh. She had nothing to do with his car lot and they had enough witnesses to his previous bad acts without needing to probe if anyone else had more to add.

I didn't watch it either, but it could have been just a general inquiry. It could have been more. They have to dot their i's and cross their t's. 

18 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I didn't watch it either, but it could have been just a general inquiry. It could have been more. They have to dot their i's and cross their t's. 

I suppose it could, but I certainly wouldn't expect to be contacted if one of my cousins committed a crime.  Actually I wouldn't expect to be contacted if my siblings committed crimes either.

I'm going to go with either Amy made it all up or the tabloid made it all up.

• Like 2
On 11/12/2022 at 1:30 AM, GeeGolly said:

Amy probably called every police department she could think of! 

• LOL 12
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I suppose it could, but I certainly wouldn't expect to be contacted if one of my cousins committed a crime.  Actually I wouldn't expect to be contacted if my siblings committed crimes either.

I won't completely discount Amy being contacted to see if she had any info.  I once was contacted about the brother of my deceased (for years) husband who lived across the country from us and I hadn't seen in ten years or more.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
47 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Amy probably called every police department she could think of! 

Yeah, just to tell them that she didn’t know anything and by the way, not to mention her name or release it to the media, since she wants a low profile. And, that’s Amy with a Y.   Lol. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, just to tell them that she didn’t know anything and by the way, not to mention her name or release it to the media, since she wants a low profile. And, that’s Amy with a Y.   Lol. 

Nicely done!!

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She's letting her 3 year old use big knives. Saw a picture of him cutting apples. 

Because he's so SMART!!!! 🙄

I didn't see a picture but in an IG story Amy says her son "throws butter knives" because they're "not real knives" so they let him use sharp knives - I kid you not.

In the NEXT slide she's shilling the BABY wagon/stroller that she uses with Dax.

You can't make this shit up.

• Mind Blown 7
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't see a picture but in an IG story Amy says her son "throws butter knives" because they're "not real knives" so they let him use sharp knives - I kid you not.

In the NEXT slide she's shilling the BABY wagon/stroller that she uses with Dax.

You can't make this shit up.

😲  image.png.cf36ebc03dbfb6b171905b051024382b.png

• LOL 5

She did a video stating that butter knives tick him off, and he throws them. She also said he knows the difference between safe knives and a “not safe knife”, and he throws them too. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 10
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She did a video stating that butter knives tick him off, and he throws them. She also said he knows the difference between safe knives and a not “safe knife”, and he throws them too. 🤦‍♀️

But walking is hard. So when Dax isn't playing with knives, she pulls him around in a wagon.

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7

She could also purchase an apple corer/cutter which is what I gave my kids and my grandchildren.  It's still sharp, but safer than a regular knife.  To my mind those are safe around age 5 depending on the child maybe age 4.  As a prior kindergarten teacher, I haven't yet seen a three year old that I would trust with an adult cooking knife.  

9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She did a video stating that butter knives tick him off, and he throws them. She also said he knows the difference between safe knives and a “not safe knife”, and he throws them too. 🤦‍♀️

The proper response to a three year old throwing butter knives/dinner knives is NO knives period.

ETA:  Those children's knives are for age 6 and up.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 4
  • Applause 10
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Quof said:

Saying "no" will damage your child's self-esteem.   That's it, in a nutshell. 

Not really. It's just finding creative ways to parent when a child has done something wrong. A PITFALL would be the parent who can't say no. 

That's Amy. She's doing it wrong.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I am pretty sure she said he only wants "big" knives. This kid is so spoiled, and it's not going to end well. 

Easy solution. Big knives are for adults, lets pick out a kid's knife or you get no knives at all. What's the worst that will happen? Dax will show his disappointment by crying or throwing a fit? He's three now is the time to show him how to handle emotions. Being sad and mad is okay, but it won't always change the outcome (and shouldn't in this circumstance).

And IMO, throwing a fit is much more appropriate, safe and healthy than throwing knives.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

A

4 hours ago, Quof said:

Saying "no" will damage your child's self-esteem.   That's it, in a nutshell. 

Oh, FFS! 🙄

Dax has a new haircut.  You can see it in Amy’s IG stories.  All I have to say about it is that it’s, ummm, different.  That poor child drew a blank with parents. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Easy solution. Big knives are for adults, lets pick out a kid's knife or you get no knives at all. What's the worst that will happen? Dax will show his disappointment by crying or throwing a fit? He's three now is the time to show him how to handle emotions. Being sad and mad is okay, but it won't always change the outcome (and shouldn't in this circumstance).

And IMO, throwing a fit is much more appropriate, safe and healthy than throwing knives.

Won't happen. Famy indulges this kid to an unhealthy degree.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Not really. It's just finding creative ways to parent when a child has done something wrong. A PITFALL would be the parent who can't say no. 

That's Amy. She's doing it wrong.

She’s at the opposite end of Jill Rodrigues when it comes to parenting, and they’re ridiculous IMO.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder is she has already contacted Food Network to see when Daxie can be on the kid's baking show.  He would have to be out his wagon, however.

"Hi, Food Network, this is Amy DUGGAR. I'm the bad DUGGAR. The black sheep of the family DUGGAR. But boy do I have a marvelous opportunity for you. My--why do they keep hanging up?" 

• LOL 19
17 hours ago, awaken said:

Not a fan of Amy but can’t fault her for this. My kids have used real knives and have cooked right alongside me since toddlerhood and are now proficient self sufficient cooks in childhood. 

But did they fling the knives? I am cool with helping in the kitchen and teaching one to be self sufficient.  If she doesn't nip this one part in the bud she will be dodging knives any time this kids gets angsty. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

But did they fling the knives? I am cool with helping in the kitchen and teaching one to be self sufficient.  If she doesn't nip this one part in the bud she will be dodging knives any time this kids gets angsty. 

And they might not all be butter knives.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Does she mean table knives when she refers to butter knives?  I don't know many people that have/use specific butter knives anymore.  I have several, but they are sterling and not used every day.  Butter knives are much smaller than table knives.  Regardless of size, it is not cute to allow you kid to throw any tableware.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm sure she means regular table knives. Maybe it's a regional thing?

We've always called them both - I'm from New England but my mom was from the south, so I don't know where it comes from for us.

• Love 2