Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My best friend's son in law felt sick on Saturday, tested positive on Sunday, his wife started to feel sick Sunday and positive on Tuesday. It moves fast. 

Yes, I've read that the symptoms usually show up within 72 hours, and it seems to be upper respiratory problems like a cold or flu, not the lower type affecting the lungs.  I've been vaxxed and boosted, and plan on spending today through Friday at home, hopefully without any symptoms, before spending Saturday with family.

Edited by sagittarius sue
typo
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Yes, I've read that the symptoms usually show up within 72 hours, and it seems to be upper respiratory problems like a cold or flu, not the lower type affecting the lungs.  I've been vaxxed and boosted, and plan on spending today through Friday at home, hopefully without any symptoms, before spending Saturday with family.

they were both vaccinated but not boosted. He works at a school were masks are optional. I was feeling crappy yesterday and went home sick. Still not feeling great. Do I panic? Do I do the in home test? Or can it be the crazy up and down weather we are having. It was 17 this morning, Friday is going to be 51! 

I don't wish Amy to get super sick. I don't wish anyone to. I don't want to be a victim of karma! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So now Amy has Covid, too. Hope Daxxxy doesn't get it. 

She's blaming the airline.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CX4BHahJVqr/?utm_medium=copy_link

The flight where they had to be masked from airport to airport, but not any of the places where they’ve run around unmasked (including Atlanta). 🙄 I mean, yes, they could have gotten it from the plane, but Amy doesn’t strike me as the most diligent when it comes to Covid guidelines. 

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh wow. I didn't know that could happen, back to back.

I have no idea if that’s possible, and a little too late on Amy’s part to be extra cautious. That was her explanation 🤷‍♀️. They are fortunate to have Deanna willing and able to take care of Dax. This is why we are not traveling. My bio mother keeps reminding me she is 82 years old and that is the age when Mami (her mother who is my real mother) passed away. I’m not about to endanger SGirl by flying now, FaceTime will have to do.

• Love 9

From the comments on her twitter she is talking about WOACB Katie. I thought she "learned her lesson" a couple of months ago. Not sure what event caused this tweet, she refers to some live event.  

She she can call me whatever she would like . She’s not someone I want to be associated with. I should have done my research before I ever went live with her. I had no idea.

I get she isn’t religious but you can still be kind. I just can’t associate myself and will not have someone spread lies without calling them out. I told her a long time ago- this situation hurts and to keep my name off her page please. Just no respect at all. So sad.

Amy, never learns. 

For context WOACB  has been posting nonstop on FB about IBLP, the Duggars and Bates, abuse, etc.  Wonder if she is trying to get noticed and get some air time on the documentary that is being made.

Edited by auntieminem
ETA
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5

One recent situation:  WOACB implied (maybe accused?  I try not to pay her too much attention) that Jessa abuses Ivy because Ivy had a small bruise on her face in a video.  From the screen shots I saw, it looked like  a typical kid-sized oopsie.  

• Love 3

Oh the drama. KJ just posted a long statement to Amy on FB.   I won't copy it here but it rambles on, basically saying that Amy is getting threats from Duggar lovers/KJ haters so she has to distance herself and she understands, etc. 

My feelings about Amy are neutral. I don't think she is a bad person but she likes attention too much and brings so much un-needed drama to herself. She has been a good support to Jill but she needs to stop with the attention whoring that brings her the drama she says she doesn't want. Has she really learned this time?  Probably not, but fingers crossed. 

• Love 12

Didn't Amy have an (possibly drunken) epiphany discovering her purpose in life is to become a child advocate of some sort?

I'm fairly certain posting vague judgmental thoughts on SM isn't part of the duties.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

this seems the silly issue per reddit

"KJ posted a photo of the Duggar family a few days ago that included Deanna Duggar (Amy’s mom). The caption of the photo was about the abuse that children and woman are subjected to in the Fundamentalist world. I believe that Amy is interpreting that post as Katie Joy accusing Deanna of abuse."

• Useful 6

I just took a gander at KJ's Instagram, and I can see why Amy is upset.  KJ is sloppy and used a random picture of the Duggar family to accompany her post about abuses in fundie families.   The picture in question has Deanna in a prominent position.  

• Useful 3

Ah okay so technically KJ can pull the "I never said anything about Deanna," even if the implication was there. 

Can't say I feel too sorry for Amy, though. She's the one who has repeatedly cultivated this connection and then keeps wondering why she gets bit. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, Zella said:

Ah okay so technically KJ can pull the "I never said anything about Deanna," even if the implication was there. 

Can't say I feel too sorry for Amy, though. She's the one who has repeatedly cultivated this connection and then keeps wondering why she gets bit. 

I was thinking the same thing.” Oh those tangled webs we weave when at first we do deceive!”

• Love 5

To be fair, I follow WOACB pretty regularly and she hasn't talked about Deanna. And while she could have done a better job of selecting a picture of the Duggars to make her point, the picture that she did choose does not scream "Deanna is the main focus in the picture" even if she was positioned in front. I mean, I didn't notice it until it was pointed out. WOACB is a lot of things, but I think Amy is jumping to conclusions here. And of course her senses are going to be heightened where her mother is concerned.

I think that Amy tends to be very cryptic as to what she talks about with her extended family, perhaps out of necessity (i.e., the NDA) but I also think she is feeling the wrath of Boob these days as well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

To be fair, I follow WOACB pretty regularly and she hasn't talked about Deanna. And while she could have done a better job of selecting a picture of the Duggars to make her point, the picture that she did choose does not scream "Deanna is the main focus in the picture" even if she was positioned in front. I mean, I didn't notice it until it was pointed out. WOACB is a lot of things, but I think Amy is jumping to conclusions here. And of course her senses are going to be heightened where her mother is concerned.

I think that Amy tends to be very cryptic as to what she talks about with her extended family, perhaps out of necessity (i.e., the NDA) but I also think she is feeling the wrath of Boob these days as well. 

What can Boob do to Amy now? 

• Love 6

I honestly think Amy greatly exaggerates her feud with Jim Bob. I don't doubt that they dislike each other intensely now, but I also think she's lying about the NDA and I'm also pretty sure that any leverage he had on her terminated with her grandma's death. I am sure things got nasty when they were settling his mother's estate, but Amy never owns her own role in stirring the shit. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I honestly think Amy greatly exaggerates her feud with Jim Bob. I don't doubt that they dislike each other intensely now, but I also think she's lying about the NDA and I'm also pretty sure that any leverage he had on her terminated with her grandma's death. I am sure things got nasty when they were settling his mother's estate, but Amy never owns her own role in stirring the shit. 

Agree. But I think its mostly Amy's doing. I think she follows the majority opinion of her followers and adjusts her story accordingly.

Grandma died 6/19 and Amy attended Michelle's birthday party at the TTH, 9/19. Amy tried telling everyone their estrangement started after Scandals 1 & 2. Those were in 2015. And here's a pic of Deanna celebrating Christmas at the Duggars in what appears to be 2018.

image.png.c21a5b2f3523a652fb7468bbde32cd51.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Amy needs to just take a long break and act as if Katie Joy doesn't exist .  When I first saw the post Amy made about WOACB, I thought it was about this crazy post KJ made on FB where she was talking about all kinds of crazy unrelated stuff. At one point she was going on about Mary's death and the rumors and suspicions since the death happened so close to when the raid happened and who really found her, etc. though she says she is not implying anything.  Of course some of her followers (she has some nutty ones) started talking how suspicious it all was as if someone in the family had something to hide about the death. Amy will never learn as she is too anxious to be noticed. Between the two of them it is hard to tell what the actual truth is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Zella said:

I actually think any power Boob has over Amy increased since Mary's death. Mary was clearly fond of Amy, and the potential wrath of Mary may have been what kept Boob from doing anything like threatening to sue Amy and what not. No longer a factor now that Mary has passed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I actually think any power Boob has over Amy increased since Mary's death. Mary was clearly fond of Amy, and the potential wrath of Mary may have been what kept Boob from doing anything like threatening to sue Amy and what not. No longer a factor now that Mary has passed.

I always hoped that Boob and Deanna were co-executors of Mary's estate. Otherwise, what was stopping Boob from keeping everything himself?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm pretty sure the proverbial gloves came off when Mary was no longer around to be an incentive for them to get along. But I don't see Amy as some innocent victim in all this. In fact, I think she and her uncle have similar personalities, and she starts as much shit as is thrown back at her. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Agree. But I think its mostly Amy's doing. I think she follows the majority opinion of her followers and adjusts her story accordingly.

Grandma died 6/19 and Amy attended Michelle's birthday party at the TTH, 9/19. Amy tried telling everyone their estrangement started after Scandals 1 & 2. Those were in 2015. And here's a pic of Deanna celebrating Christmas at the Duggars in what appears to be 2018.

image.png.c21a5b2f3523a652fb7468bbde32cd51.png

Look at John David and Abby.  Now they’re happy!!

3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Sue her on what grounds, specifically? She has a right to speak out about anything she wants, as long as it’s true.

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

BUT PEOPLE WILL FORGET HER. ZZ subcategory 3 fame is the most fleeting of all!

That’s true of every single one of them.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2