Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, lascuba said:

Is anyone actually asking Amy why she didn't do anything when Josh abused his sisters, or is she simply inserting herself for the likes again?

Because she's always full of whichever shit

Thank you! I don't see any comments judging Amy or asking why she didn't do anything. Why would there be? She was the same age as Josh at the time. I also agree Amy's story seems to shift depending on whichever angle she's going for. Whenever they showed pictures of the older Duggar kids in their childhoods, Amy was in a lot of them. I don't buy that Boob and Michelle banned her from the house. I remember Joy and the Howlers used to rush to hug her when she came through the door, so she certainly wasn't a stranger. 

I didn't have an issue with Amy making a statement when Josh was arrested to condemn his actions, but constantly bringing up her cousins' abuse is hurtful. It's not her story to tell. 

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I didn't have an issue with Amy making a statement when Josh was arrested to condemn his actions, but constantly bringing up her cousins' abuse is hurtful. It's not her story to tell. 

Exactly! If she had just said something when he was first arrested, I wouldn't have batted an eye. But she continues to act like she is the biggest victim of this story. She is not. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Amy's one of those people, who after the word hi, says, well if you have to know and then starts gossiping. Meanwhile the other person is looking around to find the one who has to know.

Amy is a victim of one person - Amy.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

It seems Amy's house did actually sell nov 18th. for $350,000 and to a non duggar entity. Since they owed about $70,000 in back taxes, that seem to have been paid off by the title co on the 18th, they still got some money out of the place.

Also dillon and Amy have had 3 llcs - the clothing shop, the financial group and the media group, all revoked or non current in the moment

• Useful 15
On 11/26/2021 at 12:45 AM, lascuba said:

Is anyone actually asking Amy why she didn't do anything when Josh abused his sisters, or is she simply inserting herself for the likes again?

I've definitely seen people arguing on Reddit that she knew and hung out with the family for the fame in spite of Josh. Maybe not lately, but it comes up on and off over the years, and she may encounter gossip about it locally as well. 

I think this is a case where two things are true: Amy wants to insert herself into everything, AND Amy has gotten shit/continues to get shit for the ways she's tried to sponge off her uncle's fame with people saying she's just as bad for actively ignoring Josh, because there's definitely a thread of misogyny in a lot of these discussions where anyone female who "should have known" is somehow held more responsible. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Remember, Amy was trying to have a country music singing career...any port in a storm for her. The show was exposure for her. 

I always thought TLC did her kind of dirty regarding the country music thing.  I know those eposides were "special"  in that she was the main one featured, but the edits were really not in her favor and tended to accentuate her laziness memorizing lyrics and the poorly styled music video.  It was almost like they set her up to fail.  In no way am I saying that I think she should have "made it" as a country singer, but had she had the riht support, she could have definitely gone much further than she did.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

I always thought TLC did her kind of dirty regarding the country music thing.  I know those eposides were "special"  in that she was the main one featured, but the edits were really not in her favor and tended to accentuate her laziness memorizing lyrics and the poorly styled music video.  It was almost like they set her up to fail.  In no way am I saying that I think she should have "made it" as a country singer, but had she had the riht support, she could have definitely gone much further than she did.

I somehow got the impression that Grandma, Deanna and Amy kept pitching the idea to TLC. TLC said no, because Amy can't sing, and then they finally agreed, knowing it wouldn't go anywhere, but would bring in some views.

I don't know why I think this, so I may have made it up.

• Love 10

Wow, Amy is really going for the scorched-earth version of justice for her cuz.   

Being older than Josh, you'd think she'd be grateful she was out of his target age range back then, but she seems oddly needy of attention these days relating to the trial. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Being older than Josh, you'd think she'd be grateful she was out of his target age range back then, but she seems oddly needy of attention these days relating to the trial. 

I think "Needyforattention" is Amy's actual middle name.

Like a few years ago when she was apparently billing herself to the media as "the rebel Duggar," clearly implying that she was the next thing to an actual JB and M child...and yet was extraordinary in being the only one who'd "rebelled." 

Meanwhile, the truth seems to be that she wasn't really ever treated like a member of the JB and M household. And she definitely never lived under JB-and-M-type rules, so there was no way she'd ever "rebelled" against them.

But she wanted the attention, and it kind of worked. That's her only criterion for things she says, as far as I can tell. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

Shaping up to be one awkward Christmas dinner at the TTH if Deanna and Amy are invited.

It appears that Boob and Deanna no longer speak. They never seemed close, but it seems like all pretense of a relationship fell away with Mary's passing.

• Useful 7
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Ordinarily I don't object to people speaking out and arguing for victim rights. In this case though it does seem that Amy is using the case for attention on social media. Just something about it reads wrong to me - over the top perhaps. Maybe if it was an op-ed piece instead of 20,000 instastories. I'm sure she's passionate about protecting Jill and others in this world, but there's a selfish note that makes it all uncomfortable.

• Love 13

I haven’t really kept up with the Duggar’s for years and just got sucked back in because of all the Josh stuff… didn’t they adopt a kid? Like a nephew or something? I feel sorry for him, being brought into this mess. Kid went through getting taken away from his mom, now he’s seeing the shitshow going on in the family that took him in. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

I haven’t really kept up with the Duggar’s for years and just got sucked back in because of all the Josh stuff… didn’t they adopt a kid? Like a nephew or something? I feel sorry for him, being brought into this mess. Kid went through getting taken away from his mom, now he’s seeing the shitshow going on in the family that took him in. 

I wonder what the kids at the Big House have been told about why their brother no longer comes around. I'm sure Mack has told Jordyn and Josie that Daddy doesn't live with them. What does she know? 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder what the kids at the Big House have been told about why their brother no longer comes around. I'm sure Mack has told Jordyn and Josie that Daddy doesn't live with them. What does she know? 

"Daddy won't be living at home for a while because the heathens are persecuting him."

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She’s a girl so she doesn’t need to know anything. I’m sure Anna has some phoney excuse or story about Daddy living somewhere else for some vague reason. Mack probably remembers when Smuggar went off to Jesus Jail and she must know you never question anything, so she’s keeping quiet.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

She’s a girl so she doesn’t need to know anything. I’m sure Anna has some phoney excuse or story about Daddy living somewhere else for some vague reason. Mack probably remembers when Smuggar went off to Jesus Jail and she must know you never question anything, so she’s keeping quiet.

But what does she say when Josie asks where her brother is? Kids do talk. 

• Love 5

I'm sure they have a blanket story. Something like, some folks think daddy/brother did something wrong. Until its all straightened out he needs to stay with the Rebers. Then they can just keep saying it isn't straightened out yet. Or mommy's helping Daddy straighten out the mess today.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure they have a blanket story. Something like, some folks think daddy/brother did something wrong. Until its all straightened out he needs to stay with the Rebers. Then they can just keep saying it isn't straightened out yet. Or mommy's helping Daddy straighten out the mess today.

I doubt they're even that specific.  I expect that they've told the kids something along the lines that Josh is doing some work with Mr Reber and he is so busy and there is so much work, that he hasn't been able to come and visit.  Anna is now helping him get his work done so he can come home soon.

I think they are totally whitewashing the situation for the kids.  Maybe they're telling them that Josh is fighting Satan and against evil; but I don't think the notion that Josh might've done something bad himself has entered the conversation with the kids.

• Love 11

My bet is any questions beyond the first initial 'where is daddy/brother' is met with some version of 'You've already been told where he is so don't ask again' which will be backed up by threats of punishment.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

I doubt they're even that specific.  I expect that they've told the kids something along the lines that Josh is doing some work with Mr Reber and he is so busy and there is so much work, that he hasn't been able to come and visit.  Anna is now helping him get his work done so he can come home soon.

I think they are totally whitewashing the situation for the kids.  Maybe they're telling them that Josh is fighting Satan and against evil; but I don't think the notion that Josh might've done something bad himself has entered the conversation with the kids.

I wonder what Mack, who's 12 now, thinks about Mama getting all dolled up each morning to go out all day without the baby. She's old enough to start questioning stuff. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder what Mack, who's 12 now, thinks about Mama getting all dolled up each morning to go out all day without the baby. She's old enough to start questioning stuff. 

Is she even allowed to question stuff?

• Love 2

One of my students” father is in jail. He’s been told by his mother that his father is under quarantine for covid. I wonder if Mack has heard a similar story. 

I read some of the details in the Sun article. That bastard is sick! If I were Anna I’d be questioning every time I’d left my kids alone with that disgusting animal of a father. How can she love someone like that, much less ever trust him?

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

I don't know if Anna loves or trusts him, but she's been told her whole life that if she doesn't stick by him forever, she'll go to Hell.

She needs to see she IS in hell. 

• Love 24

Amy posted a late night chat session on IG...I am not techy so can't link it...but if you want you can head to her page and have a looky loo.....she wants so bad to talk...SO BAD...

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I dunno. Imagine the damage she could inflict if she wasn't bound. She'd probably be at the trial giving snarky updates from her car during the breaks. 

I don't know. The more she talks, the more convinced I am that she doesn't actually know anything. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
33 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't know. The more she talks, the more convinced I am that she doesn't actually know anything. 

I agree. Amy wasn't raised in the IBLP cult, she claims she didn't know about the molestations and according to her, she wasn't allowed to spend much time at the TTH. So what could she possibly reveal? Boob does shady financial stuff? We know that. He told Deanna a sanitized version of Joshley's activities? Not a surprise either. The family wasn't as perfect and happy as they appeared on tv? Yeah, no shit. There's nothing she can gossip about that hasn't already been assumed. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14

She might know a lot. She is friends with Jill who knows a lot. Plus it is crazy how many family secrets you can know even if they don't involve you. My parents came from big families and so there were lots of stories on both sides. None about me, I am boring. Families are messy. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

She might know a lot. She is friends with Jill who knows a lot. Plus it is crazy how many family secrets you can know even if they don't involve you. My parents came from big families and so there were lots of stories on both sides. None about me, I am boring. Families are messy. 

I tend toward this opinion. I think Amy knows more than we might think. And yes, I bet Jill spilled some tea once she and Derelict were ostracized from the TTH.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

I think Amy may have one secret about the Duggars. Maybe something about JB's behaviors in his teen years, or something totally different (pure speculation). It seems she, and Deanna, are itching to tell something. But I don't think she has this wealth of info that she leads everyone to believe. There are so many rumors and gossip about the Duggars now, it would have been pretty easy for Amy to leak any important info without getting caught - unless its a specific secret.

Amy, much like her cousin-in-law Derick, throws things out on SM when they're pissed, only to have to dial it back later, because the facts are already out there. Like Amy's most recent one - We only filmed with the Duggars because we didn't know about Josh. Oops, except for when Deanna filmed with the Duggars three years after Scandals 1 & 2.

But if Amy has some unknown dirt on the Duggars, I'll happily be wrong.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Amy may have one secret about the Duggars. Maybe something about JB's behaviors in his teen years, or something totally different (pure speculation). It seems she, and Deanna, are itching to tell something. But I don't think she has this wealth of info that she leads everyone to believe. There are so many rumors and gossip about the Duggars now, it would have been pretty easy for Amy to leak any important info without getting caught - unless its a specific secret.

Amy, much like her cousin-in-law Derick, throws things out on SM when they're pissed, only to have to dial it back later, because the facts are already out there. Like Amy's most recent one - We only filmed with the Duggars because we didn't know about Josh. Oops, except for when Deanna filmed with the Duggars three years after Scandals 1 & 2.

But if Amy has some unknown dirt on the Duggars, I'll happily be wrong.

Yeah she basically reminds me of one of those people who boast all the time about their combat experiences before being outed as someone who never served. The more they say about it, the more what they say just seems implausible because the self-aggrandizing tone doesn't match what they're claiming.

The sheer amount of chatter without anything substantive behind it--and the shifting narratives--just leads me to believe that she isn't sitting on all that much and never has been. She was desperate to be seen as a Duggar when it was advantageous to her and is now running from that when it is advantageous to do so, and her bullshit spews forth accordingly. 

I don't doubt that she is genuinely disgusted by Josh and his actions. But she still has to make it all about her. Famy gonna Famy, I guess. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, Zella said:

then she truly is a Duggar..... the more they talk, the more I am convinced none of them know anything about pretty much everything.

• LOL 13
10 hours ago, auntieminem said:

This is a good point. I happen to know that some of my young adult cousins’ biological parentage is not what they think it is. I barely know them or their parents… but sometimes secrets slide around in unexpected ways. As long as there’s any family connection, there’s a chance of knowing where the bodies are buried. 

• Love 10

Famy is so desperate to stay relevant.  I'm sure she has a few interesting facts the public is not aware of, but is most likely keeping it all under wraps until the jury reaches a verdict.   Hell, she could write her own version of a tell-all and make a few bucks, but I doubt much will be revealed beyond what we already know now.  She needs to go back to her Chinese-import fast fashion business and disappear into the Arkansas abyss.

• Love 9