Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

She posted today that she’s closing the store and expanding online - that’s the promised big news

🥱 like anyone cares

5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Don’t the clothes all come from the same cheap place?

I’ve asked repeatedly on IG if their clothes are made in the good old US of A (aka ‘merica) with no response. I’ll take that as a clear answer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 4/29/2022 at 7:09 PM, awaken said:

🥱 like anyone cares

I’ve asked repeatedly on IG if their clothes are made in the good old US of A (aka ‘merica) with no response. I’ll take that as a clear answer. 

I think we'd be hard pressed to find any clothing made in the US.  I love my Ll Bean and Lands's End clothes; they last a dozen years and all come from China or Vietnam.  So do clothes from Nordstrom.

There's good stuff from China made to strict brand specifications, and then there is all that small importer crap made out of cheap see through fabric and 4 sizes too small!

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, louannems said:

I think we'd be hard pressed to find any clothing made in the US.  I love my Ll Bean and Lands's End clothes; they last a dozen years and all come from China or Vietnam.  So do clothes from Nordstrom.

There's good stuff from China made to strict brand specifications, and then there is all that small importer crap made out of cheap see through fabric and 4 sizes too small!

Witness LuLaRot and their weird sizing.

• LOL 5
On 5/3/2022 at 4:16 PM, BigBingerBro said:

dz7fuooibbx81.jpg

How nice of Deena to help her grandson learn to swim. But did Amy get her permission to post that shot? My mom would be mortified if I put her cleavage on the internet- not saying there's anything wrong with Deena's swimsuit, but the angle is "saucy"! And I don't think Deena intended for that look she's focused on the baby (its all on the angle).

• Love 15
On 5/5/2022 at 11:05 AM, louannems said:

I very recently tossed a shirt of my mother's that was from Lands' End.  She wore it for 40 years, and it finally wore out.  She still has a couple more in her closet that are the same age.  I guess their clothing does last a long time.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I very recently tossed a shirt of my mother's that was from Lands' End.  She wore it for 40 years, and it finally wore out.  She still has a couple more in her closet that are the same age.  I guess their clothing does last a long time.

I've been happy with my Land's End purchases.  They've been of good quality.  They have good sales, too.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've been happy with my Land's End purchases.  They've been of good quality.  They have good sales, too.

I get my winter coats from Land’s End. They are great ~ they last a long time!

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I get my winter coats from Land’s End. They are great ~ they last a long time!

Mine is 17 years and counting!  I did recently put a new pull on the zipper.

• Love 3

Jana, Jason, James, and JB are at the wedding. Given the limited number of invitations that is a healthy Duggar presence (adding JD, Abbie, and Michelle).

• Useful 4

Did y'all see Amy's IG story? While she's tweeting with one hand she's talking about crying all morning and being at a loss for words in her IG stories, with her other hand. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did y'all see Amy's IG story? While she's tweeting with one hand she's talking about crying all morning and being at a loss for words in her IG stories, with her other hand. 

Yes, I unfortunately saw that. She's really pathetic.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, I unfortunately saw that. She's really pathetic.

And so you saw she finished the story with a robovac meme. She must be so crushed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I Googled conservative public interest law and followed a couple of links. One link was to a "think tank". I clicked on a lengthy article about ivermectin. An interesting article, supposedly filled with only facts - no slant - I beg to differ.

Hopefully Derick will be of service to folks who think like him and not interfering with folks who don't.

• Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I Googled conservative public interest law and followed a couple of links. One link was to a "think tank". I clicked on a lengthy article about ivermectin. An interesting article, supposedly filled with only facts - no slant - I beg to differ.

Hopefully Derick will be of service to folks who think like him and not interfering with folks who don't.

Jill hashtagged public service, not public interest. Not that she couldn’t be incorrect of course. It’s a hashtag! 🤣😂 #whoknows

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2

Well, the grandson is graduating college in June and is accepted to law school.  His interest is "social justice" which even in a different state maybe his career path will be so much the opposite of Derick it will be a bigger help to society than Derick is a detriment.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Well, the grandson is graduating college in June and is accepted to law school.  His interest is "social justice" which even in a different state maybe his career path will be so much the opposite of Derick it will be a bigger help to society than Derick is a detriment.

How wonderful! I’m what they call a social justice warrior, too, and proud of it. Congratulations to him.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I hope she does write one. Won’t make any difference but fuck Josh.

Amy has said Josh never touched her. Amy has said she knew nothing until the trial. What could she possibly tell the judge that didn't come out in court? That Josh scared her with a giant clown? 🤡

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Amy has said Josh never touched her. Amy has said she knew nothing until the trial. What could she possibly tell the judge that didn't come out in court? That Josh scared her with a giant clown? 🤡

Lol. Just that someone in his life who’s  related to him is willing to unequivocally call Josh out and condemn him? IDK.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 4

Wasn't there a deadline for both sides to file things that has come and gone anyway? I don't think the very well-qualified prosecutors need this dumbass's help. LMAO I also can't imagine how cringe-inducing her letter would be. When I took a nonfiction creative writing class in college, we were supposed to write about an interview with another person for an assignment, and one of my classmates who was super self-absorbed somehow manage to make his interview with his brother all about him. I can totally see Amy's letter about Josh being all about her. 

• Love 19
25 minutes ago, Zella said:

Wasn't there a deadline for both sides to file things that has come and gone anyway? I don't think the very well-qualified prosecutors need this dumbass's help. LMAO I also can't imagine how cringe-inducing her letter would be. When I took a nonfiction creative writing class in college, we were supposed to write about an interview with another person for an assignment, and one of my classmates who was super self-absorbed somehow manage to make his interview with his brother all about him. I can totally see Amy's letter about Josh being all about her. 

The 11th was the deadline to submit memos for sentencing. Famy needs to get off her high horse. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Anna has no means to support herself/kids if she leaves. I think she is going to be fine living off Boob and no Josh to pester her. Anna might just be finally happy. And of course she has help from the lost girls/Jana.

Amy really needs to be quiet and stop posting about the Duggar’s. I doubt she has even seen them since grandma Mary died. Amy needs to find a hobby or something. Obviously by now she is not welcome to the Duggar compound.

Maybe she should move to Oklahoma and live next door to Jill ! 

• Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Dear Amy,

If you want to get a private message to Anna, I'm sure you know her address. Posting it on social media is unnecessary as hell and a real bitch move. 

But of course you don't care if Anna ever sees that. It was your cute way of sharing your opinion with your tens of adoring followers.

I think you should grow up.

Sincerely,

Jeeves

I think Amy has some great points and that her feelings are real and sincere, but I agree with you. Why communicate like this on social media instead of contacting Anna privately? But I also have this question every single time people publicly post their happy birthday, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc messages publicly on SM. Why???? in many cases, the supposed recipient of these messages doesn’t even use SM, so it’s nothing more than performative attention seeking.  

But Amy is right about Anna’s kids finding out about what Josh did someday. And when they do, it’s going to be doubly heartbreaking to realize that their mother did nothing to try and protect them. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 20
(edited)

I'm sure Anna blocked Famy after being tagged and possibly reading the first few sentences of this missive. She's blocked people for less.

eta She's blocked, or at minimum, Anna is not following her.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

How would Amy feel if someone wrote her a letter on SM calling her out on all her shit?

I know what she would think - she would call them bullies and trolls, like with the meme she posted. Please note Amy's son's name is Daxton and her pinned Tweet is: 

image.png.99e92745e94f3068ba0f56e3e260f18e.png

image.png.059e3d97624c1b10e284b90cab5121a9.png

• LOL 18
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How would Amy feel if someone wrote her a letter on SM calling her out on all her shit?

I know what she would think - she would call them bullies and trolls, like with the meme she posted. Please note Amy's son's name is Daxton and her pinned Tweet is: 

image.png.99e92745e94f3068ba0f56e3e260f18e.png

image.png.059e3d97624c1b10e284b90cab5121a9.png

Lol. I’d add having the American flag on their bios, too. And probably some pictures of themselves with guns. But yeah, Amy does not see the irony here.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 10
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Lol. I’d add having the American flag on their bios, too. And probably some pictures of themselves with guns. But yeah, Amy does not see the irony here.

Amy is the embodiment of obtuse. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

But Amy is right about Anna’s kids finding out about what Josh did someday. And when they do, it’s going to be doubly heartbreaking to realize that their mother did nothing to try and protect them. 

I have the terrible feeling that no matter what Anna's children read or hear about their father's crimes someday, they won't believe a word of it. By then, the idea that "your daddy is an innocent man who was persecuted by our enemies for his Christian faith" will have been so thoroughly pounded into their heads by their mother and grandparents that they will never be able to accept the truth. The Duggars will make sure of that by keeping them even more isolated and dependent on their family (and more frightened and distrustful of "outsiders") than any of their cousins.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I have the terrible feeling that no matter what Anna's children read or hear about their father's crimes someday, they won't believe a word of it. By then, the idea that "your daddy is an innocent man who was persecuted by our enemies for his Christian faith" will have been so thoroughly pounded into their heads by their mother and grandparents that they will never be able to accept the truth. The Duggars will make sure of that by keeping them even more isolated and dependent on their family (and more frightened and distrustful of "outsiders") than any of their cousins.

That's a very strong possibility. Just like Anna, they were born into this cult and will continue to be brainwashed as they grow up.

1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

That could be true. It's also possible that they know better than anyone else what kind of person he is. Some (or all) of them may be in denial, like Anna, but they've been around him all their lives, and they must see that he's different. I think it's more likely that the the youngest ones will grow up with folk-stories and hero-worship from Anna, and will buy into the idea that he was persecuted, but the older ones might have doubts.

I dislike all of the Duggars and Duggar-adjacents, but none of them is as overtly disrespectful to their wives as Josh. Despite what J'chelle and Anna wrote in their letters, Josh doesn't seem like a particularly hands-on dad, either (perhaps a poor choice of words, here).

• Useful 3

Amy has no dog in this fight. She's a cousin/niece. JB owes Amy nothing. JB owes Deanna nothing. When it benefitted her, Amy was all about being a Duggar, so much so she kept the Duggar name on SM long after she was married. Now, when its not cool to be a Duggar and even better yet, cool to be a Duggar hater, she's all about the hate.

Amy just needs to go about her own life and if she really wants distance from the Duggars, she need not mention them again. But she won't do that because she wants the attention the Duggar name gives her.

Quoting @GeeGolly from the Josh thread above. 

I slightly disagree with this- Amy is allowed to have an opinion, because she’s a human being with the cognitive ability to have an opinion, and she has an actual history of interaction with JB/Josh etc. it’s not as if these are people she’s biologically related to but has barely interacted with. Being a cousin/niece doesn’t mean people aren’t allowed to have feelings (as someone who is a cousin/niece I admit I’m a bit sensitive to this). 

Amy will always be a Duggar because she was born one, JB can’t just kick her out of her own family. And she has every right to be horrified that her cousin was found guilty of these awful crimes, but my big issue with Amy is that these open letters just aren’t the place for it. 

I really think that Josh’s conviction has given Deena and Amy more ammunition to fire at JB for his lies and coverups of things that have nothing to do with Josh- again, this isn’t the place for it. Talk to each other or a therapist. 

I do think Deena is happy her Mom is gone and she doesn’t have to pretend with JB any more. And she probably has to make peace with how she took lies at face value because it was “easy”- even though she didn’t think Josh was THIS scummy. I contend- Deena knew something, Amy maybe not until 2015. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Quoting @GeeGolly from the Josh thread above. 

I slightly disagree with this- Amy is allowed to have an opinion, because she’s a human being with the cognitive ability to have an opinion, and she has an actual history of interaction with JB/Josh etc. it’s not as if these are people she’s biologically related to but has barely interacted with. Being a cousin/niece doesn’t mean people aren’t allowed to have feelings (as someone who is a cousin/niece I admit I’m a bit sensitive to this). 

Amy will always be a Duggar because she was born one, JB can’t just kick her out of her own family. And she has every right to be horrified that her cousin was found guilty of these awful crimes, but my big issue with Amy is that these open letters just aren’t the place for it. 

I really think that Josh’s conviction has given Deena and Amy more ammunition to fire at JB for his lies and coverups of things that have nothing to do with Josh- again, this isn’t the place for it. Talk to each other or a therapist. 

I do think Deena is happy her Mom is gone and she doesn’t have to pretend with JB any more. And she probably has to make peace with how she took lies at face value because it was “easy”- even though she didn’t think Josh was THIS scummy. I contend- Deena knew something, Amy maybe not until 2015. 

I agree - everyone is entitled to their opinion, but its not about Amy. Even if her feelings are somehow hurt, its still not about Amy. And Amy's opinion matters not one wee bit, to anyone but Amy.

JB can certainly 'kick Amy out' of his family. And Amy can certainly cut ties on her own.

Amy needs to check in with Jill about boundaries.

I agree Deanna is happy that her mom doesn't have to live through the horror of knowing her grandson was worse than everyone thought.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree - everyone is entitled to their opinion, but its not about Amy. Even if her feelings are somehow hurt, its still not about Amy. And Amy's opinion matters not one wee bit, to anyone but Amy.

JB can certainly 'kick Amy out' of his family. And Amy can certainly cut ties on her own.

Amy needs to check in with Jill about boundaries.

I agree Deanna is happy that her mom doesn't have to live through the horror of knowing her grandson was worse than everyone thought.

Nope- Josh’s conviction isn’t about Amy AT ALL we agree!

(the Bolding is mine) Amy would do so much better checking in with Jill about boundaries, but because Amy is a famewhore it’s amount attention not you know, the substance. 

I think Amy and Deena gave JB far too much power over them- in pursuit of MONEY and because of not wanting to ruffle feathers with Mary (who Amy absolutely adored, that was genuine). Mary is gone- money is not an excuse to put up with people like that (and again your true colors show). 

Amy has a right to a relationship with whichever family members she wants (like Jill) and she knows JB can’t do Jackshit about it, so take the high road and be a better person. Again if you want to vent, your MOM or a THERAPIST not the world. 

• Love 10