Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, SMama said:

I wish she provided context. Are they writing a book, cooperating with the documentary supposedly coming out next year, upcoming interview? 

Amy seems to think spewing shit on SM is helping others.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

To be fair, so do JB and Michelle. Amy may not be their apple but she learned plenty from their tree.

Is the rug remark an attempt at alluding to things swept under the rug? Like how JB and Michelle his how bad the sexual abuse truly was while passing judgment on everyone?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, SMama said:

To be fair, so do JB and Michelle. Amy may not be their apple but she learned plenty from their tree.

Is the rug remark an attempt at alluding to things swept under the rug? Like how JB and Michelle his how bad the sexual abuse truly was while passing judgment on everyone?

I didn't even know JB & M used SM that much, but anyway they are a low, low bar.

Who knows what they mean about being swept under the rug, but IMO, other than for the 4 sisters, the molestation ship has sailed on. Its nobody's business but theirs. If this is all about the crimes of Josh, I'll have even less respect for Amy and that's hard to do because my respect for her is between slim and none.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Fundies in general seem to think likewise.  “Our TV show/SM accounts are MiNiStRiEs!”

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so now I need to worry about both the evil router and the evil under my rugs?? 🙈🙉🙊😂

Best argument for hard wood floors, ever! 😂🤣😂

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't even know JB & M used SM that much, but anyway they are a low, low bar.

Who knows what they mean about being swept under the rug, but IMO, other than for the 4 sisters, the molestation ship has sailed on. Its nobody's business but theirs. If this is all about the crimes of Josh, I'll have even less respect for Amy and that's hard to do because my respect for her is between slim and none.

I have little to no respect for Amy but I figured Deanna was fairly normal. This just proves to me that she's definitely a Duggar.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

gvkapt43mlt91.png

It's not just toys. Amy is all about conspicuous consumption. She and her husband lived in a McMansion they couldn't afford, and then moved into another big, splashy place with much more room than they need. Her living room is cluttered with "decorative" items and a big screen tv.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

When was this? In my mind, their previous house doesn’t fit this description.

Yea, I only remember the house that was cut-up with an inlaw apartment, surrounding by a gravel driveway.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

OK, if God almighty is cleaning houses, I need His help.  I sprained my wrist cleaning my house, so now there are several chores I can't do until it gets better.  Do I have to call Deanna or does God have an email?  Sorry, these two are getting ridiculous.

• LOL 13
2 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

What a revelation, predators go for the people they know won't tell!

I had no idea.

That's such a big scoop, go Amy! 

🙄

Amy asked her pedophile cousin why he didn't molest her?  Why would she do that?  Did she feel bad that he hadn't touched her?  The entire conversation between Amy and Josh seems clearly fictional to me.

I think it is far more likely that Amy was never touched because Josh never had the opportunity.  Seems like that was his major criterion for choosing victims; that they were available.

• Like 8
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, beckie said:

Didn't she and her mother claim to not have known before? Or am I mistaken? Because, if I'm not, when did that supposed discussion supposedly take place?

I just skimmed the article, but didn't it say that the conversation took place after the In Touch article in 2015?

Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

I just skimmed the article, but didn't it say that the conversation took place after the In Touch article in 2015?

I just skimmed it, too and don't recall seeing a date mentioned. But I could be wrong. Either way, Amy and Deanna had more than an inkling of what was going on, if that conversation actually took place.

I just checked the article again. It says the conversation took place years before he was arrested on the CSAM charges, but only says it was "a long time ago." That could mean anything. 

IF the conversation happened at all. And I kind of doubt it. Famy needed some money. Her store is back online, but after being down for months, I think people have moved on.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

I didn't read the article but how would this all go down?

Hey Josh, Happy Easter! By the way, why did you never molest me? Or, Josh, did you read the latest article about you? Everyone wants to know why you left me alone.

Using logic - Amy is two years older than Josh and Amy didn't live with the Duggars.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Amy asked her pedophile cousin why he didn't molest her?  Why would she do that?  Did she feel bad that he hadn't touched her?  The entire conversation between Amy and Josh seems clearly fictional to me.

I think it is far more likely that Amy was never touched because Josh never had the opportunity.  Seems like that was his major criterion for choosing victims; that they were available.

Actually, I think it's possible he didn't go after Amy because she would tell. She's older and didn't grow up fundie. She also has more real life experience than him. Yes, he went after his younger sisters because he had the opportunity, but also because they were raised in a patriarcal cult that blame victims. The whole cult raises girls to be the perfect victims ant the men to be blameless.

However, it entirely possible the whole conversation never happened. Who asks that?

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yup. That's certainly the subtext here.

Yeah I don't think it's unusual to have a bit of survivors' guilt when something like this happens in the family. I seriously doubt Amy was ever an intended target both due to circumstance and her age, but I don't think it's a stretch for someone to still wonder about it, even if on the surface it seems unlikely. 

But that's shit you work out privately and not by repeatedly inserting yourself into the narrative via social media and tabloids. It's not about you, Amy! Repeat after me: It s not about you. It's not your story to tell. You are not the primary victim here and never were. Go the fuck away and shut the fuck up. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 12
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Amy and the media both need to stop. The molestations were over 20 years ago. The story breaking is nearing the 10 year mark. Enough is enough.

I don't have a problem with them being brought up towards Josh or in articles about him or his parents. I don't want it ever being forgotten what Josh did and his parents' did nothing and continue while he's done more horrible stuff. But the rest needs to stop. Amy isn't constantly bringing it up because she cares but for likes and attention. She still the same attention seeking  person she's always been. It doesn't need to be constantly brought up in articles for the siblings unless they say or do something  in regards to it or something. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Notabug said:

So why was Jana not touched?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

It's time for the Duggar and Bates forums to be shut down since this is supposed to be a site about TV shows and they don't have shows anymore.

Wow that seems extreme, this is a pretty busy forum to just shut down and like @GeeGolly said there’s other popular forums that don’t have shows attached to them.

• Like 7
  • Love 3