Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

I am not into weed, so I don't know the ins and outs of what it takes to get one of the medical marijuana cards here. But I've dealt with people at the library who are trying to get a card and are trying to print things, and it seems like a fair amount of jumping through hoops is required, at least for the people I was helping. Though I've not actually helped anyone with that in the past year or so. Maybe they got their system worked out. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

I have many clients that have cards. Its pretty straight forward around here. They only need to bring documentation of a chronic condition that could be helped by pot, do a one hour intake with the Doc and they are approved for the card.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I have many clients that have cards. Its pretty straight forward around here. They only need to bring documentation of a chronic condition that could be helped by pot, do a one hour intake with the Doc and they are approved for the card.

Yeah and to be fair, a lot of times the people we are helping in the library really struggle with using technology and/or following bureaucratic processes, so the folks I was dealing with may have been a fairly small group relative to everyone else who got a card easily. I just remember all the bitching about it while I was trying to figure out what we needed to print. LOL

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
21 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Famy knows what she's doing.   Let's see how long it takes for InTouch or Daily Mail to post a story about how she keeps edibles in her fridge.

Always desperate to stay relevant and in media is Famy

It’s the Duggar gene.

• LOL 5

Amy hasn’t deleted comments, but she has now limited them. There’s only about 40. 

She chose to use her stories to address the haters who said there aren’t any carrots in the refrigerator. I guess that was important to her. 🤦‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ They were in the drawer he had his foot on.

Screenshot from the video:

C0786973-8565-4B85-9C14-F59793AF8FC1.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 5

I assumed that they had to be there.  Amy might be a fame whore, but I doubt she is one of those people who torture children by getting them to go looking for a snack that isn't actually there.  Also, if they were in the bottom drawer then maybe she didn't intend for him to go ninja warrior on the fridge and found it funny.  

Private Insta accounts are a thing Amy, look into it.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Why is that child still in a diaper? No pants either? It is disgusting for someone to "climb in" the refrigerator like that IMO. I'm sure the bottom of his feet were filthy; walking around the house barefoot; then all those germs go in the fridge? Sorry, if I ever did anything like that when I was little, I would have had the "whooping of my life". Yes, things were different back in the '50s - early '60s, I know.... How could Amy think this was 'ok' for her son to do? That diaper looked like it needed to be changed a few hours ago.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Why is that child still in a diaper?

Amy is potty-training on Duggar time.  I remember when I saw Jessa's kids in diapers past the age one would have expected them to be, I thought it was due to her being too lazy to make the effort.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't get the posting cycle for the Amy/Duggar/Bates/Rodruigues type of influencer wanna be.

Step 1- Post picture of child doing something obviously unsafe or misbehaving with some kind of "Kids, amIright?" caption.

Step 2 Never, ever check pic for anything in the background which is illegal/unsafe/unhygenic/inappropriate (edibles, lack of seatbelts, diaper mountain, a funeral service)

Step 3: Duke it out with the haterz. This may include justifying, arguing, insulting or blocking. Never, ever, acknowledge that no, not all kids climb (leaning tower of chairs/refrigerators/historic sites) and those that do are usually grabbed by a parent before they hurt themselves, not captured for the 'gram. 

Step 4: Make a new passive aggressive post about how you are refusing to be cowed by said haterz. Strongly imply that critical comments are caused by insufficient belief or belief in incorrect Jeesauce.  Announce sorrowful departure from social media.

Step 5: Same day but via different platform or after pause of less than a week, post new "cute" pictures of Mama's little money maker and the cycle begins again. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think the carrots might be behind him in the drawer. Old eyes, I could be mistaken. 👀 

B62056FA-0FDC-40AD-BC5C-2750FFB31CE5.jpeg

I am beyond grossed out by the bare feet and what looks like a very wet diaper IN A FRIDGE!  Where you keep food.  That you fully intend to eat.

That being said, he and our neighbor’s son could be twins.

• Like 4
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

I am beyond grossed out by the bare feet and what looks like a very wet diaper IN A FRIDGE!  Where you keep food.  That you fully intend to eat.

That being said, he and our neighbor’s son could be twins.

So disgusting. But Famy lives like a pig, so this isn't surprising.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Can't for Famy? Wth autocorrect????
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

I'm tired of kids in the refrigerator.  It is not cute, it is not funny.  It is dangerous and dirty.  This is why I won't go to pot-lucks.  I never know what goes on around the food, or how clean the kitchen is.  I hope Daxxy doesn't try this maneuver when he is alone.  A refrigerator is not playground equipment.

Edited by CalicoKitty
typo
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13

It used to be that two was the usual toilet training age, but it's moved on to 2 1/2 to 3.  Grandson was holding out until he was told he couldn't move up with his friends to the next room.  He trained in two days.  Mostly they need motivation.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 8/12/2022 at 3:57 PM, floridamom said:

Why is that child still in a diaper? No pants either? It is disgusting for someone to "climb in" the refrigerator like that IMO. I'm sure the bottom of his feet were filthy; walking around the house barefoot; then all those germs go in the fridge? Sorry, if I ever did anything like that when I was little, I would have had the "whooping of my life". Yes, things were different back in the '50s - early '60s, I know.... How could Amy think this was 'ok' for her son to do? That diaper looked like it needed to be changed a few hours ago.

It's a good thing social media wasn't around when my youngest was Dax's age. He was showing signs of ADHD when he was two and was always into and/or on every cupboard and shelf he could climb. He also wasn't fully toilet trained until he was almost 4. He developed a rash from the pull-ups and I told him he could either use the toilet or use diapers. He opted for the toilet. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Nysha said:

It's a good thing social media wasn't around when my youngest was Dax's age. He was showing signs of ADHD when he was two and was always into and/or on every cupboard and shelf he could climb. He also wasn't fully toilet trained until he was almost 4. He developed a rash from the pull-ups and I told him he could either use the toilet or use diapers. He opted for the toilet. 

Even if it had been around, I doubt you would’ve chosen to film your child doing these things and shared them with millions of strangers. 

• Like 2
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Even if it had been around, I doubt you would’ve chosen to film your child doing these things and shared them with millions of strangers. 

Nor do I think any mother would suggest the 3 year old climb in the fridge.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
On 8/14/2022 at 8:08 AM, Cinnabon said:

No, I would not have filmed it & if I took pictures it would have been shown to close family only. Nor would I ever suggest one of my kids, at any age, climb into the fridge so I could take pictures to show the world how smart my kid is.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

In the video his cut doesn't look bad and he liked it.  Bobye Holt commented on the post. I guess the Holts are still ok with JB's sister and niece, just not him.  

Amy also had a story saying their friend who was in the hospital with COVID had passed.  I would hope this would make her rethink her stance on the vaccine.  Probably not. 

• Sad 8
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

In the video his cut doesn't look bad and he liked it.  Bobye Holt commented on the post. I guess the Holts are still ok with JB's sister and niece, just not him.  

Amy also had a story saying their friend who was in the hospital with COVID had passed.  I would hope this would make her rethink her stance on the vaccine.  Probably not. 

How old was the friend?

3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Amy inviting folks to follow her on TikTok where she'll discuss life, marriage and boundaries?

Isn’t she the first person that comes to mind to seek such advice/information?

🤣😂👀

• LOL 21

Ok, I'm feeling out of touch here. From context, I'm assuming that "edibles" is a term for cannabis products taken orally? It took me the longest time to work out what the problem was with "edibles" being in the fridge, because as far as I knew, pretty much everything in there was edible! 🤪

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 18
On 8/13/2022 at 1:23 PM, Absolom said:

It used to be that two was the usual toilet training age, but it's moved on to 2 1/2 to 3.  Grandson was holding out until he was told he couldn't move up with his friends to the next room.  He trained in two days.  Mostly they need motivation.  

My son was 3 and a half. It took time but once trained he had no accidents. I didn't mind. We worked at it but I didn't pressure him and one day it clicked. 

Considering my friend was working on her daughter at 1 and a half and told me stories of her peeing on furniture... no thanks! 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Ok, I'm feeling out of touch here. From context, I'm assuming that "edibles" is a term for cannabis products taken orally? It took me the longest time to work out what the problem was with "edibles" being in the fridge, because as far as I knew, pretty much everything in there was edible! 🤪

Yes, edibles are cannabus products added to food items and sold as such- i.e. gummies, brownies, rice crispy treats etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Well I will say this: Amy's profile description did make me laugh, just not the way she intended.  And from what she said in response to the refrigerator post, it is clear she wanted people to see and talk about the edibles.  

• Love 3
On 8/22/2022 at 7:52 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Yes, edibles are cannabus products added to food items and sold as such- i.e. gummies, brownies, rice crispy treats etc.

And they have improved significantly over the years!  Had some peanut butter cups not too long ago. Tasted just like Reeses.  And 'sour patch kids' type.  My husband tried a grape soda.  He loved it.  HA!  We have come a long way baby!  If you have never been in a dispensary, take a look.  They are amazing!  Last time I was there I was the youngest person in there. By a lot. I am in my 50's.  

Having edibles is the most interesting thing about Amy.  

• Like 5
  • Love 5

WOACB says that Johanna has been courting a 20-year old guy named Carver Bowers.  I had read that somewhere else a couple of weeks ago.  She's 16, soon to turn 17, and he's soon to turn 21.  Bowers' brother contacted WOACB denying it.  So who knows.  

• Sad 7

Is he the older guy who's been mentioned before in relation to one of the girls? I feel like we had another denial along similar lines a few months ago, maybe a year ago, but I can't figure out if it involves the same Duggar girl and guy. 

41 minutes ago, Zella said:

Is he the older guy who's been mentioned before in relation to one of the girls? I feel like we had another denial along similar lines a few months ago, maybe a year ago, but I can't figure out if it involves the same Duggar girl and guy. 

Same guy. He's denied this relationship many times over the past year or so.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Carver Bowers is now a musician in the Freedom Show at the fundie theater in Branson. the one JB bought.  I see Carver as a Lawson Bates type who won't be in a hurry to marry.

He did say again recently he and Hannie were just "good friends", had he said "best friends" engagement would be imminent..

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Carver Bowers is now a musician in the Freedom Show at the fundie theater in Branson. the one JB bought.  I see Carver as a Lawson Bates type who won't be in a hurry to marry.

He did say again recently he and Hannie were just "good friends", had he said "best friends" engagement would be imminent..

I forgot all about the JB Fundie theater! So it’s up and running? 
The Hannie and Carver friendship could be like Joy and Austin where sometime next year they will be best friends and married 6 months later. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I forgot all about the JB Fundie theater! So it’s up and running? 
The Hannie and Carver friendship could be like Joy and Austin where sometime next year they will be best friends and married 6 months later. 

I believe they are in what they call Phase 1, which is the Freedom Show on weekends, and asking for 5 million in donations to complete the rest of the nonsense. Carver Bowers has posted about being part of the Freedom Show fairly often since he was hired a few months ago.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

I believe they are in what they call Phase 1, which is the Freedom Show on weekends, and asking for 5 million in donations to complete the rest of the nonsense. Carver Bowers has posted about being part of the Freedom Show fairly often since he was hired a few months ago.

🤔🤯🤣😢🙃🤬

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4

I checked their website,  https://www.freedomjourneyshow.com/, and there are morning and afternoon shows Thurs-Sat. with the only evening shows on 11/10 and 11/11.  I guess that's in celebration of Veteran's Day.

I'm planning my first trip to Missouri in a few weeks, but Branson is not on my list.  I've centered it on Kansas City as I've always wanted to see a game at Kauffman Stadium, sample the BBQ, check out the Negro Leagues Museum, and also visit Independence and Hannibal.

I wonder if the situation with Johannah and Carver will mean a courtship, subsequent engagement at age 17 and marriage at 18.  Poor girl.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 4