Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, graefin said:

Yep, I figured she was lying. I was curious how she'd respond, and now we know. My hypothesis is that she grew tired of the criticism of her food looking like pure crap, so she decided to remedy it, and she did so the only way she knew how--by cheating. I truly believe she bought take-out food, dumped it over cooked pasta, and is now trying to pass it off as the recipe she posted.

I agree. That looks like any chicken stir fry I can buy at a local Chinese takeout. The photo screams cornstarch.

Jilly, God is shaking his finger at you for lying. Sad. Google a recipe that's at your skill level. It's easy and fun to try something you can achieve.  Hint: Look at the recipe ratings and read the reviews. You can do this!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

What I don't understand is why Jill keeps posting these crap recipes if she then has to lie about them. What's the point?

Clicks on her page.

How much can someone make doing this so poorly, though? 

I have much to say, I may blog about it ?

• Love 9
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

By saying that she used a different type of soup, Jill has let the cat out of the bag and revealed that the photo she posted is not hers. I wonder if she realizes what she did?

• Love 6

Her recipes are garbage, but I don't care about that, really. What gets me--what always gets me--is how these people grew up on tv and clearly want social media fame and yet STILL have no idea how to react to criticism in a way that makes their critics seem a bit unreasonable. Not a big fan of the pioneer woman, but years ago on her blog--long before the tv show--she'd gently and routinely skewer critics who complained about her lack of fresh ingredients and how unhealthy her recipes were, and she endeared herself even more to her fans. She wouln't call out individuals, but she'd joke about all the butter in a particular recipe, for example.  One post I remember well is when she had a salt shaker and a bottle of Lawry's seasoned salt "playact," with the Lawry's in "tears" over how much everyone hated him. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

That's healthier than what she posted and she could have claimed to have modified the recipe from the one her mom used when she was growing up.

And go against MOTY’s teachings? Are you mad woman? Why on earth would she want to do that? Momma knows everything there ever was/is to know about children/child rearing/birth/homemaking/marriage/love/ men/God/life. There’s no need to think, question or alter anything.  Just do/say/imitate her and you’ll be perfect too. Us heathens have it all wrong and we’re doing it the hard way.  (End sarcasm and world’s biggest eye roll)

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Sweet baby Jeebus please stop reposting that chicken picture!  It's the grossest thing I've ever seen in my life.  Why is there congealed gelatin slime all over it? It's horrifying!

Thanks for your post. I haven't been able to get that picture out of my mind all day. It took my appetite completely away.  I highly recommend it as a food deterrent for any dieter out there.  I finally just ate a piece of peanut butter toast.  Maybe because I'm a chicken lover it has done a number on me.  So much for my strong stomach. Blech !!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

He’s a troll.

I get that he’s annoyed by the negative comments. But if they are going to continue with their lifestyle blog, they better develop a tougher skin and better recipes.

If Dreck is going to be a lawyer (cough, cough), he will need to develop a thick skin. That's as likely to happen as better recipes. 

What bugs me about the Dullards is the same thing as about Audrey and Jeremy Roloff. These two young couples, whose credentials amount to time on a reality TV show, fashion themselves as lifestyle experts. They have no problem sharing advice in exchange for attention, flattery, and possibly a little money, but they bristle when they're called out on hypocrisy and pretentiousness. If you put yourself out in public doing whatever, you will inevitably get some negative feedback. They should know that from being on television. 

Edited by BradandJanet
Don't need three of the same post.
  • Love 22
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

When I was in a hurry to fix dinner for the family some years ago after soccer practice, etc.. I have used low sodium 'cream of' soup for a sauce too. I tell you from personal experience there was NO DIFFERENCE in the 'white-creaminess' with low sodium or regular soups. Jill really has no cooking skills whatsoever. Her response made absolutely no sense. She needs to start all over again and open a beginners cook book or actually go on the internet for beginner-cook healthy/easy recipes.

I swear that girl is clueless. Poor Izzy.

I also noticed in some of her Instagram videos that I finally found, she ignores Israel when he's trying to say something or point something out. She bulldozes over him with whatever HER agenda is for the camera...pushes him to follow HER LEAD and get him to respond to HER. Is this the way she was treated growing up with her awful parents?

It was how she treated her siblings. Old habits die hard.

• Love 14

If they weren't so gosh-darned arrogant and sure they already know everything, they would take a few of the free social media classes available on the Internet and maybe learn how to do it so it builds up their audience numbers. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

What really bugs me about Derick with those replies is that the second was constructive criticism.  Derick could have easily replied saying something like these are special occasion meals.  If you are going to share your life on social media, you have to be able to handle valid criticism.  I have no problem with a snarky reply to a comment that is obviously coming from a bad place like the first.  A savvy social media person knows how to identify and handle trolls.  I personally like how Chelsea Clinton handles trolls on Twitter.  She names and shames them while keeping her composure.  I can't see Derick making it through 3 years of law school if he cannot handle constructive criticism online. 

Her responses are fantastic!  I don't know how she does it.

• Love 18

Growing up, I ate a lot of prepackaged and canned food.  We weren't poor, but my mother was disabled and my father worked long hours, so we ate what was easy to make.  However, my parents always made sure there was also a fresh fruit or veggie on the table with each meal.  When I moved out on my own, I slowly began to cook healthier.  Now that I'm a stay at home mom (like Jill), I make many things from scratch and no longer buy prepackaged stuff.  Since I don't work full-time, I figure that one of my jobs as a SAHM is to make decent meals.  I'm not sure what Jill's excuse is since she is also a SAHM with two kids.  She should start small (maybe one "healthy" meal a week) and work her way up to eliminating as much canned stuff as possible.

• Love 22
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

If Dreck is going to be a lawyer (cough, cough), he will need to develop a thick skin. That's as likely to happen as better recipes. 

I read this as " that's likely to happen with better recipes".  Thick skin through better nutrition.  I think its a thing.

4 hours ago, graefin said:

He has not an ounce of grace in him, that's for sure. I'll never forget his "You get a job, Betsy" retort to someone tweeting him to "get a job." I'm not Christian, but this seems to me to be the least Christian response possible?

This!  What ever happened to "turn the other cheek"?  I'm sure the negative comments get to him, but a terrific solution would be to dump his Twitter account.  (full disclosure:  I'm kind of anti-twitter because of all the negative nonsense it generates.  We all lived just fine pre-twitter)

• Love 23
58 minutes ago, Horrified said:

I read this as " that's likely to happen with better recipes".  Thick skin through better nutrition.  I think its a thing.

This!  What ever happened to "turn the other cheek"?  I'm sure the negative comments get to him, but a terrific solution would be to dump his Twitter account.  (full disclosure:  I'm kind of anti-twitter because of all the negative nonsense it generates.  We all lived just fine pre-twitter)

If Derrick does not have a Twitter account to generate negative responses,  they how can he ever feel persecuted.   Remember, Christians are supposed to be persecuted by the evil secular world.  He thrives off of this.  

• Love 20
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, Christina87 said:

Does anyone else rely on kraft Mac and cheese for their comfort food? I consider it the absolute lowest of the low as far as processed food goes, but damn, if there aren't days when it get me through. ? I get the "fancy" deluxe kind, which seems a little more like real food. It's totally salty and doesn't taste that much like cheese, but I could eat the whole box if I didn't stop myself lol!

Oh heck yeah. My go-to. Usually the old-fashioned boxed version.

• Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, graefin said:

Ahem, so Jill claims that the picture she posted is of the actual recipe but that low-sodium soups account for the noncreamy appearance. Does this make any sense? "Cream of" soup is still "cream of," no?

so.JPG

A troll? "Good to keep our blood pressure from dropping too low"!!!!

• Love 13
On 10/9/2018 at 5:39 PM, Mollie said:

That mess sells for $17 on Amazon.  For only $6.49 you can have this: 

Counting On.jpg

I'm convinced the possum would probably taste better than anything Jill makes. :)

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

STILL traumatized by the chicken in a can. #nosleeptilBrooklyn

I missed all of that and honestly assumed it was a photoshop gag until I got to the last page and realized it was actually a thing! 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lucy711 said:

Growing up, I ate a lot of prepackaged and canned food.  We weren't poor, but my mother was disabled and my father worked long hours, so we ate what was easy to make.  However, my parents always made sure there was also a fresh fruit or veggie on the table with each meal.  When I moved out on my own, I slowly began to cook healthier.  Now that I'm a stay at home mom (like Jill), I make many things from scratch and no longer buy prepackaged stuff.  Since I don't work full-time, I figure that one of my jobs as a SAHM is to make decent meals.  I'm not sure what Jill's excuse is since she is also a SAHM with two kids.  She should start small (maybe one "healthy" meal a week) and work her way up to eliminating as much canned stuff as possible.

Thank you!!! My dream job is SAHM for the same reasons. I want to be the primary person who gets to have hands on time with my future kids, and have time to actually make a home...from-scratch meals, keeping up with cleaning, etc. I think it's so weird when people insist that their job as a SAHM doesn't include cooking and cleaning, and they're not a maid, or they don't have time, etc. Of course doing chores while having kids in your care would be harder than not having them, but IMO it would still be way preferable to having high, unmet standards for your home while you work. My mom did SAHM right, and that's the primary reason I want to do it! I have hustled so hard to do all those things as a single working person when nobody is judging me for my meals or cleanliness, and  I dream of doing it full-time. 

Again, I wish the Duggar girls had some sort of work experience. It would benefit them greatly, as they would know how to manage their time, and could realize tangibly how lucky they truly are to stay home with their kids. Maybe Jill, who seems listless at home, would count her blessings that she was no longer running up and down the hospital halls as a nurse, holding her pee and scrambling to stay on a decent eating schedule while working nights. After rushing to chart information while making sure all the patients get their meds on time, she would be able to divvy up her time properly enough to cut up some damn broccoli. Maybe Jessa would appreciate being able to call all the shots at home, as she wouldn't be able to as a newbie in the office environment. Jinger would appreciate the lack of stress. I don't really count Jana in the never-worked crowd because she is being a hands-on SAHM at her parents' house, and will probably appreciate having a reprieve if she gets married, for at least nine months. Also, for all intents and purposes, Joy is working currently, too. Still, if she had worked a job before, she may appreciate being able to work at her own pace, not having regimented hours, and being able to spend the day with Gideon. I'm sure if she wakes up with a headache, Austin allows her to rest until it feels better, which is the kind of perk you usually don't have in a "real" job. Jana probably just works through it, like the rest of us, since she has actual tasks that have to be done by a certain time. Children don't raise themselves, and they need breakfast! Also, if the girls had worked, they could go back to having careers after the children are grown, or (gasp!!!) decide to work outside the home now! Jill in particular seems unhappy, and maybe she really would rather run up and down hospital halls than stay home and cook cream of crap. Of course, a job would have set hours where seeing derick would 100% not be a possibility, and she may not be able to handle that.

After all this talk about healthy food, mannnn, you guys are making me crave Kraft Mac and cheese! ?

• Love 10
12 hours ago, JoanArc said:

He's probably sarcastic as hell to her, and it goes right over her head.

Or else she pushes herself to be as dim as possible and never grow as self-defense; it’s safer when everyone involved can pretend she doesn’t know what he’s saying.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

After all this talk about healthy food, mannnn, you guys are making me crave Kraft Mac and cheese! ?

I make my own spaghetti sauce from the tomatoes we grow in our garden. Heck, I make my own KETCHUP from our tomatoes. That said, I will be going to the store tomorrow to buy a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese. Because I am seriously craving it!

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I make my own spaghetti sauce from the tomatoes we grow in our garden. Heck, I make my own KETCHUP from our tomatoes. That said, I will be going to the store tomorrow to buy a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese. Because I am seriously craving it!

I just put up another 6 or 7 jars of tomato mixtures from our garden last week.  I do spaghetti sauce, plain tomato sauce, tomato paste, pizza sauce for our homemade pizza and calzones and bruschetta.  2 nights ago I insisted of Kraft Mac and Cheese for dinner because of this board.  LOL

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I just put up another 6 or 7 jars of tomato mixtures from our garden last week.  I do spaghetti sauce, plain tomato sauce, tomato paste, pizza sauce for our homemade pizza and calzones and bruschetta.  2 nights ago I insisted of Kraft Mac and Cheese for dinner because of this board.  LOL

Comfort food has a very strong pull, no? Don’t even get me started on Twinkies ...

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 7
Just now, Westiepeach said:

Comfort food has a very strong pull, no?

It does, but as someone who is grain sensitive, not just wheat but things like oats and quinoa, I eat it for the comfort, knowing that I'm going being feeling crappy tomorrow.  LOL

• Love 2

Derick is simply playing a cat and mouse game with his twitter responses. He's an emotional arsonist. I knew a few people like that some years ago. Snide, sarcastic people, not very likeable. Derick really should be ashamed of himself for doing this.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Or else she pushes herself to be as dim as possible

I don't think this requires any pushing; just maintenance of the status quo. Given her upbringing, it probably comes easily to her.

• Love 9

So yesterday I made cake for Mr. Wiser’s birthday. From scratch, because heathen.

I only make cake maybe twice a year but always the same recipe. But yesterday I stood there for the longest time looking at the butter amount (1/4 cup) and half thinking, “that can’t be right...”

Today it dawned on me...that CAKE has 75% less butter in it than Jill’s main dish recipe.

Yikes. 

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Today it dawned on me...that CAKE has 75% less butter in it than Jill’s main dish recipe.

I’m sure it was much better tasting than what Jill would have made. That was nice of you to make Mr Wiser a cake from scratch. 

• Love 8