Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

What I want to know is why are kids that old in the store with no shoes on? Evevn if they are in the stroller, anything could happen.  How lazy, tacky and trashy can you be?

Personally, I don't care whether they put shoes on their children or not. But to answer your question: It's the Duggars. I think they've proven by now that there is no upper limit.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

What I want to know is why are kids that old in the store with no shoes on? Evevn if they are in the stroller, anything could happen.  How lazy, tacky and trashy can you be?

Like what? I mean, really, what could happen to a barefoot kid in a stroller which could not happen to any other exposed piece of skin?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Like what? I mean, really, what could happen to a barefoot kid in a stroller which could not happen to any other exposed piece of skin?

I’m not sure what could happen, but I think it’s odd that the boys are wearing long pants and long sleeves and no shoes. 

• Love 6

My mother used to say, the feet are the pathway to the rest of the body, take good care of your feet. So, barefoot isn’t an awful thing, but depending on the climate, potential hazards, temperature, I feel like they should be covered when called for.

• Love 8

Maybe I'm just a prissy fuddy-duddy, but I feel like when you're out in public, you should be fully dressed. I don't think the bare feet are a crime against humanity or a parenting fail, but it just wouldn't be something I would do. 

• Love 16

i was always of the mind that 'well, what if the stroller broke'.....the kid might need to walk somewhere. and maybe they did have shoes in the car -- just not on the feet. i drilled it into my kids head that in case the car broke down, you MUST have shoes to walk in.

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, zoomama said:

i was always of the mind that 'well, what if the stroller broke'.....the kid might need to walk somewhere. and maybe they did have shoes in the car -- just not on the feet. i drilled it into my kids head that in case the car broke down, you MUST have shoes to walk in.

I'll second that.  I'll even add:  comfortable shoes, no high heels or new shoes that haven't been walked around in.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Maybe I'm just a prissy fuddy-duddy, but I feel like when you're out in public, you should be fully dressed. I don't think the bare feet are a crime against humanity or a parenting fail, but it just wouldn't be something I would do. 

Last year, when my twins got old enough to actually get their shoes off, the younger one would do just that. Take them off and fire them across the room, from the back seat to the front dash (which is terrifying when you're driving and a small shoe comes flying by your head) or out the car window at the gate guard. Thankfully she's over that for the most part. But I gave up on shoes for a while with her. Maybe that's why they're barefoot. Or, just because the Duggars are trashy. 

• Love 19
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Morning light? Did she get creative titling this picture because of the cross?

Morning light? My first thought was that he was playing with some artifacts below deck on an old pirate ship.

• Love 6
On 10/4/2018 at 2:39 PM, graefin said:

Personally, I don't care whether they put shoes on their children or not. But to answer your question: It's the Duggars. I think they've proven by now that there is no upper limit.

Nor lower.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

This is an awful picture. Spurgeon looks like he has some horrific skin condition, and the light isn't really working for this particular composition.

Jessa has no eye and apparently thinks that because it's b/w that it is somehow special. She has the same problem that Jill has with her "recipes" and advice on child rearing. It was be fine if she posted something like "I'm learning about photography, and experimenting with lighting and b/w. This is my first attempt and I think it came out pretty well." Instead, she presents it like she's Ansel Adams and has mastered it on her first attempt. Isn't "humility" one of the traits that the Duggars jabber about all the time?

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Isn't it about time for him to be saved (eg. David Waller)?

Not if Jill gets Izzy to read like a hostage mouth back a statement about his sinning on youtube first!

• Love 3

Have any of the Duggars been "saved"? I know TFDW says he was saved at 3, but I don't remember any of the Duggars or Duggar spouses talking about it. I maybe vaguely remember Michelle in regards to her really starting to go to church when she met JB, but other than that, have any of them mentioned it? I know Joy and maybe Jinger both saying Joe really helped them when they were questioning their religion, but that's about it. 

2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Have any of the Duggars been "saved"? I know TFDW says he was saved at 3, but I don't remember any of the Duggars or Duggar spouses talking about it. I maybe vaguely remember Michelle in regards to her really starting to go to church when she met JB, but other than that, have any of them mentioned it? I know Joy and maybe Jinger both saying Joe really helped them when they were questioning their religion, but that's about it. 

Well, there's this one:

https://www.christianpost.com/news/jinger-duggar-shares-personal-story-of-salvation-with-ben-seewald-public-134650/

I feel sure they'd probably say more about it in general but they're muzzling themselves for teevee, which is ironic as "real" Christians should jump all over their shit for not precisely using these words "saved" and "born-again", the last of which they already don't use above; but people have said Michelle does it already as a matter of course, right?  A sort of apologetic eye-rolly "I know you're already thinking this weird, but here goes" faux-modesty whenever she describes Christian concepts she thinks we're too heathenish to understand?

• Love 3
15 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Jessa has no eye and apparently thinks that because it's b/w that it is somehow special.

Except it wasn't Jessa who posted (and presumably shot) it. It was her mother-in-law.

• Love 9

Hey, that's Thomas the Tank Engine. I wonder if they're allowed to have those 'naughty freight cars"? My sons LOVED the Thomas the Tank Engine TV show that was on PBS 25 years ago. Mr. Conductor was first Ringo Starr then George Carlin. They both did a wonderful job narrating and appearing at the train station segments that were live action.

Having said that, it's a shame Jessa's children don't seem to play anywhere else but at home or within the family at her parents' house. They would do wonderfully in a play group with other children.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Hey, that's Thomas the Tank Engine. I wonder if they're allowed to have those 'naughty freight cars"? My sons LOVED the Thomas the Tank Engine TV show that was on PBS 25 years ago. Mr. Conductor was first Ringo Starr then George Carlin. They both did a wonderful job narrating and appearing at the train station segments that were live action.

Having said that, it's a shame Jessa's children don't seem to play anywhere else but at home or within the family at her parents' house. They would do wonderfully in a play group with other children.

Part of the isolation technique of Duggardom, not to mention Gothardom. Jessa's been totally indoctrinated. Probably never even crosses her mind that playing with other kids is even possible, let alone desirable. (although Bin could tell her something about that, it seems -- he at least played sports with, I think, a home-school co-op-type group?) .... But this isolation thing (save for way supervised visits by a few other kids being brainwashed to exactly the same standards) was obviously very very strictly enforced by JB and M, and it works its way into your brain at an early age when you experience it, never to be removed, in some cases. (speaking from experience here) It runs along way below conscious thought. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Makes me wonder if they ever go to the library or are near one? When I watched kids, we were at our library all the time. The children programs they had/have are truly amazing and the kids and I LOVED them! They have them for all ages. It's one of the things I miss the most(besides the kids themselves)from watching kids. There was nothing done that would offend them. We did art projects, sang kids songs and the librarian in charge would read a couple stories. It was a half hour or so. They even have a program in the summer called Stories in the Park. It was at a nearby park and we did all the things mentioned above, but at a park. It was one of favorite things to go to. I know from checking out books, that there were plenty of religious kids books. I think the boys would really enjoy it and being around other kids. It would do Izzy and Sam good too.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I agree with others, I don't think Jessa is consciously trying to isolate her children, but it just worked out that way. Maybe they play with some of Sierra's kids and Jessa doesn't film non-Duggar kids?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Part of the isolation technique of Duggardom, not to mention Gothardom.

It's also part of the Evangelical Homeschooling creed. When I first started looking into homeschooling in the early 90s, there were plenty of articles claiming socializing with children outside the family was a modern/humanist invention, that back in the pioneer days all you had was your own family and those children grew up to be hardworking, strong Christian adults.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

I started watching Shining Time Station when I was pregnant and said if I had a boy he would get all the trains I could find. I did and he loved Thomas. My favorite was Ringo imitating the cow in The Cow on the Line...... 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

I think Jessa would benefit the most from a play group if she could stick with it for a few weeks and open her mind just a bit (yeah I know).  She’ll always be Jessa but I think a playgroup of diverse races, ages and/or faiths might be enough to crack her faith facade, and she would privately question a lot around her.  Wishful thinking I guess.  

• Love 9

Does anybody know why Ben and Jessa continue to live in that small house when JB probably has many larger renovated houses they could live in?  Isn't their house the same house that Josh & Anna lived in (Grandma Dugger's house)?  

It's clear they never read about the damage the isolation brought. I read a couple of true life events from women (Maybe that's why) about how the isolation was truly damaging. One woman in one of the prairie states walked a long distance (I want to say over 10 miles, but since I don't have the book with me I can't) just because she heard of new neighbors moving in.  It really was a ridiculous long walk.

Second a woman went crazy (literally, biting her children and fighting her husband). He tied her up to make sure she didn't harm herself or the kids. finally one day, she "became normal" asked to be untied and once free, started cooking and acting as if the previous months when she was tied never happened.   

I can't imagine the life of kids who had to witness that. Especially when you don't have an outside "voice" that can empathise (yeah, I know, you shoulda seen my Ma during that last snow, the way she eyed the pot and us kids I thought we'uns were goners until she killed that snake that fell through the sod roof.) or can sympathise, (if that happens again, just come here and I'll hide youo in the barn. We'll think of somethin'.)

They only think it's only their family or it's everyone's. Neither is correct until they can compare notes on the outside.

Edited by Catlyn
saw what I had typed on the tablet and corrected.
  • Love 10
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:41 AM, floridamom said:

Do you think they let their kids watch Thomas?  Nothing would please me more than knowing that George Carlin was on their screen in all his subversive glory and they had no idea who he was or Ringo for that matter.  It would be awesome!

Plus it's such a cute show.  Those kids would love it.

• Love 10

Jessa has an Instagram story of dinner at a nice restaurant with Jana and Laura. Sounds surprisingly normal...but then she has a picture of J and L with the heart eyes emoji and “These two” written next to it. I wouldn’t give this a second thought if one of my friends did this about two other same sex friends but for Jessa, it’s incredibly tone deaf regarding Jana. 

Either she doesn’t read any social media about her family and it’s really a “look how much i love my besties” post but that’s not right because we know she reads media about her family and there’s been recent speculation about Jana. Even Derrick has “answered” a question about the J and L relationship. Or, she is incredibly callous about what social media says about her sister?  I don’t care what sexuality Jana identifies with but in their world, it’s a HUGE thing that could impact Jana and Laura’s life tremendously. .  Why would Jessa do this to her sister?  

• Love 19
23 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

Jessa has an Instagram story of dinner at a nice restaurant with Jana and Laura. Sounds surprisingly normal...but then she has a picture of J and L with the heart eyes emoji and “These two” written next to it. I wouldn’t give this a second thought if one of my friends did this about two other same sex friends but for Jessa, it’s incredibly tone deaf regarding Jana. 

Either she doesn’t read any social media about her family and it’s really a “look how much i love my besties” post but that’s not right because we know she reads media about her family and there’s been recent speculation about Jana. Even Derrick has “answered” a question about the J and L relationship. Or, she is incredibly callous about what social media says about her sister?  I don’t care what sexuality Jana identifies with but in their world, it’s a HUGE thing that could impact Jana and Laura’s life tremendously. .  Why would Jessa do this to her sister?  

I'd bet it's just more being clueless about nuances..... That "you two" or "these two" kind of comments about two of your friends (either on your post or on something they posted) is pretty common these days, isn't it? I swear I've seen it, along with non-two comments like "you guys" and such of course, a LOT lately...... So I think she probably just copied the trend, without giving any thought to how it looks when others have speculated that the "two" may actually be a secret couple. 

I mean, this is a woman who sent the world photos of a two-foot high pile of dirty diapers on a dresser as if it was a perfectly normal "here we are at home" shot. 

She just doesn't have any context for things and she doesn't think much but is nevertheless addicted to parroting online language and trends, is my guess.  As you indicate, though, she really DOES need to start thinking. .... Don't know what it would take to have that idea actually dawn on her, though.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21

Those boys are so darn cute & agree with you all about hoping they do get to have play dates with other kids even if it's just Sierra& her gang. IIRC didnt Jessa post a play date photo awhile back?  I think we were speculating if she was pregnant at the time by what she was wearing or hiding her stomach.

I was thinking about Izzy & Sam while watching this video. Is it just me or is it a rarity that we ever see them playing with their toys by themselves (without Derrick).  Izzy is cute too but he  seems so uptight in trying to impress  or get the attention of his parents, mainly his "Papa",  that we don't get to see him playing like his cousins.  Hope this makes sense.

• Love 5