Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I knew Catholics who made similar jokes about wooden spoons. Usually I was led to believe it was a normal kitchen spoon. I think that oversized "spoon" is supposed to be a gag gift. 

I hope so, because hitting them with something that huge IS child abuse.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:
51 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I knew Catholics who made similar jokes about wooden spoons. Usually I was led to believe it was a normal kitchen spoon. I think that oversized "spoon" is supposed to be a gag gift. 

I hope so, because hitting them with something that huge IS child abuse.

I hope so, too, because if it's not there's nobody in those boys' lives who will protect or call CPS because of it.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Madtown said:

He is the baby on Family Guy. He's one of my most favorite characters.

He's not only the baby on Family Guy, but he speaks with a British accent. And I was totally reading Tales of Sam the Captive in Stewie Griffin's voice.

• Love 7

At the rate of Jill & Dreck's poor parenting fails, Sam & Izzy will be drinking just like Stewie in no time. 

My heart breaks for those boys, and I just want to smack the smugness off of Derick's face.  Just because you have the ability to reproduce doesn't mean you necessarily should.  These two are a perfect example.

• Love 24
On 10/17/2018 at 7:15 PM, Zahdii said:

When I was in high school, (late 70's early 80's), we still had that, except it only happened a couple times a year.  The guys (never heard of a girl going for a swat) were sent to the shop teacher, who had a hand made paddle with holes drilled in it so there was less wind resistance, and the parents had to agree to it.  I think it was a case of "You want to swat my kid or send him home to lay about for a week?  Hmmm, let me think on that.  Can you give him an extra swat for me?"  Rumor was, the guys had to take their pants down and bend over and grab their ankles (or knees, if the ankles were too hard to grab).  The reasoning was that in the past, some guys had padded their behinds before going in for the swat so TPTB wanted to make sure that nothing got in the way of their lesson.  Probably not true, but it helped curb some of the youthful exuberance teens might display.

I was there too. Got swatted 2x. I had a choice of the gym teacher or my typing teacher. I choose my 98 lb typing teacher. BIG MISTAKE. Broke that thick ass Goddy Comb in my back pocket. Bitch played tennis! We still talk. I gave her a pair of expensive boots recently! LOL!  

I've been reading since CANNED Cream Soup and that awful whole chicken.  I haven't laughed so hard in a good while. Jill and company are so unintentionally amusing.

YEA! She's NOT Pregnant.  The boys are really cute. I really hope they fare better than their parents. 

I have one can of creamed soup I use for fresh chicken, rice and peas. I may as well toss it. I'll never be able to make it ever again! 

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

I have one can of creamed soup I use for fresh chicken, rice and peas. I may as well toss it. I'll never be able to make it ever again! 

I’ll take it. I have one recipe I make when I need a quick comfort food meal. Mix one can of cream of chicken soup with one can of Swanson’s Chunk Chicken breast. Heat in microwave. Pour over hot rice (almost serves two). It is the ONLY meal I make with either creamed soup or canned meat, but it brings me right back to my childhood when I was home sick and my mom brought me this dish in bed.

Unlike Jill, who seems to make a variation of this recipe for every meal.

Edited by Love2dance
Punctuation
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I’ll take it. I have one recipe I make when I need a quick comfort food meal. Mix one can of cream of chicken soup with one can of Swanson’s Chunk Chicken breast. Heat in microwave. Pour over hot rice (almost serves two). It is the ONLY meal I make with either creamed soup or canned meat, but it brings me right back to my childhood when I was home sick and my mom brought me this dish in bed.

Unlike Jill who seems to make a variation of this recipe for every meal.

*Slides it down the table* Have at it Sweetheart. I'm sure your dish is better than Jill's toast.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Normades said:

I understand that we often look back at our school days with warm memories, but the physical discipline really makes me sick.  Please don't think this is pointed toward you, but the only boots I would want to give that person would be steel toed, on my feet and aimed at her backside after the abuse and humiliation of a child.  I went to Catholic school and was physically abused and watched the abuse of other children by teachers and especially nuns.  It was horrendous and the parents supported these teachers.  Once girl was punched in the face and given a black eye by a nun.  That nun told the parents she was holding her arm out with her hand in a fist and the girl walked into it!!  These parents bought this explanation and backed that nun up!!!  It was disgusting!!  I remember feeling so helpless because parents would always back the teacher and even praise them for the abuse.  To me, looking back on being hit as a positive memory  is dangerous.  There is nothing warm and fuzzy about abusing kids, and especially having children remove clothing so that some adult can abuse them.  I know there are some kids who are out of control, but I think there are better ways to deal with them and I'm glad physical abuse is not condoned now.  

If I've offended anyone, I'm sorry, but I think it's important to remember that hitting children is not some warm memory or funny anecdote, it's abusive and some of us are permanently scarred from it. Violence begets violence.

That is totally horrific. I'm so sorry for your experience and to everyone I have offended. My coping mechanism snarky but true recap. I've had plenty of my share of abuse of several varieties but this one wasn't one of them thankfully. It's no excuse but I'm from a tiny town where everyone lives in the neighborhood, shops and goes to the Catholic Church together. My GodMother was there as the head of the English Department. In this particular situation this Typing teacher saved my life. She told my parents to send me to Rehab. Twice. I was difficult. My apologies for veering off topic I just wanted to express myself a little better and apologize for the upset. 

soooo....What's Jill cooking today?

• Love 18
38 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

That is totally horrific. I'm so sorry for your experience and to everyone I have offended. My coping mechanism snarky but true recap. I've had plenty of my share of abuse of several varieties but this one wasn't one of them thankfully. It's no excuse but I'm from a tiny town where everyone lives in the neighborhood, shops and goes to the Catholic Church together. My GodMother was there as the head of the English Department. In this particular situation this Typing teacher saved my life. She told my parents to send me to Rehab. Twice. I was difficult. My apologies for veering off topic I just wanted to express myself a little better and apologize for the upset. 

soooo....What's Jill cooking today?

Derek will cook one of his steaks to death for 2.  And Jill will serve over cooked broccoli and creamed rice. It’s a date night yay.

• Love 15

New post:

Lindi’s Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Oct 19, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

YUM! These cookies are so perfect for the fall season!  They are a lite, moist cookie and won’t leave you feeling too sugared up if you can’t stop after the first one. lol  This recipe is one that my friend Lindi gave me just before I got married. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

3/4-1 cup butter (softened)

1 C. white sugar

1 C. brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 C. pumpkin puree

1.5 C. rolled oats

1 tsp. baking powder

1.5 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. salt

2.5 C. all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 large cookie sheets.  Mix all ingredients together. Drop large spoonfuls (3ish T. per spoonful) of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 min., or until slightly brown around the edges. Eat ’em up!

Makes about 2 dozen large cookies.

51F33D3D-D9FA-4D36-957E-2CA6914760B5.jpeg

8ED0F6C3-5155-4989-87D7-1679830AA4B5.jpeg

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She might say that they don’t leave you “sugared up” but isn’t 2C of sugar a lot? Also 3/4-1 C butter. I will have to agree that it’s a better option than her Cream of Casseroles. 

Still the same color.  What does she have against color? Sad tan slop. As bland as Derwood!

• Love 15
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

New post:

YUM! These cookies are so perfect for the fall season!  They are a lite, moist cookie and won’t leave you feeling too sugared up if you can’t stop after the first one. lol  This recipe is one that my friend Lindi gave me just before I got married. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

1 C. white sugar

1 C. brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 C. pumpkin puree

1.5 C. rolled oats

1 tsp. baking powder

1.5 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. salt

2.5 C. all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 large cookie sheets.  Mix all ingredients together. Drop large spoonfuls (3ish T. per spoonful) of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 min., or until slightly brown around the edges. Eat ’em up!

Lite?

• Love 16

I apologize to Kenny Loggins ahead of time for saying this.  I am bored at work and killing a few minutes before I leave so I am watching old YouTube vids of music.  We Are the World came up so I thought well, blast from the past I am gonna watch.  Well I'll be damned if Dickhead doesn't look like Kenny in this video when Dickhead had facial hair.  I am really sorry Kenny.  

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I would make them a LOT smaller. YMMV. 

Starting in junior high, once a week it was my job to make cookies to be packed in school lunches.  That was the size I was taught to make them.  Two cookies was enough for each lunch.

If you think those are big, there was a brief period of time when it was the thing to bring a giant cookie to school.  One of my brothers would happily go without cookies for four days a week so he could show up one day with an 8-inch cookie.

When I would make cookies at my father's house, I was instructed to use a teaspoon to portion out the cookie dough.  Different ways for different folks.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

Do they ever open window blinds during daylight hours? It feels like every indoor photo or video they’ve taken is all dark and deprived of any natural daylight!

And show their filthy windows? Or places outside for the children to play? Just no. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I apologize to Kenny Loggins ahead of time for saying this.  I am bored at work and killing a few minutes before I leave so I am watching old YouTube vids of music.  We Are the World came up so I thought well, blast from the past I am gonna watch.  Well I'll be damned if Dickhead doesn't look like Kenny in this video when Dickhead had facial hair.  I am really sorry Kenny.  

As a Loggins & Messina fan, your observation makes me sad.  Full Sail is one of my favorite CD's.  

Dillweed got a lot uglier after he revealed his fuck-uppedness.  

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

Do they ever open window blinds during daylight hours? It feels like every indoor photo or video they’ve taken is all dark and deprived of any natural daylight!

It's the same at both the TTH and Jessa's. The blinds are always closed in their Instagram pictures. I don't know if they're paranoid or maybe they've had issues with nosy fans knocking on the door.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I’m sure this makes me a terrible person, but my first thought after reading this was:

”Well, regardless of how he looks, Kenny Loggins wrote ‘The House at Pooh Corner,’ which automatically makes him a better parent* than Derek.”

* I have no idea if Kenny Loggins even has kids or how his potential parenting skills are regarded. 

• Love 7

Jill's cookies come out at 163 calories each.  That's a lot to be giving a preschooler at one time as a dessert.  Although given Jill's normal recipes this might be better for them with the oats and pumpkin.  

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

I’m sure this makes me a terrible person, but my first thought after reading this was:

”Well, regardless of how he looks, Kenny Loggins wrote ‘The House at Pooh Corner,’ which automatically makes him a better parent* than Derek.”

* I have no idea if Kenny Loggins even has kids or how his potential parenting skills are regarded. 

He has 5 kids according to google.

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

New post:

1 C. white sugar

1 C. brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 C. pumpkin puree

1.5 C. rolled oats

1 tsp. baking powder

1.5 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. salt

2.5 C. all purpose flour

Everything she makes looks like somebody puked it out . 

• Love 13

Israel looks a wee bit like Jackson there. Those biscuits look like dog poo though.........does Jill not like colour since all of her food seem to be beige and bland?

Baking with pumpkin might be interesting though, tempted to try it myself. It's too early for Xmas stuff although the shops are full of it already, but pumpkins perhaps. Would hokkaido work with biscuit dough?

• Love 1

I am wondering if Derick is going to school as a way to avoid paying hospital bills.

My twins were born by emergent c section and spent 10 days in NICU. Before insurance Baby A’s hospital bill was $80k, mine was $60k, Baby B’s was $40k. Jill’s bill is probably not as high as mine (I had complications), but, with the oxygen, I bet Sam’s bills are higher than at least my Baby B. Jill could be on the hook for $100k. 

Maybe they are defaulting on their medical bills and purposefully keeping their income and assets low until it is finished with going into collections and whatever else that may involve.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Eh. A moderately active 3-year-old needs 1000-1400 calories per day based on size. One 163-calorie cookie is not really a big deal if they are eating an otherwise balanced diet. That’s a big if in this case, of course.

A potentially close to 20% of their calories as a cookie is really pretty bad.  A 40 calorie cookie wouldn't be a big deal.  

Odd family.  Climbing onto the table using an unstable rolling toy is video worthy.  Standing and jumping on the table is unacceptable and reason to be swooped away.  False distinction probably to most of us, but that's the line Derick and Jill draw.  

• Love 20