Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't really think so. Remember, in this cult, your husband becomes your best friend. 

But Smuggar is still just down the road in Fayetteville, and in-person visiting is still curtailed. It has to be a female friend. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

But Smuggar is still just down the road in Fayetteville, and in-person visiting is still curtailed. It has to be a female friend. 

Maybe. The clues just add up to FF. 

16 minutes ago, SMama said:

The road trip part doesn’t fit with visiting the FF. 

I know. Maybe she thinks she is going? Or maybe she is trying to trick people? Something odd about it. 

3 hours ago, quarks said:

song that's about loss and brokenness and clinging to Jesus, and stating that she will continue to cling to Jesus.

"I know the sorrow, I know the hurt
Would all go away if You'd just say the word"

The lyrics really apply to her.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Ding! Ding! We have a winner. They were married in 2008 so FF is her bestie. 🙄 Good God that woman is dense, brainwashed, in denial...... list could go on. 

Good lord if her kids ever start using SM and going through her posts. Ugh.

4 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I know this family could write the book on how to spin things but "road-tripping to visit my bestie" instead of "driving to see my husband in jail" has to be hands down one of their most mind blowing!  OMG - I just can't!

(If in fact that is what it means.)

I hate that kind of cutesie language from anyone over 18. Sounds ridiculous from a Duggar especially.

• Love 7

Again, I think Anna's in a really bad place mentally/emotionally. 

Prior to this, her social media has had only two modes: relentless, moderately terrifying positivity, or silence. This is a shift, presumably because right now, she can't manage either the silence or that positivity. Her husband is in jail. She has seven children, and no job and no job training/skills. It's not clear who, precisely, paid for/is paying for Josh's legal bills and the resulting federal fines, but her finances cannot be in good shape. Assuming she is still living in the warehouse, she is presumably interacting regularly with in-laws who have stated that Josh is guilty.

Meanwhile, the rest of her family and in-laws are happily living their lives, going on couples camping trips, redecorating houses, having more kids, and, most recently, heading off to moderately high profile Christian conventions, the very thing she used to do/thought she would be doing, complete with getting to ride on roller coasters and so on. The fact that two of the in-laws at that convention presumably frequently help her out with babysitting/housecleaning, and the in-law they were visiting followed up that visit with a 18 minute long sermon noting that yes, Josh is awful.  

The comparison must be extremely painful.

Thus this not entirely coherent post from her.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, quarks said:

Prior to this, her social media has had only two modes: relentless, moderately terrifying positivity, or silence.

She also used to retweet hateful stuff. That’s a big reason I started to detest her, before this latest drama. I hope she stays quiet.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 13

IMO, there's nothing wrong with the M & Ms figuring out who their dad is in their own time, and Anna believing he's innocent right now does not change the outcome of the trial - the FF is going to be in prison, away from any kids, for at least the next 10 years.

The way things unfolded in real time for Anna, she is more of a victim, IMO, than anything. She was a young, immature 20 year old when she married Josh and she trusted him and the adults around her. Ten years into her marriage Josh cheated, or at least tried to cheat - with other consenting adults. There's no way she, or anyone else, could have predicted where they'd all be at this point.

As far as we know the M & Ms have had a safe and happy childhood thus far.

I'm not defending Anna, as she is an adult now, I'm just saying I can understand where she is at. But her kids are safe, even if it takes time for Anna to figure it all out.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

I honestly am concerned about what Anna may do if reality sinks in. 

This is pure speculation, but I think if Anna does ever land in the truth it'll be a slow process, not an epiphany. But then she'll be met with all the practical struggles, including finances, so she may climb in and out of denial for a bit. In spite of who Anna is, she seems to be fairly resilient and pretty tough, so I think she'll do okay.

Came back to add that if her kids have any secrets to tell, Anna may not fare well at all.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This is pure speculation, but I think if Anna does ever land in the truth it'll be a slow process, not an epiphany. But then she'll be met with all the practical struggles, including finances, so she may climb in and out of denial for a bit. In spite of who Anna is, she seems to be fairly resilient and pretty tough, so I think she'll do okay.

For me, she doesn't come across as tough at all. She stakes her entire identity on something that has been ripped away from her in the most humiliating way possible and made her a source of derision and ridicule. And her response is to double down. For me, that is a sign of weakness, not strength. And it's always been her response. I really hope I am not right, but if something awful happens, I wouldn't be surprised. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 8
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Zella said:

For me, she doesn't come across as tough at all. She stakes her entire identity on something that has been ripped away from her in the most humiliating way possible and made her a source of derision and ridicule. And her response is to double down. It's always been her response. I really hope I am not right, but if something awful happens, I wouldn't be surprised. 

Anna could just slink away privately hiding her head in shame, but she doesn't. I see her doubling down as toughness.

• Useful 3
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Anna could just slink away privately hiding her head in shame, but she doesn't. I see her doubling down as toughness.

It reads as stupidity to me. 😂

• Like 6
  • Love 13

Josh is no longer on the Washington County roster. He's still not listed as in the BOP system, but it does seem like he's been moved since he was still on the jail roster yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 16
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Came back to add that if her kids have any secrets to tell, Anna may not fare well at all.

Sanctimonious bitch is probably retweeting hateful stuff right now. 😡

1 hour ago, Zella said:

For me, she doesn't come across as tough at all. She stakes her entire identity on something that has been ripped away from her in the most humiliating way possible and made her a source of derision and ridicule. And her response is to double down. For me, that is a sign of weakness, not strength. And it's always been her response. I really hope I am not right, but if something awful happens, I wouldn't be surprised. 

Yes, she seems weak to me too. As long as nothing happens to the kids, I don’t care.

• Like 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Zella said:

Josh is no longer on the Washington County roster. He's still not listed as in the BOP system, but it does seem like he's been moved since he was still on the jail roster yesterday. 

OMG. I wonder if Anna arrived at the prison, or at least the city, ahead of Josh in anticipation of his arrival. But then again, doesn't he need to be processed? Wouldn't Anna need to be CORIed and approved as a visitor?

But anyway it would be just like her to get there first. Maybe she's scoping out apartments and is going to move to the area.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 4
  • Love 10
Just now, GeeGolly said:

OMG. I wonder if Anna arrived at the prison, or at least the city, ahead of Josh in anticipation of his arrival. But then again, doesn't he need to be processed? Wouldn't Anna need to be CORIed and approved as a visitor?

But anyway it would be just like her to get there first. Maybe she's scoping out apartments and is going to move to the area.

The timeline is seriously boggling my mind! Like, I don't think there's any way she could be visiting him this fast, but I could definitely see her zooming toward him as soon as she finds out he is somewhere, even if she cannot see him.

Not gonna lie, I would laugh my ass off if she actually showed up expecting to see him. It reminds me of Joe Exotic ordering a limo because he was so sure he would be pardoned. (Ron Howard narrator voice: He was not.) 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Good, as long as she leaves the kids behind.

• Like 1

I agree that the "bestie" is Josh. They state this over and over and over and over that their spouse is their "best friend." They all do -- all the time. I find it really grating, and every time I hear it or see it, it's like fingernails on a chalk board. Anna has no friends, and that's 100% intentional on the part of her parents as members of that cult.

It occurred to me that this might be a "road trip" in Anna's eyes because she's alone. I would guess that she seldom, if ever, goes anywhere alone. There is ALWAYS an "accountability partner" when they go anywhere.

Anna may be numerically and physically an adult, but she's not a fully functional adult. She's lived her entire life in a cult that infantalizes women -- among the many exaples of that, the Holts reminded us that women can't be elders in their church. Other than sex and giving birth, women have no adult roles or responsibilities. Everything else she does: cooking, cleaning, laundry, child care, etc. can -- and often is -- done by children.

I doubt it has ever been her responsibility to gas up her car, or balance her checkbook, or handle any type of home repair. In case of emergency, she would call Josh (now JB, I guess), but I don't think it would ever occur to her to handle it on her own.

I don't think that Anna believes that she is a fully-functional and capable adult. I think that the idea that she could "get a job" is so completely outside her frame of reference that it doesn't even cross her mind. If it were to even cross her mind to divorce Josh, it would only be to marry a different fundie asshole and have more babies . . .

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 12
  • Love 4

I think Anna takes on more than her fair share of male responsibilities in her world of Fundiness. I mean her husband is you carry the luggage into our honeymoon room Josh Duggar.

But I agree Anna is not as mentally mature as others her age.

Her road trip may not be solo either. She could have the kids with her, Jana and Laura, or even JoHannah.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if she is that uninformed that she doesn't realize he can't have visitors immediately.  I guess she is.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I think Josh is already there because they keep the transfers hush hush so no one can intercept prisoners enroute. I wonder if they have a private record of where prisons are and a public one - with the public one obviously later to update.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Josh is already there because they keep the transfers hush hush so no one can intercept prisoners enroute. I wonder if they have a private record of where prisons are and a public one - with the public one obviously later to update.

That makes a lot of sense. My understanding is that even Josh wouldn't have known he was being transferred until they showed up at his cell and told him he was leaving. Maybe he was moved earlier this week. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Does anyone know the lagtime with the BOP updating their database?

And @GeeGolly, Seagoville (sp?) is about an hour from Prissy and David's.

I saw something that said once a week, but I have no clue if that is accurate or, if it is, what day of the week it updates. 

• Useful 3
27 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I wonder if she is that uninformed that she doesn't realize he can't have visitors immediately.  I guess she is.

I would not be surprised if she showed up to the prison expecting to see him well because he's Josh Duggar and at least she has a husband.   Rules?   Those are for those HEATHENS not special people that Dog loves more than anyone else.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6

I wonder who is with her. If she’s really on a road trip I doubt she’s alone, accountability partner always needed. It would really suck if Jana, or worse, Hannie, is forced to facilitate a visit with the convicted pedophile. 

• Love 7

That US Weekly article is - no surprise - making a lot out of very little.  No one knows for sure what facility he's going to.  Seagoville and Texarkana were preferred by the judge, but that's not his call, it's where they can find a bed, presumably in a facility with a large sex offender population for his safety.   There are others besides these two. 

It is weird that Anna goes off on her "road trip" the day before his transfer.  

He hasn't been in the WC jail for a month, he's been there for 6 months.  It's just a month since his sentencing. 

And I wish everyone would stop making hash out of his post-release requirements.  Check in with me in 10-12 years. 

Bitchiness aside, what does it say about me when the first thing that pops up when I type a 'b' in a Google search is "BOP Inmate Locator"?  (And I love that their icon is a square with bars across it.  It took me a while to realize what that was. ) 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ten years into her marriage Josh cheated, or at least tried to cheat - with other consenting adults.

I doubt if he waited that long.  Probably more like ten days after they got back from their honeymoon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

FF:

E5EB98D2-EB34-47E6-B5FF-7687753F3013.jpeg

He has managed to gain weight while incarcerated? Not body shaming just from anecdotal experiences (OJ, Scott Peterson, come to mind) they usually lose weight.

Edited by SMama
Shameful typos.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

He mange’s to gain weight while incarcerated? Not body shaming just from anecdotal experiences (OJ, Scott Peterson, come to mind) they usually lose weight.

Weight gain is way more common in prison than people think. The food isn't great, but it tends to be high calorie and the lifestyle can be really sedentary. There are quite a few articles discussing this. (It's an even bigger problem in women's prisons apparently because they are getting the same caloric intake as men.) That's not even factoring in extras from the commissary, which I believe someone reported he was getting money for. I never thought he was going to lose weight in jail, and I doubt he will after he lands in federal prison either. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

Does anyone know if Josh ends up at the OK intake facility how long it would take for him to be transferred to wherever he will start serving time?

Regarding FTC Oklahoma City:

LENGTH OF STAY: In-transit inmates are held at the FTC for a variety of reasons (i.e., ICE, USM, BOP, WRIT, etc.). It is not uncommon for an inmate to be held for more than 60 days due to a re- designation while in-transit, WRIT, ICE releases, airplane/vehicle repairs, etc. The Unit Manager and Case Management Coordinator begin tracking inmates to ensure they are not unnecessarily delayed once they are at the FTC for more than 30 days. The average length of stay is 4 to 6 weeks. Inmates are not housed at the FTC any longer than necessary. It is not unusual for other inmates to arrive after you and depart before you. Movement is normally based upon when you were designated; not when you arrived at the FTC. For security reasons, staff WILL NOT tell you when you are leaving.

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

He could lose weight at the Fed Pen. Real Housewives of New Jersey's Joe Giudice lost something like 50 lbs during the 5ish years he was incarcerated. He looked like a completely different person when he was released. It can be done.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1