Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Carver Bowers is now a musician in the Freedom Show at the fundie theater in Branson. the one JB bought.  I see Carver as a Lawson Bates type who won't be in a hurry to marry.

He did say again recently he and Hannie were just "good friends", had he said "best friends" engagement would be imminent..

I shudder at the mention of the word “freedom” from their ilk. Freedom to take away others’ rights! Yay!

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What a bitch. Anna will never see this, yet it likely hurts every Duggar cousin. And boy, if I needed a wake up call, a bitchy tweet is just the thing that would do it.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Amy is truly an awful person. She just keeps pouring salt in the wound. 

Is Amy talking about herself or her own husband? if not she needs to be quiet. Or gossip in her OWN house, with her mom, husband or therapist.

I have cut Amy some slack over a few things, because I thought she was truthful and genuine her opinions (like in her love of Grandma Mary and her support of Jill). BUT that ended a long time ago. SHUSH Amy.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5

Any time she starts giving advice to Anna (which Anna will never read), all I can think is "Bitch, please, your husband threw your cat during an argument, and you are still married to the psycho too. Shut the fuck up and sit down." 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 6

How did Amy feel that would be helpful? I had the misfortune of being married to a narcissist once upon a time. It would have been completely humiliating to me to be put on blast on SM, on top of what I was already enduring with him. 

We all know Anna isn't going anywhere, but for the sake of argument suppose she did leave Joshy. Then I suppose Amy would be crowing from the rooftops that it was due to her and her wise advice. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Zella said:

Any time she starts giving advice to Anna (which Anna will never read), all I can think is "Bitch, please, your husband threw your cat during an argument, and you are still married to the psycho too. Shut the fuck up and sit down." 

I didnt know about this. 

Have you heard the phrase "Hit dogs bark loudest?"

Why is Amy still harping on this? Again, is she talking about herself or her own husband? (even unconsciously)

• Like 5
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I didnt know about this. 

Have you heard the phrase "Hit dogs bark loudest?"

Why is Amy still harping on this? Again, is she talking about herself or her own husband? (even unconsciously)

Yes it apparently came up on some marriage reality show she appeared on with her psycho husband.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Amy seems to be in possession of Derick's SM playbook. I wonder if she'll threaten promise to write a tell-all next.

Honestly I'm surprised she's not threatened it yet. LOL Not only is she a famewhore, but she's just not very good at it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
20 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Her most recent post pats herself on the back for being a whistleblower. Really Famy? 🙄

"Whistleblower?!" Bitch, please. I've yet to learn any new information from Amy.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Is it possible that given the Duggar scandal, the Lost Girls won't be the coveted prizes that their older sisters seemed to be?  Will other Fundie families still be itching to attach their sons to the Duggar name by marrying into this family?  Is JB too exhausted to play matchmaker now?  If so, perhaps the Lost Girls will be able to escape and lead somewhat normal lives without having to hitch themselves to the first guy that passes Daddy's written exam, and they won't be pumping out their first child before they're old enough to legally drink.....wishful thinking, maybe?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Is it possible that given the Duggar scandal, the Lost Girls won't be the coveted prizes that their older sisters seemed to be?  Will other Fundie families still be itching to attach their sons to the Duggar name by marrying into this family?  Is JB too exhausted to play matchmaker now?  If so, perhaps the Lost Girls will be able to escape and lead somewhat normal lives without having to hitch themselves to the first guy that passes Daddy's written exam, and they won't be pumping out their first child before they're old enough to legally drink.....wishful thinking, maybe?

I think Johannah will follow in her sisters' footsteps and marry young. She seems like Joy's mini-me, and I think just like Joy looked up to the older four and wanted to be accepted into their group, Johannah will want to be an "adult" as quickly as possible, which in their world means married with babies. 

The younger three are wild cards. Jenni in particular has looked over the fundie life since she was a toddler, and if anyone gets out I hope it's her. Jordyn seems to enjoy things that would actually make her a good future help-meet (sewing and baking in addition to babies), and I could see her pursuing marriage as a way to escape the TTH but actually enjoying the homemaker lifestyle and being better at it than her older sisters. Of course I'd much rather see her escape with Jenni and enjoy her youth doing the things she loves for herself rather than a husband and babies. Josie has been the perpetual baby, so I don't see her being pressured to marry young... but maybe she'll want out, too, (either through rebellion or marriage) rather than becoming the new Jana.

I mean, we've had high hopes for various young Duggars in the past, and so far no one has deviated from the script too much, so it wouldn't shock me if the lost girls follow suit. But I hope a few of them surprise us!

• Like 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Very beige clothes and grandpa shoes. I think spurgeon wears shoes like that.

I think those are boat shoes. If that is true it makes my talk with SGirl today much funnier.

15 hours ago, canaanite2 said:

Screenshot_20220916-194935_2.png.7a9e82477fea6a53a6d004169c558c4d.png

Famy's got Dax out here working for the gram

Salt and Pine, eh? Silly company name alert, to add to the "lemon and citrus" or whatever it was. Dumb and Dumber, Cherries and Pits, Famewhores and Sluts, you know the drill.

• LOL 19

Amy has been shopping a lot with Jill. She is watching Sam and Israel today while Derick and Jill are running errands. As I said in the Dillards' thread, Amy makes sure Dax has lots of fun and toys so it looks like the boys are having a blast plus they got to see a blimp and watch a big screen tv.  The Jill and Derick will have to step up their fun game. https://www.instagram.com/stories/amyrachelleking/2933912679726973281/

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’m always amazed at how many toys Amy buys in one shopping trip. And that is after raising two kids, and being told they had too many toys. They must have a heck of a lot storage at their house. 

20 minutes ago, SMama said:

I’m always amazed at how many toys Amy buys in one shopping trip. And that is after raising two kids, and being told they had too many toys. They must have a heck of a lot storage at their house. 

Does she buy them at consignment sales?  I have friends who buy tons of stuff at a big consignment sale near me and then sell them the next year (while buying a whole new haul).

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
37 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Does she buy them at consignment sales?  I have friends who buy tons of stuff at a big consignment sale near me and then sell them the next year (while buying a whole new haul).

She does shop consignment and second hand shops. But she purchases rather frequently. It’s not a yearly haul, more like a trimester haul. 

Edited by SMama
Typo

I want to know where the money is coming from. She spends like a drunken sailor. Famy's shop closed months ago, and her online shop followed suit, never going back online. 

Wellington's has several partners. It can't be doing *that* well, can it? 

Or is she spending Grandma Duggar's inheritance?

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

I can never figure out where any of these people are getting their money. 

They don't pay their rent?  About a month ago (link on the previous page in this topic), she and her husband were going to court on failure to pay 1000s for rent on their business properties.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 3

no idea if they pay their rent, doesn't deanna live with them? maybe she pays the rent.

I do know in the past they have been lax on paying their taxes and ran up a huge penalty that was paid off when they sold their house. Like more than $50,000 in back taxes and penalties.

Amy has mentioned dillon runs/owns 5 companies or some such. last time I looked it seemed most of his llcs were non current.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3

I wonder if it's the first time she's been left alone with any of her cousin's kids? 

Actually, I'm kind of surprised that there isn't more playdates where the cousins are dropped off with to play with their other cousins. My grandmother had 7 kids and they all lived within a couple of hundred miles of each other. As a kid we were always swapping cousins for a weekend or longer. The only time the cousins seem to get together is at the TTH or shopping.

• Love 5
On 9/24/2022 at 9:40 PM, FizzyPuff said:

3828554D-FCE1-4D13-8AF4-DD0DFA313F7B.thumb.jpeg.25b400f68e0e5dd81e99285d15acf52f.jpeg

B708F0A0-D579-4EE4-B7E9-5551CC05B367.thumb.jpeg.2a931b31bc11765427ab4b851e1a65b2.jpeg

7A55213E-6172-4EAA-9509-E5898F0C55D8.thumb.jpeg.ffdda4d035d8409aec561958a94bb279.jpeg

All I can think about from this picture is that Reddit thread about TVs that have been placed too high. They need to sacrifice that decorative mantle or bring it down a foot, so the television isn't overlapping with the trim. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

All I can think about from this picture is that Reddit thread about TVs that have been placed too high. They need to sacrifice that decorative mantle or bring it down a foot, so the television isn't overlapping with the trim. 

Yup. Remove the shelves in the built-in and put the TV in there. But the chimney/mantel, IMO is so ugly looking, they'd need a big mirror or art to hide it.

• Love 3