Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I was thinking of Fedosky when the OP mentioned a LICENSED physician. The last we saw, Jill and Derelict were going to him, license be damned.

I don't see how they can do this when he can't legally treat patients as young as Jill's kids. But, of course, nothing underhanded surprises me about these people.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I don't see how they can do this when he can't legally treat patients as young as Jill's kids. But, of course, nothing underhanded surprises me about these people.

These are the same people who think Jill is a legitimate midwife. She damn near killed herself and her own sons, but they still think she knows what she's doing. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

He can see the Dillards and can attempt a diagnosis, but they are SOL if one of the kids needs a prescription.  There is no way that any local pharmacy would touch a prescription written by him and no insurance company would pay for it.  It would be really pointless to take a sick kid to him--Sam has an ear infection that needs an antibiotic but I cannot prescribe you one.  Also, Dr. F. would not be able to give the kids any immunizations unless he is getting the vaccines from another doctor. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think Jill is doing some kind of modified blanket training with Sam.

While keeping Sam restrained in the stroller against his will may be some kind of modified blanket training, I'm pretty sure that at home Jill & Derick are using every harsh parenting technique her parents, Michael Pearl, and Derick have come up with.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

While keeping Sam restrained in the stroller against his will may be some kind of modified blanket training, I'm pretty sure that at home Jill & Derick are using every harsh parenting technique her parents, Michael Pearl, and Derick have come up with.

If true (and I could believe it) how sad for those little boys.  I wonder what Grandma Cathy thinks about the Pearl methods.  She's a wack-job IMO, so maybe she's OK with it.  

How are Izzy and Sam supposed to aspire to Pistol Pete and college, with Jill's home-foolery?  SMH

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

If true (and I could believe it) how sad for those little boys.  I wonder what Grandma Cathy thinks about the Pearl methods.  She's a wack-job IMO, so maybe she's OK with it.  

Cathy "trained" her boys with wooden spoons and they turned out just fine!

• Love 12
21 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sorry about the quote boxes. Can't remove them (major board glitch).

Meanwhile, Sammy plots his escape from the Female Captor. ?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

that video was just bizarre. Who thinks it's PR showing how "involved" Derick still is while in law school, and bat he hated having to do it? He didn't seem to happy to be reading.

And why was he snapping at Israel, when Sam was the one playing around? Did anyone get the feeling Israel was already in some sort of trouble when this video began? He seemed subdued, and was sitting completely still. It was weird how Derick snapped at him. Whether he means to or not, he's going to give that kid a major complex of being the least favorite. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Cathy "trained" her boys with wooden spoons and they turned out just fine!

OMG!  Not just any wooden spoon.  She posted a photo of the huge prep school type paddle; if I'm remembering correctly, under the fricken Christmas tree!  I believe she gifted Jill and Derick that paddle.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, louannems said:

OMG!  Not just any wooden spoon.  She posted a photo of the huge prep school type paddle; if I'm remembering correctly, under the fricken Christmas tree!  I believe she gifted Jill and Derick that paddle.

89jfyn0g1h701.jpg.ad1a005df7c2c7b1976a64b17968c84d.jpg

Cathy must have beat them with the paddle often or why else would she even gift them a shirt saying they survived it. I was smacked and spanked by my parents as a child but not enough to wear a shirt that says I survived it. 

• Love 9

I agree that Derelict did not do a good job reading that book to Israel....way too fast and with no expression. No discussion about the illustrations that I'm sure were colorful and cheerful for a 3 year old to look at. Glad DDD isn't being 'moved by the Spirit" to become a teacher.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

that video was just bizarre. Who thinks it's PR showing how "involved" Derick still is while in law school, and bat he hated having to do it? He didn't seem to happy to be reading.

And why was he snapping at Israel, when Sam was the one playing around? Did anyone get the feeling Israel was already in some sort of trouble when this video began? He seemed subdued, and was sitting completely still. It was weird how Derick snapped at him. Whether he means to or not, he's going to give that kid a major complex of being the least favorite. 

Aw, when Izzy asked Derick if he was OK...it just feels like all his efforts to please his dad are in vain.  

But I agree, Derick should not have encouraged Sam while reprimanding Israel at the same time for the same thing. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, louannems said:

Wow.  When I was in junior high school (it was the 60's) I remember the boys that misbehaved getting sent to the principal's office for a swat from a paddle.  What a warped gift to give your offspring, to use on the grandkids!  I can't even imagine doing that.  Bizarre and just wrong.

• Love 10
On 10/16/2018 at 3:31 PM, sleepysuzy said:

Last week my kids wanted a snack, so I put Nutella on Saltines. They thought I was a genius chef and that I should share this recipe with my coworkers. I should start a food blog.

I made english muffin pizzas for my boy and got a similar reaction. He suggested I should go into business as a restaurateur. 

9 hours ago, Heathen said:

These are the same people who think Jill is a legitimate midwife. She damn near killed herself and her own sons, but they still think she knows what she's doing. 

Hey, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. 

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

When I was in junior high school (it was the 60's) I remember the boys that misbehaved getting sent to the principal's office for a swat from a paddle.  

When I was in high school, (late 70's early 80's), we still had that, except it only happened a couple times a year.  The guys (never heard of a girl going for a swat) were sent to the shop teacher, who had a hand made paddle with holes drilled in it so there was less wind resistance, and the parents had to agree to it.  I think it was a case of "You want to swat my kid or send him home to lay about for a week?  Hmmm, let me think on that.  Can you give him an extra swat for me?"  Rumor was, the guys had to take their pants down and bend over and grab their ankles (or knees, if the ankles were too hard to grab).  The reasoning was that in the past, some guys had padded their behinds before going in for the swat so TPTB wanted to make sure that nothing got in the way of their lesson.  Probably not true, but it helped curb some of the youthful exuberance teens might display.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

When I was in high school, (late 70's early 80's), we still had that, except it only happened a couple times a year.  The guys (never heard of a girl going for a swat) were sent to the shop teacher, who had a hand made paddle with holes drilled in it so there was less wind resistance, and the parents had to agree to it.  I think it was a case of "You want to swat my kid or send him home to lay about for a week?  Hmmm, let me think on that.  Can you give him an extra swat for me?"  Rumor was, the guys had to take their pants down and bend over and grab their ankles (or knees, if the ankles were too hard to grab).  The reasoning was that in the past, some guys had padded their behinds before going in for the swat so TPTB wanted to make sure that nothing got in the way of their lesson.  Probably not true, but it helped curb some of the youthful exuberance teens might display.

I never heard of the boys having to take their pants down, at my school.  What a deterrent, if true, or even the rumor of such!

No girls were swatted at my school, as far as I know.  I tended to be a goody two-shoes (for the most part!) so I don't remember hearing what happened to the naughty girls.  

I may have detected the beginnings of a smile on Sam during the video above.  It does seem like poor Izzy is resented by his dumbass parents.

• Love 3
On 10/16/2018 at 6:20 PM, mynextmistake said:

“Day 412. My captors continue to taunt me with intellectual understimulation and inedible food. Today I was confined in my restraints for several hours while the male and female guard sat in their vehicle and indulged in a local delicacy called “Domino’s pizza.” I was then freed for a short period of time to eat a most vexing concoction they called “enchiladas” before being returned to my cell and having small noisy animals repeatedly shaken in my face. I continue to try to befriend their other captive. I have discovered through careful monitoring of the female guard’s speech that his name is “Yaaaay.” He continues to shun my attempts at friendliness and appears to be jealous of the attention that is paid to me by our captors. I will persevere, as his assistance will be necessary if I am to escape this place. I must now secure this diary in a place where my captors will not find it. Fortunately I have found the crisper drawer in our refrigerator serves that purpose quite reliably.”

At 121 likes and counting, this just might be the most liked post ever on this forum!

10 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

89jfyn0g1h701.jpg.ad1a005df7c2c7b1976a64b17968c84d.jpg

Cathy must have beat them with the paddle often or why else would she even gift them a shirt saying they survived it. I was smacked and spanked by my parents as a child but not enough to wear a shirt that says I survived it. 

What truly horrible people. Ugly inside and out. 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 20
20 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

LOL! Now I'm imagining Sam as Stewie Griffin!

YES! That's the voice I heard the entire time I read that most fabulous post! So now I'm just going to call Sam "Stewie" and Izzy "Yaaay"

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I went to Catholic school. Though, I never witnessed it, one old school nun would hit kids on the knuckles with a ruler. Parents had no issues with it. 

• Love 2

ON 10/16/2018 AT 6:20 PM, MYNEXTMISTAKE SAID:

“Day 412. My captors continue to taunt me with intellectual understimulation and inedible food. Today I was confined in my restraints for several hours while the male and female guard sat in their vehicle and indulged in a local delicacy called “Domino’s pizza.” I was then freed for a short period of time to eat a most vexing concoction they called “enchiladas” before being returned to my cell and having small noisy animals repeatedly shaken in my face. I continue to try to befriend their other captive. I have discovered through careful monitoring of the female guard’s speech that his name is “Yaaaay.” He continues to shun my attempts at friendliness and appears to be jealous of the attention that is paid to me by our captors. I will persevere, as his assistance will be necessary if I am to escape this place. I must now secure this diary in a place where my captors will not find it. Fortunately I have found the crisper drawer in our refrigerator serves that purpose quite reliably.”

No! It's not Stewie, immediately I knew it was the Sad Cat Diary.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Who is Stewie Griffin?

Dillweed looks demented in that bizarre picture.  Is he some kind of masochist?  Jilly, get the whips and chains out.

Nah, Dirty Jesus is just sadistic.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 6
On 10/17/2018 at 11:38 AM, Christina87 said:

Unfortunately for Israel and Sam, I think Jill's cooking is the least of their problems. Harsh discipline, substandard education, and constant exposure to a mentally unhinged father with a persecution complex is going to hinder their development a lot more than the boring, salt-laden diet many 70s children grew up eating.

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Unfortunately for Israel and Sam, I think Jill's cooking is the least of their problems. Harsh discipline, substandard education, and constant exposure to a mentally unhinged father with a persecution complex is going to hinder their development a lot more than the boring, salt-laden diet many 70s children grew up eating.

I agree, but even nutritionally, I think they will suffer more than most. Most people who grew up eating that diet in the 70's ate the casserole with one can of soup, not 10! And they could eat some things, like food that is supposedly Italian (Thalia's) or real enchiladas, that didn't contain canned, sodium-laden ingredients. It's sad that the bar is THIS low! ?

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Yup...and that sad truth kinda takes the sails out of the snark. So it's easier to focus on the cooking. Even though though there are plenty of legitimate problems with that, quite a number of 70's kids DID manage to grow up on a similar diet, so it's far more fair game for laughter than the sight of a child who often seems nervous and parents who seem disinterested, resentful, and seemingly oblivious to any clues.

Sometimes the minor things draw more of our comments because we actually DO care about Iz and Sammy's welfare, but can't realistically do anything but observe. So we find things we can laugh at to make it less painful.

• Love 10