Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I've put food coloring in the bath water when my kids were preschoolers and we were working on their color recognition. They thought it was magic.

Haha. I used to do that with their scrambled eggs!  

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

It has to be Derick because he's a "former" reality star!

Yeah, I thought it was Derick too. He's also the only one of the three that was touted as a youth pastor (Jeremy is a pastor of an entire church, adults and children), and we all have seen Derick presenting those Powerpoints to those preschoolers. 

• Love 12

It may well be about Derick and still not fully true.  Derick didn't lose a job as youth pastor because he was never hired by the church.  He was doing an internship that he was paying the church to do.  He wasn't hired by the church at the end of the internship as it seemed he may have expected.  It also seems that part of the way through the year, he was told he didn't have much talent in the area or the rumor is true and he was found to have issues with his style.  That's when he suddenly showed interest in law school. 

• Love 20

Is she also sorting laundry at the same time? She's a stay-at-home mom with two kids. What makes her life so busy that she needs to do this level of multitasking? Or did she drag the laundry basket in there so they would have something to dry off with and put on after they get out of the tub?

Once again, Jill's post leaves more questions than it does answers.

• Love 16

Jumped into this thread and you all had me craving kraft Mac and cheese and then I went to slimey chicken in a can photo hell and I may never be able to eat again.  On the plus side, thanks for helping me find a way to stick to my diet.  Just going to picture that chicken every time I try to eat.  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Wouldn't bath time be a good time to interact with your children (and make sure your baby doesn't drown) rather than read???

That was also my first thought. Sam and Izzy are small and we all know it doesn't take much for little kids to drown or inhale water. Shouldn't she be monitoring that? Surely she doesn't expect the two boys to bathe themselves properly on their own or wash their own hair.

• Love 5

I think the blind item refers to Derick, although I think he's been asked to leave his many ministries because he's not good at them rather than because he's behaved inappropriately.

• Love 16

I found Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life through Google, which is a Christian based book.

But yikes, if the description and the reviews are accurate and Jill understands what she's reading, she may fall apart or wake-up. However Jill most likely will project the content of the book on others and not internalize any of it.

• Love 15

I'm looking forward to her next recipe of slop. What might it be, do you think? She could learn how to boil an egg and turn this into a homefooling experience. Hey look, if you boil an egg for half an hour you get concrete!

I'm feeling rather ragey today and perhaps because I am struggling and dealing with my own childhood issues, I feel more grumpy than usual, but poor Israel. That child tries so damn hard to get his dickhead parents' attention and fails miserably. He will grow up believing he isn't worthy of love and attention and his fucking useless parents will stand by and scratch their heads in wonder.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

I think the blind item refers to Derick, although I think he's been asked to leave his many ministries because he's not good at them rather than because he's behaved inappropriately.

That's what I think as well. Derick is an ass, but there's nothing about him that strikes me as pervy. 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's what I think as well. Derick is an ass, but there's nothing about him that strikes me as pervy. 

I would believe such a think about Derrick (or Jeremy) before I would about Ben. Derrick has such entitlement and rage issues, I can see him taking that out on others. He also seems resentful of young unattached people I can see him preying on single women.

Ben seems to be TRYING to lead a Christ like life (at least compared to his brothers in law), I don’t think he’d hurt anyone. Of course I wasn’t there and could be wrong. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

I feel more grumpy than usual, but poor Israel. That child tries so damn hard to get his dickhead parents' attention and fails miserably. He will grow up believing he isn't worthy of love and attention and his fucking useless parents will stand by and scratch their heads in wonder.

No, they'll smugly congratulate themselves on a job well done.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Y'all know I don't love the Duggars and their ways, and Jill seems detached, but, when did it become a thing that parents had to engage every single waking moment with their children?  It happened somewhere along the way.  I didn't.  My daughter in law's mother didn't, my friends didn't.  Also, my parents didn't, at all.  It was go out and play, come back at dark, don't get in trouble.  Then when first grandson was born, it was all about him every minute of the day.  I loved doing that because, first time grandma, etc.  As did her mother.  We became good friends til she passed.  Anyway, does a mother have to be eye to eye hands on every waking moment?  My kids played around me.  I was there, physically, but, didn't sit on the floor and play with them all the time.  We went to the park and the other mothers and I visited and kids played.  we kept an eye out though.  Anyway, I am an old Fart so there ya go!

I agree, however with Jill it's seems beyond that.

What bothered me about the photo was Sammy facing away from his brother. My kids bathed together and they played with each other. Well unless they were fighting with each other.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm with you on this. Only problem, really, being her constant inability to reflect on how something she posts might be perceived. If she finds the book so good that she feels the need to share, do that. If she wants to post a picture of her kids enjoying their orange bathwater, compose a fun shot highlighting that. The two simply don't mix, and rather serve to bring more attention to her lack of interaction with her kids. 

I don't know why but I think he is trying to let us know that she is just one of us a regular mom who can do multiple things at once and has everything under control.

• Love 3

The bath photo is interesting. The kids are surrounded by toys and are playing. Sam has bubbles. There are letters of the alphabet on the wall. Jill is sitting next to the kids. She's reading a big book with lots of words. The basket shows that she does housework and also is positioned to cover Izzy. 

Methinks Jilly was stung by the recent recipe-gate criticism and is trying to thumb her nose piercing at her critics by showing what a great wife and mother she is. 

• Love 5

Dear Jill :

Thank you for posting all your recipes and your pictures of your recipes it shows me what food it's not supposed to look or taste like.

Thanks,

Boytron who knows how to cook.

Edited by Rabbittron
Forgot a sentence.
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

For Jill walking the dog with Dereck would be a date.  Oh good Dereck made some friends with married guys. I guess if you are single Dereck can’t be your friend.

Please please tell me they don’t have a dog.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Okay, I generally think Jill’s a pretty bad mom, but this is going a little far. She’s three feet away, and I doubt her book is so enthralling that one of the boys could drown without her noticing. Kids like to play in the bath. I put mine in, wash her hair and help her wash the rest of her body, and then let her play with her toys for ten minutes while I sit on the closed toilet and look at a magazine. I’m right there. She’s not going to be eaten by a dingo. Neither are Sam and Izzy.

Agreed...I’d always read a book or clean the bathroom while my kids played in the bath. Sometimes they’d play for a looooong time!  

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Steff said:

This just reinforces my belief that Jill doesn't do anything with her kids or really get on their level to interact with them.  She's too wrapped up in her "bible studies" trying to find the married promise land that she was told she would have once she married & had kids.  I think this is what she does all day & it's why she half asses her way thru "recipes" for meals.  Married life isn't what it was supposed to be, she's unhappy and spending all her time & energy in "bible studies" looking for happiness.   When she's not doing this, she velcro's herself to her dickass fucktard husband's shoulder. 

This makes SO much sense!!! All her life, if something was challenging her, she was just told to pray more. Now that her married life isn't perfect, maybe she is praying / desperately devouring Christian reading material at the expense of her duties. Honestly wouldn't surprise me. I could see Mechelle valuing a good praying session over the laundry being done. Plus, someone else was always there to do it anyway. I doubt Jill has gotten used to having to do all the housework herself. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Please please tell me they don’t have a dog.

Or worse, a cat!  Dillweed seems to be a cat hater, from what I've read.  If this messed-up couple of parents don't seem to have a clue about their human kids, they sure as shit don't know about how pets should be taken care of.

• Love 3

I don't think Jill is reading religious books because marriage isn't what she thought it would be.  I think if she's really reading them, it's to reinforce the beliefs she and Derick hold.  I say "if" because it would not surprise me at all if she spends more time taking pictures of herself reading rather than actually reading, in order to show her fans what a great Christian woman she is.  Her goal is most likely to be a Proverbs 31 woman or at least to appear to be one.  She also wishes to show Derick that she too, is studious.  It's for show imo.  

• Love 17
22 hours ago, Lunera said:

Apparently Jill put orange food coloring in the water, an idea she got from a commenter on her blog. It's supposed to be for fun.

I'm not doubting this would be fun for the kids, but would this not stain their skin? I just know when I bake with a ton of food coloring my fingers get discolored. I wouldn't want to sit in it!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, McManda said:

I'm not doubting this would be fun for the kids, but would this not stain their skin? I just know when I bake with a ton of food coloring my fingers get discolored. I wouldn't want to sit in it!

Not unless she poured a whole lot in. Bath bombs have food coloring in it and it doesn’t dye the skin unless you have a highly pigmented bath bomb with very little water. (I worked at Lush for years.)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, McManda said:

Suddenly I'm picturing Izzy and Sam dyed orange like a couple of mini-Trumps running around! Or Oompa-Loompas, I guess. Which makes me wonder whether Jill and Dreck would rather tell their kids stories about the Cheeto in the White House than risk something whimsical like Roald Dahl lest the kids be inspired to use their imaginations...

• Love 11
On 10/13/2018 at 3:00 PM, Temperance said:

I can't tell where they are, but it doesn't look like a kitchen, restaurant, home etc. Why does it look like they're in an office building? My first thought was some kind of medical building, but I think that's just a weird light.  

That's a nice picture of Jill and her friends.  She looks good there. 

Its Chick Fil A. My local one has the same light fixtures, and you can make out a tiny bit of the Play room at the top left.

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 3

I wouldn't post a pic of the kids in the tub (don't have kids, but probably wouldn't.). I'd be careful if I had kids what I posted with them since they don't have a lot of control in what I post. 

That being said I think it seems like a nice bathtime to me. I took baths with siblings/cousins as a toddler and we frequently faced away like that. Usually someone watched and didn't play with us so they didn't get their clothes wet.  The boys seem happy, and Sam is old enough to up in the tub.  Jill seems to be there in case they need her. She probably washed their hair when it was hair-washing time. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6

I think it's one of the best pictures Jill has posted.

Composition-wise, of course, it's a mess. It's not hard to get a cute picture of cute kids in the tub, but Jill has managed it by including -- for some inexplicable reason -- a basket of rubbish, her knees, and an out-of-focus book.

On the plus side -- the kids are clean, they appear to be having fun, Izzy is learning his letters, and she is supervising without trying to force Izzy to recite a bathtub related Bible verse or prodding him with "Isn't this the best bath-time EVER!"

• Love 10

I think Jill’s looking for attention I regard to the book she’s “reading.” It’s a Christian self help book ( shocking!) about maintaining boundaries. Is this a stealth diss of her family? Let’s discuss.

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 2