Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Some Fundies are very into the Jewish roots of Christianity. I think that secretly they prefer the angry, vengeful God of the Old Testament to the loving, merciful Jesus of the New Testament. They love restrictions and prohibitions like the Ten Commandments and the rules laid down in the Book of Leviticus and they get turned on by the idea of God raining terrible punishments down on offenders. They see the Jews of the Old Testament as far more righteous and worthy of admiration than the Jesus who inexplicably keeps loving and forgiving everybody.

I could easily see Derick falling into this mindset. Of course, if he and his fellow fanatics had any real understanding of Jewish theology, with its emphasis on peace and forgiveness, they wouldn’t be nearly as interested.

The fact that they named their son Israel attests to this.

• Love 16
15 hours ago, floridamom said:

Hey, I thought Jill grew up believing that a Christmas tree was pagan and not Christian. Her parents didn't allow a tree for this reason. Michelle herself stated this in an early episode of their show.

The Duggars have had Christmas trees.  They've been in videos posted online.

• Love 4

Little late to this, but had to comment on the video where Derick is 4 and it's 1993.

Although 4-year-old Derick and present day Izzy have similar voices, Izzy looks more like Jill than he does Derick. It's especially evident in the picture with the boys in front of the Christmas tree.

image.thumb.png.14e59be5ec632725b586812a8e2b634d.png

Here's a picture with the oldest four - although I can never remember which one is Jana and which one is Jill, I think Jill is on Michelle's lap.

I wasn't sure who Sam resembled, since I don't think he resembles Jill as much as Izzy does, but as I am looking at this picture, I am struck by the fact that he looks a lot like baby John David...

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Dullards visit Famy. I hope Izzy is chewing gum or bread. If that's a tooth, the kid's in trouble when his permanent teeth come in.

I'm going with gum, but his teeth are a mess. Someone in the comments asked Jill what was with Izzy's teeth. Her response was a thumbs up emoji...

• Love 5

What I don't understand about Jill's response to Josie's IG post is, what about it deserved a "yay!!"? There's nothing new or exciting that Josie was mentioning, it was literally Christmas wishes. A comment on how Josie's photo was cute, or they make an adorable couple, or that the sentiment was sweet, sure, but absolutely nothing deserved the "yay!!". 

Edited by McManda
lol, her name is Josie, not Hoodie
  • Love 19

Doesn't it get cold in Arkansas in the winter? I swear, no matter what winter month it is, Izzy and Sam never have coats on. Sammy's in his footie sleeper and is probably warmer than Izzy, but unless it's 60 degrees out, they should at least have a jacket on. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Apparently Amy wasn’t at the store when the Dillards visited. Her husband was, though.

0C7C11A2-6199-48C3-AED0-65CEA6CB46D4.jpeg

And let the pregnancy speculation begin...of course Amy would use twitter instead of a phone call to say she was sorry she wasn't there. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Izzy’s teeth don’t look great, but they aren’t his permanent teeth. He does have Jill’s annoying gummy smile though. 🦷 

That beard and shaggy hair are doing Derrick no favors. 

It looks to me like Izzy's bottom teeth are larger than his top teeth. That could be because his bottom teeth came in first, though.

• Love 1
On 12/23/2018 at 3:44 PM, Normades said:

You really nailed it with your post, but the one thing I would add is that snitchy little Jill is convinced she is the brightest and the best.  She is a pompous ass just like her dad and her husband.  She's convinced she does everything so perfectly, so why in the world would she need to grow or change?

Well, don't leave us hangin.  Is she happy?  If so, YAY!!

She licked my face after I asked her, so I’m going with Yes she is happy:).  Tomorrow is her rescuversary so we are having non beige foods for her.  Our diets begin on Han 2

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, dariafan said:

She licked my face after I asked her, so I’m going with Yes she is happy:).  Tomorrow is her rescuversary so we are having non beige foods for her.  Our diets begin on Han 2

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, Normades said:
You really nailed it with your post, but the one thing I would add is that snitchy little Jill is convinced she is the brightest and the best.  She is a pompous ass just like her dad and her husband.  She's convinced she does everything so perfectly, so why in the world would she need to grow or change?

Well, don't leave us hangin.  Is she happy?  If so, YAY!!

Then Dariafan said:
She licked my face after I asked her, so I’m going with Yes she is happy:).  Tomorrow is her rescuversary so we are having non beige foods for her.  Our diets begin on Han 2

------------------------------------

OK, this is weird.  Are we still talking about Jill here?  Because I'm not sure I want to know why she's licking your face, but thanks for rescuing her, I guess.

Edited by Zahdii
Spelling
  • Love 3
On 2018-12-23 at 3:35 PM, Christina87 said:

I wonder if PART of Jill's problem is that she expects to have a family of 10+, and doesn't want to change the way she cooks for a few years before having to go back to foods that feed a crowd. Maybe she doesn't want to learn how to prepare fresh veggies when she thinks she'll have to take them away in a few years, and she wants her kids to grow up eating the same kinds of things consistently (though idk why she'd want them eating this stuff). However, she might as well give it up and make better food, because somehow I just don't see her having a huge family 

That's just WAY too much thinking for little Jilly Muffin. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

But how would any of us know about the “#cousinlove”?

Not the hashtag to use in a family with a molestation scandal.

The sushi doesn’t look half bad. I can’t fault Jill for this one. Not that I’d eat her cooking, since I doubt the handles food correctly, but she tried. Now do a veggie roll, and do so eomething with cooked meat.

Derick just needs to admit he hates his kids already, get some therapy, and try to be a decent father. You signed on for this life marrying into this clan, asshole. Reap what you sow. And show use those law school grades...

• Love 20
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Not the hashtag to use in a family with a molestation scandal.

The sushi doesn’t look half bad. I can’t fault Jill for this one. Not that I’d eat her cooking, since I doubt the handles food correctly, but she tried. Now do a veggie roll, and do so eomething with cooked meat.

Derick just needs to admit he hates his kids already, get some therapy, and try to be a decent father. You signed on for this life marrying into this clan, asshole. Reap what you sow. And show use those law school grades...

The sushi is the best looking thing that Jill has made. Maybe part of her problem with her other dishes (not the entire problem) is that they involved cooking or baking.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It looks to me like Izzy's bottom teeth are larger than his top teeth. That could be because his bottom teeth came in first, though.

Poor Izzy looks like he’s inherited his dad’s jacked-up mouth.  I predict that Izzy will be going through the same oral surgery that Dickwad had, unless they can enlarge the palate with a newer, non-surgical method.  That poor child; as if he didn’t have enough problems already. 😢

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Poor Izzy looks like he’s inherited his dad’s jacked-up mouth.  I predict that Izzy will be going through the same oral surgery that Dickwad had, unless they can enlarge the palate with a newer, non-surgical method.  That poor child; as if he didn’t have enough problems already. 😢

My younger son wore a palate expander as a young teen before he got braces. We had to turn the expander crank once a week, if I remember correctly. It wasn't fun for us and caused him some discomfort. However, it worked and the experience was eventually forgotten. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

My younger son wore a palate expander as a young teen before he got braces. We had to turn the expander crank once a week, if I remember correctly. It wasn't fun for us and caused him some discomfort. However, it worked and the experience was eventually forgotten. 

I had to wear one before braces as well and I had to crank it daily.  I hated it and still remember it.  The worse part for me was the fact that if I ate bread, it would get stuck between the expander and the roof of my mouth.  But I will say I still get compliments on my smile so it was worth it. 

Hopefully Jill and Derick will keep an eye on Izzy and get treatment earlier than what Derick did and follow the doctor's directions. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

Hopefully Jill and Derick will keep an eye on Izzy and get treatment earlier than what Derick did and follow the doctor's directions. 

I only see three things in that hope that are unlikely to happen: paying attention to Izzy as anything other than a Jesus-bot, thinking about things enough to get treatment rather than wait and pray (it's not like he's a girl where his countenance is the money-maker), and having the presence of mind to follow doctor's instructions rather than assume they can "do things a little differently." But I share your hope.

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I had to wear one before braces as well and I had to crank it daily.  I hated it and still remember it.  The worse part for me was the fact that if I ate bread, it would get stuck between the expander and the roof of my mouth.  But I will say I still get compliments on my smile so it was worth it. 

I admire your optimism, Lisa4.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@JoanArc & @madpsych78 homemade sushi is a skill, getting the rolls to stay together is something I have not mastered. I’m proud of Jill!

It is indeed a skill. The toughest part for me is closing up the roll, I tend to include too much rice!

4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

What exactly was Derick's problem though? I realize his palate used to be narrower and was probably too narrow then, but did that significantly affect his ability to function? What prompted the decision to do this in the first place?