Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm pretty sure the deleted video was posted here. It's the one where she said she wasn't trying to be "irrelevant." At least I think that's the one. I didn't see any other videos from Amy in the past week other than that one and the apology one. 

Yeah I didn't actually watch any of the videos and usually avoid the whole family's videos. (I made an exception for Amish Paradise Ben. LOLOL) I do remember the discussion from earlier this week wherein she seemed to be on a soapbox about haters, but I'd assumed she meant snarkers and didn't realize things had gotten perceived as weirdly personal toward someone. 

• Love 3
Just now, Zella said:

Yeah I didn't actually watch any of the videos and usually avoid the whole family's videos. (I made an exception for Amish Paradise Ben. LOLOL) I do remember the discussion from earlier this week wherein she seemed to be on a soapbox about haters, but I'd assumed she meant snarkers and didn't realize things had gotten perceived as weirdly personal toward someone. 

Yeah, I thought she was addressing the snarkers as well. I had no clue it was aimed at that Backwoods Barbi person. I got curious and checked out her YT. She had a 30 minute video on KJ and Amy. I made it about one minute, but it was easy to see where Amy got her redneck reference from; BB spoke with a very thick Southern drawl and didn't seem too bright. Or I didn't get her humor? I am curious about her side since she and KJ apparently have a history. 

KJ seems to burn a lot of bridges and blame others for her woes. She doesn't seem to make the connection that she is the problem.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Amy's original video was about people who look to say something negative about everything she posts. She talked about everything she says or does is critiqued. bangs, fashion, chickfla, etc and she spoke in a heavy accent (her normal). Jill even commented on it being funny and on point.  So I don't think Amy brought Backwoods Barbi into it, KJ did.  

Backwoods Barbi seems really nutty and an over reactor. 

Edited by auntieminem
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

Yea, Amy was very clear she was addressing haters in the original video, which makes the three way cat fight even funnier/sadder. It appears Miss Crystal Balls is an even more special kind of crazy, than I originally thought.

• Love 8

My assumption was that Backwoods Barbi was included in the group of haters Amy was referring to but that video wasn't explicitly about her.  But I could easily see how it had nothing at all to do with BB and KJ just jumped on the chance to use Amy as validation that she's in the right in her feud with BB.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yea, Amy was very clear she was addressing haters in the original video, which makes the three way cat fight even funnier/sadder. It appears Miss Crystal Balls is an even more special kind of crazy, than I originally thought.

I watched her CB a time or two then she went live and was being sued and fighting with others like her. 

She seemed to be getting Dugger info from a source. Then it was revealed the source was Amy and now they’re fighting. 

It’s a deep, dark hole they are all dwelling in. 

Amy would do much better minding her own business but she so wants to be a somebody!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 11/7/2021 at 8:34 PM, GeeGolly said:

So three grown ass women, who have never met, are duking it out on SM. The only thing missing is Derick. 😁

And none of these people have anything else to do with their time?  Come to my house and I'll give them a few chores.  

• LOL 17
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I'm guessing gun season for deer hunting as opposed to bow season.

Yeah, I've got a cousin who hunts and who lives in a rural area where a lot of people do the same.  They always refer to deer season in terms of what weapons are legal when; so there's 'bow season' and 'gun season'.  As I recall, bow season comes first.

Jinx!  Started writing just as Zella was posting.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 9

It’s almost scary to read the humpers’ comments on Facebook anytime anything about Josie is posted.  People almost claiming her as their own as they’ve prayed for her and followed her story since Day 1.  I can never never imagine exploiting my child for fame and profit the way Boob and Mullet, or any other reality show families have.  I feel so bad for all the awkward embarrassing moments of those kids’ lives that have been shown to millions and can continue to be found online.  And all without their consent.  Awful parents, all of them.

Edited by Tigregirl
Typo
  • Love 14
On 11/17/2021 at 3:04 PM, SMama said:

I wouldn’t have chosen the second and fourth pictures.

I wouldn't have chosen the first one, either.

Do they really have no pictures of their child where she is dressed nicely, and her hair is neatly styled?

I will say that she at least looks happy, her clothes are clean, and some attempt has been made with the hair, but really, that's the best they have?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I wouldn't have chosen the first one, either.

Do they really have no pictures of their child where she is dressed nicely, and her hair is neatly styled?

I will say that she at least looks happy, her clothes are clean, and some attempt has been made with the hair, but really, that's the best they have?

I've always thought that Josie's hair must be different than her mother's and sisters' hair. I think hers is thinner and basically more flyaway. IMO her clueless mom and sibs don't know how to deal with Josie's hair - and apparently can't be bothered to notice that it's different or learn how to take care of it, if they have noticed.

I was a little blonde kid with flyaway hair that rarely looked nice in photos, so I can relate to Josie. Thinking back, the only time my hair looked really nice was in a photo taken when I was in second grade for a newspaper article; my teacher actually brought bobby pins and worked on my hair beforehand (wet it, combed the bangs, set the side curls and combed it all out when dry). My stepmom was a sweetie but she could be incredibly oblivious to some things and I think my hair was one of them, lol. 

I hope somebody at the TTH is getting better at styling Josie's hair, but my expectations are low. She'll probably have to figure it out for herself when she gets older.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Did they ever sell the albatross?

as of today, it real estate sites still say pending and Washington County shows it still in their names

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 9
13 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

From Joy, I guess. I saw her comment on Joy’s IG that she missed her neighbor.

Looks like a townhome to me too.

I agree, I think its a townhome/condo and not a single family home.

• Love 1

I can see townhome/condo, but because they have a kid, I'm leaning toward a single family home.

Maybe that's the garage to the right and main part of the house to the left. And after looking more closely I don't think it is all that big. It looks like a cheaply made smaller McMansion that couldn't decide whether to be French Country or Colonial.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

0dpp2ck56k181.jpg

Maybe Amy knew nothing, but I find it very hard to believe Deanna didn't know what was happening. Between Grandma Mary and all the gossip going around, how could she not know?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How is Amy saying this now, when she said a couple of years ago that her mom made sure the mom or grandma was always with her when she went to the TTH?

Both could be true. Deanna could’ve made sure someone was always with her without telling her about it. 
But yes, it’s odd.  Deanna and her mother were very close. I can’t imagine they didn’t talk. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How is Amy saying this now, when she said a couple of years ago that her mom made sure the mom or grandma was always with her when she went to the TTH?

Two things can be true. Deanna and Mary were always with Amy at the TTH, and now that she’s an adult these events have answered why. 

• Love 11

Who knows what Mary actually knew? She wasn't living with the family when Amy was growing up. Amy was also so deemed a "bad influence" and has said before that she wasn't allowed at the TTH by herself until she was filmed for the show (she would have been 21). 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Is anyone actually asking Amy why she didn't do anything when Josh abused his sisters, or is she simply inserting herself for the likes again?

11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Because she's always full of whichever shit might fit the current narrative. If Mary and Deanne knew about Josh and they were concerned enough to never let her go to the TTH alone, then they are as vile as JB and Michelle for being happy to jump on the TLC gravy train. Amy essentially said that her oh-so-concerned mom was totally cool with her minor daughter going to the TTH to make the Duggars--including Josh--look good for the cameras. 

I can imagine that Deanne didn't know about the abuse before we did. JB and Michelle seemed to not confide in anyone who wasn't part of their church. Mary, I'm not too sure about. I would guess she also was unaware, except that "Alice" practically described her as the power behind the throne, and considering how spot on she was on everything else, I'm going to believe Alice on Mary. And if Mary really was ruthless in supporting her son, she likely wouldn't have told Deanne anything. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

Amy wasn't in the early specials when she would have been a teen. Her first appearance was Smuggar's wedding episode in 17 Kids et al. She's a year older than Smuggar, so she was 21 when she debuted.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Both could be true. Deanna could’ve made sure someone was always with her without telling her about it. 
But yes, it’s odd.  Deanna and her mother were very close. I can’t imagine they didn’t talk. 

5 hours ago, SMama said:

Two things can be true. Deanna and Mary were always with Amy at the TTH, and now that she’s an adult these events have answered why. 

That's what I thought originally, that they kept Amy safe without telling her why. Then I read this from BigBingerBro's post, and Amy is now saying her mother didn't know. If her mother (and possibly grandma) didn't know, what were they keeping her safe from? 

image.thumb.png.8a16882f64fd99c04c56e5a377375b1c.png

This post here leaves me with so many questions. How was Deanna "never told the truth over and over again"? Did Josh's time at camp come up over and over again? And how is this "division" a long time coming if they found out when we did? 

Amy would do better just to say, it was a long time ago and its not her circus, not her monkeys, and let it go.

But she seems to be unable to.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 15