Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The actual sushi is Jill's favorite food color, but overall it's actually a nice pic.  Jinger vs Jill - who will win?

data=UCAjNKo5z_N2tBhgHIgofhU3sy-MG06KmgW

I would never have figured out that the cutting board was the map of Arkansas. Good catch.

• Love 10

That looks pretty revolting to me -- significantly less revolting than Jill's usual fare, but pretty bad.

You know what does look nice? How about separating the sushi rolls, so that we can see the colors and patterns? Maybe they could be arranged nicely on a plate with some dipping sauce and the chopsticks?

You know what it would really take to make them look better? Trying -- even a little bit.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, bythelake said:

I would never have figured out that the cutting board was the map of Arkansas. Good catch.

State shaped cutting boards are pretty popular around me, but I live in a pretty recognizable state. I never understood the appeal when your state is basically a square or a rectangle.

They're also usually used as serving boards because just if the time they're too small or weirdly shaped to do any real meal prep on.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Derick won't bother because it's woman's work and he probably can't even make himself a sandwich.

I'm sorry, I became twelve. To the prayer closet...Blame Meechelle

Edited by Catlyn
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Jinger entered the Wife Wars and blew both of them out of the water (in some respects) by snagging a college educated, professional athlete who claimed to have given it all up to become a minister, and then Jinger not only moved away from the family, she thrived.  She even seemed pleased to not become pregnant within weeks of her wedding, and when she finally had a baby she did it in a hospital.

And she had the coveted girl while Jill had two boys who will never help her with the housework.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Steff said:

I'm not buying that Jill made it.  If she had, she would have put it on her Instagram just to silence her critics.  If she made it with him, she would have bragged about #BestHubbyEver.  Even without a "recipe", she would have shown it off.    I'd bet that DereDick made it & is trying to take some of the criticism off poor wittle Jilly Muffin.    I have my doubts that she is capable of straight up lying about something (misleading, yes) but no doubt that DereDick would absolutely lie about something like this. 

Made, bought at the grocery store, same thing, right? 

If she had just made it and sliced it, would she have washed the knife before taking the pic? Especially doubtful given Jill's other cooking pics. 

• Love 9

Derrick has a video of Jill making the sushi. Izzy is nowhere to be seen.  He also says that they put up their Christmas tree today sonI guess their “dates” were more important than a tree for their kids. And they definitely don’t do Santa because he mentions having all the gifts out today. 

• Love 4
On 12/22/2018 at 6:39 PM, Fostersmom said:

I don't make home made soup, but it seems to me this recipe is lacking things. No spices, salt, or something to balance all the acid from the tomatoes and lime juice? At least it's not beige for a change, but this sounds like little more than tomato juice. 

A packet of taco seasoning would do wonders for this recipe, and it’s simple enough that even Jill can manage it. 😎

Edited by farmgal4
Added something.
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Does one whip up sushi? 🤔 Seems like it would need some planning. Dude definitely feels threatened. Regardless of whether Jinger did take a shot at them, Derick, with his gigantic chip on his shoulder, is sure to interpret it as such.

Thank you. Nobody just "whips up" sushi, not even a sushi chef. It just sounds wrong, like whipping up French macarons or Beef Wellington. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

Derrick has a video of Jill making the sushi. Izzy is nowhere to be seen.  He also says that they put up their Christmas tree today sonI guess their “dates” were more important than a tree for their kids. And they definitely don’t do Santa because he mentions having all the gifts out today. 

We didn’t really do Santa, and we still put our gifts out after the kids go to bed on Christmas Eve (and I have two teenagers, so it’s not like we’re fooling anyone).  We also put out milk and cookies for Santa. There’s just something about those traditions that I want my kids to remember when they move out. Sure, at least 3 out of the 4 know that the cookies are going to go back in the cookie jar (or my husband will eat them), but they still look forward to it every night. Derick and Jill suck if they aren’t letting their kids experience that.  Childhood is short enough as it is. If you don’t want to “do Santa”, then don’t, but don’t try to kill all of the magic of Christmas. 

And, if they can keep booth boys out of wrapped gifts, then they must have their spirits seriously broken, cause I don’t know a toddler in the WORLD who would be able to let easy to tear, crinkly paper alone. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, bythelake said:

Hee! A friend gave me one of the state where I am originally from which is a very recognizable state (Michigan). I live in Chicago since I graduated college, so if someone gave me one of Illinois it probably would take them a second to figure it out as well.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

And, if they can keep booth boys out of wrapped gifts, then they must have their spirits seriously broken, cause I don’t know a toddler in the WORLD who would be able to let easy to tear, crinkly paper alone. 

Not my toddlers. They were all over their birthday presents in April. No way I could keep them from ripping open packages. Even my 8 year old would pick gifts up and shake them to see if he could figure out what's in them. 

And my MIL gave is a cutting board in the shape of Texas when we got married. Even more awkward to work on than the Arkansas one. 

6 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I live in Chicago since I graduated college, so if someone gave me one of Illinois it probably would take them a second to figure it out as well.

We lived in Plainfield for a while.  But Michigan is an easy shape to remember. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What is Mr Cathy holding? A flask? Hand soap? Sanitizer? I hope for his sake it's a flask.

It’s an apple sauce squeeze packet. All the snack rage with the pre-school set.  No doubt he wishes it were Jaegermeister.

• Love 21

I may be completely wrong, but I don't think Mr Bynum wants to be part of this dog and pony show. If that's the case and he's asked not to be shown, this isn't okay. It's fine to laugh among themselves about "that adorable rascal," Izzy, but it's not okay to post the pictures.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

They were taken by Izzy. The text explains it. It's actually relatively cute.

I’m actually impressed that they found this funny. I would have expected a punishment for Izzy for getting the phone without permission. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, irisheyes said:

We didn’t really do Santa, and we still put our gifts out after the kids go to bed on Christmas Eve (and I have two teenagers, so it’s not like we’re fooling anyone).  We also put out milk and cookies for Santa. There’s just something about those traditions that I want my kids to remember when they move out. Sure, at least 3 out of the 4 know that the cookies are going to go back in the cookie jar (or my husband will eat them), but they still look forward to it every night. Derick and Jill suck if they aren’t letting their kids experience that.  Childhood is short enough as it is. If you don’t want to “do Santa”, then don’t, but don’t try to kill all of the magic of Christmas. 

Our kid got a kick out of the milk & cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer, even after she knew the truth. dh would chomp away most of the carrots, messy reindeer fashion, for verisimilitude.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Catfin said:

It’s an apple sauce squeeze packet. All the snack rage with the pre-school set.  No doubt he wishes it were Jaegermeister.

I wish I had Jaegermeister while looking at those pictures and I'm not even there.

51 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Does he realize Jesus could not have actually been born in December?

That requires critical thinking skills. He clearly doesn't have those based on his tweet on how Jesus loved everyone because Derick sure as hell doesn't.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I have seen so many facebook posts in the past month about how "Jesus' birthday is the reason for Christmas, not Santa and presents! Share if you agree!", that I think there's a huge amount of people out there that really believe Jesus was born on December 25th. In Derrick's case though, regardless of what he believes, he can't miss a chance to make himself feel more holy than all the heathens out there.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, awaken said:

Hahahaha!  Derick, following Christ’s example of loving everyone?  Crazy talk!  

I can't stop laughing at that one. Oh, Derick! That was a good one! Next your going to say Jill is following Julia Child's example of cooking. 

• Love 16
On 12/23/2018 at 7:25 PM, McManda said:

State shaped cutting boards are pretty popular around me, but I live in a pretty recognizable state. I never understood the appeal when your state is basically a square or a rectangle.

They're also usually used as serving boards because just if the time they're too small or weirdly shaped to do any real meal prep on.

The poor people in Rhode Island; the only thing they can fit on their states board is one olive at a time.  OK, just kidding but couldn't resist.

I'm not completely obsessively germ phobic but I'm definitely not a fan of wooden cutting boards unless they're used for basic things like breads, maybe some cheeses.  Hopefully they just arranged the finished sushi on there; I'd never cut up the raw fish for it on a wooden board, same with raw meat, especially chicken......the chances of the juices soaking into the wood and not being able to clean the board properly just gives me the shivers.  That said I don't believe for a minute that Jill made that sushi.  I'm not even sure I believe Derrick made it vs they bought it and "made" it by artfully arranging it with some side veggies.  Also made from scratch or bought already done that stuff is, for the most part, expensive!

8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CB69C6AE-CE6E-4652-9D43-D22DD5C16055.jpeg

I very, very, very much want to skip over to Twitter and ask Derick if his sentiment includes loving Jazz Jennings.  I'm sure if I did he'd probably fall back on the well used "love the sinner hate the sin" response right before blocking me.  The hypocrisy and lip service is strong with this one.  (Would Derick get the Star Wars reference or take that as a compliment I wonder?)

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I'd never cut up the raw fish for it on a wooden board, same with raw meat, especially chicken......the chances of the juices soaking into the wood and not being able to clean the board properly just gives me the shivers. 

I've always read that plastic cutting boards are the hardest to clean properly, because the nicks from your knife are where the germs are. The more scarred your plastic cutting board is the harder it is to sanitize, and you're supposed to chuck it, which is wasteful and can be expensive.

The harder the material of the board the harder it is on your knives, too.

I don't really practice what I preach, though. I have two cutting board (and none state shaped!) - a plastic one for raw meat and a wooden one for everything else, basically.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Even more relevant: does Derick realize that loving one another includes LGBTQ people, Muslims and liberals?  That loving others means accepting them as they are and not constantly lecturing them and forcing his own beliefs on them?

• Love 22
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video 

Cute.  Too bad he's now too damned holy to allow his own children to visit Santa. 

And while I'm snarking: Jill, why did you cut off the video when Dericks younger brother was up?  Even if he was too excited to talk, I'm sure that would have been fun to watch, too.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

I don't know that I agree with this.  Most people "know" that Jesus wasn't born on December 25th, but because that's the day we've universally agreed to celebrate his birth, we treat it as his birthday.   We could have chosen any day, and it wouldn't change anything except maybe the type of decorations used.  Imagine an April 25th celebration of Jesus's birthday--it would be all pastels and baby animals and spring flowers.  I don't know if I'm making myself clear here.  Whatever date was arbitrarily chosen to commemorate Jesus's birth, his birth would be the reason for the season.   

Thank you for saying this better than I would have.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

10 hours ago, kalamac said:

I have seen so many facebook posts in the past month about how "Jesus' birthday is the reason for Christmas, not Santa and presents! Share if you agree!", that I think there's a huge amount of people out there that really believe Jesus was born on December 25th. In Derrick's case though, regardless of what he believes, he can't miss a chance to make himself feel more holy than all the heathens out there.

3 hours ago, magpye29 said:

I don't know that I agree with this.  Most people "know" that Jesus wasn't born on December 25th, but because that's the day we've universally agreed to celebrate his birth, we treat it as his birthday.   We could have chosen any day, and it wouldn't change anything except maybe the type of decorations used.  Imagine an April 25th celebration of Jesus's birthday--it would be all pastels and baby animals and spring flowers.  I don't know if I'm making myself clear here.  Whatever date was arbitrarily chosen to commemorate Jesus's birth, his birth would be the reason for the season.   

I agree with magpye. Believe me, I know a LOT of really dumb evangelicals, but I doubt many (if any) of them think Dec. 25 is Jesus's sho-nuff birthday.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, magpye29 said:

I agree sooooo much!!! I also hate, HATE with a passion when people nastily snipe, "Christmas has NOTHING to do with Jesus, you idiot!!! It's a pagan / whatever other religion they can think of / etc holiday!!!"

This drives me crazy, because even if the early church leaders had not chosen December 25 to line up with festivals the people already had, they would have celebrated Christmas at some point in the year. It likely wouldn't be the big spectacle it was today, but it would still be a church holiday. It might be on the scale of something like Pentecost, but it would still be a holiday. The fact that we have the wreaths, snowflakes, and poinsettias is an added bonus, but it's not the holiday itself. 

I just wish people would chill. I remember learning in high school about how leaders converted others to Christianity by scheduling Christmas and Easter during major festivals, and I thought, "cool! What a bright idea!" People all over the world have converted others over the centuries, and as long as these people converted willingly, who cares? It's just a piece of trivia that shouldn't be so offensive. I hate how one side gets in your face and screams about how Christmas isn't about Jesus, thinking you'll be utterly defeated as you sink into a well of tears, while the other side (like Derick) absolutely insists on being ignorant, and eschewing anything secular like Santa. Why can't we all just enjoy the holiday however we see fit? /rant

• Love 23