Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, queenanne said:

Not sure we ever saw this posted; I include for the baby-crazy amongst us like @farmgal4:

Dig that wee round head!

Sad to see Jill is more engaged with her nephew than her children. Have we ever seen a video like that with her sons? Please correct me if I’m wrong. I think I heard her ask if he was happy. It would be nice to know what the Dillards and step dad think of Jill.  I worked as a Forensic interviewer (max age 18 since I was CPS), but we would make exceptions for developmentally delayed individuals. 

Sorry, but Jill reminds me of those delayed, beautiful souls. Except Jill has a dark soul filled with Christian hate. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Eeeeew gross. Jill posted Anna's messipe for Chickenetti to the blog. She replaced the Rotel with green chilis, but the rest seems to be intact, including the requisite can of Cream of Chicken soup. 

Not linking so they don't get the hits. 

True story...I was scrolling on Instagram and saw pasta. I was like..."pasta recipe!!! Probably yummy!" Then I took a good look. It was shiny and soupy, and I thought, "did they cook these noodles wrong? Or is it some kind of sauce? But what kind of sauce is clear?" Then it hit me. Campbells soup. Looked at the poster. Jill! Face palm. 

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

True story...I was scrolling on Instagram and saw pasta. I was like..."pasta recipe!!! Probably yummy!" Then I took a good look. It was shiny and soupy, and I thought, "did they cook these noodles wrong? Or is it some kind of sauce? But what kind of sauce is clear?" Then it hit me. Campbells soup. Looked at the poster. Jill! Face palm. 

😂😂😂😂

You almost got sucked into the vortex! 

• Love 3

Jill has over 1.6 million followers.  She has people on Instagram praising her posts and telling her she should make of book of her recipes.  That they would buy it.  I don't hate Jill or any of the Duggars but this just makes me sad for so many reasons.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Sad to see Jill is more engaged with her nephew than her children. Have we ever seen a video like that with her sons? Please correct me if I’m wrong. I think I heard her ask if he was happy. It would be nice to know what the Dillards and step dad think of Jill.  I worked as a Forensic interviewer (max age 18 since I was CPS), but we would make exceptions for developmentally delayed individuals. 

Sorry, but Jill reminds me of those delayed, beautiful souls. Except Jill has a dark soul filled with Christian hate. 

The words "Christian hate" hurt my heart.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Steff said:

EXctlyAll her recipes are the same basic recipe.  Cream of chicken, shredded chicken & cheese of some form.  Would you like that mixture wrapped in a corn tortilla & covered in cheese?  Or in a flour tortilla covered in cheese?  For some variety, how about with tortillas cut up & mixed in covered in cheese?  A fancy meal will have added cream  of mushroom soup & layered the tortillas.  That extra 2 minutes of work is what makes it so special.  Tired of tortillas?  Let's mix it all up with some pasta.  Or maybe serve over pasta.  Or baked pasta and smothered in cheese.  Not in a pasta mood?  Then how about mixed with rice & smothered in cheese?  served over rice?   With Mexican rice & it's International night!!!!! Yay!  She might jazz it up even more with an onion, but don't hold your breath.  Rent week and can't afford a lot of groceries?  Then serve it on a slice of bread.  Got some time to kill?  Toast the bread!   and then smother it in cheese. 

On the days that something beige isn't for dinner, you can expect something very brown out of the crock pot. 

EXACTLY!!!!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, nightmeri said:

Why can’t she specifically praise Israel? Why is his cute little ornament and sweet effort relegated to “one of many”? You would think the first would get some special attention but he is not even named, just “a grandchild”. Or am I being overly sensitive?

I don't think you're being overly sensitive or reading too much into this at all. Cathy is as deep into the Fundie Kool-Aid as the Duggars; she just knows how to dress it up better for public consumption. Children are not individuals with distinct personalities and abilities. Children are cogs in the machinery, little future soldiers in God's army. All that matters is that they are obedient, always smiling and All Jesus, All The Time. 

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 22
7 hours ago, nightmeri said:

Why can’t she specifically praise Israel? Why is his cute little ornament and sweet effort relegated to “one of many”? You would think the first would get some special attention but he is not even named, just “a grandchild”. Or am I being overly sensitive?

It is odd, that she didn’t even mention Israel’s name. Someone asked in the comments on the post if Israel made it. She simply replied, yes.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, SMama said:

I was impressed that she used a wide range (for her) of actual words and seemed appropriately interactive with him. Of course she had to ruin it by throwing in a "are you happy?" in there, but otherwise she was a different person than we've seen in the videos with her own family.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick’s reply to a comment on the chicken Etti post:

047810A8-664C-498B-9726-EED944FE2AF0.jpeg

He really thinks highly of himself, doesn’t he?

I pictured chickenetti being like baked spaghetti with large bites of shredded chicken and lots of tomato sauce on top. Not my cup of tea, but whatevs. That slimy colorless pasta isn’t what I pictured. At all. Grossssssss.

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • Love 20
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Isn't this the same old shit he's been parroting forever whenever someone questions what they eat? He needs some new lines.

Oh, and Anna (whose recipe it is) stated that even her own kids refuse to eat that garbage.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

That's EXACTLY what I thought!!! He knows this food is shit, but can't publicly admit that, so he's being a passive aggressive jerk instead. I just despise him. Why can't he just privately encourage Jill to eat healthier, like Bin and Jeremy seem to do, without sinking to this new level of asshole?

I think it's like Jill with her Yays. Being an asshole (in order to make himself feel better) is all he's got, so he's going to cling to it for all it's worth.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, graefin said:

I think it's like Jill with her Yays. Being an asshole (in order to make himself feel better) is all he's got, so he's going to cling to it for all it's worth.

But supposedly, he's her "headship", so couldn't he just order her to learn (yeah right) to cook healthier or just not post this stuff?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gweilo said:

I have a feeling that posting these "recipes" and the resulting hits on their blog, is their main source of income. So he literally can't afford for her to stop.

Isn't it amazing that they're likely earning upwards of $1000/month (totally guessing; maybe someone who knows more about how this works can post more accurate figures) for Jill's mediocre (being generous here) attempts at food blogging? 

Then again, this is the family that has previously made millions just by broadcasting their prolific breeding to the world.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick is so stupid.  He thinks Velveeta has cheese in it.  It doesn't.  There is no cheese in this recipe, only 1 lb. of Velveeta.  Derick flunked the cheese test, so I'm not too hopeful about his success with law school exams.

He says, "You could eat this everyday!"  But they don't.  They go out to restaurants every chance they can because they really can't stand to eat Jill's preparations. Derick looks dangerously underweight.  This is not what he looked like before he married Jill.

• Love 12

" you could eat this everyday"

"...if you're hoping on dying at 35"

You could healthily eat a single bite of this every day, if you had to. I'm actively rooting for a Jinger cookbook. I'm sure her JingerSnap Cookies will be a better shade of brown, too.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Steff said:

ooooooh shots fired by Jinger!!!!!     She has pics up of her & her 170 lb talking asshole picking FRESH VEGGIES!  Her comment is about how great it is to get fresh veggies from a friends farm/garden.   Her Instastory has pics of roasted squash & sauted spinach.   GREEN FOOD THAT ISN'T GUACAMOLE!  Nothing from a can!  No cream of crap, no tortillas, no cheese!  

Is Jer behind this? He knows Jinger’s personality could carry this, plus she appears to know how to cook and present.

• Love 1
On 12/19/2018 at 4:36 PM, BitterApple said:

I made Pioneer Woman's version of Chicken-etti a while back. I found it incredibly bland. You really have to zhush it up with a lot of seasonings to get any flavor.

I find that’s the case with all Pioneer Woman recipes. I like well-seasoned food, and she doesn’t use much. Her chicken spaghetti is tasty, but you better season the chicken, season the waster to boil the chicken, boil the spaghetti in that same water and add some more seasoning once it’s all mixed. Garlic pepper and Zatarain’s garlic and herb seasoning do wonders.  It’s a good place to start once you learn how to tweak the seasoning.  

On 12/19/2018 at 5:17 PM, xwordfanatik said:

The above guy is on a Discovery-type channel Mr. Xword watches.  I always make fun of his hair.

Memes are fun.  I wonder if anyone sends them to the Dillweeds or any of the Duggars?  

No, Jill should never write a book of any kind.  

That’s  Giorgio Tsoukalos (sp?). He’s insane and I can just tell he’s saying “aliens”.

• Love 9