Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Wow, Jim Bob really does think of himself as the King of Shit Mountain, doesn't he? His own little fiefdom where he can rule like a tinpot dictator over his brood of children, their hapless spouses, and their helpless children.

Gross. He nauseates me.

They also want to find out if you're having (gasp) sexual fantasies. Gotta stamp those harmless parts of adolescence right out.

Jessa being the Princess of Diaper Mountain suddenly makes a lot of sense now.

The only SIL who Boob has successfully placed under his cult has been Ben. 

The Marfan syndrome question is random, but I think it's more for cardiac reasons than because of speculation about Derick. Still, there are a variety of potential cardiac issues besides just related to Marfan syndrome, so it's very myopic to just focus on Marfan syndrome. It's not like it's referenced specifically in the Bible. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

If your post is not primarily about Josh, Anna and their family, and perhaps about JB, or the Duggar Family habits in general- The JB/Michelle thread along with the Duggars & Their World would be more appropriate. 

This is not a warning, simply a reminder to be aware of the thread topic. 

You are always free to state “Taking my reply to x thread.”, to keep the discussion flowing. 

• Love 4
On 6/6/2022 at 12:46 AM, Zella said:

That's exactly my point. It's not him doing whatever he does that alarmed them as much as the idea of him getting caught doing it in a significantly larger social circle. The entire Gothard shtick is that it makes your kids behave, and here's rather significant proof that their golden child isn't behaving. They're not looking at it as "Oh good more eyes on Josh"--it's "Oh shit more eyes on Josh!"

On 6/6/2022 at 9:27 AM, Notabug said:

I think you're exactly right.  JB and Michelle's major concern with Josh was that he not make THEM look bad.  Had he gone to ALERT and gotten caught misbehaving or taught a couple things to other fundie boys; it could've jeopardized their status in the cult.  Remember, too, that JB and Michelle were featured speakers at many IBLP events and probably made a good buck from it. They couldn't afford to lose those gigs which would've probably happened if TPTB at IBLP gotten a hint as to the extent of Josh' extracurricular activities.

If the pre-camp questionnaire was anything like it is now….well, that alone may have dissuaded Dork and Babyvoice from sending Josh to ALERT.

• Love 3

I listened to it and was hoping the second part comes out soon. It was interesting and really points out what a liar JB is. One of the things that stood out to me was that Josh confessed to them because he "cheated" on their daughter. Yes, he thought molesting his sisters was cheating on his girlfriend.  I wonder when they actually left the IBLP?  The podcast cuts off after they talk about being at a party at the 5th victim's house and he calls Bobbie  (or however she spells it) and at some point he tells her he is feeling tempted and so he needs to talk to his girlfriend.  It was the time he molested the youngest victim during bible study.  So all the lies about a curious boy, they were asleep etc. where lies that Jill and Jessa repeated  for the the interview.  Those poor girls having to worry about being safe and not tempting him.   While their parents are playing it up for the TV and running around to speak at events leaving them alone with him.

• Sad 30
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
On 6/8/2022 at 12:58 PM, madpsych78 said:

Jessa being the Princess of Diaper Mountain suddenly makes a lot of sense now.

The only SIL who Boob has successfully placed under his cult has been Ben. 

The Marfan syndrome question is random, but I think it's more for cardiac reasons than because of speculation about Derick. Still, there are a variety of potential cardiac issues besides just related to Marfan syndrome, so it's very myopic to just focus on Marfan syndrome. It's not like it's referenced specifically in the Bible. 

The question on Marfan Syndrome is aligned with their other questions on people passing out or experiencing heart or other negative physical issues when exercising.  I would suspect someone at Alert learned that young people (okay, they only care about young men) with Marfan can have heart issue that impact their ability to do heavy manual labor. 

I have Marfan Syndrome as do two of my siblings, likely my father (he passed away from an illness that is more common among persons with Marfan), my aunt and cousin (both also deceased).  Should anyone want info, I can join you in Small Talk.  

Alert is looking to have young people do heavy manual labor.  Because I think we all know hauling sacks of concrete mix, paintings houses, and doing other manual labor will cleanse your soul and bring you closer to Jesus.  After all, in the Bible Jesus is quoted as saying, "Suffer little children".  Of course, this is followed by, "and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."  IBLP and Alert seem to have stopped at "Suffer little children" without considering the actual meaning of the statement. 

• Sad 2
  • Useful 15
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, jcbrown said:

How long is it expected to be before FF gets his Federal prison placement, does anyone know?

The Federal Bureau of Prisons decides based on availability and the prisoner's profile.  It usually takes 2-3 months and we probably won't hear about it beforehand; his name will just turn up on the roster of prisoners someplace.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, jcbrown said:

How long is it expected to be before FF gets his Federal prison placement, does anyone know?

I've heard the average is 8 weeks, but they have to find him a bed first. I wonder if he can go one place then be transferred to a more suitable prison (one with CSAM counseling) later on? Or will they just put him wherever and leave him there?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I've heard the average is 8 weeks, but they have to find him a bed first. I wonder if he can go one place then be transferred to a more suitable prison (one with CSAM counseling) later on? Or will they just put him wherever and leave him there?

He could be transferred multiple times.

• Useful 10
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Prisoners often get transferred, especially ones with longer sentences.  The CSAM counseling programs seem to be for prisoners nearing the end of their sentence, so he may not be sent to a prison with that program until he is nearing release-in a decade or so.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Prisoners often get transferred, especially ones with longer sentences.  The CSAM counseling programs seem to be for prisoners nearing the end of their sentence, so he may not be sent to a prison with that program until he is nearing release-in a decade or so.

Those words should be set to music. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
On 6/15/2022 at 5:11 AM, Albanyguy said:

I think what they really mean is that fame gave Jim Bob the freedom to be who he really was all along.

I agree. There's episode of Castle where Castle says having a lot of money magnifies who you are. That really seems to be the case with most people with a lot of money. Especially JB and Michelle. 

• Like 7
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I agree. There's episode of Castle where Castle says having a lot of money magnifies who you are. That really seems to be the case with most people with a lot of money. Especially JB and Michelle. 

I've heard this truism used with respect to lottery winners. But if the shoe fits...

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 6/15/2022 at 6:11 AM, Albanyguy said:

I think what they really mean is that fame gave Jim Bob the freedom to be who he really was all along.

23 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I agree with this. With money comes freedom, and less need to perform certain social rules because you have less need of the time/resources/labor of others. I 100% believe that additional funds allowed JB to be more true to himself. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with this. With money comes freedom, and less need to perform certain social rules because you have less need of the time/resources/labor of others. I 100% believe that additional funds allowed JB to be more true to himself. 

Taking my reply to Boob and j'Chelle

(edited)
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't think he's even in the BoP database yet. Someone will have to keep an eye on that.

He is.  He's been in there around a couple of weeks.  I'm a bit foggy now on when he showed up.  

image.png.779c7043a40c96ac177b1789c269fcc4.png

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 9
36 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'm a bit foggy now on when he showed up. 

When I checked on June 2nd it wasn’t up yet, on June 3rd it was. So either late on the 2nd or early on the 3rd.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the bestie is surely FF, so prison visit today?

Ding! Ding! We have a winner. They were married in 2008 so FF is her bestie. 🙄 Good God that woman is dense, brainwashed, in denial...... list could go on. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 21

I don't think Anna's Bestie is Josh.  He is still in the BOP limbo. I don't see how she can road trip to visit him.  He's either still in jail in Arkansas or in one of the BOP's holding facilities.  And I don't think prisoners can get family visits while in those facilities.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't think Anna's Bestie is Josh.  He is still in the BOP limbo. I don't see how she can road trip to visit him.  He's either still in jail in Arkansas or in one of the BOP's holding facilities.  And I don't think prisoners can get family visits while in those facilities.  

I just checked the BOP inmate locator. He's still shown as 'not in BOP custody' there, and is still listed as being held at the Washington County Jail on the jail's website.

No road trip involved, assuming she can even visit him in person in the local jail. They seem to be doing online-only visitations; it was hard to be sure without getting a "jailatm" account and trying to schedule a visit or maybe calling the jail to clarify. My interest in the subject doesn't go that far. 🤣

Edited by Jeeves
Clarity and pronouns and such
  • Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

Could it be possible that the FF has been moved and just not updated in the system yet?

Anna's post feels very excited. If she is visiting Josh, what a wonderful memory she'll have - Dear Diary, how wonderful my first in person prison visit with Joshua fell on my 34th birthday!

• Sad 6
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Could it be possible that the FF has been moved and just not updated in the system yet?

Anything is possible. He is still on the detainee roster at county, as Jeeves said. It was updated Jun 23 2022 9:55AM . 

Edited by ginger90
Never mind
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Anna's post feels very excited. If she is visiting Josh, what a wonderful memory she'll have - Dear Diary, how wonderful my first in person prison visit with Joshua fell on my 34th birthday!

I know it's not possible for someone like him, but if her post is about visiting him and if she truly feels blessed in any way at all to see him, especially on her birthday, some part of his heart and soul should feel burning pain knowing she loves him and believes in him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I know it's not possible for someone like him, but if her post is about visiting him and if she truly feels blessed in any way at all to see him, especially on her birthday, some part of his heart and soul should feel burning pain knowing she loves him and believes in him. 

I don't know how else you would interpret Anna's post other than she is visiting Josh in jail. And yes, Josh should feel deep shame that he has put such a loyal woman through this hell, and continues to lie to her and claim innocence. But he doesn't feel shame, because he is an asshole who only cares about himself, and apparently that widow he bought the Pepto Bismal for. And Anna is turning it into a defiance thing, as if she is somehow the only person willing stand up for what is right. It's very sad and delusional, and I fear for what she is telling her kids about how everyone has turned on their father except her and Jim Bob (and maybe Jana). 

I don't like Jeremy Vuolo or Derrick Dillard much, but they are both spot on about Josh. Considering how many of the siblings posted on social media that Josh is guilty, I wonder how those family get-togethers with Anna really go. Even Joy Anna posted that he did it.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 18

It's probably worth noting that Anna has frequently referred to Josh as her best friend in past posts, and this post also refers to her engagement. So, yes, although it's possible that she is visiting some other "bestie" that for whatever reason she's unwilling to name (and very possible that said "bestie" doesn't want to be known as the "bestie" of Anna Duggar), I think it's more likely that she's visiting Josh. Which either means that he has been moved, but this hasn't been updated in the computer system yet for whatever reason, or the Covid protocols at the county jail have been changed, allowing Anna to visit him there - although it's not clear why she would call that a "road trip."

Or, possibly, that she's decided that her real best friend is Jesus, and she's taking a road trip somewhere where she can commune with him. 

Regardless, this is the first birthday/anniversary post where she hasn't posted about how lucky she is, and instead has posted that she's listening over and over to a song that's about loss and brokenness and clinging to Jesus, and stating that she will continue to cling to Jesus. I think she's in a pretty bad place. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 10
  • Love 2
(edited)

It isn't exactly a road trip from where she lives to the jail and the jail still isn't showing in person visits.  As of last night, he was still listed as being in the jail awaiting orders from the BoP.  Based on that I'm not sure what Anna is prattling on about.  Even if Josh had been moved this week, that's too soon for the prison to have him processed and her visiting paperwork to be done.

I'm very curious who this "bestie" is she's talking about.  Maybe she's off to see one of her sisters.  Priscilla would be my first guess.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

On Twitter, someone replied, "Your children will never forgive you."

Ouch.

Wow has the comment been removed yet? Bet they get blocked too. 
Anna is delusional, she probably also has Stockholm syndrome. 

• Love 9